The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

1222325272830

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The number of trains running at the late hour is significantly reduced, as is the amount of people frequenting the station, but it still has a decent amount of traffic. The requested meeting point is halfway down the line, making it well out of visual range of the stairs leading down into the station proper.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "If either of you want to take point on this one you're more than welcome to it. Otherwise, let's get this thing moving." Danny starts his approach, all senses alert for trouble.
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perception-Alertness-Auspex

    Perception-Alertness-Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 2 [8d10o10h8=2, 2, [10, 6], 6, [10, 3], 7, 3, 1]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited July 21
    The hooded figure waiting between the opposing lines is suspicious enough. His pale aura is a dead giveaway. The man beside him, wearing an immaculate three piece suit, seems even more out of place.
    Geth, roll 7d10o10h8 for Obfuscate+Wits+Stealth.

    The two appear alone.

    Obfuscate+Wits+Stealth:
    7d10o10h8 4 [7d10o10h8=4, [10, 10, 7], 6, 9, 6, 5, 8]

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy slips from the van and looks around. Surely these two weren't it. She had messed with Nos plenty of times, they were likely surrounded. She gave the area a scan, paying special attention to the roof tops and alleyways. She kinda wished she could at least be in the shadows, it was were she and the Nos both were the most comfortable.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception 3, Alertness 2, Auspex 1

    Perception 3, Alertness 2, Auspex 1:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=2, 6, [10, 8], 5, 8, 2]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog kept his concealable weapons with him and left the duffel bag with his ax in the van. Slipping a clip with extra incendiary ammunition into his pocket, he got out of the van and took point. Better to let the the Nos keep their focus on him, he could at least provide a distraction if Liz and Danny needed to slip into the shadows.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke settles in with the other Toreador, adjusting his collars and lapels, generally looking impatient.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited July 21
    The man in the hood waits for the roar of a train to pass, and then the gleam of fangs can be seen as Emmett grins. "Well, you left pretty boy at home, it seems. A shame. I had a gift for him." The Nosferatu reaches into one of his pockets and tosses Bobby a small container that's around the size of a music box. "Give that to him with my regards. As for your friend..." He motions to the man in the suit, who appears catatonic. Kenneth's eyes are open, but they seem to be staring off at a fixed point across from him, as if he were in torpor yet somehow able to stay on his feet. "He's all yours. Now, do we have any further business? Otherwise, I consider ours to be concluded."

    @AustinP0027
    Where do you park the vehicle? And do you and the others wait inside or outside?

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "What the hell did you do to him?
    And it better not be permanent or your situation is going to be grim!"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "He'll recover in a night's time, or so. Give or take. Call it insurance, last thing we want is things getting... messy."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited July 23
    Bulldog nodded, "How much will he know about what happened when he snaps out of it?"

    Judging from the fact that they had put the whammy on Kenneth, the biker assumed the Senesheal would remember exactly who had kidnapped him, but any flexibility would help them.

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "That remains to be seen. He's a fairly clever fellow, so I hear. I imagine he'll be no more scatter-brained than usual. Now, if that's quite all..." Emmett begins to depart, seeming uneasy. "The night is still young, and much is to be done."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I had a post written up describing my answer, but then it got eaten, so....

    Parked in a nearby side alley, Alex stands beside the car with the door open (for quick entry). I would think one person would likely sit inside in the back, and another would mirror Alex in the front. Passenger door open, but standing outside the car.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    From outside the parked vehicle, the heavy approach of solid boots would likely go unheard. The rapping of a shotgun's dual barrels striking against the glass likely won't.

    A certain Brujah sheriff is waiting for the window to be rolled down, as calmly as her patience allows her, which isn't very. "So tell me, wheelman; how many rat heads do I get to bash in downstairs? Just an estimate."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 24
    "Patience may be a virtue here, Sheriff. We are completing the tasks given to us by our illustrious Prince. If we go in guns blazing, many may die. Undie. Redie?"

    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Charisma-Leadership.

    Charisma-Leadership:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=8, 6, [10, 7], 1, 1, 5]

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    As alert as Alex had been trying to be, it took everything he had for the unexpected tap on his window, and sudden appearance of the Sheriff, to keep the string of profanity that was rolling through his head from leaking out of his mouth. Just when things looked like they were taking a turn in our favor....

    Max chimed in first, but Alex was following up immediately. "We are in a position to get Kenneth back, Sheriff. To do that, though, I need you to stay up here until it's concluded. If you go down there, he's likely not making it, and I know everyone in this van has a vested interest in ensuring that he makes it out safely. Please, just let us finish this, and get him back."
    Geth, roll 8d10o10h8 for Cha+Empathy+Presence

    Cha+Empathy+Presence:
    8d10o10h8 3 [8d10o10h8=6, 1, 8, 4, 7, [10, 10, 5], 4, 4]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke didn't say anything, allowing the other two to handle it. He glanced over at the sheriff to acknowledge that he'd seen her, but didn't bother to do anything more than that.

    He was, however, furiously texting his Nosferatu contact with the phone still in his pocket. [Boss in peril. Sheriff upstairs. Violence imminent. Stalling for time.]
    Geth, roll 4d10o10h8 for Celerity + Dex + Subterfuge

    Celerity + Dex + Subterfuge:
    4d10o10h8 3 [4d10o10h8=[10, 6], 8, 8, 6]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Sandra tenses for a moment, narrows her eyes with teeth gritted, then relents, lowering the weapon to her side. "Fine. The Seneschal returns, and the night can go as planned. If he doesn't, or if I see that scar-faced fuck, you best get out of my way if you don't want to wind up eating his lead dinner."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny was eager to get moving, so he took it upon himself to act as support for Kenneth. "I got him." He looks to the departing Emmett. "I doubt it counts for much to you, but thanks, this says a lot to me personally about the kind of guy you are." or at least it was a step in the right direction. Danny was already bracing himself for the knife in the back, but building up some good will took the edge off a little. "You have our numbers." He moved to leave with the others.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Yeah we're done here, thanks." Bulldog said, stuffing the box into one of his jacket pockets. The biker then helped Danny support Kenneth, glancing around as they walked away.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Splendid. Don't call us, we'll call you." Emmett's partly obscured visage offers the slightest of bows, gestures with a hand, and he vanishes into the shadows.

    Escorting a 'drunk' out of the station is a perfectly normal occurrence even in broad daylight, so no one appears to pay Kenneth or his 'escorts' any mind. He seems capable moving for the most part, though it's more of a directionless shuffle.

    The vehicle, of course, has an additional guest waiting, and Sandra levels her gun on instinct the moment she hears the other half the coterie arriving. "..." Then she sees the Seneschal and snarls, as if disappointed, before bringing the firearm down. "You didn't save any, I'm guessing."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "We didn't kill any of them.
    Anyone who wants to fight them on their turf is dim."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "The subway ain't the same as the warrens, sweetheart. But whatever, you all do you. You better hope I'm not at court if you plan on bringing a pet rat along." She motions at the catatonic Seneschal with the firearm. "Fuck's up with him? And you all down to play chaperone the rest of the night?"

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Subway or not, they still have the advantage of already being in a hiding place.
    You'll be walking in their killing field and out in open space.
    I know you desire to flex your muscles, but suicidal charges aren't going to help you.
    Unless you want to go and get yourself slew."
    Elizabeth looks over at Kenneth.
    "It seems that have given him a whammy of some kind.
    But I was unaware that the Rats could scramble other's minds."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "That makes two of us. Sounds like something you and the loons would be more familiar with. Well, if you fuck up, it's your asses now. Get him back at Elysium by dawn, I'm sure she'll think of something." If there's no further objections, Sandra moves away from the van, holsters the shotgun on the side of a waiting motorbike, and speeds off down the road.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny watches the Sheriff depart. "Fancy running into her here. Some coincidence right?" He hefts the seneschal into the vehicle. "I'm kind of inclined to just make a straight shot for Elysium, minimize the number of ambushes waiting for us. But. It's like what you were saying, we don't know what our boy will have to say for himself when he gets back." Danny snapped his fingers in front of Kenneth's eyes. "Whaddaya say buddy? Pretty eager to start a war after that little debacle, right?" He seats himself in the vehicle properly. "Sheriff has a point. It's not my forté personally, but it might be time to pay someone from Clan Malkavian a visit." He looks to Lizzy. "Anyone you trust? Wanna try it yourself?"

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max helps them load Kenneth into the van. "Do you think anyone else is following us? Because that could get... inconvenient quite quickly."

    "We do need to know what he has to say. You never ask a question in court you don't know the answer to"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex nods and reiterates as he slides into the driver seat. "Agreed. So we need a safe place to stash him, and someone we can trust to snap him out of this in the meantime?" An involuntary shiver runs down Alex's spine as his brain catches up to realize how close they were to things possibly going very badly with the Sheriff showing up, an event that raised a whole slew of additional questions as well.

    "Did we get anything else out of this meeting? Did they even hint at what they might have done to him so that we know what we're looking for?"

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy looked around the area, scanning for the familiar hobo.

    "I don't deal with Kindred really.
    Especially when our clan can be tricky.
    But we are being tracked, that is known
    Be it the van, our weapons, clothes, or phones."
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Perception+Alertness

    Perception+Alertness:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=4, [10, 2], 2, 6, 8]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    For once, there is no sign of the ever-present vagrant. Either it's not his part of town, or he has other affairs to attend to.

    The catatonic Seneschal seems to react slightly to the finger snapping, if only a subtle twitch. He seems to be coming out of the conscious torpor state, albeit very gradually.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The wayward Malkavian is, however, lurking outside the Music Hall. By the time of the coterie's arrival, Kenneth seems to be approaching full consciousness, and has taken to muttering in vague broken sentences. Whatever hospitality he was subjected to, it doesn't seem to have been pleasant.


    @Ardent
    Upon receiving the package from Bobby, you find a police badge, a contact number, and a pair of broken fangs.
    With my regards, pretty boy. Call the debt paid. His name is Stewart, works cold cases mostly. Beggers can't be choosers.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy spots the hobo and makes for him.
    "So the Nos have done something to him mentally.
    I didn't think they could do that, personally.
    So who of our clan might be working with those rats?
    And would you know where they might be at?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Bit late to be out drinking, isn't?" Miser gestures to the disoriented Seneschal, despite having a paper bagged 40 oz in his hand. "Hmm. Doesn't seem to be Dementia. You'd have to ask the Nos, I suppose. If I didn't know better, I'd guess blood magic." The old man pauses, then takes a pointed sip. "But then again, I don't."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny got the impression Miser chose his words a bit too carefully. Nothing that could be considered an outright lie, but still... They knew Miser had some sort of relationship with the Nosferatu, but Danny still wasn't sure if Miser was aligned with them or playing both sides.
    Not expecting much from this,
    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Perception and Empathy

    Perception and Empathy:
    4d10o10h8 1 [4d10o10h8=3, 2, 9, 7]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    You definitely don't see the sparkles of madness involved in whatever caused Kenneth's ailment, so in that, the Primogen speaks truth. He doesn't appear to be hiding anything, he's likely just as uncertain as you. You wouldn't be able to discern any Thaumaturgical cause without a professional's aid.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "We'll keep that in mind. Thanks." Danny takes Kenneth by the shoulder. "Might as well get this over with. I'm going to get our boy out of the street."
    He starts towards the entrance. In a hushed tone he speaks to the Seneschal. "Don't know how much of you is in there right now buddy-boy, but I want to give you one last little bit of food for thought. I don't believe for one second that the Nictuku being out and about here and now is an accident or a coincidence. So ask yourself who and why. If it's Julia, well, I guess that's just what her form of leadership looks like and we all need to come to terms with that, whatever the consequence. But if it's someone else, are you going to let your Prince be a pawn in their game, setting clan against clan, weakening both sides only for them to come in and sweep the board? Be smart, because all eyes are on what happens next."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The words seem to be the last straw in terms of jarring the Seneschal from his respite. He takes a moment before speaking, pausing to survey the hustle of downtown, before fixing his attention on Danny with a smile. "Let it be known that while I appreciate your assistance, it's not my place to decide such matters. But do know that however this chess game plays out, the Queen is well aware of what side is opposed to her interests... and she does not suffer fools or traitors lightly, my friend. I suggest you bear that in mind, because I do not desire either you or yours to be caught in the crossfire." With that, Kenneth bows his head in a formal display of gratitude, before heading inside. "The undertaking should be a marvelous display to behold."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Seeing Kenneth's recovery, a thought hits Elizabeth like a ton of bricks. They are being played. Of course the Nos couldn't mess with his mind like Malkavians because his mind was never messed with. That mean Kenneth was working with the Nosferatu. Lizzy left feeling sick. She had fought against the Cams before and thought she knew their tricks. Or maybe she was just rusty. She had left vampire society for almost a decade. Either way, she knew someone might be interested in this.

    Before the night was done, and Lizzy was back in her apartment, she sented an email to Sybil, explaining what she had seen and what she thought about it. Then she laid down in her bed, wondering what unholy hell waited for them tomorrow night.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog asked Alex to drive everyone that wanted a ride to their pads and helped Deke unload the leftover incendiary ammunition at the Opticon. After dropping off Alex, Bulldog drove the cursed SUV back to the crashpad with his chopper. He left it there, then drove to the pad where he had parked his damaged van, planning to get it repaired the next night. The biker was tired of getting tracked, and he suspected that the SUV itself was at least one of the ways they were so easily followed.

    Before retiring, Bulldog called his sire Nat Vonner. He hoped to get a feel for how the clan, and his sire in particular, felt about the brewing conflict, without giving away his own feelings on the situation. It wasn't that hard, the biker was still confused about the mess himself.

    The next night Bulldog got his van fixed at a local chop shop, paying extra to speed thing up. The biker then went hunting.
    I haven't quite decided what to do with my xp.
    How much would it cost to get an out of clan discipline?
    Do we need to get trained in it from a vampire that has it?
    I was considering getting Auspex or Resiliience. Either that or increasing both firearms and subterfuge to 3, that might be smarter.

    Geth, roll 6d10o10h7 (Charisma3+Subterfuge2+Mentor1) to see what Nat and the Brujah think about the brewing conflict.
    Geth, roll 6d10o10h7 (Charisma3+Streetwise1+Resources2) to get my van repaired at a local chopshop, quickly.
    Geth, roll 8d10o10h7 (Strength5+Intimidation2+Herd3) to feed from my Herd via physical intimidation.

    (Charisma3+Subterfuge2+Mentor1) to see what Nat and the Brujah think about the brewing conflict.:
    6d10o10h7 2 [6d10o10h7=8, 2, 2, 6, 1, 9]
    (Charisma3+Streetwise1+Resources2) to get my van repaired at a local chopshop, quickly.:
    6d10o10h7 4 [6d10o10h7=7, 7, [10, 6], 9, 3, 3]
    (Strength5+Intimidation2+Herd3) to feed from my Herd via physical intimidation.:
    8d10o10h7 4 [8d10o10h7=2, 4, [10, 1], 7, 1, [10, 7], 5, 4]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Boozer
    Your sire, unsurprisingly, gives around zero fucks about Camarilla politics right now. Going full Anarch is being more tempting by the minute, though you can't tell if it's a serious suggestion. Put a gun to his head, and he'd trust the Nos before he'd trust a Warlock. You don't have to even give him the full story, he's in the know.

    Repairing the van proves simple enough, as does the feeding effort. Nothing unusual stands out to the repair crew, though you doubt finding bugs in a van is the average mechanic's specialty.

    Regarding the disciplines, it's an extra XP per point in an out-of-clan, and yes, you need a mentor, though 'normal' Disciplines are easy enough to find a mentor for. Try to learn, say, Thaumaturgy or Dementation, and he's not going to have an easy time.

    @Maclay
    Roll an Investigation and a Stealth roll please.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Since Boozer posted his in-thread I will too.
    The last few nights had been rough and Danny didn’t foresee the coming ones being much better. It was only a matter of time before he would have to officially come down on one side or another and frankly, he wasn’t a big fan of any of them. Safest bet was to stick with the newly formed coterie, might mean he could dodge making the decision himself. Meanwhile, it was uncertain when he would next be able to ‘rejuvenate’ on his own terms. Better to get it out of the way now.
    Danny pulled out his notes. He hadn’t had time to put in any investigation into new targets, but there were still a couple of less than notable characters who would work in a pinch. In particular, there was one young gent who seemed to lack any meaningful associations who ought to be in the middle of doing his laundry right about now. If he kept to his routine at least.
    Danny made his way to a solitary location along the target’s route and waited.
    This is where Danny’s investigatory efforts come into play, did he research his target both thoroughly and recently enough? This’ll be Investigation/Intelligence I think:
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Investigation
    If that works out I need to try and take him unnoticed so stealth roll with my newly upgraded Obfuscation:
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Stealth

    Investigation:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=2, 8, 3, 8, [10, 1], 1]
    Stealth:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=6, 4, [10, 4], 8, 6, 2]

Sign In or Register to comment.