Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

1141516171820»

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just to recap where people are, everyone but Deke is in the van right?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Just to recap where people are, everyone but Deke is in the van right?

Seems that way.

wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Deke needs to be picked up, probably. Maybe. Or he can disentangle, I suppose.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    So I guess we're at the point where we need to decide what we want. I don't know how soon we'll have some in character downtime to discuss that, so if anyone actually does know what they want, now would probably be a good time to say it. I know that Julia (at least temporarily) offered a couple of people positions of power/influence, and it's been my impression that one or two of us would just prefer to be left out of politics altogether.
    Personally, I don't think either party has done enough to prove that they deserve to be in charge and I don't think Danny would really object to someone just outright telling them to fuck off - except insofar as it affects his odds of survival.
    If no one else says anything, Danny will, but I have no idea what that's going to be right now.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Is it wrong that my first reaction is, play both sides to see who is better?

Meaning, we haven't really done or agreed to anything yet that says we're fully backing one side. Yes, Bulldog and Alex accepted some positions, but I think it's possible to fulfill those duties regardless (at least, so far).

I do envision there will be a point in the future where it all comes to a head and we'll have to actually decide, but I'm wondering if we're there yet. We want to get Kenneth back (I would assume the Toreadors more-so). I feel like we should engage Emmett further to see what he wants us to do, and the decide after if we're actually willing to do it. Part of that conversation would hopefully be about how Kenneth returns back safely.

I'm not going to pretend it'll work out that easily, I just don't see the group in a position just yet where they'd officially throw their lot in with one side or the other.

Boozer
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy wants to burn both on a stake so...

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we can assist without burning bridges, I think.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I agree that we want to get Kenneth back in one piece. We may not have to commit to a side right now, but I do think trying to stay "flexible" is getting tougher and tougher.

One other issue is how likely this vehicle is being bugged/tracked by Julia, either with magic or spytech. So this might be a dangerous conversation already.

My feeling is that if Bulldog had any proof that Julia was actually behind drawing the hell beast ancestors here, as the Nos assume, he would side with the Nos against her.

If we agree with the assumptions that the hellbeasts are a dire threat to the City and those within it, and that the Nos are best equiped to fight them, and we know we just armed the Nos with incendiary ammo, then I'm also inclined to side with them for self preservation. Especially if we can negotiate some benefit for ourselves in terms of status, etc.

I'd like to confirm if Emmett is acting on Calebros' behalf, and what other allies he or what his plans are. Would help determine the odds.

So overall I would say I'm leaning Nos, but I'm ok playing it cool for now and focusing on getting Kenneth alive and learning more about what they want.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Aplogies for being a bit mia, house hunting
    is a full time job.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    cj iwakura
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    good luck

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
    AustinP0027Boozercj iwakura