Options

PlayStation Plus Subscription Price Increasing

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Jeff and most of the bombcrew actually don't understand how a lot of things work.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Jeff and most of the bombcrew actually don't understand how a lot of things work.

It's a large part of their appeal.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Will never understand people shitting on PSN as a service

Their download speeds are fantastic and I've never had a problem with online play

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Will never understand people shitting on PSN as a service

Their download speeds are fantastic and I've never had a problem with online play

My download speeds are terrible, I have to re-start them constantly and I get booted a lot during multi. It only happens on PSN; I have zero problem on PC or 360.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, odds of a good lineup being shown Tues next week to help?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I mean, maybe my speeds are actually bad and I'm just not sensitive to that sort of thing, like how I wasn't sensitive to bad framerates for a long time

I downloaded the entirety of The Witcher 3 in like a couple hours the other day, and that's 51 gigs according to my PS4. If people think they need to be faster, I guess I just don't personally agree?

As far as online play goes, I've never been dropped outside of a few times in Destiny, and that was just Destiny in general having problems that day

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I mean, maybe my speeds are actually bad and I'm just not sensitive to that sort of thing, like how I wasn't sensitive to bad framerates for a long time

I downloaded the entirety of The Witcher 3 in like a couple hours the other day, and that's 51 gigs according to my PS4. If people think they need to be faster, I guess I just don't personally agree?

As far as online play goes, I've never been dropped outside of a few times in Destiny, and that was just Destiny in general having problems that day

It's probably more related to providers and local/regional issues with traffic between them regarding why connectivity to PSN works for some and not others

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Accumulated Inflation in USD from 2010 to 2016 is 10.4%
    PS+ launched at $49.99 (I had thought it was 45 bucks)
    so 2016 would be $55.17

not that 5 bucks annually, really hits the wallet that much, but it's interesting to look at.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

have you considered the possibility that what you're experiencing is entirely different than what other people are experiencing

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My roommate and I both downloaded Doom this month and it was over a quarter of our bandwidth for the month

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Magic Pink wrote: »

have you considered the possibility that what you're experiencing is entirely different than what other people are experiencing

Have you considered the same

I mean if it's fine for me, then yeah of course I personally don't agree "this really should be faster"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    http://gematsu.com/2016/08/playstation-now-coming-pc

If Sony intends to try and court the pc market in any major way that could easily justify the price increase since the user base is so much broader and requires more infrastructure

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    In roughly 6 months we'll all forget it used to cost $50.

Just like how everyone made a stink when game prices went to $60. Most people probably never think about that anymore.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I had no idea it wasn't already $60

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Just like how everyone made a stink when game prices went to $60. Most people probably never think about that anymore.

My stink over this lasted roughly from the time I purchased Perfect Dark Zero at the counter to when I got home and popped it in and saw how much better it looked

And that was on an SD set

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

What, 1996?

Because SNES cartridges cost $60 I shit you not

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

What, 1996?

Because cartridges were just shittily expensive, even more so with N64, and that was pretty well understood

People were used to discs being $50 for a while, seeing as that's how PS1, PS2, DC, Xbox, GC, Wii and possibly Saturn (?) games were all priced

So discs being $60 suddenly was definitely a big shock for many when it happened

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I honestly don't really mind the price increase

But my download speeds are still garbage at any price so I mean, any excuse to air grievances with their shit service

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2016
    I got my dad to buy me Chrono Trigger at Toys R Us and I believe it was $85

For a long time though during the PS1 and 2 Era games were $50.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    I got my dad to buy me Chronicle Trigger at Toys R Us and I believe it was $85

An original creation, like Ricky Rouse, or Monald Muck

• Options
    I got my dad to buy me Chronicle Trigger at Toys R Us and I believe it was $85

An original creation, like Ricky Rouse, or Monald Muck

I edited it! It's not my fault my phone doesn't like the word Chrono

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

What, 1996?

PS1/PS2/Xbox/GC spoiled us.

rhylith on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

What, 1996?

Because cartridges were just shittily expensive, even more so with N64, and that was pretty well understood

People were used to discs being $50 for a while, seeing as that's how PS1, PS2, DC, Xbox, GC, Wii and possibly Saturn (?) games were all priced

So discs being $60 suddenly was definitely a big shock for many when it happened

First party games stayed at 50 for a bit right?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

WHOA

How long have playstation bundles been a thing? I have often seen humble bundles I'd like to pick up but my PC can barely play solitaire

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

WHOA

How long have playstation bundles been a thing? I have often seen humble bundles I'd like to pick up but my PC can barely play solitaire

this is the first and it's real good

like, remake alone is worth it, let alone all the other shit

shame a bunch is only for ps3 and isn't backwards compatible because sony hates you

• Options
    I would happily pay the $15 but most of those are ps3 only

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don't play anything on my PS4 anymore since my 100+ mbps connection would barely get 500k-1mb from PSN. Any big patch took days to download, and god forbid the system needs to update.

The multiplayer always worked fine, but the download speed is horrendous. This actually also reminded me to cancel my PS+ sub, since I haven't used it in ages.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I own most of those games from that Capcom bundle but

That's still $5 off of RE Zero, so I might get it just for that and give the rest of the codes to friends, also because I wanna see more PlayStation Humble Bundles

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Honestly the weirdest part of this all is the completely misaligned hike in the 3 month rate

(Canadian prices quoted)
    $49.99 to $69.99 for twelve months - a total hike of 20%
    $9.99 to $11.99 for one month - a total hike of 20%
    $17.99 to $29.99 for three months - a total hike of 67%

what the hell??

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The PSN network issues thing is hilarious to me because I live in Australia, in the second most remote city in the country, in an area with arguably the crappiest internet connections available, and I have had consistently fast downloads and reliable network service from Playstation from day 1.

• Options
    Yeah, I used to do the three-month re-up at $18

Now the disparity is too much and I'll just grab the full year each time

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    My experience on a normal day with psn download speeds is usually pretty good. However, on busy days (destiny, Destiny expansions, holidays) their service basically slows to a crawl and begins to crash a bit.

As far as Jeff/giantbomb are concerned, those guys have multiple people who have to deal with all 3 major systems on a regular basis, so I take them at their word that of the 3, psn is far and away the worst.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I got my dad to buy me Chrono Trigger at Toys R Us and I believe it was $85

For a long time though during the PS1 and 2 Era games were $50.

I think Bubsy set my parents back like $100.

No, I have no idea why me and my brother insisted on them getting us Bubsy.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    You probably liked his sass

Big old sassmouth on that Bubsy

Hobnail on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't remember the last time I paid full price for a subscription, there is at least 1 very good deal on them per year

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I owned Phantasy Star 4 on Genesis

• Options
    I don't know where else to post about this but

nhlNaN6.jpg

ZamAMF6.jpg

These are hitting at the beginning of October for $20 a pop and I absolutely love that box art, gonna grab both

They are coming to Xbox One as well

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Nothing will beat Game Room