Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

11112131416

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy will wait until it seems like the second voice has gone before making a move.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Addendum: Danny would have caught sight of the men in the shadows. Pale auras.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Think we might be able to talk this one out?

    Last time we shot first and asked questions later.

    Boozer
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I'm prepping a distraction, but if you want to talk, we'll prioritize that.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Welp.

    This is gonna go great

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Boozer
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Before I act in any way here, want to check on the timing of the two guys popping out.

    Would Alex have driven away, or did they pop out so quickly that he wouldn't have had time to leave yet?

    Also, with either choice, Deke is probably a better first option to try and talk since he'd be closer, and Alex would be with the car and take time to get out and over.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    They waited for him to leave, but I doubt he got far before they showed up.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    This is certainly an interesting spot. What would the roll be to see if I recognize these two (or at least their clothes/build), assuming there is a roll?
    Do the clothes and physical build match the two nondescript figures Calebros handed the yellow typewritten letters to in Elysium, and then left right before we spoke to Emmet?
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "Very well, contact me once anything develops. ...and for the sake of your coterie, I hope your darling debutante comes along quietly."
    By the time the meeting is over, most of the Elysium attendees are already focused on their own affairs and social circles, apart from the recent Neonates awaiting acknowledgement who seem like fish out of water. Calebros is sorting through a handful of yellowed typewritten letters, which are then distributed to two nondescript figures that then seem to disappear from sight. Soon it appears to just be him and Emmett, who approaches the Scourge-elect and Deke with a grin that seems almost drunken. "So I hear you sons-of-bitches are actually taking the fight to a Nictspawn. Shit, and I thought the Malks were nuts."


    Forgive the tl;dr hypothesising below, this is a tangled knot.

    If I'm right and these are the two Calebros gave papers to, we have to assume they are doing his bidding. It's possible they are working alone, or for Emmett, but them being loyal to Calebros makes the most sense.
    Why would Calebros order this attack? I guess, like Emmett said, they think being in power will give them the best chance to defeat the Nictiku. Calebros probably also thinks my offer to help is bullshit or inconsequential, and wants the ammo for himself. While we are polite we're still following Julia for the most part.
    Regarding Sybil, the Rats mentioned that not many are happy with Julia, it sounds like Sybil is one of them. How she thinks the Rats fucked up is interesting but hard to decipher. Was is it trying to bring us in and failing, not killing us? Revealing themselves?
    I'm starting to think Julia's assumption that the Rats are the ones who grabbed Kenneth makes sense, maybe that's how they fucked up.

    Anyway back to the current situation. I'm trying to avoid a fight because my assumption is that the shotgun is loaded with incendiary ammo now. I want that ammo, but I want to die less. However, letting the Rats have it would be bad, especially if it seems likely we'll be the targets of the shells in the (very) near future.

    We might be able to take them, assuming it's just the two of them, but that's a big assumption. They could either be powerful, have backup, or again be acting alone. If they knew about they ammo, I assume they know about how many to expect. Either they don't care or think we won't fight. Which is not a bad assumption since we've only actually fought humans/ghouls up to this point.

    My initial thinking was to try and intimidate these two, but given that they probably have Calebros' backing that won't work. Instead maybe we try the "he we're all on the same side against the Nictuku" approach, more friendly, we can share, etc. At least until they take the shotgun off of us. Remind them that we're the closest thing their clan has to allies in the court, and that we wanted these weapons to help them fight the Nictuku. I'm tempted to also say that by killing a valued contact they now owe Deke a favor, but that maybe pushing it. Still bringing it up may reinforce the idea that we can handle this in a civilized fashion.


    My goals are:
    1) Get shotgun rat to relax and lower the shotgun. Convince them we don't want to fight. "Relax, it's just a misunderstanding. It's a shame about the contact but mistakes happoen, hope you enjoyed the meal, hahaha" etc
    2) We assume this was on Calebro's orders and say as much, let them refuse it.
    3) We get them to agree to give up or (more likely) split the ammo. "We need it to help fight the Nictuku, no harm no foul, no hard feelings. We could've gotten more but now our contact is dead." etc)
    4) Figure out if it's just the two of them. Go go Auspex powers
    If it is (or not too many more), once they lower the stotgun we stake them or stab them into torpor and let Julia know.
    If we are handily outnumbered/powered, we stick to the agreement and try and get out alive, try to get some ammo in a split, and let Julia know.

    Let me know if that makes sense or I'm off base. This is complicated so opinions welcome. Once we figure out the way we want to proceed we can let Deke sweet talk them.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just as a note before we start, I just want to come out and say I'm not super attached to staying on Julia's side. Everything I've seen so far makes me either distrust her, or think she might just be a little terrible at being in charge.

    That said, I think for the moment we focus on acting in our own self interests. Play this out as it comes, expect to compromise, and if the compromise becomes huge (like switching teams), take some time and figure out what we want to do. In the end, I think we have to all want to stay alive, and after that, it's complicated....

    Alex will be finding a way to swing back around, but based on his original plan, he likely wouldn't come right back to the same spot. So, either he's taking position in a place where he can see the group via the rifle (which means also being able to shoot via it, but not until something bad happens) or, he's going to have to sneak back around.

    Either way, I think the group needs to assume he's not going to be much help, so I double-stress trying to talk our way out of this one, and I'm fine whatever that end result is (even if it means we get no ammo, and have to regroup after all this).

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    It's easy to determine that they're the same two nondescript men from Elysium.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny is mostly focused on self-preservation. He doesn't think any of the leadership are particularly clean in this current confluence of events, but we should take care not to conflate lesser 'crimes' with the lesser 'evil.'
    All the same, none of us are Tremere, none of us are Nosferatu. It may be time to go third party, looking initially to our own clans but primarily to whoever is playing these two against each other or who is in a position to best take advantage of the conflict.
    With regards to the immediate threat, talking has the most beneficial outcome obviously. If it comes down to fight or flight, Danny's happy to go with either. A well placed SUV might slow them down a little and offer an immediate exit strategy. Alternatively, I might be able to jump them from behind, fail to shoot them or threaten to shoot them.
    I hope our previous perception rolls would have revealed if there were more than two close by. No guarantees though.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy smells blood in the water and is going to use it to her advantage. She wants to be able to do as she wants and be truly independent from Vampire Society so she can live her life her way without a Prince being able to call Blood Hunts on her just because they got pissy at her, so she's going to make this shit work for her. She helps the next party take the throne, they give her freedom to operate in the city without anyone bothering her, as long as she holds to the Masquerade, of course. Last rebellion, she fought because it was what others wanted her to do, this time, she's fighting for her own reasons. She just have to figure out who the players are...

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke's opening gambit -- which is to say giving himself a moment to process -- is of course to start talking.

    But he is being truthful, since they have killed a cop. That's probably still a final death kind of crime even if the city is under siege.

    As far as where Deke's mind is politically, he sees Julia's hold as particularly weak; she has a Toreador Seneschal, after all, which speaks to a lack of faith from the Clans who tend to be stronger fighters. He sees Emmett as someone who can fix problems, and Calebros as someone who can see problems coming. That's a strong footing for any city's Prince and the Nosferatu need pretty faces to hide behind, which leaves the Toreador -- again, martially weak -- in play. Kenneth might even stay Seneschal.

    With the immediate threat, Deke will see those two men dead. Regardless of who they're working for and for what reasons, they're interfering with his business. He's open to the when and how, but will see them buried.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Lizzy sees Julia's reign as weak, and even sees her just like the Prince she stood up against in Seattle, someone who took power but doesn't have the strength to hold it. The fact that she trusts Sybil so much to give her higher and higher positions and yet not see that it's Sybil betraying her is just another sign.

    But... The Nosferatu had the city once and just left it so that Julia could take the throne. To Lizzy, that's showing how little the Nosferatu care for the city, that they would abandon it so carelessly. Lizzy would rather see a third party take the throne, Lizzy is waiting to see who the players are before picking her side but she sort of likes Sybil's bad girl rebelliousness, although that doesn't mean she's prepared or good for the throne.

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Politically Bulldog isn't attached to Julia either, his first priority is self preservation and close second is keeping the Crew safe. Not only are we all in the same boat, but Bulldog is homesick for even the barest hint of a family. He respects Deke's previous opinion that the best move politically was sticking with Julia for now (when he made that politics roll a while back) so he's sticking with her until that proves untenable or the Crew tells him otherwise. She seems short tempered and lacking in support, since this young Crew are getting all these suicide missions.

    Despite the danger of this new life under Julia's rule, he is enjoying being "in the action" and the fact that he's being given permission to break some legs as Scourge plays into his ego as well. But if we ever do find out the Nosferatu were right and the Nictuku are here thanks to Julia all that would go out the window. Bringing ancients to the City so you can make a power play is just fucking dumb. The fact that the Nosferatu leadership treated him with respect plays well with him as too, and the Rats seemed to run the city well in the past. But as Grunt's said, the fact that they bounced when shit got hot is a big issue.

    --

    As for what to do now I think we all agree that talking first makes the most sense, we are split on what to do if things go poorly.
    But I guess we can cross that bridge once we get to it. I'm going to assume they are working on Calebros' orders and it's just the two of them.

    We'll worry about getting them talk/lower the shotgun first. I'll let Ardent do it unless he wants to say something else or let me handle it.

    Ideas:
    1) Get shotgun rat to relax, lower the shotgun, and talk.
    - Convince them we don't want to fight. "Relax, it's just a misunderstanding. It's a shame about the contact but mistakes happoen, hope you enjoyed the meal, hahaha" etc
    - If Bulldog has to do this it might work better trying to intimidate them out of fighting

    2) We assume this was on Calebro's orders and say as much, let them refuse it.
    - Not sure if this even matters, but simple enough to include. We know it was the same two men he gave papers to, but confirming if this was his idea could be useful?

    3) We get them to agree to give up or (more likely) split the ammo. "We need it to help fight the Nictuku, no harm no foul, no hard feelings. We could've gotten more but now our contact is dead." etc)
    - I'd be ok with splitting this, but giving them all of it is a sticking point, to me anyway
    - I'm tempted to also say that by killing a valued contact they now owe Deke a favor, but that maybe pushing it.

    4) If we are assume there are no more of them, what do you guys want to do if we get an opportunity?
    - My vote here is to torpor these guys, get permission before killing them. I have a tough time thinking switching sides is still on the table right now, but I could be wrong.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Can you use background status as Scourge in rolls (I assume instead of a discipline), would that be status 1 or 2? Maybe not if they don't recognize Julias authority.

    Also could you give us the defense of these guys, just curious if staking would even be feasible.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Only if they respect your status, and outside of Elysium, that's not likely.

    The one with the gun has a defense of 2, the one approaching has a defense of 4.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 22
    Let me know what you guys want to do. They'll let us go, they are acting alone, it seems out of desperation.

    We can leave, we can fight, not sure what we can say to make a difference, other ideas are open too.

    My vote is to fight, I would try and stake the shotgun holder.

    With a stake I would have 9 melee dice (str 5 melee 3 stake 1) +2 automatic from potence.
    Trying to stake someone is -4 dice ans another -2 from defense. With my two automatic successes I just need 1 success out of three dice to stake him. With celerity I get two tries in one round. Which I think is about 65% chance.

    Depending on his gunskill it could be a painful shotgun blast but I'm wearing kevlar. So risky but we would win, though I probably eat some agg damage.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So, I'm kind of holding Alex from acting just because I think everything will likely be resolved. Y the time he does anything.

    That said, He'd try to press more. One of the two seems semi-reasonable at the moment, so maybe see what else he might share.

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    edited March 22
    Geth, roll 4d10o10h7 for Awe

    That's both of them under Deke's sway, unless they blow Willpower.

    (And this may still come to a fight, but Awe will sap their Willpower quickly.)

    Awe:
    4d10o10h7 2 [4d10o10h7=7, 9, 3, 1]

    Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I neglected to ask: where is Lizzy going? Presuming Danny hasn't filled her in by now.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    We can say Danny sent Lizzy an update, don't know if she could possibly get here in time to make a difference.

    If he can make the stealth check, Danny could put the revolver to the back of one of their heads. Or he could shoot wildly in the air. Hesitant to shoot at them since he sucks at guns and there would be allies in the line of fire.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Most likely her office until she gets word otherwise or Sybil gets some time off.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Yeah, you're right Austin, I was about to press for a big favor for Deke and 1/2 the ammo, but we'll see what happens with the Awe stuff.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Awe's fairly basic in execution and sweeping in outcome. To quote: "Those near the vampire suddenly desire to be closer to her and become receptive to her point of view." "The weak want to agree with her; even if the strong-willed resist, they soon find themselves outnumbered. Awe can turn a chancy deliberation into a certain resolution in the vampire’s favor almost before her opponents know that the tide has turned."

    But importantly (for our Storyteller): "Despite the intensity of this attraction, those so smitten do not lose their sense of self-preservation. Danger breaks the spell of fascination, as does leaving the area. Those subject to Awe will remember how they felt in the vampire’s presence, however. This will influence their reactions should they ever encounter her again."

    i.e. the infamous "They'll remember that." They'll probably be pissed, but if Alex is there to witness the agreement, they'll have to acknowledge it. If they don't want to risk lost status, they'll have to deliver.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited March 23
    It also depends on the flavor of Awe, what emotion the character wants to instill, like Intimidating, Seductive, etc. '

    @Grunt's Ghosts It will be at least an hour in-game before Sybil is available, most likely to be played out after the current event as it'll occur afterward, otherwise the office is empty.

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    That's fine. I'll be busy this weekend so the break from playing will do me good.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10+4 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d10+4 13 [1d10=9]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Bah, so close. We should focus on Rodrick unless Colin decides he has to back him up.

    Geth roll 1d10+3+3 for Initiative (Dex + Wits)
    Thats from V20, requiem uses dex plus composure.

    Edit: fyi - It looks like for Awe you need to make a willpower roll to resist presence/majesty for one scene (V20) or turn (requiem for equal or higher gen vamps, scene for lower gen vamps)

    From V20:
    Anyone can resist Presence for one scene by spending a Willpower point and succeeding on a Willpower roll (difficulty 8), but the affected individual must keep spending points until he is no longer in the presence of the vampire (or, in the case of Summon, until the effect wears off). Vampires three or more Generations lower than the wielder need only spend a single Will- power to ignore the Presence for an entire night and need not roll Willpower to do so.

    A willpower roll uses the character permanent trait.

    I'll include requiem as well for comparison:
    Any mortal can resist Majesty for one turn if a Willpower point is spent and a successful Composure roll is made (though the Willpower point does not add three dice to the roll). This roll is reflexive. If the roll fails, the Will- power point is lost and the target remains under the effects of the power(s). If the roll is successful, the mortal prob- ably spends his turn of “freedom” fleeing the vampire’s prox- imity, lest he continue to be affected. Refusing to pay at- tention to the vampire, rather than fleeing, can allow a mortal to resist the spell for a turn, but the power resumes effect if the mortal remains in the Kindred’s vicinity. Vam- pires resist Majesty in much the same way (by spending a Willpower point), but Blood Potency is added to Compo- sure rolls made for them. In addition, vampires of higher Blood Potency than the character invoking Majesty are able to resist his power for the entire scene with the expendi- ture of one Willpower point and a successful Composure + Blood Potency roll.

    Initiative (Dex + Wits):
    1d10+3+3 16 [1d10=10]

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10+2+2+1 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d10+2+2+1 7 [1d10=2]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10+6 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d10+6 12 [1d10=6]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I think we can say that Alex will arrive around the start of turn 2, but @AustinP0027 can make his roll now if he likes.

    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Colin's Initiative.

    Colin's Initiative:
    1d10+5 10 [1d10=5]

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited March 26
    Order of Actions:

    Bobby - 16
    Danny -14
    Max - 12
    Alex - 10
    Colin - 10
    Rodrick - 7
    Deke - 7

    Geth, roll 5d10 for Rodrick's Willpower to resist Awe(turn 1).
    (My mistake, I thought it was expending a willpower for an automatic success per turn.)

    Rodrick's Willpower to resist Awe(turn 1):
    5d10 37 [5d10=10, 7, 8, 6, 6]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Two questions:
    - will he be spending a willpower every turn to resist?
    - How many actions in combat would it take to drive the cops car away?

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    -If necessary, though being attacked by the user of Presence negates its hold.
    -Around three.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    I think it's actually "danger" in general with the V20 update.

    But he'd have burnt at least two willpower on the way in, because it's two "scenes."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think that's true with the original as well. I just recall it being specific to the user.

    It's unlikely his willpower will hold out that long, but it's not clear he's out to kill, either. For all your characters know, he's just pissed.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Ok, keep up the Presence Deke, don't attack. Our best chance is to drain their willpower so they give up

    I'm spending blood for potence and celerity. I'm going to move in front of Deke and grapple Rodrick when he gets to us before he attacks one of us. I'm assuming the move doesn't waste my first action.

    Here are the requiem grapple rules summary. If you want details on any of the maneuvers (like damage or immobilize opponent let me know).

    Not sure if we want to use V20s potence automatic strength successes for this, (Vigor doesn't do that) could make things odd, especially if we both have potence.

    Grappling Summary
    • Roll Strength + Brawl - opponent’s De- fense for attacker to get a grip on target.
    • Target’s next action can be dedicated to breaking free. Roll Strength + Brawl - attacker’s Strength. Any successes indicate breaking free.
    Or, the target can attempt to apply an overpowering maneuver to the attacker, partici- pating in the grapple rather than trying to break
    free. Roll Strength + Brawl - attacker’s Strength. Any successes allow for a maneuver (see below). • If the attacker’s grip on the target per- sists, and he is free to do so, the attacker can try to apply an overpowering maneuver to the vic- tim. Roll the attacker’s Strength + Brawl - opponent’s Strength. Any successes allow a ma-
    neuver (see below).
    • Possible maneuvers. Choose one: Render opponent prone
    Damage opponent
    Immobilize opponent
    Draw weapon
    Attack with drawn weapon
    Turn a drawn weapon
    Disarm opponent
    Use opponent as protection from ranged attacks
    Attempting to break free is always an op-
    tion instead of performing an overpowering ma- neuver.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I think NWoD's rules might make it easiest, since Rodrick and Bobby both have potence. If Bobby's close to Deke, he can do it as his first action. (Rodrick's defense is 4.)

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    I assumed I was close to Deke, just took a few sidesteps away when we were talking.

    Ok that works, so no automatic successes, just the extra die pool. Should I roll for the grapple now or wait until he gets close? I was going to wait until he got to us to avoid spending an action going up to him.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
Sign In or Register to comment.