The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

1202123252629

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The robber briefly turns his gun towards the biker, as if half tempted to just blow the interruption away... then he hears the sirens and seems to think better of it. "Goddammit." He seems content to take whatever the cashier managed to pile up before hauling it out of the store and back into the car. "Just go!" Soon after barking the command at the driver, the waiting vehicle does a fast 180 and heads off down the road with a squeal of tires. Some moments later, the cop and his flashing lights follow.

    It takes even longer for the dazed clerk to realize he's not dead, He eventually looks over to the door, still seeming uncertain that he's in one piece. "Uh-... thanks."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    I'll take that as a sign we are no longer under initiative.
    Danny runs over to join Max. "Okay we're on the clock. I can scout ahead but there shouldn't be anyone in there at this hour. Otherwise I can watch your back, or whatever else you need." He starts toward the entrance and looks back to Max for guidance.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    If the cops are gone, Max heads into the building, and to the security room. "We may be able to get a better picture here, or at least an indication of the direction the people went"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny stays close to Max, eyes and ears out for anything of note along the way. Upon reaching the office he takes a defensive position at the door.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception & Alertness

    Perception & Alertness:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=2, [10, 8], 6, 1, 6, 5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex held his position near the front of the store during the robbery. If they were required to take action, they would need to be very careful not to break the masquerade, but still defend themselves as necessary. Thankfully, Bulldog intervened successfully and the sound of sirens drove the thief away.

    Still, Alex stayed put. If the cops arrived, it would be helpful to look the part of a helpless witness in the hopes that they possibly ignored or maybe even were unaware of the rest of the party. "Check on the others" he said quietly to Bulldog, and then proceeded back to the clerk. If he was going to play a part, he needed to commit in full. "Hey man, are you ok?"

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    "Don't mention it, kid," Bulldog told the cashier, his tone making it obvious he meant it literally.

    The biker then made his way over to the museum to join the others. It was too likely that they would have company to let Max and Danny go in alone.

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Um... I'm good, yeah. I think... maybe." The clerk picks up his phone, and it seems like, of all things, he's updating his social media status. "...hope he didn't take too much..." That doesn't seem high on his list of priorities, given his fast typing speed.


    @Maclay
    The museum is abandoned. If it had anyone on guard duty, it was the cop that just left. Any alarms seem to be inactive, but the same can't be said of whatever recording devices the museum is making use of.

    The museum may as well be open for the taking, with the front door unlocked and most of the lights off, apart from security lights.

    The security room is presently locked, and has a card reader beside it.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "If the cameras are on local storage we might just grab the drives and bolt. Figure it out after the fact." He looks at the reader. "Can you 'hack' the lock or should we just brute force it?" Danny turns to acknowledge Bulldog's timely arrival.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max nods and examines the scanner. There may be a way to beat the thing without just breaking down the door.

    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception & Security & Auspex

    Perception & Security & Auspex:
    6d10o10h8 7 [6d10o10h8=7, 1, [10, 10, 10, 10, 9], 1, [10, 9], 6]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    MaclayBoozercj iwakuraArdent
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The lock appears sophisticated, though it doesn't take much effort to circumvent the reader. Either it was poorly made or damaged during the chaos, but for whatever reason, a firm strike to the panel causes the door to open, apparently to remain that way until shut.

    The interior is far more sophisticated than the budget convenience store setup. An array of sixteen monitors, each cycling between different feeds from inside and outside the museum, with a variety of possible playback options. It seems the data can either be removed via a USB device's interface, a flash drive, by being burned to a CD, or simply played back on command, requiring either patience or simply knowing what to look for.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    All right then, I'm going to review the security footage, and then flash drive the thing.

    (Since we know the timestamp and location of what we're looking for, I presume it's a little easier than going in blind?)

    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Intelligence & Security

    Intelligence & Security:
    4d10o10h8 0 [4d10o10h8=3, 7, 4, 6]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny starts setting up his recently acquired phone. He isn't sure if he has the time to complete the process, but it felt like it was worth a try. "Guess the cops have already seen the footage. Wonder if they got a good look at us."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming this relates to the kidnapping and not so much the rampaging beast. Though it would surely occur to someone that a giant warren mutant in a museum is a MASSIVE MASQUERADE BREACH and any footage needs to be confiscated if not wiped out completely.

    Either the footage in question has been removed, or it has been made unusually difficult to access. Elsewhere, a van's police radio can be heard detailing the escape of an armed robber, believed to be armed and extremely dangerous. The officer has lost sight of him, and is returning to his patrol station.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Keep an eye out Danny," Bulldog says, before helping Max review and then copy the data to a flash drive.

    Once the data is copied, the biker says. "Let's get going before we get company.
    Given how important this is and how useless I am at Security I'll spend a willpower for the success. I'm a little better at Computer but not enough to risk it I think.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny collects up the phone stuff and shifts his attention to more immediate concerns.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception Alertness

    Perception Alertness:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=1, 8, 8, 6, 2, 8]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Did anyone make an attempt to delete or confiscate footage of the beast?

    The police officer from before can be seen returning from down the street, with his lights off. The odds of him being happy to see people leaving the museum are slim.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    when you said the masquerade needes to be maintained, I assumed we were supposed to duplicate the footage for us, and then delete it from their server/databank or whatever.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I misunderstood your previous post about the Masquerade. If the footage of the beast is still there then Bulldog would move the security footage to the flash drive instead of copying it.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    Fencingsax
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Looks like we'll have to find another way out of here, let Alex know," Bulldog says, after moving all the footage to a flash drive.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny look at the various live feeds and tries to deduce the best way out for them. "Might be nice if the security systems went down for a few minutes."
    I'll go with Perception + Investigation, but I can do different if needed.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Exit Strategy

    Exit Strategy:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=2, 4, [10, 7], 8, 8, 5]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Apart from the unpleasant option of using the Nosferatu Warren exit, the museum has a freight exit near the back and a side exit which leads into the alley.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Looks like the back is gonna be our best bet." Danny texts the info to the van, avoiding the word 'museum' as a precaution in case either end was compromised. "If security isn't going down, at least try to remember where these cameras are and try not to face them. I can go out the front and throw off the cop if you think we need it, but either way we need to get our asses moving."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex spends a few minutes inside with the store clerk before coming to the conclusion that it doesn't appear that any cops were coming and the clerk didn't seem to be in much of a hurry to give them a call. Assuming his feigned interest was successful, he started heading out of the store, realizing quickly that both Bulldog and Danny weren't around.

    He stepped outside and was looking around when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Pulling it out, he quickly skims through the text from Danny, and then with a quick look around to double check no one obvious was watching, he ran to the van. Jumping in, he turned the key as he looked back to Lizzy. "Looks like they tried to get something from the tapes." He didn't wait for a response before throwing the van into drive and pulling it around the block to park it behind the museum.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "All right, let's go through the back then". Max puts yhe security system through an automatic restart process, hopefully giving them a few minutes.

    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Intelligence & Security[/quote]

    Intelligence & Security[/quote]:
    4d10o10h8 3 [4d10o10h8=8, [10, 1], 9, 1]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The recording devices are put on an effective loop, preventing the cameras from keeping track of the group's exit, though it's unsure if anyone is going to be following up on that, given the interior's devastated appearance. The place was clearly evacuated in a hurry, as no small amount of priceless artifacts have been left out in plain sight, likely still pending their new exhibits.
    Max and any other Toreador who accompanied the group inside should make a Self Control+Willpower roll, or expend a temporary willpower to resist.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke has remained outside, and has moved to engage the cop in small talk.

    "I remember when this neighborhood..." Deke opens.
    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 for Presence + Charisma + Etiquette

    Deke's not cop talking, per se, but he's going to try to keep the cop interested in where the conversation is going.

    Presence + Charisma + Etiquette:
    6d10o10h8 4 [6d10o10h8=7, 4, [10, 4], 7, [10, 5], [10, 9]]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 for WIllpower+ Self Control

    WIllpower+ Self Control:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=8, 5, 5, 1, 8, 4]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "You from the museum? Shame about what happened to the place... hell if I know what happened. Probably some terrorists. Got no respect, I tell ya." The beat cop takes the bait, and he appears genuinely clueless about both what happened and what's currently happening to the museum.

    @Fencingsax
    That's such a marvelous sculpture that the museum has left unattended. You literally can't take your eyes off it.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Noticing Max's distracted state, Danny grabs him by the collar and starts pulling him toward the exit. "Maybe you should focus on like the back of my head or something."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog assists Danny by grabbing Max and throwing him over his shoulder, and then heading toward the freight exit in the back to meet Alex.
    Apologies, I forgot to make an IC post to this effect.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke keeps the cop busy while the team exfiltrates the museum. The cop somehow hasn't even remarked on how overdressed Deke is for the neighborhood.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Leaving the museum behind appears easy enough, the freight area is completely unguarded, though also poorly lit. It doesn't seem like a safe place to linger.

    @Ardent
    The officer is questioning his ties to the museum, and how he answers that could affect how believable his storytelling is.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny gets in the vehicle quickly. "We need somewhere private to go over the footage we pulled and to decide what to do with whatever we learn, unless one of you has a laptop. Somewhere noone will come looking for us." He pulls out the new phone to finish setting it up. "*cough*Newcar*cough*"

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods at the cop's suggestions. "I think my family participates in the fundraisers. Personally, I am a fan of museums in general. I hope to design and maybe curate one," he says. "Big dreams, right?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Yeah, well I wouldn't curate one in this shithole if I were you." As if on cue, the officer's dash radio goes off... as does the van's radio. "All units, robbery suspect is still loose. Witness testimony claims others were on the scene..." The dispatch then proceeds to describe everyone in the coterie that was at the convenience store.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy sat in the back of the van, going through her phone. If she had enough of a social media presence that this crew of half-wits could find her, maybe Kenneth would have one as well. At least enough that someone somewhere might have seen something odd.
    Geth roll 2d10o10h8 for long shot social media apps

    long shot social media apps:
    2d10o10h8 0 [2d10o10h8=5, 3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    As far as can be determined, either Kenneth had no social media presence... or you just have no clue what alias(es) he might have used.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex taps the wheel anxiously as most of the group climbs in. They are still missing one person, however, as Deke wasn't with the group they picked up back. They would need to swing around and find him, but al out as if fate read his mind, the radio sprung to life. "Shit," The words slip out of the Toreador's mouth immediately, "I am getting real sick of us being known on sight no matter where we go."

    Shifting the van into drive, Alex pulls out slowly, trying to appear nonchalant as they head down the street. "Someone get a hold of Deke, get him to a corner nearby. We need to get out of this part of town, lime yesterday."

    sorry, holiday week and all that.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny pauses, looking to each of the others. He sends a quick text to Deke, directing him to meet them a couple of blocks away. He returns his attention to his previous activity.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    As soon as the disposable phone is configured, it flickers to life with an unread text message.

    Along with everyone else's phones, from a number that only displays as 'UNKNOWN'. "Let the artist go. You have bigger problems."

    Not long after, the police radio crackles with an officer's panicked voice. "Dispatch, officer down, I repeat, officer d-" A loud explosion engulfs the rest of the remark in a hail of static.

    The dispatch is trying to remain calm, but seeming to have a hard time of it. "All units, be advised, explosion reported near 7th and Main. Possible terrorist activity suspected."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
Sign In or Register to comment.