Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Love] is a Battlefield

19495969798100»

• chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Just want it on the record that every single time I see this thread I want to make a thread for Battlefield 1 and title it "Love is a [Battlefield]"

I think I'm very funny

Wouldn't that be for Battlefield 0 though?

SporkAndrewStraightzilonelyahava
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm on the bus and sitting across from me is @Grey Ghost 's doppleganger if GG had become an art school skater instead of Hawkeye.

Edit: The resemblance is shocking. He's even talking about a girl he likes!

Hacksaw on
    Rorshach KringlepookaSassori
  • JuggernutJuggernut South CurrrrlinaRegistered User regular
    Just want it on the record that every single time I see this thread I want to make a thread for Battlefield 1 and title it "Love is a [Battlefield]"

I think I'm very funny

Love is a lot like Battlefield, when you think abo SON OF A BITCH THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY HE GOT A HEADSHOT ON ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT ASS LAG GODDA

Grey GhostVeldrinDedpuppy
    Anyway, another love thread come and gone. Some of us actually got some this time round so good for all of you!

See you next time.

NeoTomaAngelinaRainfall
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Love is great love thread

JuggernutchromdomlonelyahavaUsagi
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have the dreaded Tri Core
    So I don't know and really how can I?
    I lack a car and am basically a vampire anymore

When I started seeing a professional, I was almost completely nocturnal, so anxious that just going to class was a struggle, and checking my email was impossible.

I also had zero trust in mental health professionals thanks to some shit my high school social work department pulled. (Lets just say it was so bad, I was relieved when my social worker died because it meant I didn't have to see her again.) And was only there because if I didn't go, I was going to fail a class and be put on acedemic probation.

It still ended up helping me.

Anyway, if you think you might need it, seeing if you can get it won't hurt. Seeing if you can access therapy doesn't mean you have to go.

Peter Ebellonelyahava
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    The only love in my life is this thread.

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    PeasDouglasDanger
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

I think I'm very funny

I love you, numbers.

Just woke my son up across the house laughing so hard.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego.
    chrishallett83
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    So how often do you guys text with your SO's generally speaking? Thinking especially in the early phases of a relationship. Just had a Match.com coffee date cancel on me because she was "uncomfortable" with how little I had texted with her in advance of the date - we just used texts to arrange it for the weekend and then chatted a bit more a few days later. Is it super weird that I don't text that often just for idle conversation? I simply don't have a burning desire to share my thoughts/activities throughout the day, and find it sort of tedious to carry on meaty conversations over text rather than in person.

NeoTomaGnome-InterruptusOpposingFarce
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    text or call every day. doesn't have to be for long periods of time, but deffo has to happen. especially in early stages. ya gotta show you have an active interest in the person's daily life.

6jomko.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I learned through an anime dating game that you should text around meal times and ask them if they have eaten.

ChicoBlue on
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I learned through an anime dating game that you should text around meal times and ask them if they have eaten.

that's only when you want to date birds, chico

6jomko.png
    HacksawAbsurdProposition
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    text or call every day. doesn't have to be for long periods of time, but deffo has to happen. especially in early stages. ya gotta show you have an active interest in the person's daily life.

Yeah, I figure moving forward I'll definitely do this at least until I can get a feel for whether or not she's into that. I figure if I sent the last message and she never follows up (i.e. what I did in this scenario) then maybe she doesn't want to text that often, otherwise I'll assume that if she had the last message then I'm expected to continue the thread at some point.

I think I'm very funny

I love you, numbers.

Just woke my son up across the house laughing so hard.

Tennis joke ^5

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    So how often do you guys text with your SO's generally speaking? Thinking especially in the early phases of a relationship. Just had a Match.com coffee date cancel on me because she was "uncomfortable" with how little I had texted with her in advance of the date - we just used texts to arrange it for the weekend and then chatted a bit more a few days later. Is it super weird that I don't text that often just for idle conversation? I simply don't have a burning desire to share my thoughts/activities throughout the day, and find it sort of tedious to carry on meaty conversations over text rather than in person.

Daily texting to show interest really helps. Actually ended up changing my OKC question about that when I realised how much fun it was and how much it helped alleviate stress when you're not waiting days (especially if you use something like WhatsApp and can see if they've read it/when they were last online but haven't responded).

I found if both parties are interested chatting is easy, otherwise it can be like pulling teeth (which can be a decent indicator when paired with other stuff).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    It just feels good to know that someone wants to know about you, or share something that happened in their life with you. Texting constantly is really obnoxiously but one/two exchanges a day is pretty standard.

The next love thread needs another song-based title

Something like "Ain't Takin' 'bout [Love]"

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I Need [Love Thread] to Ease My Mind

[love thread] is what i got

6jomko.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    [Love] Don't Cost A Thing (Unless you pay for premium)

lonelyahava
    [Love] Me Two Times

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

I feel like that one's been used before.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    Veldrin wrote: »

let me tell you about paying for love

6jomko.png
    UsagiNija
    Live and Let [Love]

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I worry I text my friends too often
    I worry I don't text them often enough

I worry I worry too much

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Have we had [Love] Shack before

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Have we had [Love] Shack before

yes

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Digital [Love] featuring Hatsune Miku

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    [Love] Me Do?

[Love] is a many-splendored thing?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    In the Name of [Love] Thread

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

Is this the first date being cancelled? As in you haven't met and are presumably both dating other people in general etc.

If that happened to me, I'd be "oh phew" because that would seem like someone who would over-analyze the fuck out of a relationship. I mean, we haven't even met, let alone become a thing. There isn't an obligation on how much at that stage.

Chatting at all beyond the initial setting of a date would be a bonus, and fine, run with it. But calling everything off because of lack? That's silly.

OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    MadEddyNeoTomaKwoarupookaAngelinalonelyahavaShazkar ShadowstormGnome-Interruptus
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    thousands of songs feature [Love] as a title click and find out which ones!

Brainleech on
    i believe in a thread called [love]

6jomko.png
    OmnipotentBagel
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have the dreaded Tri Core
    So I don't know and really how can I?
    I lack a car and am basically a vampire anymore

When I started seeing a professional, I was almost completely nocturnal, so anxious that just going to class was a struggle, and checking my email was impossible.

I also had zero trust in mental health professionals thanks to some shit my high school social work department pulled. (Lets just say it was so bad, I was relieved when my social worker died because it meant I didn't have to see her again.) And was only there because if I didn't go, I was going to fail a class and be put on acedemic probation.

It still ended up helping me.

Anyway, if you think you might need it, seeing if you can get it won't hurt. Seeing if you can access therapy doesn't mean you have to go.

The problem is I too have little trust in them as I feel it would be the battery of questions and tests to find out gasp something I don't like talking about
    Aka the epiphany I had long after high school of why the school psychiatrist was happy to talk to me all the time.

I really just need people to talk to
    I am ashamed that I walked to work in a heavy rain yet again last night I really didn't think it was that bad until I got to the last 1/3rd of the walk when my coat was so wet the inner liner was becoming soaked.
    I really just need to get away from work as it's now beyond soul crushing and a big part of how I am just going through the day in idle

This discussion has been closed.