As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Can someone help me remember how feeding/blood pools work?

Are we losing from our blood pool each night? I thought at one point we rerolled the pool at the start of the night possibly but I'm not sure if it's only power use that drains it or if it's something that needs to be replenished every few nights (and my rulebook pdf is on my computer at home)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I believe we lose one blood point a night, but I think a bunch of people hunted night before last. Not sure, though

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Some abilities use blood as well, namely augments like Potence and Celerity. Otherwise, yes, one per day.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Going to burn my stored XP to bump Celerity to 2 after much debate. As Deke doesn't currently have any dots in Intimidate bumping Presence doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also I suppose with some time off Deke would examine the fangs from Emmett's box. Would he have a chance to know what it means without a Sire who is talking to him?

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Depending on what he does, maybe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Probably better to just ask before making a roll that doesn't make sense.

Does feeding have to be dex and stealth? Or can you get someone separated to feed as long as it's not something they could easily prove was a vamp (e.g. too drunk to remember, etc...) as to not break the masquerade?

• Options
    You can definitely use a social approach if preferable, but it carries its own risks.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It's also permissible to borrow someone's Domain for your roll. Usually you need to ask, though, or it's a grave insult.

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I decided to go with Subterfuge 3 and Firearms 3, I figure I'll ask one of the crew for Auspex tips in the hopes of getting it eventually

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'll write something up tomorrow for Lizzy. RL is still brutal on me, atm.

• Options
    I'm going to assume based on Lizzy's background as a former Anarchy Rebel poster child that she knows or believes that Kenneth's press conference was actually a declaration of war.

• Options
    Can I just say....I feel like Ardent and I are playing different games.

I'm all "Vampire! Let's play! Oh no, bad guys!" while he's over there spouting lines that would come out of any novel with ease.

It's like I'm playing checkers and he's over there doing quantum physics.

Well done sir!

• Options
    I'm going to assume based on Lizzy's background as a former Anarchy Rebel poster child that she knows or believes that Kenneth's press conference was actually a declaration of war.

Pretty much anyone familiar with the city politics right now, or vampire politics in general, can probably figure that out.

Also, I'm going to improvise whatever was said in the letter, unless you have specifics.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Can I just say....I feel like Ardent and I are playing different games.

I'm all "Vampire! Let's play! Oh no, bad guys!" while he's over there spouting lines that would come out of any novel with ease.

It's like I'm playing checkers and he's over there doing quantum physics.

Well done sir!
    I have been known to write professionally, but thanks, it's always nice to be complimented.

• Options
    I'm going to assume he's not trying to intimidate the Prince as well.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Yeah none of this is news to her

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    I'm not sure if Deke's happy about how this turned out or not. It exposed Julia's weakness before the entire Court when she threatened a neophyte coterie (which is something no Primogen should stoop to, let alone the Prince), but with any luck that particular misstep can be covered for at least until there's some kind of other plan in place.

• Options
    Probably doesn't matter because the roll failed miserably, but for my roll I didn't use the friendly face success of 7 as I wasn't sure if that applied or not.

Also, more of a clarifying question, I see that my Etiquette has "acting" tagged, but I think that was actually supposed to be for the "expression" skill.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    By the way, Ghosts, was calling him bullshit on purpose or autocorrect?

• Options
    On purpose. She has no respect for Bulldog at all.

• Options
    Probably doesn't matter because the roll failed miserably, but for my roll I didn't use the friendly face success of 7 as I wasn't sure if that applied or not.

Also, more of a clarifying question, I see that my Etiquette has "acting" tagged, but I think that was actually supposed to be for the "expression" skill.

Probably an error, but it would go without saying. Though come to think of it, acting would also work for Etiquette...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, does there need a tag at all? I feel like the rule books contradicted each other in that one.

• Options
    Etiquette is using the rules of society against society. That's definitely what Deke was trying to do. I'm not sure if Alex wasn't trying to do the same.

• Options
    Yeah, I rolled etiquette (poorly)

Just when looking at my sheet, I stared for a while to figure out why it had a tag of acting, which prompted my comment above.

• Options
    All the successes feel like they'll add up to a practical mutiny.
    (I don't think she's being too out of line, but maybe I'm biased.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Unreasonable? No. Clumsy? Yes.

Everyone understands that you work to move your rivals off the board. But nobody respects sloppy gamesmanship.

• Options
    Question: Wasn't everyone's titles temporary until Kenneth's return?

• Options
    Not when the Prince needs an excuse to screw us

• Options
    Question: Wasn't everyone's titles temporary until Kenneth's return?

True, they haven't been rescinded yet though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts Wits+Investigation+Auspex.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I edit the original post. It's 0 success.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Part of me wants to spend Will to escape but part of me is like "Let's see what 0 success gives me to deal with."

I thought about it and I want to go with the 0.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Assuming no one has any further Elysium business, I imagine they would be going to Emmett's meeting place.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I suspect the conversation with Kenneth has run its course. At some point Max and Deke will need to figure out how they're going to secure their power base, but that seems far less pressing than a Nictuku.

• Options
    Yup. Plus, fighting the Nictuku will help with that

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    If we're skipping ahead, I guess Danny would have to be wherever Lizzy is, so the only question is whether we were able to convince Lizzy to come to the meeting.

• Options
    Since looking up all that information would have taken a while, Lizzy would still be at her office if Danny came looking for her.

• Options
    We should also establish the carpooling method, though I assume it's Alex on driving duties again.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hooray, I'm useful!

• Options
    We'll see when we have a high speed chase over the Brooklyn Bridge while a demonic hell beast is charging us.