As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

13468923

Posts

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    If we go the research route I would (in theory) have access to a reasonably sized library. My mentor might be there for the talky types to deal with.

    At this point the rest of the team has a better idea of the situation than Danny does. Presumably someone shares the details once we get somewhere private. I'm getting the impression people would prefer to do that side of things out of character?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Taking the long way will also slightly bite into their available time. If that's the agreed consensus, they reach the van close to 3:30AM. Otherwise they can reach it half an hour sooner, though a Stealth + Wits roll will be required, contested.

    cj iwakura on
    cNd9yAa.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Taking the long way will also slightly bite into their available time. If that's the agreed consensus, they reach the van close to 3:30AM. Otherwise they can reach it half an hour sooner, though a Stealth + Wits roll will be required, contested.

    Ha hah!

    Seriously though, long way is fine. We can always start again tomorrow night.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, Lizzy will most likely spend the rest of her night doing work stuff. She's not the right person to be researching stuff anyhow. Plus, I think we need more info or we are just going to be picking every boogieman in the book and get nowhere.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I guess since we're going to be short on time, maybe a quick stop at Elysium then go our separate ways for the night? I'm going to look up the daytime requirements. Maybe Danny can crash at the library and spend a few extra hours looking through books and records and such.

    edit: Yeah, doesn't look like that'll work out.

    Maclay on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    With the long way, there's time to go to Elysium then back to your havens. Directly, there will be time for additional investigation.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So, split up after a brief reconvene?

    Long way, quick chat, those who can research go home, maybe Bulldog and Alex go to Elysium?

    Boozer
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    The night will effectively end for those who part ways before heading to Elysium, so feel free to detail what your investigative plans are, and I'll provide the results with the next update(which will also reflect the occurrences at Elysium).

    cNd9yAa.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Not sure how in depth you want us to get. My last IC pretty much sums up my intent. Go see Ana, ask her the pertinent questions if she's around, get home by dawn. If we don't end up meeting back up the next evening Danny would probably use that time to start looking through the library himself.
    I could try to come up with something more specific than that if you'd like?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Yes, that's fine. More for those that haven't said yet.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    My plan was something similar, honestly.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Please provide details on exactly how you plan on conducting your outside investigations, as applicable(on foot, over the phone, etc.).

    @Maclay
    I assume you contact Ana beforehand? She'll direct you to reach her at her haven or Elysium, whichever you find more convenient. Just don't bring trouble with you to the former.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I was going to head back to the brokerage before going back to my basement

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny had texted earlier, but yeah, he would presumably send a follow-up for when and where. Let's say her haven so that it doesn't conflict with what he already said in character, but the drop off point he gave the others was a block or two away from there because paranoia.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @AustinP0027 I'm going to assume you've mistaken the Sheriff for Sybil, otherwise he's making a potentially fatal mistake. Sybil's nowhere to be seen. The woman at the door is Sandra, the Sheriff.

    If it's an OOC mistake, you can reword the greeting. If it's an IC one, well... I can't be held liable for the aftermath.

    cj iwakura on
    cNd9yAa.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Hmmm...for some reason I thought they were one and the same based on her being at the door last time.

    Can I edit that or, mistake happens and he sputters many apologies?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    You can edit that, yes. Consider it a free point of Etiquette and/or Common Sense to not deliberately piss off the Sheriff. :P

    The one there now is the one who was guarding the Prince's meeting room before.

    cj iwakura on
    cNd9yAa.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Thanks. I'm going to go through the opening again, figure out how I mixed them up....

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    What would Lizzy have to do to set up a meeting with Sybil?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Since it's unlikely any of your contacts or your Fame will get you in touch with a Ventrue, you would have to ask around at the Elysium. It's also possible someone in the coterie can help.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ok, so I guess that means that Lizzy will got to Elysium the next night when she can and ask what she can do to get in touch with Sybil.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Apart from the lingering investigative threads, this will bring the first evening to a close. 7XP is allocated for each of you to apply how you like before the next night begins, likely after the weekend.

    cj iwakura on
    cNd9yAa.png
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    How much does it cost for an in-clan discipline, 5xp?

    I was hoping to buy my first point in Presence and maybe my first point in Performance or Stealth.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Experience point costs(for future reference: Disciplines(7), Attributes(5), Abilities/Virtues/Willpower(2), Humanity/Backgrounds(1, storyteller approval needed).

    Still applies?

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I would guess that hailing a cab would be nearly impossible with the city under siege?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    No, just tough.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Since I never got a clarification on the xp cost I'll go with what Ardent put up, since it's from the thread. I took Presence 1 for 7xp.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Apologies, thought I responded to that. (I think the board ate it and it never went through.)
    Yes, that's correct. As far as I know, in-clans are the same cost as regulars. (Unless they took a page from New Mage's book.)

    cj iwakura on
    cNd9yAa.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Is it 2 xp per Ability point because that will let you jump up points pretty quickly?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    It's a good basic to build on, so probably.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Well then. Stealth is now 4 and Dodge is 3.

    She say, "One and one, and one is three."
    Got to be good-looking 'cause she's so hard to see.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, is the subway still running?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Yes, on time even.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe new dice rolls for blood pool are required for the current evening.

    Also, though it's not likely we'll be majorly affected, I should mention that there is a fairly nasty hurricane out in the Atlantic, so hopefully we aren't subject to a blackout like the last time one rolled through South Florida.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10 For Blood Pool

    Blood Pool:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10 for Blood Pool

    Blood Pool:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Is it 2 xp per Ability point because that will let you jump up points pretty quickly?

    In the OP, the cost of a point was multiplied by the rating you were goijg for, as is normal for Vampire.
    So a third point in Disciplines outside of creation would cost 21XP, a third Attribute would cost 15XP, and so on.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe new dice rolls for blood pool are required for the current evening.

    In oWoD, waking up every night costs you 1 blood point. So I only think rerolling blood pool makes sense if we wanted to simulate a long time having passed.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Boozer wrote: »
    In oWoD, waking up every night costs you 1 blood point. So I only think rerolling blood pool makes sense if we wanted to simulate a long time having passed.

    Ah. I wasn't aware of that detail, I was just used to having to do new challenges every night for blood pool in Tampa.

    Everyone should be fine, then, unless someone feels inclined to go hunting for extra.

    cNd9yAa.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I'm happy to go along with whatever version of things you decide, but I would find it helpful to have those things presented in a concrete way.
    It sounds like I don't need to reroll my blood pool but I should reduce it by one each night?
    Are the XP costs as listed in the OP still accurate to how you want them (as noted by Boozer above? I know things ended up going back and forth a bit during character creation, just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Dark World Regent Santa DestroyRegistered User regular
    Yes, the OP costs are accurate. We'll be going with the one less per night system, as well.

    cNd9yAa.png
    Maclay
Sign In or Register to comment.