Options

the wrestling thread has been suspended for 30 days for a wellness violation

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Apparently their one week free CHIKARANOF code works even if you're a returning subscriber and 2:30 PM is basically the perfect time for me, so what the hell, I guess I'm watching Zach Sabre Jr. in Chikara tonight.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Apparently their one week free CHIKARANOF code works even if you're a returning subscriber and 2:30 PM is basically the perfect time for me, so what the hell, I guess I'm watching Zach Sabre Jr. in Chikara tonight.

That's what I did!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The thing with Smackdown's women's roster you gotta remember is that Nikki Bella is almost guaranteed to go to Smackdown, I think it's reasonable to say John Cena has enough sway over that decision to keep him and his lady friend together. And the Smackdown women's heel team just happens to need a new member, for tonight's tag match, after Eva's suspension, and Nikki Bella just happened to be recently cleared to wrestle.

Kanden on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I think that would be too soon

wouldn't want any injuries to pop back up

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    if she's cleared to compete then she can compete

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm not exactly excited about more mediocre Nikki Bella matches.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    sp6lbbg0t8o3.jpeg

Sigh

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    That's incredibly disappointing about Gulak's match. Also, what was up with Hot Sauce? I saw that he got taken out before the match that he was in and didn't wrestle?

Gulak actually did some really great stuff, and got the crowd into it multiple times, but every time he'd start to build momentum Thatcher would Thatcher and the crowd would die. Plus I got to shake his hand before the show so I left with a positive impression of him.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm not exactly excited about more mediocre Nikki Bella matches.

Same but I'm really excited for all the good matches she'll have

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    nikki bella is good

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't remember the last time I saw a Bella in the ring

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Brie at mania, probably

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I'm not expecting Nikki as the replacement for the match tonight, because I think she's pretty much guaranteed a face reception that wouldn't go along with being on the bad side.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yeah guys I'm all aboard the Ember Moon train now

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm not expecting Nikki as the replacement for the match tonight, because I think she's pretty much guaranteed a face reception that wouldn't go along with being on the bad side.

You can only do what you can do. She's gonna get a face pop when she comes back no matter what.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    That's incredibly disappointing about Gulak's match. Also, what was up with Hot Sauce? I saw that he got taken out before the match that he was in and didn't wrestle?

Gulak actually did some really great stuff, and got the crowd into it multiple times, but every time he'd start to build momentum Thatcher would Thatcher and the crowd would die. Plus I got to shake his hand before the show so I left with a positive impression of him.

That bolded part made me laugh louder than I care to admit.

Glad you enjoyed Gulak regardless, he's one of my favorites and a local guy so I'm very happy more people are getting to see him. He's also just a cool dude. After he lost a match to Ashley Remington and was given the customary fruit basket, he went around offering pieces of fruit to people in the crowd.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't remember the last time I saw a Bella in the ring

It's beautiful, isn't it?

• Options
    I honestly can't think of a single Bella match that I thought was particularly good.

Her best stuff is basically just decent.

She's the bridge between the Diva era and the modern one. Better than the parade of models turned into bad wrestlers of years past, but also not up to the standards of her more modern peers.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure I've seen every non house show/Superstars/ME match she's ever had and I just don't understand the love this thread had for her. Nikki at her absolute best is just kind of okay.

I'm glad she's recovered and everything, but if I never saw another Bella on TV again it would be no loss to me.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I honestly can't think of a single Bella match that I thought was particularly good.

Her best stuff is basically just decent.

She's the bridge between the Diva era and the modern one. Better than the parade of models turned into bad wrestlers of years past, but also not up to the standards of her more modern peers.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure I've seen every non house show/Superstars/ME match she's ever had and I just don't understand the love this thread had for her. Nikki at her absolute best is just kind of okay.

I'm glad she's recovered and everything, but if I never saw another Bella on TV again it would be no loss to me.

it's not so much that I disagree with what you're saying here as it is that I think she brings a lot of star power, lots of people know and like her, and I think she's capable of learning and getting better which should be helped by all the talent that will be around her now.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I also have a really hard time buying her as a face. Or as this tough hoss, like how she seems to want to be now. I can't take her as a badass hero or as a dominating villain very seriously. Everything about her look and presentation screams "sneaky conceited heel" and any time the character has veered from that it has fallen completely flat for me.

I look at the twins and still very much see the "Diva" branding all over them.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I also have a really hard time buying her as a face. Or as this tough hoss, like how she seems to want to be now. I can't take her as a badass hero or as a dominating villain very seriously. Everything about her look and presentation screams "sneaky conceited heel" and any time the character has veered from that it has fallen completely flat for me.

That's actually what I love about her character. She wanted to present herself as this tough, badass standard-bearer for the women, but whenever the going got tough shed fall back to her old cheating ways.

Also I think you're selling her wrestling ability short, since she had really good matches with Charlotte, AJ, and Paige.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

How can you not see Nikki as a hoss? She was just fucking murdering people during her last title run.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

That's actually what I love about her character. She wanted to present herself as this tough, badass standard-bearer for the women, but whenever the going got tough shed fall back to her old cheating ways.

Also I think you're selling her wrestling ability short, since she had really good matches with Charlotte, AJ, and Paige.

I don't think any of those matches were really good. They were better than most of the rest of her body of work, but still pretty dull.

Her last one with Charlotte was probably the closest.

But overall I thought her way-too-long title reign was filled with tons and tons of very boring work.

• Options

How can you not see Nikki as a hoss? She was just fucking murdering people during her last title run.

She added some power moves to her arsenal but didn't otherwise sell me on it with the overall way she wrestled or with her character work.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like Nikki's finisher and she has a hell of an Alabama slam, like goddamn

That's really about all the positive stuff I can say about her ringwork

I like her on Total Divas though

• Options
    The funny thing about Total Divas is that the ones that are the super-conceited "Diva" characters on regular WWE programming, Eva and the Bellas, come out of that show looking like some of the nicest, coolest people.

While some of the ones that were presented on Raw as good upstanding people we should like, such as Nattie or Cameron, kinda come off like pieces of shit on TD.

At least that's my impression from what I've seen of early Total Divas, anyway.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The funny thing about Total Divas is that the ones that are the super-conceited "Diva" characters on regular WWE programming, Eva and the Bellas, come out of that show looking like some of the nicest, coolest people.

While some of the ones that were presented on Raw as good upstanding people we should like, such as Nattie or Cameron, kinda come off like pieces of shit on TD.

Nattie on Total Divas is less total bitch and more out-of-touch mother hanging out with her kids.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Oh boy I do not like these updated betting odds for Summerslam

Charlotte is now favored to win

What the fuck Vince

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

I was rooting hard for Almas last night, but I think him losing was the right call as I think the crowd would have revolted if Roode had lost.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

What the fuck Vince

I don't know why the betting odds matter. They've been wrong before and they'll be wrong again.

Plus Vince has at least 5 hours to change his mind several times anyway.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Nattie on Total Divas is less total bitch and more out-of-touch mother hanging out with her kids.

Every episode I've seen she comes off as the most shifty, insecure person. Like, making snide comments towards people, being super arrogant and defensive, and just acting really two-faced overall. I very much get a "bad person" vibe off of her.

Of course the show is at least partially scripted, so who knows what she's actually like. Let's not forget the hatchet job they did on poor Summer. But man, the way they presented Nattie is really, REALLY weird.

Because I would be watching this show that made me feel like I was supposed to feel bad for this asshole.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Andrade was absolutely fantastic last night but for the love of God ditch the fucking Magic Mike thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

What the fuck Vince

I don't know why the betting odds matter. They've been wrong before and they'll be wrong again.

I thought the odds right before the show airs are almost always right.

• Options

What the fuck Vince

I don't know nor care. What kind of lunatic would bet on scripted television?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Andrade was absolutely fantastic last night but for the love of God ditch the fucking Magic Mike thing

Maybe just add a dress shirt. It's the suspenders on bare skin that don't work for me.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options

What the fuck Vince

I don't know nor care. What kind of lunatic would bet on scripted television?

I'm guessing people with too much money to waste.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Maybe just add a dress shirt. It's the suspenders on bare skin that don't work for me.

Full on Zoot suit entrance gear.

• Options
    Quite frankly I'm surprised one of the 237 writers WWE has now haven't leaked the script and just bet on the winners.

This discussion has been closed.