The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

11516171820

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just to recap where people are, everyone but Deke is in the van right?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Just to recap where people are, everyone but Deke is in the van right?

    Seems that way.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Yeah, Deke needs to be picked up, probably. Maybe. Or he can disentangle, I suppose.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    So I guess we're at the point where we need to decide what we want. I don't know how soon we'll have some in character downtime to discuss that, so if anyone actually does know what they want, now would probably be a good time to say it. I know that Julia (at least temporarily) offered a couple of people positions of power/influence, and it's been my impression that one or two of us would just prefer to be left out of politics altogether.
    Personally, I don't think either party has done enough to prove that they deserve to be in charge and I don't think Danny would really object to someone just outright telling them to fuck off - except insofar as it affects his odds of survival.
    If no one else says anything, Danny will, but I have no idea what that's going to be right now.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Is it wrong that my first reaction is, play both sides to see who is better?

    Meaning, we haven't really done or agreed to anything yet that says we're fully backing one side. Yes, Bulldog and Alex accepted some positions, but I think it's possible to fulfill those duties regardless (at least, so far).

    I do envision there will be a point in the future where it all comes to a head and we'll have to actually decide, but I'm wondering if we're there yet. We want to get Kenneth back (I would assume the Toreadors more-so). I feel like we should engage Emmett further to see what he wants us to do, and the decide after if we're actually willing to do it. Part of that conversation would hopefully be about how Kenneth returns back safely.

    I'm not going to pretend it'll work out that easily, I just don't see the group in a position just yet where they'd officially throw their lot in with one side or the other.

    Boozer
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lizzy wants to burn both on a stake so...

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we can assist without burning bridges, I think.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I agree that we want to get Kenneth back in one piece. We may not have to commit to a side right now, but I do think trying to stay "flexible" is getting tougher and tougher.

    One other issue is how likely this vehicle is being bugged/tracked by Julia, either with magic or spytech. So this might be a dangerous conversation already.

    My feeling is that if Bulldog had any proof that Julia was actually behind drawing the hell beast ancestors here, as the Nos assume, he would side with the Nos against her.

    If we agree with the assumptions that the hellbeasts are a dire threat to the City and those within it, and that the Nos are best equiped to fight them, and we know we just armed the Nos with incendiary ammo, then I'm also inclined to side with them for self preservation. Especially if we can negotiate some benefit for ourselves in terms of status, etc.

    I'd like to confirm if Emmett is acting on Calebros' behalf, and what other allies he or what his plans are. Would help determine the odds.

    So overall I would say I'm leaning Nos, but I'm ok playing it cool for now and focusing on getting Kenneth alive and learning more about what they want.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Aplogies for being a bit mia, house hunting
    is a full time job.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    cj iwakura
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    good luck

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    AustinP0027Boozercj iwakura
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    How specifically are they handling Kenneth as they leave the station? Also, I assume that Bobby took what Emmett offered him?

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
    Boozer
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I expect it's the standard 'drunk friend' if he's capable of moving his feet. Otherwise we can go with the 'Weekend at Bernie's' if necessary.

    AustinP0027Boozercj iwakura
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I feel like we don't have much night left. I mean, tonight alone we've met the Prince/got a band together, tried to get Lizzy to join the Scooby Crew, met with police for incinerator rounds/dealt with Sheriff, had secret meeting/dealt with thugs, traded rounds, drove to Museum, and now got Ken from the Nos. Like, super busy night.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    My estimation is it would be around 4-4:30 AM.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was thinking about maybe going to a Anarch bar but that will have to wait until later.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    They can likely make one more stop before having to find a haven. Also, Deke has a parcel to receive.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Polling the group, are we stopping? Or are we just heading to find a haven?

    We're kind of walking down this decision in the IC thread, but wanted to also discuss here to get opinions.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I say we drop off Ken and head home. Then see what new hell tomorrow brings.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'd like it if we could at least make sure that he knows that starting a intraclan war right now would be a terrible idea, but yeah, we need to get him to RCMH ASAP

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    MaclayBoozer
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    How can we figure out how to snap him out of it?

    I mean, if he's not snapping out of it tonight, what do we do? Put a post it note on his head that just says "It was aliens, don't start shit."?

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Well, it could take a few days and the Sheriff has already seen us so there is no way we can hold him until he comes too. We are just going to have to hope that he understands this or doesn't remember.

    Boozer
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Parcel can wait, probably.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The problem is that the Sheriff knows we have him, so we don't really have the leeway anymore.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Boozer
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Good points. We probably don't have a choice at this point other than taking him back and hoping for the best.

    That said, I'm pretty sick and tired of everyone seeming to know where we are at all times. Can we take the next day just to try and figure out how the hell they are doing it?

    Boozer
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Parcel can wait, probably.

    The one that Bobby has, that is.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Good points. We probably don't have a choice at this point other than taking him back and hoping for the best.

    That said, I'm pretty sick and tired of everyone seeming to know where we are at all times. Can we take the next day just to try and figure out how the hell they are doing it?
    Max is our spy expert, although we have a lot of Auspex to throw around.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I think that the positions we have been given by the Primce come with certain... 'benefits'

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    So the consensus is: return to Elysium then go to ground. Are they going to the Opticon or their own havens?

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I was thinking Lizzy would go to her own.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny would definitely want to go to his own place if it was remotely feasible.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh my own haven

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So lets gather consensus here.

    Dropping Kenneth off (and seeing him in obviously) and then all heading our own ways for the night?

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Sorry, mia again. while I would've preferred to stick with Kenneth until he came to and he could learn what he knows, the constant surveillance we've been saddled with makes that impossible. So I agree that we should drop him off. I have a feeling though that we'll be questioned when we get there by Julia. So do we have a story or what went down?

    Seems like the Sheriff already knew it was the Nos that had Kenneth, so from what I've seen that is all the confirmation Julia will need to start the interclan war. Not to mention whatever Kenneth says when he comes to his senses. Also do we have anything plausible to say to her when she asks how we got him besides "we asked nicely"?

    My preference would be to stick together seeing how close this feels to getting violent. But if everyone else want to split up that fine. I would love to ditch the SUV since I suspect it's at least one of the vectors for the constant tracking.

    How much time would it take to hit up a junkyard for a replacement door for my doorless van? Might have to wait until the next night.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Unless Bobby sleeps at the junkyard or somewhere nearby, not happening tonight.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming that, failing no one having further Elysium business, the coterie's done for the evening.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I was actually coming to ask the same, since I'm kind of stuck not really having something to post other than "follows along"

    Assuming we "turn him in", any reason we'd be held by by Julia or someone else? Or would we be able to leave and we'd have any conversation they wanted the next night?

    I'm generally good to just call it a night.

    MaclayBoozer
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    They'll have some explaining to do eventually, but they're good for tonight.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Eight XP can be allocated prior to the next evening's start. I don't think anyone should be blood starved, but if you plan on doing feeding or using influence, let me know.


    @Grunt's Ghosts
    If at all possible, detail exactly what was said in that letter.

    @Ardent
    For all intents and purposes, your police influence/contact has been restored thanks to Emmett's 'donation'. (I don't suppose anyone cares about the fangs that were included.)


    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    I doubt anyone cares about the fangs, but Deke will probably store them somewhere.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    If anyone has any downtime activities, let me know before the next evening starts(likely tomorrow). The streets are a mess, both figuratively and literally, so feeding without influence may prove difficult.

    If no one investigates the fangs before they turn in for the day, they will be ash by the next evening.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
Sign In or Register to comment.