As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

overwatch: sombra uncanceled

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    those are automatons

liEt3nH.png
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: never mind, this conversation can't go anywhere good

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    How come Torbjorn isn't racist against his turrets

Those are robots!

they're one of the good ones

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    those are automatons

They can tell the difference between a friendly Reaper and an enemy one, so there is definitely some kind of AI there

6F32U1X.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    those are automatons

They can tell the difference between a friendly Reaper and an enemy one, so there is definitely some kind of AI there

yeah, automaton intelligence

liEt3nH.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    those are automatons

there is AI, but it's not sentient AI

and the big deal with torb is he builds robots for a living, so he can't comprehend how the shit he makes can be classified as a sentient being worthy of equal rights to a human--they originated as literal merchandise produced by a robotics company

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    those are automatons

the enemy one has a red nameplate, duh

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've been fooling around with characters here and there

man Junkrat is weird

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also I got my first POTG

as Hanzo

which looked especially funny because I got stuck in the geometry right aferward so I fired off my ult and then just stood in a corner

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my first potg was in the very first game I played

it was a junkrat tire that I jumped off the high platform on the first point of numbani

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The very first game I played of the launch version I got POTG as Zenyatta and knew I would never see either again

6F32U1X.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Played some competitive today.

4 draw games, 1 server crash, and 3 teammate disconnects when we could have won.

Sigh.

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I kinda hope sombra is a tank somehow

I want a tank builder who constructs things that give buffs/debuts to things in range

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Part of Torb's hangup is that the machines he built were, after being outfitted with sapient AI against his suggestions, a big part of the Omnic Crisis. From his perspective, he was worried about the advancement in AI, and was then proven right. Not that he's right now, nor was entirely right, but dislodging that sort of thought process is... difficult.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ana is so much fun. Hardest part is balancing healing and attacking and knowing when to focus on which.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    love when i have like an incredible game but somehow nothing i did was worth even a card at the end.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oooo Symm's halloween skin turns her turrets into little eyeballs

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Omnics aren't the same as automatons. Racists.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I'm not a racist I'm an omnic realist

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'd quit immediately.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Part of Torb's hangup is that the machines he built were, after being outfitted with sapient AI against his suggestions, a big part of the Omnic Crisis. From his perspective, he was worried about the advancement in AI, and was then proven right. Not that he's right now, nor was entirely right, but dislodging that sort of thought process is... difficult.

He's disgusted with sapient AI in general. Like he finds Numbani, where humans and omnics live peacefully as equals, to be awful and horrible.

He a racist.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I tend not to think about torb's robot racism because that would require me to acknowledge blizzard's incredibly ham-fisted metaphor for racism while also having some actual racist shit in their game and I'd rather just ignore it altogether

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Got the Riptire trophy for Junkrat today, then decided to focus on a character I had zero time with, which is Zarya. Turns out Zarya's really fun, who knew. Even got the trophy for catching a whole team in her black hole. Looking forward to playing her more.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "oh cool they have a new build on the ptr for the weekend, let's just take a look at--"
    Widowmaker
    Widow’s Kiss
    Charge rate increased by 20%

"regular server it is, then"

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

He's disgusted with sapient AI in general. Like he finds Numbani, where humans and omnics live peacefully as equals, to be awful and horrible.

He a racist.

Yes.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There's also apparently a buff on the PTR where Mercy's self-regen kicks in after 1 second instead of 3, which is good. Especially if she won't be exempt from the global ult nerf.

I played a game the other with a super obnoxious person

They kept spamming text chat, mostly to complain about how unfair it was that they got killed

Also a lot of their messages were filtered to the 'friendly' version

What a dumbo

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    edit: suppose I should warn there's a bit of nsfw dialog in this

https://youtu.be/CjNeOXWdVaA

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Are you ready for your mind to be blown? I can't wait to try this
    https://youtu.be/7O2dHfaE5aU

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    after almost a week's abstinence, it's Overwatch week for me this week while Blake's away! I intend to catch up on all the event-based stuff I've missed as well as get right into some competitive

WOOHOO

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    There's also apparently a buff on the PTR where Mercy's self-regen kicks in after 1 second instead of 3, which is good. Especially if she won't be exempt from the global ult nerf.

Some heroes are certainly going to take a hit if there are going to be less Ult's going off all the time.

Mercy certainly does need something more than what she currently has, and I'm not sure the self-regen kicking in quicker is the answer, because truth be told when I'm playing as Mercy, I can't think of many occasions I've died because my out of combat regeneration didn't kick in for 3 seconds.

I either live whatever team fight goes on, at which point I regen back to full health for the next fight, or I die from being focused down by something like a Genji or Tracer.

It's a nice buff, I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, although I'll quite happily admit this is just theory rather than having tested it on the ptr.

PSN Fleety2009
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I agree that it's not a massive change, but I still think it'll be something that'll save your life without you realising it.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

man Junkrat is weird

Junkrat is my favorite because I don't really have to aim.

Plus sometimes I can launch Reinhardts off a cliff.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    My Blizzcon gear order arrives today, gonna open those random minifigs and hope I get some Overwatch guys out of them. There's five different OW ones in them, and I think I ordered 4, so I should get at least two, ideally.

I also got the OW and Hearthstone shirts to wear to Blizzcon and the OW lanyard.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

man Junkrat is weird

I can't help but feel that Junkrat suffers a bit from the steady increase in popularity of Zarya.

PSN Fleety2009
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

man Junkrat is weird

I can't help but feel that Junkrat suffers a bit from the steady increase in popularity of Zarya.

It does mean that Junkrat can't blind-fire if there's a Zarya on the other team, but a defending Junkrat on high ground (like Hollywood after point A) can be extremely effective even with an enemy Zarya around.

Considering her bubble lasts about as long as Junkrat take to reload, a discerning trash child shouldn't be feeding her much at all.

The projected barrier is harder to deal with, I admit, but you just gotta watch and see if she's already used it or not before you go bananas.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

man Junkrat is weird

It does mean that Junkrat can't blind-fire if there's a Zarya on the other team, but a defending Junkrat on high ground (like Hollywood after point A) can be extremely effective even with an enemy Zarya around.

Considering her bubble lasts about as long as Junkrat take to reload, a discerning trash child shouldn't be feeding her much at all.

The projected barrier is harder to deal with, I admit, but you just gotta watch and see if she's already used it or not before you go bananas.

Nope, it's bananas all the time, 24/7 365, no sleep till junklyn, goin down to junkytown, junk life, junk til you stuk, junktown junk, he who junks with his hand has forgotten the face of his junk, basejunking, junk by junkwest, it's a junk, junk, junk, junk world

ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.