Options

overwatch: sombra uncanceled

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    yeah, you have two of the same heroes picked during character selection and then everyone switches to the same person without prompting

it's like, no guys

you don't have to do this

please

I almost never see this anymore!

Nine times out of ten when two people pick the same hero, one of them either switches off immediately or no one else joins them

I went weeks between gimmick all-Mei style games

It was kind of depressing actually

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    from reddit
    Hacking a Health pack disables it for your enemies, but increases its refresh speed when used by you or your team (the duration of the hack [1 minute] is shown by a skull that is ticking down).
    Enemies can't destroy Sombra's translocator.
    You cannot hack through shields (otherwise "no one would play Reinhardt anymore"). EMP also won't go through shields.
    You can hack a Torbjörn turret; it will be unable to shoot for a couple of seconds.
    The EMP will destroy Lucio's Ult shields if they've been deployed.
    You can see an icon above enemies if they have their Ult ready. It's the usual check mark you can see on the shift screen.
    Her gun has the same effective range as Soldier 76's, with a little more spread.
    You can hack multiple health packs at once, shutting down a whole region of the map.
    There is no blur when Sombra goes invisible. She can't be seen at all. Edit: Apparently there IS a shimmer if she's close enough (/u/ChillinFallin).
    D.Va's Defense Matrix cancels Sombra's translocator.
    Sombra can see you through walls if you're below half of your health.
    Cooldowns: Translocator: 6 secs (Stays up for 15 secs); Hack: 12 secs; Invisibility: 6 secs
    EMP doesn't cancel Nano Boost, probably won't cancel Zenyatta Ult either.
    Sombra has 200 health.
    Sombra can't hack health packs during setup.
    Sombra's hack will not disable lucio's aura, but will stop him from being able to switch it.
    While Sombra is invisible she is 200% as fast.
    Invisible Sombra can still be seen with Hanzo's Sonic Arrow and Widow's ultimate. Possibly also by enemy sombras and discord orb.
    EMP is based on line of sight, but isn't blocked by barriers.

Winston is also a very effective counter, apparently

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    man spain is doing work

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, confirmed. Sombra needs to get behind Reinhardt if she wants to EMP the team he's defending.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Disabling packs for a minute sounds absolutely brutal

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, confirmed. Sombra needs to get behind Reinhardt if she wants to EMP the team he's defending.

I am confused by these two statements
    You cannot hack through shields (otherwise "no one would play Reinhardt anymore"). EMP also won't go through shields.

This is a confusing way to describe things, post collator!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    from reddit

Winston is also a very effective counter, apparently

So it will go through Zarya's bubble and shut it down, but will not go through Reinhardt's shield if he's facing you?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    yeah, you have two of the same heroes picked during character selection and then everyone switches to the same person without prompting

it's like, no guys

you don't have to do this

please

My groups personal thresh hold was always 3 duplicates. Unless the 2 was something really wrecking the comp like the traditional double Widow.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I think they meant that her hack ability will not go through shields, but her EMP will

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

That's a little better than I thought initially

But not being able to destroy that translocator is a real fucker

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    I think they meant that her hack ability will not go through shields, but her EMP will

it explicitly says "EMP won't go through shields"!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    yeah not being able to destroy sombra's teleport thing seems a bit unfair?

• Options
    Maybe they mean shields as in characters health pool?

• Options

destroy it by shooting her in the head when she teleports through it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hmmm...I noticed they said barriers and not shields...wonder if barriers means an environmental obtrusion.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I wonder if Sombra will make Reinhardt and Zarya less auto-include in tournament play.

Also seems like Sombra will hit Torbjorn hard. And just when he was getting a buff, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

I've done it to reaper enough times

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh...so Sombra tosses her teleporter.

Meaning she can get to high ground easily.

Also the recharge rate she puts on health packs is insane.

Man she sounds so good.

• Options
    Hacking is definitely more of a combat opener than anything. Trying to cast it in a fight against most other damage dealers just means they'll kill you by the time you get it off. Tracer or Reaper will just shoot you in the face, McCree will flashbang you and then shoot you in the face, Mei will freeze you and shoot you in the face, junkrat will just immediately mine you and then spam you with bombs. Sombra's got crazy mobility to escape from a fight or pick a place to initiate, but once there's shooting if she picks a bad fight she can be punished for it immediately, unless she's able to control a health kit spot.

(Also I wanna see a smart junkrat just trap Sombra's health kit and wait for her to recall)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh...so Sombra tosses her teleporter.

Meaning she can get to high ground easily.

Also the recharge rate she puts on health packs is insane.

Man she sounds so good.

My goal is to pull off a kill akin to the animated origin. where you huck your teleport high in the air and teleport thru it before it lands, and then kill someone before you land.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    That's probably one of her achievements.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    If the teleport can be used mid-toss, and D.Va's DM can eat the teleporter, what happens if it gets eaten while Sombra is mid-teleport?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    she teleports to it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I just remembered the other thing that makes Sombra's stealth a bit less scary. Don't forget that they added all those "I know you're nearby!" voice lines for all the characters. If Sombra tries to use her stealth as a way to get behind you and drop a clip in your dome, your character is going to yell "SOMBRA IS TRYING TO GET BEHIND ME AND PUT A CLIP IN MY DOME." If it happens after that, it's probably your fault I think?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Something lost in the Sombra kerfuffle, good news and bad news

Good news,

Genji is getting a insanely sweet skin
    DL81WR5036HP1478129154826.jpg

Bad news

you gotta play a shitload of Hearthstone to unlock it.......

• Options
    Hearthstone? Hahaha no.

You have to play Heroes of the Storm.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ugh, I can't even decide if that's worse or better.

It's like choosing between a kick in the genitals and a punch in the genitals.

• Options
    And it's not just playing, it's queueing with a friend.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

I've done it to reaper enough times

Also the teleporter that she tosses is really visible, it leaves behind a bright purple trail when she throws it.

So if she tries to chuck one in the middle of a fight it's not really going to be a surprise where she went when she suddenly disappears

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Oh no no no no no. Fuck you Blizzard if you think I'm playing a completely different game to get skins in this one.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    dear blizz pleeease make an alternate color of that genji skin with striped sleeves

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I mean worst case scenario you just play 15 rounds of co-op vs AI. Just fuck around stress-free for 15 matches, bing bang boom

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    from what I understand hots has been a shitstorm for like 2 months because of some massively broken stealth assassin(surprise) that they still haven't been able to rein in so I'm not missing that game too much.

as for hero stacking I just don't see it enough to care about it. 99% of the time it's two dudes that want to play the same guy which okay whatever you can both play hanzo, I don't care

• Options
    samuro hasn't even been out a month yet, but also yes hots has a habit of releasing champions that are Fuck Busted and taking too long to balance them - if they ever do

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Ugh, I can't even decide if that's worse or better.

It's like choosing between a kick in the genitals and a punch in the genitals.

man.. I have like 1600 games played in hots, and the game is seriously not in any way bad. It's a team brawler with moba elements and much short match times (think 15-20 minutes average) than most mobas. It also has all your favourite blizzard heroes and characters re-imagined in a new game, but still so close to the original that they just feel right- Tracer plays still like Tracer, Gul'Dan is a feeling much like a WoW Warlock, Diablo is John Cena..
    Besides, you can get those games in vs. AI, and even while losing, so 15 games would take like 5-10 minutes each if you rush through.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    from what I understand hots has been a shitstorm for like 2 months because of some massively broken stealth assassin(surprise) that they still haven't been able to rein in so I'm not missing that game too much.

as for hero stacking I just don't see it enough to care about it. 99% of the time it's two dudes that want to play the same guy which okay whatever you can both play hanzo, I don't care

the one thing I'll be glad to see hero stacking go for is, when I've picked my class , sitting waiting for rest to pick, and some new to room assface will just pick my class , and then spam flash ti til I either change or we're running at least two of that class.

Fuck that person

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like HoTS a lot

but at the same time I mostly just play co-op vs AI so I don't really notice the imbalance (and even if I do it's usually to the favor of humans)

• Options
    I'm up for banging out 15 matches of HOTS if anyone wants to. It's perfectly fine if you treat it as casual team fight practice rather than a proper moba

• Options
    damn, south korea is scary good

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    yeah, team USA got wrecked right there

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.