Options

PlayStation Plus Subscription Price Increasing

13»

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I give the leaderboards a week before they're filled with cheaters.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Do most people actually go for global leaderboard stuff

I figure every game has cheaters at the top because people are garbage

I usually just compare to a friends leaderboard

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I like when global leaderboards say "you are in the top 5%" or whatever, because i figure even with cheaters that's still reasonably accurate. And it feels better than being ranked 1034th, which is meaningless.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My roommate and I both downloaded Doom this month and it was over a quarter of our bandwidth for the month

Wait, when did you move back to Australia?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Do most people actually go for global leaderboard stuff

I figure every game has cheaters at the top because people are garbage

I usually just compare to a friends leaderboard

...I'm somehow still at #36 for Turbine in Assault Android Cactus (on Steam, but). I set that score nearly a year ago (at which point I made #8 with it).

I should really play that some more.

My 11th place on the first level is down past 300 now.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    par example

I had a 2 gig download on Steam last night, it was done in 10 minutes.

I had a 45 MB update on PSN, it took over 45 minutes.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    par example

hmm. both connected to same wifi, or was one and/or both wired?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Naphtali wrote: »
    par example

both wired. not downloading at the same time either. the PC wasn't even on while the PS4 was downloading and I have no other electronics that have internet access.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    par example

both wired.

only thing I can think of is to try to look up if there's any specific ports on your router PSN would prefer be open, but its entirely possible you're just effed due to your provider/location. maybe try to report it to sony tech support, if there's anything they can do on their end to alert the provider(s) between you and them that you're having issues in terms of traffic availability?

• Options
    par example

both wired.

only thing I can think of is to try to look up if there's any specific ports on your router PSN would prefer be open, but its entirely possible you're just effed due to your provider/location. maybe try to report it to sony tech support, if there's anything they can do on their end to alert the provider(s) between you and them that you're having issues in terms of traffic availability?

All the ports are open, it's been like that since I got internet. I've tried everything years ago, Sony Support, my internet company (guess which of of those was actually helpful) even had the wiring examined.

The service is just poor.

• Options
    well time to pay for that fiber line :rotate:

seriously though, that sucks. what's your provider company and location?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    well time to pay for that fiber line :rotate:

seriously though, that sucks. what's your provider company and location?

I have fiber!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    raisin bran is no replacement for internet, MP

• Options
    look some of us need help pooping and I will not be judged by you or anyo...

hold on i'll be back in 45 minutes

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    PSN sucked for me back east.

Here in the depths of hell I downloaded Doom in about a hour and a half.

Which is pretty good. Besides being in a burning hellscape, that is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Playstation thread,

My PS4 has crapped out on me, asking for a USB drive with a system update on it to be inserted for it to fix itself. Problem is, my USB sticks are too fat to fit into the slot/the PS4 refuses to recognize that a USB drive is plugged in.

This seems to me like a perfect time to upgrade and install a new hard drive. Anyone have any idea if this wouldn't work/any recommendations for drives to install?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Playstation thread,

My PS4 has crapped out on me, asking for a USB drive with a system update on it to be inserted for it to fix itself. Problem is, my USB sticks are too fat to fit into the slot/the PS4 refuses to recognize that a USB drive is plugged in.

This seems to me like a perfect time to upgrade and install a new hard drive. Anyone have any idea if this wouldn't work/any recommendations for drives to install?

You'll still need a usb stick tho to do the transfer

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Playstation thread,

@Thetheroo I bought this usb stick for my ps4 specificially because it was slim. works great for what I've used it for (save file backups)

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I don't think I will resub when it comes time. Typically, I kept a sub going for Destiny but my core group has split and outside of UC4, I havent picked up any new games for my PS4 this year.

For me, both consoles are just where I play exclusives that I know wont ever come to PC. I've all but gone back to PC for my day to day gaming both SP and MP.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Playstation thread,

Why, though? I'm resigned that my saves that were on the PS4 are fucked, but I didn't really have anything saved on there. I'm not too attached to my PSN game saves and I've primarily used this thing as a Destiny machine for the longest time.

Can I not just format and load the system update on the drive before installing it into the PS4?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Playstation thread,

Why, though? I'm resigned that my saves that were on the PS4 are fucked, but I didn't really have anything saved on there. I'm not too attached to my PSN game saves and I've primarily used this thing as a Destiny machine for the longest time.

You do need the USB to install the system software back onto the PS4 once you've installed the hard drive, even if you're not transferring saves.

Here's the relevant Sony article:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Playstation thread,

Can I not just format and load the system update on the drive before installing it into the PS4.

maybe? I find it hard to plug in fans tho so I am not the person to ask.

I think you have to have the drive in the PS4 when you update it

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Yea i installed a 4 tb hard drive and prior to that upgrade i did a 2tb upgrade, each time after the initial boot up you are asked to install the latest system software from a usb drive.

Also make sure that the flash drives you do use are in FAT32 format. otherwise the PS4 will not recognize it.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.