As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: sombra uncanceled

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Reinhardt isn't DPS but you can't play him too passively either.

I know sometimes, depending on our team composition I have to play him pretty aggressively.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Well yeah you shouldn't play him passively, but even at his most aggressive I wouldn't say he's DPS.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Basically if someone who isn't reaper or torb is advancing to try and get behind your shield, remind them what that big hammer does.

edit: remind THEIR FACE

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I love it when someone just walks in a straight line towards me as Reinhardt, especially if it's down a narrow pathway.

Like, you know what is going to happen right?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Good games tonight

but still running into strange assertions about characters. Apparently Reinhardt is dps according to some.

They're either terrible Reinhardts or they get Ana-boosted a lot, cuz the only tank who actually plays like a DPS is Roadhog.

Zarya plays very well as a DPS, that's why they're testing a nerf to her charge gain gain rate on PTR.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So the only Halloween Skin I REAAAAALYY wanted was Junkenstein. Guess which one is about the only one I didn't get. PBBBTHHHH>

Oh well I do like my Smexy Vampirific Sym.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Only legendary skin I'm missing is Roadhog and I'm not sure if I want to buy it. Trying to surmise if we'll get the same items next Halloween. Seems unlikely. Seems like they would make new skins for the characters that didn't get one. I dunno.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Dear god I hope that previous events items are available for the next year.

I suppose it'll be down to how much people get angry for the first event that doesn't do it.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I got all the halloween skins except Reinhardt, Roadhog and Reaper.

I wouldn't mind Reinhardt but I don't really care about the other two. Reaper's is good but I never play Reaper so

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    wait wait wait the halloween event isn't over is it? I haven't played in a few days but I assumed I had at least until sunday night or monday to buy my Junkenstein skin if I didn't loot it

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    wait wait wait the halloween event isn't over is it? I haven't played in a few days but I assumed I had at least until sunday night or monday to buy my Junkenstein skin if I didn't loot it

Nah man, November 1st

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh thank god, I just saw a few people talking in past tense and got worried

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Kotaku just really leaning into their reputation there, huh

Kotaku's fine.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    oh thank god, I just saw a few people talking in past tense and got worried

Ahh...sorry I am out of town for the weekend. For me the event is over, but you all got time yet.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't have Roadhog or Junkrat's skins but I got everything else

I don't even really like the Roadhog one all that much, but I would really like Junkenstein to pop out at some point

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I wish the money you got for duplicates wasn't such a fucking pittance

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I got ana and that's all. I did get imp mercy

not that any of it matters, I don't play any of those characters. just give me currency

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    come in

make yourself comfortable

*pat pat*

http://imgur.com/pbUS31y

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

it seems like it's actually gone down

didn't a duplicate legendary used to give 500?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

it seems like it's actually gone down

didn't a duplicate legendary used to give 500?

No. It's always been 1/5 of the buy price.

Halloween items do not give extra currency if you get a duplicate.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    It's still taking me an average of three minutes to find a game in Comp. This is stupid.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Legendary chests gave 500, legendary dupes gave 200

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20353652

Comments section points out that an actual lore-based blog post on Friday has preceded the releases of McCree, Junkrat/Roadhog, and Ana on the following Tuesday. That'll be Nov. 1st.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Is this the first time Sombra was referred to as an organization rather than an individual?

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm just sick of this game I think. On Xbox one and every game is a loss, every single one. Now in competitive mode Im losing to teams with widowmakers on them, widowmakers on console. It's just getting tiring. 10 losses for every win, I just feel helpless and there's no way to explain or understand why I'm losing every time

Haha lost to a team that only had 5 player!

I'm always getting gold in everything too, so it just feels hopeless, I can't do any more

Prohass on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I'm just sick of this game I think. On Xbox one and every game is a loss, every single one. Now in competitive mode Im losing to teams with widowmakers on them, widowmakers on console. It's just getting tiring. 10 losses for every win, I just feel helpless and there's no way to explain or understand why I'm losing every time

I'm always getting gold in everything too, so it just feels hopeless, I can't do any more

Don't feel bad taking a break, but don't write the game off either. I thought I was more or less done with the game but after three or four weeks I came back and am having fun again.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

Don't feel bad taking a break, but don't write the game off either. I thought I was more or less done with the game but after three or four weeks I came back and am having fun again.

I seem to do this every month or so. I have a couple of bad nights in a row (or one particularly bad one) and take a break from the game for a week or two. No shame in it.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    solo queueing is a fucking nightmare

i just want to play and not have a shitty time is that so much to ask

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    solo queueing is a fucking nightmare

i just want to play and not have a shitty time is that so much to ask

yes, suffer eternally as Metzen always intended

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Ok, the map is Gibraltar. It's defense and I'm Reinhardt. In the beginning of the round I use earthshatter and get most of their team so I charge their Zarya and go for the pin kill. I guess I missed their Junkrat because while I did get the pin kill, I did so by hitting one of the overhead walkways and there was a good 2 seconds where I was like "...how'd I get up here?" Then at the end of the round and I earthshatter again and I get their Zarya again and against all odds I get the pin kill while airborne. Again.

Also got 4 other kills off the 2nd charge somehow. It was the PotG.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I got the quad-rez achievement for Mercy today! Shout out to that well placed Riptire.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Is this the first time Sombra was referred to as an organization rather than an individual?

I'm assuming it's because of all the ARG participants helping Sombra.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
  • Options
    I'd pay good money for a skin that replaced McCree's BAMF buckle with a WOOF buckle.

Call it "Mad Dog".

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Fun games last night everyone. Been a while since I've done some quick play.

No I don't.
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I'd pay good money for a skin that replaced McCree's BAMF buckle with a WOOF buckle.

Call it "Mad Dog".

Laser disc game or back to the future character?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Call it "Mad Dog".
    He hates that name!

• Options
    templewulf wrote: »

Call it "Mad Dog".

Laser disc game or back to the future character?

Laserdisc.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Here's a random theory about Reaper and the ongoing Overwatch backstory:

The Omnics were built by the Omnica Corporation, which created the omnic factories called Omniums worldwide. Omnica Corporation was fraught with accusations of corruption and was eventually dismantled.
    Later, the omniums reactivated themselves and created Omnics that were programmed to kill all humans.
    In response, the Overwatch organization was created to fight back across the globe.
    There was a shadow division of Overwatch called Blackwatch, headed by Gabriel Reyes, which was the designated "dirty business" side of the organization.
    In the course of that dirty business, Reyes found evidence linking indicating that the Omnic Crisis was deliberately incited by people with links to the upper echelons of Overwatch leadership. They made their own crisis to produce a global police force by which they could exert control over the entire world.
    Reyes tries to call this out. Jack Morrison will have none of it and is being fed info that suggests Reyes will turn on the organization. Overwatch is left in ruins by the resulting clash between Overwatch and Blackwatch. Morrison is eventually revived and starts calling himself Soldier 76; Angela Ziegler's attempt to resuscitate Reyes with a prototype Valkyrie Drive brings Reyes back as a shambolic wraith, and he starts calling himself Reaper.
    Everyone goes their separate ways for a while.
    Winston attempts to recall Overwatch. Reyes catches wind of the recall and assumes that whoever was behind the original creation of Overwatch is trying again. Refusing to allow that to happen, he starts hunting Overwatch agents.

While not painting him as anywhere close to heroic, at least this leaves him with a proper motive instead of terroristing for the hell of it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
This discussion has been closed.