The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12426282930

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Maclay
    You manage to take your target unaware and claim your fill, though not long after he stumbles away, he snaps out of the feeding reverie and hurries out of sight, screaming something about a monster. You swear he never saw you coming, and yet you can hear his fading voice raving about a demonic specter and a voice in his head. On the bright side, as far as you can tell, no one is paying him any mind, apart from a motorist yelling at him to get out of the road.

    And yes, personally I prefer things like that be posted IC, since it'll likely come down to being resolved here anyway. Even if it's something that needs to be kept secret from the coterie, I don't think metagaming is a real concern.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
    Maclay
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The next evening, there's more positive news to be found taking up the media's time. At least compared to the night before.

    "The missing person search for Kenneth Mauricio has been called off today. He held a press conference earlier this evening, announcing his plans for a new sewer renovation project. We go now to prerecorded footage."

    The footage shows a press conference, likely being held at a fundraising banquet, and Kenneth is at a podium, flanked by a few vaguely familiar local politicians.

    "There have long been complaints about the lack of safety within our dear city's sewers. Our citizens have voiced concern about defective drainage systems, unchecked pest and rodent infestations, and general disrepair. As such, I have personally contributed funding to both independent and government construction teams to identify these key areas of concern and have them repaired within a month's time. The preliminary investigations have already begun, so I please ask for our citizens to take care when approaching sites under construction. Please keep your distance for the safety of yourselves and our dedicated workers. Thank you."

    The footage ends, and the reporter takes over. "Some local organizations have questioned why a patron of the arts has taken such an interest in sewage systems, but Mr. Mauricio insists that he wants to contribute to all facets of making New York a better city. We can only hope this doesn't hold up traffic more than the usual." With a beaming smile, the reporter goes off camera, and the news shifts to local interviews about the rampant 'gang warfare' from the previous evening.

    The locals being interviewed all seem like they're keeping to the same story, and no one even hints at having seen a raging creature laying waste to buildings.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 20
    Max texts the group

    "Well, they convinced him to pay for the home upgrades, at least. When are we meetingH?"

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke is studying the fangs Emmett included with the new cops' strings. It's hard to tell what to make of Emmett, who seems to play curveball in an otherwise straight game. Without access to a Sire who is willing to talk to him, he's unlikely to be able to make discrete inquiries about the fangs.

    Max' text comes in and he chuckles, knowing his brother will be angling for some of the contracts on the sewer upgrades, as ugly work is still work and keeping the subcontractors gainfully employed means fewer delays on the next tower project.

    He decides Max' text is a decent prompt to go hunting, and carefully deposits the fangs in his interior jacket pocket. The Opticon is still bustling at this time of night and Deke carefully marks a handful of hotel guests who appear to be alone. Despite his amateurish attempts at stealth, he manages to tail and isolate one in short order.
    Geth, roll 8d10o10h8 for Dex/Celerity + Stealth + Domain

    Dex/Celerity + Stealth + Domain:
    8d10o10h8 1 [8d10o10h8=3, 1, 2, 6, 8, 7, 2, 1]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Ardent
    The feeding is far from ideal. The target you've selected seems to have company coming, so you wind up hightailing it before your cover gets blown. You manage to get some sustenance, but hardly a full dose. (I estimate he is currently at around 8/15 blood, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

    Deke has several contacts he could reach out to for aid with the fangs, despite his sire's perpetual absence. Kenneth and any Toreador are likely glad to be of assistance, if no one else. The Tremere hopefully go without saying, depending on his approach.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max heads to the brokerage. He needs to give an update to the Firm.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Despite the fact that his caution thus far had been less than fruitful, Danny picked up a couple more cheap phones anyway. Grabbing a cab into Manhattan, he spent the trip setting them up as replacements for communication with his sire and Ana. He sent them each a short text so that they would have the new numbers and to let them know his current status. He headed for Times Square, hoping to get lost in the crowd until everyone decided where they wanted to meet.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke texts the coterie and lets them know he's going to Elysium. He asks after Kenneth at the door, hoping the Toreador primogen is available with his schedule still in shambles.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited August 23
    The ugly atmosphere at Elysium has somewhat died down with the Seneschal's resurfacing, but there's still an undercurrent of tension, and it seems to stem from the expectation that something be done in return.

    As for the Seneschal himself, requesting his presence instead results in a former Harpy's passive approach. "Why yes, he does have his old job back, thanks for asking." Sybil appears none-too-pleased about the musical chair nature of her role in the city's politics. "I can deal without having a target slapped on my back, I suppose. What's your business with Mister K, pretty boy?" One would assume smoking isn't allowed in Elysium, and it definitely wouldn't be at the RCMH under regular circumstances, yet there she is, doing it anyway.

    @Fencingsax
    Sarasvat herself happens to be in attendance, though she's on the phone when you approach her office. She makes a 'hold on' motion before cutting it short with a series of passive consenting remarks. "I hear you and yours are playing soft ball diplomacy. I hope you know it's only a matter of time before bullets start flying?" She gestures for you to take a seat before downing a shot of some reddened liquid. "You all should have a plan for when that happens, or at least a hole to hide in."

    @Maclay
    The text to your sire, unsurprisingly, goes unanswered, though Ana mentions something about being occupied with a social gathering. She doesn't specify where unless pressed.

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 23
    "We are doing our best to prevent that, but yes, tensions are running high. We are trying to thread the needle at this point, but who knows how that will work. Hopefully, we'll get some forewarning before the real trouble starts."

    Max briefs her on what went on, especially Kenneth's condition and where he was found.

    "I imagine I am expected at Elysium, and I don't need the prince to send for me as she did our... musically inclined partner."

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "If I know her, they're planning something as we speak. Unless you really think an art mogul suddenly took an interest in sewer renovation to broaden his horizons. It's coming to a boil, and soon." Sarasvat begins looking through her contacts. "The real question will be where the neutrals place their chips. That's always the interesting part."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke gives Sybil a glance, but ignores her prodding. "I have a question for him as Primogen, if he's got time," the young Toreador replies. He gives Sybil a look. "Would you like to go dancing? Maybe not tonight, but...?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex took time before heading to the Elysium to identify a place to feed. The area around his apartment had plenty of upscale bars where the sons and daughters of the rich found themselves drinking to excess, indifferent to any potential consequences given their parents ability to get them out of most situations with a little financial prodding. And so, Alex had a couple different places he could regularly attend, his local fame being enough to get him in the door, but with a large enough pool of quarry that rotated frequently that he could lower the odds of a pattern appearing with the person he left with. And so, Alex searched for his prey, male or female, it didn't matter to him. Specifically, he was looking for someone who he could charm or flirt to leave the bar, and was chemically incapacitated enough (by alcohol or other means) that he could lead them to a secluded place to feed, and assume they wouldn't remember enough to put the pieces together.
    Sorry, RL blasted me yesterday (sick kids)

    Geth, roll 9d10o10h8 for Feeding (Char4+Subterfuge2+Presence2+Domain1)

    Feeding (Char4+Subterfuge2+Presence2+Domain1):
    9d10o10h8 3 [9d10o10h8=8, 4, 3, 2, 6, 7, 9, 8, 6]

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    The began for Lizzy like it always did. Download the top 40 hits on to her phone while she shower, and once she was dressed in something that was a mix of Wall Street and Pink Floyd's The Wall, she set out to her routine. She had tried not to fall into one when she first arrived to New York, a practice she had kept from her old rebel days. But time grinds everyone down and it was hard to keep finding new ways to go to work without it becoming a chore. Lizzy looked at the message that Max had sent. Oh? she thought as her old instincts kicked in. She had seen it before. If Kenneth wasn't about to renovate the sewers, he had just declared war. She send a text back. "You are so far off the mark. I'll tell you why when we meet. Which is where?"

    While she waited for the reply, she figured she was going to need lunch. Lucky that Williamsburg was full of young people who lacked common sense.
    So I think Lizzy is going to try to persuade someone to go with her to "help" her out.
    So Manipulation (3), Subterfuge (1)...

    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for lunch

    lunch:
    4d10o10h8 3 [4d10o10h8=9, 8, 2, 8]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    After he finished feeding, Bulldog gave his own van the once over, on the off chance he could find any bugs.

    After getting the texts from the rest if the Crew, Bulldog decided to head toward Elysium as well. He wasn't looking forward to some potentially difficult questions, but didn't want to leave the rest of the Crew hanging if things popped off.
    Geth, roll 4d10o10h7 (Wits3+Investigation1) to check his Van for bugs.

    bugs:
    4d10o10h7 0 [4d10o10h7=2, 3, 3, 1]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    After a notable period of time has passed Danny scans the vicinity for signs of undue, unnatural attention. He starts making his way to Elysium on foot, having no other particular destination in mind.
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perception, Alertness & Auspex

    Perception, Alertness & Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 1 [8d10o10h8=4, 5, 3, 4, 7, 8, 6, 3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Ardent
    "Primogen's upstairs, probably working on his 'endeavors' with the boss. I'd just knock first." Then the second question registers, and Sybil stares back at Deke as if he'd started speaking Swahili. "Uh... That's flattering, but to be frank... Why?" She clearly expects that there's business involved, or more likely, a need of some kind.

    @AustinP0027
    You successfully sweet talk a local college student into an unoccupied corner booth, and after claiming your fill, you leave him disoriented from what he'll likely chalk up to one hell of a drunken makeout session.
    (Incidentally, I flipped a coin to determine gender.)

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    It doesn't take much to lure an overly eager skater punk away from a nearby park. You leave him blacked out on a park bench, though you have the faintest idea that you hear someone laughing as you walk away. When you turn back, the kid is gone without a trace.

    @Boozer
    You still can't make heads or tails of what the van is hiding, if anything. If it is bugged, they did a damn good job of hiding it.

    Any late comers reach Elysium just in time to see Deke presumably making moves on the former Harpy, though it's unclear if he's having any luck or is on the verge of having a cigarette put out in his eye.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods, glancing upstairs. "You said it yourself. You just got a target slapped on your back. A little fun can't hurt." He lets her consider that. "No angles, no strings. Unless I owe you?" He raises an eyebrow, then heads upstairs to find Kenneth, knocking on the Seneschal's office door and waiting.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "...I'll give it some thought." Sybil leaves it at that, returning to her smoking and whoever else might be in attendance worth tending to. If the actual Harpy wasn't there yet, at least she could act her former role.


    "Yes, come in." The office door is unlocked, but after answering, Kenneth returns to an ongoing conversation. "I'm well aware it's dangerous. You aren't being paid for excuses, you're being paid to seal the tunnel down."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max follows Deke in, and waits quietly for the reply. He can't help but make a face at what he just saw, but fortunately, Deke isn't looking anywhere near him. He steps up after Deke knocks and says "Well, time to see how bad it is. Hopefully, we haven't missed our chance to run"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke steps into Kenneth's office. "Primogen," he says, letting Kenneth know it's Clan business. "I was offered these as...compensation. I'm afraid my sire is...distant, so I'm not sure what this means."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    While Danny notes the other members of the coterie on the premises he chooses not to approach them at this stage. Instead he plants himself in a position near the exit to watch out for trouble and hopefully be able to make a quick escape should it be required. Elysium was supposed to be a safe space, but Danny wasn't sure how well that was going to hold up if the Prince decided they weren't on the same side anymore.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Very well, I'll expect results." Kenneth's cold tone is replaced with a sudden warm shift as he beckons Deke in. "Good evening. I never did have the opportunity to offer my thanks to you and yours. Please do so with my regards."

    He looks to the offering, hesitating briefly before taking one of the fangs up and looking it over. "Well, I can't discern much just from appearances. Thankfully, I know someone who can. One who would be expecting an update regarding last night, no doubt. As I'm not one to step on her toes, I trust you and the rest should do that soon. Otherwise she'll make a more... direct request."

    There is a pause, then he smiles, looking between Max and Deke. "But just between us of the rose, I am obligated to ask. Why did you not scatter that rat's ashes to the wind? Your regard for my safety is appreciated, of course, but I might not have trusted in that had our positions been reversed. I do not hold their dealing etiquette in high regard."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    After successfully rejuvenating his supply, Alex makes the trek to the Elysium. There is hesitancy in open the door to enter given the previous night's events, but after a moment to gather himself, the Toreador forces himself to join others in gathering inside. He seeks Deke and Max heading upstairs and out of sight, but doesn't follow them. Instead, he positions himself near the stairwell and surveys the room.

    His eyes find Danny perched near and an exit, and he waits for the other vampire to look his way and gives a slight nod. At the moment, it probably isn't too great of an idea to group up just yet, it would be good to "feel the room out" before they took any actions as a group. Alex's formal position, however, meant he needed to be visible in case there were any requests made of him. Bulldog would likely be in the same situation, so the blonde vampire made a note to seek him out when he arrived.

    Otherwise, he stood perched against the stairwell, grabbing a drink from a servant passing by and sipping idly as he waited for the others to arrive.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke considers the question for a moment, then addresses Kenneth. "It was a zero profit alternative," Deke replies. "There was nothing we could have been granted for it that would outweigh the potential future gains."

    The young vampire shrugs. "I wouldn't say I trust them. But logic must dictate their actions or they'd be treated like Malkavians," he notes. "They were expecting very little out of the exchange; they got their incendiary rounds to fight their demon. But they destroyed one of my cultivated allies because they didn't trust us to deliver. Letting them skate reinforces that trust."

    He folds his arms across his chest and nods towards Max. "Emmett knows better than to believe the line of crap we fed him about your lack of ambition, but it may have occurred to him that making allies within the Rose will surprise all other parties."

    "I hope you contacted Thurmond about bidding on those contracts, Primogen. The work will be welcome and I can probably shave some of the overhead off by doing the design work myself," Deke adds.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited August 29
    "Hey, Harpy-elect. Your posse's up having a heart-to-heart... so to speak... with your boss." Sybil approaches Alex, having doused out what was left of the cigarette in the glass of a passing ghoul. "I'm surprised you all haven't made a go at the Princedom yet. Hell, there's more artistes in the city now than there are Nossies. Emmett would probably be retching somewhere if he knew. Probably is anyway."


    Elsewhere, Kenneth seems pleased by Deke's answer. "You speak wisely, for one whose interests lie more in realty than politics. Perhaps you should consider acting as Primogen in my stead, as tradition typically dictates that one foregoes their former position once moving up the ladder. Though yes... I suppose Emmett may have some use yet. Doubtful we'll be seeing an influx of Nosferatu neonates anytime soon for him to initiate into the city. Pity." No love lost there, as Kenneth appears inquisitive. "Thurmond? The name doesn't ring a bell. But if you refer to the sewer... upkeep, well. Let's just say that's a most dangerous contract. Are you certain it's one you wish for your affiliates to be involved with? I hear it is... rather messy work."

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy makes it to the Elysium later than the rest. She walks in with headphones in her ears listening through the songs she downloaded, hoping something would give her a clue to her sire's whereabouts or even that she's alive. She spots Sybil among those in the main hall and gives her a nod, before finding a spot to listen to the rest of the songs.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Good evening Sybil" Alex responds, not bothering to look up to where he had already seen Deke and Danny disappear to. Knowing what they were doing was of interest, but that doesn't mean he should be stomping up there to intrude on their conversation. "Politics is an interesting game, but it can be rather boring. I'll leave those pursuits to others who are more suited to that life. I tend lean more towards the entertainment." He smiles broadly, before continuing "And how are you this fine evening?"

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods. "You know of my father. Thurmond is my older brother, the one focused on actually developing the business while my father is out golfing and being a clown," the Neonate replies. "Braithwaite Ltd. is set up to act as a general contractor, meaning we'd be selling on the services of other construction outfits. The exposure on our end would be limited."

    "I'll think on your other offer, Primogen," Deke adds. "I'd need your support to maintain control, meaning you'd be able to rely on mine unequivocally. A precarious position."

    If Kenneth seems surprised by this Deke doesn't let the surprise last long. "To win in real estate you need to know how to play the game. Thurmond may be the shark, but no Braithwaite is a minnow."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog arrives at Elysium, feeling more naked than usual without any weapons. He glances around the room, noticing that the few that haven't gone up to speak to Kenneth are keeping away from each other.

    Bulldog decided to to the opposite, and do what he had always done at these things, hang out with the few folks he knew. He headed over to pay his respects to Sybil and Alex.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max perches in a corner, watching the rest of his fellows come in, and keeps an eye on them. They aren't nearly out of danger yet, and neutral ground is only neutral as long as it's convenient to the guy that owns it. He heads over to Sybil, half listening to the ensuing conversation, but not quite prepared to contribute, yet.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited August 29
    Sybil grins at Alex's 'boring' take on politics. "Good stance to have. It'll keep you alive longer. ...or dead. Whatever." Upon catching sight of Lizzy, Sybil waves her over. "How my evening will go remains to be seen. I'm expecting it to be dramatic." She then notices the Brujah. "Nice to see you in one piece, figured either you'd be full of holes by now... or some unfortunate rat would be. I heard about the subway. Nasty shit." The Ventrue's attention goes back to Lizzy. "If you gentlemen wouldn't mind, I think your ladyfriend there has some matters she wants to discuss? Unless she wants you boys along for the discussion."



    "Ah. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your brother." Kenneth takes a nearby stack of post-its from his desk, and jots down the name. "I assume he's not of the blood, so you'll forgive me if I don't make it a high priority. Perhaps over the phone, or whatever you find suitable. If you are truly interested in this 'contract', we can discuss this on a more in-depth level when the evening allows. As for your role here... If I thought you needed my support, friend, I would not suggest you for the position." He gives a cordial smile, before looking to Max. "Unless of course your comrade has taken a liking to the notion? A Whip in the making, perhaps."

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke shrugs. "Thurmond hasn't been Embraced, nor would it help if he were. I'm sure he'd love to get a call about the work."

    "Max is far more capable than he lets on, but I suspect his loyalties would not necessarily lie with me," the young vampire allows. "I am interested in bottom lines. The city is full of Roses of late. Who's pressuring you for the position? I'd like to know who to expect at my throat."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy comes over to the Harpy and takes her headphones off. The sound of some shitty top hip hop hit pours out as loud as it can from such tiny buds. She shakes her head at Sybil's suggested.
    "No, this is a bit of a more private matter
    I rather not have them around for the chatter."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex hesitates for a moment, deciding if he wants to potentially intrude on whatever Lizzy could possibly have to say to Sybil that the rest of them couldn't hear. He decides against it, but makes a mental note to watch a little more carefully. He doesn't see Lizzy as the type who would suck up to authority, so there likely isn't much concern of her being a mole for any particular group, but it wasn't particularly encouraging to have her keeping secrets either.

    Instead, Alex turns to Bulldog to greet him. "Hey Bulldog. Rough night huh. How long before you think we're summoned up?"

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max glances at Kenneth, considers the offer. Then he smiles "I appreciate the idea, but let's see whether I can survive prolonged contact with the court first, eh? I still sometimes feel like I don't know where we're going. But then I feel not many do. Maybe later, if the court doesn't chew me up and spit me out before I can truly accept"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Pressure? If only. There hasn't been any. No one is exactly jumping up and down for the position. In fact, prior to your coterie's arrival, we were on the outs in the city. Why do you think the Nosferatu had such a strong presence? As if a stronger Toreador presence would allow for a majority rule from such... filth."

    A disquieting clacking sound from the shadows gives Kenneth cause for hesitance, and he straightens. "Suffice to say, you would have little contention for the position, should you desire it. I suggest you give it some thought. Sleep on it, if you prefer. We have time. I believe we will be meeting soon to discuss recent... events. Until then, be at ease." Whatever interruption had originated from the shadows seems to have dissipated.


    "We'll take this outside, then. By your leave, Harpy." Sybil makes an exaggerated display of a parting wave before she leads Lizzy towards the far end of the stairwell. "I got the gist of your assumptions. Yeah, you're really off your rocker if you think Kenny would work with the rats. You'd sooner see Julia attending Sunday Mass at Salem. Beyond that, I hope you all have a real good plan, because bringing back her darling second is really ruffling some feathers, and not just with the Nos." Sybil lights up another cigarette. "I'm expecting a bloodbath, and not the fun kind."


    The response to Alex's question comes from an unexpected source. "I'd say about fifteen minutes." Miser motions at the balcony above with an indicative swing from his cane. "Just a hunch, heh." Judging from the scent rolling off his tattered clothing, he'd fit right in with the Nosferatu.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited August 31
    Bulldog smirked at Sybil's joke. "Thanks, yeah it was a dicey situation," he said, nodding in agreement.

    He watches as Liz and Sybil wander off to talk privately. "Glad to see Liz making freinds with someone," Bulldog said sarcastically.

    Turning to Alex Bulldog replied, "Yeah, yesterday was rough, that's for sure. I gotta feeling tonight'll give it a run for it's money."

    When Miser joined them, Bulldog made a point to give the Malkavian a bow. "Miser, always a pleasure. Any idea what's in store for us up there?"

    "Not too cryptic, I don't have a head for riddles on my good days," the Biker added with a chuckle.

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny didn't find Miser's arrival remotely reassuring. "Fantastic." He said quietly, before slowly moving to join Alex and Bulldog. He gave a slight nod to them, then continued to stand around awkwardly, waiting for things to go even further to crap.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy leans against a wall.
    "Nothing about last night made sense.
    He was acting like his mind was a past tense.
    Then his recovery once we got here, that was much too fast.
    Even if some Malkavian's discipline had been cast,
    He would have came out confused and dazed.
    And it's still odd that he's the one in charge of this craze."

    "We are getting played here, demons to the Fiddler's bow.
    And Kenneth is part of someone else's show.
    If I was going to find out if and how deep he was in with the rats
    Where would you think he'd have proof of that that?"

Sign In or Register to comment.