Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Love] is a Battlefield

• AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    But be honest.

Which one of us here wouldn't bone down with Data?

He's fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques!
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    But be honest.

Which one of us here wouldn't bone down with Data?

Yo.

Even if I found Brent Spiner remotely attractive, Data has all the personality of a TI-83 and, were I somehow to have the option, I'd have the holodeck instead and way more fun with that.

Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Okay how about the Emergency Medical Hologram?

It just occurred to me that if I lost like, 100 more pounds or so I'd probably look a fair deal like Robert Picardo.

Uriel on
    Okay how about the Emergency Medical Hologram?

Speaking solely for myself my Star Trek romantic playbook would consist almost entirely of hitting unsuccessfully on Romulan women, if I had to guess.

OSvv7zs.png

Hacksaw
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Ah, the hidden perks of robotics conferences

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/sx/nnkbg94lsts3.png

dear Peruvian dude I have absolutely no memory of,
    Me ignoring your friend request for two years is probably not a sign you should try harder.
    best
    tynic

Maybe he's a spy handled by incompetent officers

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Who knows, who knows

Maybe the decision to "try again" after two years was made during a boardroom meeting

tynicSolarHacksaw
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    spy for ... peru?

See, it's perfect because you'd never expect it.

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    XaquinchromdomsarukunHacksawVeldrinchrishallett83Hermano
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    spy for ... peru?

Wouldn't be the first Peruvian national to infiltrate a foreign nation for nefarious purposes.

ZlnKRz.png

ShentynicSnicketysnicksarukunHacksawchrishallett83SporkAndrewHermano
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    "We met in humanoids 2014" is like some sort of parasite pickup line.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
    GizzyAngelinaSolarsarukunThe Hanged ManVeldrinBogeyHermano
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    spy for ... peru?

YEAH HA HA THAT'S CRAZY WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER DO THAT HA HA HA

<_<
    >_>
    note: tynic knows too much

XaquinOmnipotentBagel
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Are you saying that this whole thing is a clumsy attempt to casually gain information from our Tynic?

Are you saying that this a

Peruse?

AuralynxUrielgodmodeSassoritynicSnicketysnickXaquinNeoTomaAngelinaAbsurdPropositionSir FabuloussarukunRainfallKetarFlarneSkeithHacksawlonelyahavaNijaThe Hanged ManVeldrinKadithchrishallett83SorceMadEddy
    We met during Humanimals '09

UrielOmnipotentBagelMr FuzzbuttSporkAndrew
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Are you saying that this whole thing is a clumsy attempt to casually gain information from our Tynic?

Are you saying that this a

Peruse?

shake%20fist_1.jpg?itok=BUSEOsJ0

OpposingFarcechromdomSassoriSnicketysnickXaquinNeoTomaHacksawNijaVeldrinTamchrishallett83ShenGnome-Interruptus
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Alright, I asked that HEMA instructor how long into autumn they stay outdoors.

I still wanna maybe go out there and check it out once before winter since I haven't made the time yet. It'd be nice to try something like that still. Also around springtime I might see about getting more into it.

• sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    Salsa workshop is paid for. Now to book a room.

Long weekend, Monday off.

HARRY AP, OCTOBAR

That Dave FellaAngelinaDouglasDangertzeentchlingBlameless Clericlonelyahavapooka
  • MeeqeMeeqe Lord of the pants most fancy Someplace amazingRegistered User regular
    Get your swordfight on! Who doesn't love a dashing duelist dedicated dearly to dealing dastardly death! That and it is a ton of fun.

I like children. Provided they go home with their parents at the end of the day.
    UrielNeoToma
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular
    I don't recall who was was wishing there was a place where it was appropriate to talk to strangers that isn't a bar.

Maybe it was @Creagan ... Or @OmnipotentBagel ?

Anyhow I was at Bennihana today eating and there I was disappointed that it ended up being just us at the table. You see for hibachi they seat you right next to strangers, and you usually end up talking to them. It is pretty fun.

It made the lightbulb go on that restaurants like this, where they seat you right next to strangers, are one of those places. Another fun one I have been to was Cafe Montage in Portland. Or the Surly Brewery here in Minneapolis, which serves food, they seat you at these huge picnic tables with everyone else.

Another place where I see this is the Fantasy Flight game center, where they serve food and drinks and have boardgames that can be borrowed. People meet and talk to strangers there and it isn't weird at all.

So, there definitely are great places for this.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
    Creagan
  • chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I don't recall who was was wishing there was a place where it was appropriate to talk to strangers that isn't a bar.

Anyhow I was at Bennihana today eating and there I was disappointed that it ended up being just us at the table. You see for hibachi they seat you right next to strangers, and you usually end up talking to them. It is pretty fun.

It made the lightbulb go on that restaurants like this, where they seat you right next to strangers, are one of those places. Another fun one I have been to was Cafe Montage in Portland. Or the Surly Brewery here in Minneapolis, which serves food, they seat you at these huge picnic tables with everyone else.

Another place where I see this is the Fantasy Flight game center, where they serve food and drinks and have boardgames that can be borrowed. People meet and talk to strangers there and it isn't weird at all.

I was at Montage last weekend, and they definitely didn't do that. I don't know if things have changed since you were in (it was my first time), or if we got there at a weird time, but it was set up for normal 'Table for two' restaurant seating.
    Still a go idea, just make sure you're going to a place that does it.

New out of context sig?
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular
    I was there... 4 years ago. They did have individual seats but everyone was sat at a long table, not in individual parties.perhaps they changed it?

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Pretty sure that was me. That does sound cool.

Problem is, those kinds of places aren't super common the way bars are. And they tend to either be super-small town exclusive things, or you find them in bigger cities with a more diverse population. AKA, not where I live.

Being here is making me realize just how different Chicago & the surrounding area is from the rest of the Midwest. And also why people HATE the Midwest so much.

I was very confused until I read what a hibachi is in American usage

A friend of mine, for some reason, thought it was a good idea to take me to an American-style hibachi and go partying with a group of Mexians after I arrived in Shanghai, completely jetlagged

That was also the first time I actually tried to eat food with chopsticks, I think I ate very little

And then things went completely south

That was the club adventure where, on the next day, my friend got angry at me that I didn't physically restrain him from having sex with a Mexican lady

And I was sooo tired and wanted to take a cab to where I was staying, but he was adamant I would get robbed and murdered if I got into a cab by myself

He was very drunk and I could've probably also banged someone but who cares

tynic
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    He sounds great.

KwoaruCreaganHacksawDouglasDangertynicSassorisarukunXaquinchrishallett83SorceGnome-InterruptusMadEddy
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I was very confused until I read what a hibachi is in American usage

A friend of mine, for some reason, thought it was a good idea to take me to an American-style hibachi and go partying with a group of Mexians after I arrived in Shanghai, completely jetlagged

That was also the first time I actually tried to eat food with chopsticks, I think I ate very little

And then things went completely south

Nice

Peas on
    tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    The Mexicans also got very drunk that evening and they said that our nation had stolen their most important artifact and this created some sort of special bond (I'm not making this up)

tynic
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The Mexicans also got very drunk that evening and they said that our nation had stolen their most important artifact and this created some sort of special bond (I'm not making this up)

I mean, if they REALLY want Texas back that much, as far as I'm concerned they can have it.

tynicsarukunMagic PinkSorce
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What does hibachi mean in other places

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

it was a leg!

a wood one, though

• AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What does hibachi mean in other places

Fire bowl.

Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    What you guys call Hibachi is what we call Teppanyaki back home.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Veldrinlonelyahavachrishallett83
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    But a hibachi uses charcoal.

• chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we called hibachi a little Japanese bar be que. Teppanyaki, so far as I knew, is the flat iron griddle like at Benihana

New out of context sig?
    sarukunSkeithAuralynx
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, in the US, at least in Pennsylvania, hibachi is one of the big flat iron grill, and the goofball chefs do funny stuff like make onion volcanoes and try to get customers drunk on sake and get you to catch food in your mouth.

I slept so much better last night. I got approved for the loan and got a car, which is s huge weight off my shoulders.

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    godmodeJuggernuttzeentchlingGnome-InterruptuschromdomSkeithlonelyahava
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Was there much networking going on at the robotics conference?

FYYss9j.png
    Xaquinsarukun
    edited October 2016
    homer_angry2.png

Magic Pink on
    tynicAuralynxKwoaruMr Fuzzbuttchrishallett83Gnome-InterruptuschromdomNeoTomaSkeithASimPerson
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular

ngbbs514e60e510c05.jpg

m14vkfc0q450.png

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    edited October 2016
    Ha!

yes, that website is rated incorrectly. i'll cut it anyway tho I don't want folks in trouble

Magic Pink on
    Ha!

yes, that website is rated incorrectly. i'll cut it anyway tho I don't want folks in trouble

Oh, it's fine, I won't get in any trouble--I just thought it was funny.

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    chromdom wrote: »
    Yeah, we called hibachi a little Japanese bar be que. Teppanyaki, so far as I knew, is the flat iron griddle like at Benihana

My family has always used a real hibachi but we just call it a grill. Lodge makes good ones!

OSvv7zs.png

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh great and now a message from an ex. Apparently this is just my week for being hounded by Spanish-speaking men I have no desire to talk to.

KwoaruSassoriCello
This discussion has been closed.