The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

11718192022

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Well, yeah, now that you jixed me....

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    To be entirely fair, demonic hellbeast is an understatement.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    And to think, that's just their pets.

    I'm presuming the coterie are waiting outside Lizzy's office.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I'm guessing perception alertness?
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Awareness

    Awareness:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=2, 5, 2, 1, 9, 4]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    Yep, should have elaborated. Auspex will apply as well.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    I suppose the Roses would've moved along.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Well here's a couple more if they're useful:
    Geth roll 2d10o10h8 for Auspex

    Auspex:
    2d10o10h8 1 [2d10o10h8=[10, 1], 4]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    That's my assumption, since there didn't seem to be anymore discussion occurring.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Not sure Deke would be paying enough attention here to make a roll.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    This is something particular to Malkavians. Anyone outside the building will notice the man, but nothing particularly unusual.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It turns out someone left their Thriller CD going on loop.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Did the voice sound familiar to us?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    Did the voice sound familiar to us?

    To you, no. To Danny, yes.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    For lack of anyone else interacting, I suppose we just move forward again.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Probably. It wasn't really clear what the non-Malks were supposed to be doing in that scene.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Probably. It wasn't really clear what the non-Malks were supposed to be doing in that scene.

    I had thought they might intervene. Oh well.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    Unless anyone has any preparations to make, we can just cut to the proverbial chase.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Fine with me.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Sounds good.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    You bet.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sure

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So, going back to the last combat we had, dice were all over the place and we added extra because of rules interpretations made along the way.

    Looking back, I originally rolled 7 for Dex/Firearms/Celerity
    Then 4 were added because of the rifle
    then 1 was added for the laser site
    Also, rerolled was dropped to 9

    Can we confirm this is all the case still? If so, that'd have me rolling 12 dice against the reroll of 9.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    If Alex still has all that gear equipped, then go for it.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    crap, I typed it all out, but then didn't go back into my saved draft to fix the dice count.

    So here's that one die that I forgot.

    Geth, roll 1d10o9h8 for Forgot Laser Sight

    Forgot Laser Sight:
    1d10o9h8 0 [1d10o9h8=4]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Nice shots. That's hopefully a lot of rollover dice for you two.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Okay, with the weapon post in the IC thread, I'm not actually sure what I should be rolling

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I need to reroll if shotguns are +4 dice with 9s rerolls. I just rolled with Dex and 10 rerolls.

    Geth roll 7d10o9h8

    7d10o9h8 4 [7d10o9h8=5, 3, 8, 4, [9, 10, 8], 4, 3]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Ah hm.

    Geth roll 3d10o10h8 for SMG additional

    Brings the total to 3 for the SMG

    SMG additional:
    3d10o10h8 1 [3d10o10h8=1, [10, 5], 2]

    Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    @Boozer I see no reason to not allow Celerity usage for the turn, just a question if Bobby wants to spend the blood.

    Also, I don't have the Armory book, so I'm willing to take your word for it. Can't imagine the creature getting out of this turn alive, anyway... though we'll see.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I guess v20 combat has some meaningful differences here. If melee is the same as gun stuff I guess I need
    Geth roll 1d10o9h8 for A Knife
    and
    Geth roll 1d10o9h8 for That one 9 in the first roll

    Use or disregard anything I've rolled. No big deal.

    A Knife:
    1d10o9h8 0 [1d10o9h8=2]
    That one 9 in the first roll:
    1d10o9h8 0 [1d10o9h8=3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    26 health levels of damage. By my math, it is all kinds of dead.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    MarshmallowArdent
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    Guess we're going to assume everyone got into the van rather than kill off those who didn't respond. (I'm not that cruel.)

    @AustinP0027 , make a Drive+Dexterity roll please.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    The vehicle should be able to hold all six, though the prospect of them calling an Uber is morbidly amusing.
    (Yeesh, this thread's had five months in torpor.)

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    MaclayGrunt's Ghosts
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    If we eat the driver, would that be called "Delivery"?

    cj iwakura
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Strategist The 25th StarRegistered User regular
    I would imagine Deacon's haven would be their first choice, but that's up to @Ardent .

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    It's in midtown, well-secured, has entrances that can be used to avoid notice. But it's also kind of...obvious?

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Admittedly, it wouldn't exactly prove we aren't being tracked, but it also wouldn't make us look as suspicious if we are. If anyone can think of anything better (allies we could hunker down with?) I'll go along with whatever.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Like there's no way you can't figure out where they are if they go to the Opticon. It's not like Deke has thralled the entire staff or anything.

    Someone's private hideout would probably be a better choice, but I think we're time limited here?

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    It would be out of character for Danny to offer his own place (also somewhat distant and small), but I'll do so if nobody else does. It'd be unpredictable at least.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Whoops, was looking for the wrong thread for activity.

    I'm guessing the Opticon is probably where they'd have to go. Alex wouldn't volunteer for fear of no real safety (he isn't the over-prepared type), so I'm guessing they'd just land wherever they can hunker down with reasonable assurance they'll wake up the next night.

    We shouldn't be (in character) at the point where we're fearing a staking while we rest just yet (though, if we fail to actually uncover anything for a few more nights.....)

Sign In or Register to comment.