As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So I get credit for killing WJ, but not for the completing the WQ.

:?

Also, ran M+2 Vault last night. Got 850 boots. Opened the chest this morning. Got 850 boots.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

Also, ran M+2 Vault last night. Got 850 boots. Opened the chest this morning. Got 850 boots.

At least when you get 850 boots it's an upgrade. If I get 850 boots I have to check if they have haste, and if the answer is no, my 835 or 840 boots are better.

Druids :P

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

At least when you get 850 boots it's an upgrade. If I get 850 boots I have to check if they have haste, and if the answer is no, my 835 or 840 boots are better.

Druids :P

Same with warlocks but they have to be crit / haste. Nobody likes our new mastery but it seems like they want to shove it down our throat on every piece.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I don't mind doing world quests, I enjoy them at times, but I hate that I had a 10 day long wait for a garrison ability that's garbage. Every 3 days for 100 resources I can do only a non elite, non warden non whatever other reason world quest instantly. That's garbage.

You know I get that you got screwed, but at this point you could have at least looked up what the rules are.

It only lets you do green quality WQ. Wardens are blue (and I think most PVP are as well) and dungeon quests are usually Purple.

Really that whole tier is shit because while the free bonus roll saves you some gold or resources weekly, its not all that much value either. 2 green WQ a week can be a couple decent artifact power rewards, and even can be a decent gear reward that you might have only went to do in the slim chance it was titanforged. Now it wont feel like a big a waste of time if you just force complete it and it doesn't upgrade.

Shouldn't the rules be in the description of the ability? That's my complaint, its explained no where when making the selection and fuck the idea I should have to go to outside sites for that to be explained.

I never said otherwise, and in fact my other post implied it should.

But you said "whatever other reason" as if you still didn't quite get how the thing worked. I agree it shouldn't be expected of you to do the research beforehand, but at this point a quick search could have told you exactly how it works which might be a good idea since you are mostly stuck with it.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    HPalas have the issue of crit. Got to keep at 30% or higher crit, but Int scales so much that is hard to reject upgrades. Luckily (for me) Jim helped a bit this week.

• Options
    As a holy paladin I used to stack mastery and this was super good for dungeons, but wasn't as good in raids so I switched. Seems like our healing really revolves around those 30 seconds of talents avenging so having holy shock crit every time every 3 or so seconds and most FOL crit is hard to pass up. I have my crit up to 39% though somehow.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I dunno when I go there dude wants so much shade fruit. I hardly get to jump on it.
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Ok the world quest clearing garrison thing is crap, it won't clear any elite world quests it didn't even clear a wardens world quest. So every 3 days you can clear a quest you could easily do yourself. Good job blizz.

Yeah, I was annoyed it didn't work on dungeon WQs. I didn't notice it not working on Wardens elite quests, though.
    Ok the world quest clearing garrison thing is crap, it won't clear any elite world quests it didn't even clear a wardens world quest. So every 3 days you can clear a quest you could easily do yourself. Good job blizz.

I have no idea what this is. Must be a class specific thing

It's the second to last order hall research tier for mages, at least. The other option is getting one of your three weekly bonus roll tokens through research.

It doesn't work on any elite quest so like the suramar elites were a no go. It's fucking garbage. I'm so angry that there were limitations not anywhere indicated.

That's pretty much emblematic of the problems I have with Legion.

There's a lot of good stuff. But there's also a lot of stuff that's pointlessly tedious and super-heavy on grinding, or that leads a player into making a bad decision because somehow no one considered putting out the right information, or that says in a very heavy-handed way "we want you to play in a given way." And also the writing varies from pretty fun and interesting to given the impression that a bunch of people who really hated each other were put in a very small room and given a very short deadline to write a specific story that they hated.

Yeah, I am really torn because there are parts of this expansion I really like, but others feel directly hateful towards the player, more so than I've seen in awhile.

It's weird to say, but I feel like the fact that all the Titan/Overwatch MMO people are back is kind of a big part of the problem. I feel like they are bringing Vanilla/BC design philosophies back in which have a heavy emphasis on "carrot on a string" gameplay

Warcraft most vocal players are the one who feel that people who play less than them should not get the same rewards. They also have a lot of people who binge on the content in a couple of weeks and then start complaining that there is nothing to do. this expansion feels like it was designed to combat both those things with lots of end game content and dungeons hidden away so those fifthly casuals can't get at them. Not to mention the whole "if you want access to mythics you had better be in a big guild or have friends who play the game" thing they have got going (although this isn't too different from wod to be fair). The casual player is lost in the shuffle and will find the grinding to be tedious (i know I do).

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If you want access to mythics use the group finder. You are not locked out of mythics because you're playing by yourself. Hell I did normal Xavius last night using the group finder.

The daily grinds are specifically for casual players. World Quests are setup in the most casual friendly manner wow has ever done.

People who play less and do easier content should not get the same rewards as players who put in more time and more effort. People seriously don't think that's the case?

Also I keep stopping playing my main because I don't have much else to do once I do the emissary quest. I could do more mythics but I'm already at ilvl 849 and just waiting on suramar rep. I really don't understand the complaint. It's a big improvement over wod because I get to be excited to do stuff but never feel like I'm forgoing doing some things. I'm not trying to do every world quest or anything though. The only grind is for rep and that's a very gradual process with world quests. Way better than dailies!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    How the hell did the Enigma world quests break?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Dumb archeology question: I'm playing a character I boosted to 100, and I can't figure out how to start the two-week archeology quests I see people mention.

My archeology skill started at zero, I've raised it to 50 and completed a few dig sites and gotten a few artifacts. No quests yet. The archeology trainer in Dalaran doesn't have any quests for me either.

Do I have to raise archeology to 600 before they start happening? Does it have something to do with these crates in my inventory?

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Dumb archeology question: I'm playing a character I boosted to 100, and I can't figure out how to start the two-week archeology quests I see people mention.

My archeology skill started at zero, I've raised it to 50 and completed a few dig sites and gotten a few artifacts. No quests yet. The archeology trainer in Dalaran doesn't have any quests for me either.

Do I have to raise archeology to 600 before they start happening? Does it have something to do with these crates in my inventory?

Nah, I have the quest and my archaeology is like 2.
    This one was offered to me by the trainer in Dalaran I think. Have you done Highmountain yet? That's where it is/was this week.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

You need to be 110 to do the bi-monthly quests.

The crates you can turn into the Archaeology person for fragments of various kinds. Example: Trade them in for Tol'vir fragments, since those are hard to get, or fossil fragments, to turn in at the Darkmoon Faire.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if those free starter edition codes from the Warcraft movie still work? I am trying to look into doing the self RAF thing to level an alt and wondering if there are any of those codes still out there.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Didn't they include codes in the DVD edition that came out in the states recently? Think I remember something about it on GAF. Should be plenty of them kicking about if they were included.

danx on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Quick question for you guys, I'm a miner and that has been making me pretty decent money so far this expansion. I kind of want to do another crafting profession that will help me make some money, but I don't want to go double gathering. Which profession would you guys recommend? I've been looking at jewelcrafting, possibly. Maybe enchanting?

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    danx wrote: »
    Didn't they include codes in the DVD edition that came out in the states recently? Think I remember something about it on GAF. Should be plenty of them kicking about if they were included.

Oh, didn't know about that. I will have to look. Did anyone here happen to get the DVD of the movie?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Quick question for you guys, I'm a miner and that has been making me pretty decent money so far this expansion. I kind of want to do another crafting profession that will help me make some money, but I don't want to go double gathering. Which profession would you guys recommend? I've been looking at jewelcrafting, possibly. Maybe enchanting?

I'd recommend either Enchanting or JC, yeah. Blacksmithing seems to have a lot of crap involved in getting it set up, though apparently there's still life in at least selling the bracers (however, the mats for them are pretty ridiculous). JC isn't the greatest right now because the prospecting success rate for rare quality gems is horribad (and not so great for uncommon, either), but still worth the effort.

I think you can make decent gold by learning Enchanting and leveling up at your leisure, and just disenchanting gear and selling the mats. Thanks to LFR opening up, you can disenchant your own drops for chaos crystals weekly (or if you want the gear, disenchant what you're currently wearing). If you want to go further, you can start farming the appearances and the other recipes.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    I dunno when I go there dude wants so much shade fruit. I hardly get to jump on it.

Yeah, I was annoyed it didn't work on dungeon WQs. I didn't notice it not working on Wardens elite quests, though.

It's the second to last order hall research tier for mages, at least. The other option is getting one of your three weekly bonus roll tokens through research.

It doesn't work on any elite quest so like the suramar elites were a no go. It's fucking garbage. I'm so angry that there were limitations not anywhere indicated.

There's a lot of good stuff. But there's also a lot of stuff that's pointlessly tedious and super-heavy on grinding, or that leads a player into making a bad decision because somehow no one considered putting out the right information, or that says in a very heavy-handed way "we want you to play in a given way." And also the writing varies from pretty fun and interesting to given the impression that a bunch of people who really hated each other were put in a very small room and given a very short deadline to write a specific story that they hated.

Yeah, I am really torn because there are parts of this expansion I really like, but others feel directly hateful towards the player, more so than I've seen in awhile.

It's weird to say, but I feel like the fact that all the Titan/Overwatch MMO people are back is kind of a big part of the problem. I feel like they are bringing Vanilla/BC design philosophies back in which have a heavy emphasis on "carrot on a string" gameplay

Warcraft most vocal players are the one who feel that people who play less than them should not get the same rewards. They also have a lot of people who binge on the content in a couple of weeks and then start complaining that there is nothing to do. this expansion feels like it was designed to combat both those things with lots of end game content and dungeons hidden away so those fifthly casuals can't get at them. Not to mention the whole "if you want access to mythics you had better be in a big guild or have friends who play the game" thing they have got going (although this isn't too different from wod to be fair). The casual player is lost in the shuffle and will find the grinding to be tedious (i know I do).

I'm a little confused by the mythics thing; harder content generally makes it easier to get better rewards. We now have, for dungeons: Normal, heroic, mythic, and mythic+, four different levels of difficulty. Having friends that play will make it easier to run the more difficult content, like in every other game, because you can organize better. WoW also has a system where you can start a group for a mythic or mythic+ and be confident it'll fill up within minutes. It might be harder because you don't have a relationship with the players you're getting, but it's still possible. For raids, we have LFR, Normal, heroic and mythic. Same deal. You can experience all of the content, and even if you're running the lowest difficult for dungeons or raids you have a chance to get some nice upgrades anyway because of warforging/titanforging. Oh and if you don't want to run anything, you can do PVP or daily quests and get better and better rewards too.

What would be a better system to embrace casual players? I feel like this expansion is more casual friendly than anything we've had before.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Warriors just got FUCKED.

Not really. This is how the hotfix should have been implemented to begin with.
    This actually feels like a buff overall, at least in terms of fun. Before any of the nerfs shield slam was generating 15 rage; now we get 5 more, and the 33% max shield reduction doesn't matter a whole lot because in raids/mythic+ you're generally not generating huge shields anyway, but instead popping it as soon as you get a dragonscale proc (if you can even wait that long).

Though it DOES make Revenge even more worthless in comparison...

Yeah I'm expecting them to buff revenge to 10 rage sooner or later.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2016
    Mc zany wrote: »

I'm a little confused by the mythics thing; harder content generally makes it easier to get better rewards. We now have, for dungeons: Normal, heroic, mythic, and mythic+, four different levels of difficulty. Having friends that play will make it easier to run the more difficult content, like in every other game, because you can organize better. WoW also has a system where you can start a group for a mythic or mythic+ and be confident it'll fill up within minutes. It might be harder because you don't have a relationship with the players you're getting, but it's still possible. For raids, we have LFR, Normal, heroic and mythic. Same deal. You can experience all of the content, and even if you're running the lowest difficult for dungeons or raids you have a chance to get some nice upgrades anyway because of warforging/titanforging. Oh and if you don't want to run anything, you can do PVP or daily quests and get better and better rewards too.

What would be a better system to embrace casual players? I feel like this expansion is more casual friendly than anything we've had before.

Using the dungeon finder system to access the content. Doing something similar to the baleforged from WoD. Where you work towards currency/tokens that you can use to upgrade gear of your choice. So classes that need specific stats aren't using gear 20 ilvls lower.

Morkath on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Thanks for the crit ring Withered Jim! Puts me at around 60% crit after enchanting it.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Warriors just got FUCKED.

Not really. This is how the hotfix should have been implemented to begin with.
    This actually feels like a buff overall, at least in terms of fun. Before any of the nerfs shield slam was generating 15 rage; now we get 5 more, and the 33% max shield reduction doesn't matter a whole lot because in raids/mythic+ you're generally not generating huge shields anyway, but instead popping it as soon as you get a dragonscale proc (if you can even wait that long).

Though it DOES make Revenge even more worthless in comparison...

Yeah I'm expecting them to buff revenge to 10 rage sooner or later.

Well, even when it was 10/5, you would only use Revenge when Shield Slam had 1.5s left on its CD. Every other time, it was better to use Devestate for the Shield Slam reset. I think keeping it at 5 works, but give it a chance to reset Shield Slam, too.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Both of these say to me that someone walked into the room near the end of WOD and said, "WTF is up with this Dungeon Journal bullshit? The players want to figure it out for themselves, so let them."

Hateful, as in, Nomi burning all my cooking ingredients. Crafting professions that require insane mat costs, while gathering barely gets you anything, all for gear worse than what you can get in dungeons, world quests, etc. Gating entire dungeons behind massive quest chains which then cannot be queued for. And of course, all the grinding. Artifact power, order hall resources, champion XP, hell, grinding for a legendary...

Dear God, don't forget gating every Goddamn recipe behind some quest (I hate you Alchemy) or a "training" that never worked right for me (fuck you forever, LW).

I don't mind the questing for recipes but damn skilling up to 800 to use a couple is a pita given how bad skinning got nerfed from launch and how much the crap costs. Sure if I get luck and three star something the cost becomes more reasonable but I have not been seeing a lot of those recipe upgrades yet.

• Options
    Yes!
    Finally got my Vengeance hidden appearance!

... I'm gonna have to pvp D:

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Crafting is absolutely too tedious. Obliterum is actually a really good idea but the investment is so high that no one who needs it can afford it.

Alchemy has become the centre of the AH I'm sure. There simply aren't enough mats and the market is going crazy. They should add some herbalism / alchemy daily WQs to remove stress.

Potions are even worse than flasks, armor pots go for 600 on my server now, and that is potentially per attempt. Mythic raids must burn 15k gold per attempt in food+pots on top of the flasks.

And yeah Nomi is garbage. Today I got a recipe for the first time this week.

It was a 1star for bacony bits, which I already have 2 star in.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Crafting is absolutely too tedious. Obliterum is actually a really good idea but the investment is so high that no one who needs it can afford it.

Alchemy has become the centre of the AH I'm sure. There simply aren't enough mats and the market is going crazy. They should add some herbalism / alchemy daily WQs to remove stress.

Potions are even worse than flasks, armor pots go for 600 on my server now, and that is potentially per attempt. Mythic raids must burn 15k gold per attempt in food+pots on top of the flasks.

Well at least that panda bastard isn't fucking just me with that. I've gotten two of those. I assume he's broken with regards to bacon.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Well at least that panda bastard isn't fucking just me with that. I've gotten two of those. I assume he's broken with regards to bacon.

Same here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't even know if i should stop giving nomi certain foods at some point or if as long as it's an option, feed the fatass

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I just resigned myself that instead of feeding the hungry of the entire world I'm wasting food on that fucking bear.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

With regards to gear having the wrong stats, when I was doing EN the other night one of the Shamans got Titanforged belt off of Cenarius. It was a 30 ilevel upgrade for him, and he sharded it because it had no Mastery.

I just don't get that.

I would have kept it, because at the very least there's the chance that stats could end up rebalanced at some point. Or he could change his mind about specs and go Elemental (or Enhancement could be nerfed and he could go Elemental). But that sort of talk came up a couple of times, across two different EN groups.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    With regards to gear having the wrong stats, when I was doing EN the other night one of the Shamans got Titanforged belt off of Cenarius. It was a 30 ilevel upgrade for him, and he sharded it because it had no Mastery.

I just don't get that.

I would have kept it, because at the very least there's the chance that stats could end up rebalanced at some point. Or he could change his mind about specs and go Elemental (or Enhancement could be nerfed and he could go Elemental). But that sort of talk came up a couple of times, across two different EN groups.

There are some dos specs where a certain stat really is head and shoulders above the rest. Like for fire mages, isn't crit worth more than int?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Fatboss' new Kara preview video looks amazing.

Characters
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My weekly chest contained a Mythic 9 875 neck.

The only item I have above 860 is an 870 neck with a socket and my best stats.

Kill. Me.

By the way, modifiers for NA this week are Teeming (4) and Skittish (7). Not sure what 10 will be.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Teeming and Skittish?

Ugh

Characters
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I just don't get that.

There are some dos specs where a certain stat really is head and shoulders above the rest. Like for fire mages, isn't crit worth more than int?

Right, but: if they ever switch specs or if Blizzard decides that the current stat weighting is silly then they've just sharded an upgrade.

I can't imagine that bank space is really so valuable that it isn't worthwhile to shrug and toss it in the bank in the off chance it becomes useful at some point.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Javen wrote: »

I just don't get that.

Right, but: if they ever switch specs or if Blizzard decides that the current stat weighting is silly then they've just sharded an upgrade.

I can't imagine that bank space is really so valuable that it isn't worthwhile to shrug and toss it in the bank in the off chance it becomes useful at some point.

Or, like, the ability to trade things of lower ilvl than the sharded item that don't have the stat they want.

Edit: I feel like they're going to have to rebalance some specs at some point. Secondary stats over ilvl (or even primary stats) seems to be contrary to their design goals they've had for a while.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    My weekly chest contained a Mythic 9 875 neck.

The only item I have above 860 is an 870 neck with a socket and my best stats.

Kill. Me.

By the way, modifiers for NA this week are Teeming (4) and Skittish (7). Not sure what 10 will be.

Got a legendary belt this past weekend. Chest contained an 870 belt. *hugs* RNG giveth and taketh away.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    My chest contained an 870 Portable Manacracker, which has been the first unambigious upgrade in a very long time.

Characters
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    From MMO-Champs newest 7.1 patch notes
    Chaos Bolt Unleashes a devastating blast of chaos, causing [ 1 + 500% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Chaos Bolt always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage. 40 yd range. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.

Datamining errors are such teases.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Well, it finally happened. My alt got a legendary before my main. Opened my DK's keystone chest in her order hall and there it was.

I do actively raid on the character, so it's not a waste, but I really would have preferred it on my DH.

This discussion has been closed.