The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12425272930

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Nothing fun, kiddos. Nothing fun." Miser taps his cane against the floor in a rhythmic manner, seeming like he's anticipating it nonetheless. "But cheer up, m'boy." He smiles to Danny. "Not like she's gonna kill us. Pretty sure she's not. Hmm." He rests his weight on the hilt of the cane, as if considering that further.


    "You're placing a dangerous game there, girl. I sure wouldn't know. Best bet would be to ask him or the Nos, and if you're onto something there... which to be clear, the jury is very much still out on... you'd have a hell of a time finding out." She makes a show of exhaling a whiff of smoke, before flicking what's left out into the street.


    Soon afterward, the intercom inside the concession area crackles to life. "Good evening to all guests. Please gather in the orchestra section. The show will begin in five minutes, at which point the doors to the auditorium will be sealed." The message is clearly automated, and repeats once more before going silent. Miser seems even more amused as a result. "Well, she always did have a flair for the dramatic."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke proceeds to the auditorium at a languid pace, sliding through them right before they closed.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max heads for the doors. He watches everyone sitting down, and heads toward a couple of vamps he recognizes from the brokerage. He keeps the rest of his companions in sight.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny tries to keep some space between himself and the bulk of the 'audience' without drawing too much attention to it. He sits quietly, trying not to look too uncomfortable as the seats around him start to fill.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex silently heads to the auditorium. He feels nothing but unease as he enters, the feeling of someone waiting for the other shoe to drop down on top of their head. They had done a good thing, hadn't they? They returned the Seneschel to their Prince as requested. That should be something they were proud of and using to raise their standings in the city.

    If that was true, why did the Toreador feel dread?

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nodded at Miser's prediction, following Alex into the auditorium.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Whether Lizzy accompanies her or not, Sybil is among the last to enter, though she takes a seat near the back. Nearly every major player in the city appears to be there, though the Nosferatu are noticeably absent... or so it appears, at least.

    The doors to the exterior of the auditorium eventually close with a resounding slam. If it weren't for the curtains staying closed and the house lights remaining lit, it would appear a performance was about to get underway. Instead, Julia stands from a seat at the front row and turns to address those who have gathered.

    "Thank you for your attendance, everyone. I'll keep this brief. The Nosferatu have made their stance clear. Their blatant disregard for this city's safety, the organization of our government, and above all, the sanctity of the Masquerade, means there is only one way to respond. A show of force. Effective immediately, any and all Nosferatu in New York City have had their status stripped. The scourge and the sheriff have my personal leave to incapacitate them on sight and bring them before me to face judgment. If they refuse to come along willingly, they are to be destroyed. Now then, is there any opposition?"

    Going by the hail of chattering voices that results, there is definitely room for debate... but no one seems eager to be the first to argue the Prince's judgment. Most of the established faces in the city appear completely unfazed by Julia's proclamation. Sandra, in particular, seems delighted. If anyone gives off the impression of being less than pleased, it's Sybil, who's only reaction is that of lighting up another cigarette.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "It might be a fool's errand but I can't help but feel something is off.
    And I've learned that my senses aren't something I should scoff."
    Lizzy turns her head at the announcement.
    "And the curtains draw back and the actors take their places.
    Tonight, the beast show their true faces."

    Lizzy goes in, to find a spot as dark as possible. Last thing she needed for the Prince to see her face. She was sure her displeasure of what will be said would be too clear for anyone who looked.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog rose to his feet. “Regentia, there is an even greater threat to the City’s safety, to the Masquerade. The Nictuku are the ancient ancestors of the Nosferatu, and hunt them relentlessly. One or more of them is in New York City, and they will destroy every block and borough in the City without blinking, just at the chance of destroying the Nosferatu.”

    “I have seen one of the mutated beasts they’ve bred in the Warrens to hunt the Rats, and it was something straight out of a nightmare,” the Biker said, fear putting a quaver in his voice as he recalled the hellish thing.

    “Only the Nosferatu know the Warrens well enough to fight them safely. Should we really be doing the work of the Nictuku for them? Fighting amongst ourselves instead of fighting the Nictuku?”
    Geth roll 6d10o10h7 for cha+intimidation+presence

    Using intimidation to scare the gathering into taking the threat of the Nictuku seriously, hopefully more seriously than the Nos.

    cha+intimidation+presence:
    6d10o10h7 3 [6d10o10h7=4, [10, 7], 1, 7, 3, 4]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    There are some murmurs of concern. The knowledge of the threat appears to have been made clear to those gathered, but the likelihood of it posing a threat to themselves was not.

    "Yes, most of us are quite familiar with the problems facing the Nosferatu... problems of their own making, most likely. Still, the Scourge may voice his concerns. Do tell us, then. What would you have us do? Go into the sewers ourselves? And what of after we trust in those who've shown us such disrespect? Are they to turn on us once their threat is eliminated?" Julia appears well aware of both sides of the story, merely unconcerned.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy kept her head down. She had heard this before, in Seattle, but instead of Nosferatu, it had been thin bloods and those, like her, who hadn't been sired under the Tennents of the Traditions. The Rebel who had stood against a Prince back then, however, held her seat and looked down at the floor. Bulldog had become the Rebellious One now, and she knew he'd pay for voicing his opinions. Lizzy wanted to go back to Alaska so badly right now. Sure, it was Werewolf Country but at least werewolves were straight forward when they wanted you dead. More than anything, Lizzy wished she had her Muse, that small piece of insanity that had guided her during those dark nights.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex tapped his foot idly. His answer to Sybil hadn't been a lie, he found the politics of this all rather boring to an extent. That said, he still understood most of it. He wasn't as versed as others in the intricacies and subtle twists that could alter events over a period of time, but he recognized the big movements when they were coming, and knew well enough what types of responses would or wouldn't alter their course. He was nothing close to a master of the skill, but he had enough exposure to pick up bits and pieces of the undertone.

    And so, he grimaced slightly when Bulldog stood to announce the real threat. He agreed with the Brujah, there was a greater threat here, but he also knew that this collection of vampires was unlikely to do much about it. The performance for this specific stage had been set a long while ago, and Julia was it's lead actor. Bulldog and their coterie were just bit parts here, existing to provide a distraction or a time filler while the main cast got themselves ready for the next act. This was unlikely to change much, and Alex expected that Julia probably would be able to turn this information in her favor in her attack against the Nosferatu.

    For their coterie themselves, they likely needed to reassess where they stood amongst this bunch. Odds were that a decision point was coming in the short term in regards to how directly they were going to be involved in the city's next action.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke grunted at the naked power move. It was bold and revealing, indicating the city's political elite were either complicit or compromised. But only the most caricatured political naif wouldn't understand what was going on. Julia had identified a significant threat to her hold on the city and, in a show of weakness, was attempting to remove it from the board.

    Deke glanced over at Kenneth and wondered if the Primogen had recognized Julia's weakness and thought it an advantage rather than a problem. He had just mentioned he was glad of all the new Roses in the City of late, even if most of them were mere neophytes like Deke and his coterie. The man had ambition, although Deke couldn't understand what he hoped to secure by being Prince that he couldn't by being Seneschal. Power resided primarily with those behind the throne rather than the chained figure on it. Perhaps he had decided Julia was the most malleable potential figurehead. The Tremere weren't stupid, but neither could they be considered particularly adept at reading political currents.

    The young Toreador ignored the conversation that would inevitably begin thanks to Bulldog's interjection. Deke wasn't sure if Bulldog was playing the fool or had simply stepped on a landmine he hadn't realized was there. They'd talk about it later somewhere more private Deke was certain. He focused his attention on the Primogen; in particular he sought out the Ventrue and Brujah. Without doubt Bulldog's Primogen was regretting the Scourge's outburst, but if they were as canny as a Primogen ought to be, they would be planning to use it to their advantage.

    Deke gives Bulldog a nod of support if the Brujah seeks it out, but sees no reason to paint a target on himself if Kenneth is truly considering doing just that by making him as Primogen. The Rose may be relatively weak within the City right now, but this is a traditional bastion of art, culture, and hedonism. All Toreador interests, really, lay here. It wouldn't be long until the ascension of the Clan within the City drew older, more powerful Aesthetes back into their American jewel.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max looks to his Brokerage compatriots, and then at his other companions. They were tied together now, whether he liked it or not, and would either rise or burn together. "The war was inevitable, I guess" he mutters to one of his Brokerage seatmates. The hard part now was to figure out the battle lines. The Prince's position was probably not as secure as she supposed, and there were many who would probably try to take advantage of the chaos that would follow either by throwing in to restore the Nos to power, or playing both sides. Hopefully, the Brokerage's neutrality in matters of succession and power would be respected, but Max wasn't optimistic. Hopefully, Sarasvat had prepared for this eventuality.

    His eyes move from his compatriots to the rest of the proceedings, trying to take note of who on the Camarilla is taking special note of them, without seeming obvious about it. Their involvement was obvious now, and that meant there was no anonymity to hide safely behind.

    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 (Per+Etq+Aus)

    (Per+Etq+Aus):
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=6, 1, 2, 9, 7, 6]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny watched the Prince closely, looking for any sign of her true self showing through. There was a thick layer of politics coating the various leaderships he had stumbled into. Politics, or anger, or insanity. In any case, straight answers were likely to be few and far between. And the answers that seemed straight? It just wasn't in Danny's nature to take them at face value.
    When Bulldog spoke up, Danny had mixed emotions. A dangerous move, in his view, but one that was necessary if any Nosferatu were listening and if the coterie wanted to maintain a relationship with them. It was also the kind of thing likely to shine a light on the cracks in the facades of the major players they were acquainted with, so Danny took the opportunity to cast an eye in the direction of anyone they knew, seeking any tangible bit of truth he could latch on to.
    Not something Danny's particularly good at, partly because stats, partly because Malkavian...
    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Perception & Empathy

    Perception & Empathy:
    4d10o10h8 2 [4d10o10h8=7, 8, 9, 4]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog pressed on, determened to get his message across to the gathering. "This is a problem that threatens the entire City, not just the Noseratu. With the Nictuku here, any Domain, Herd, or Haven near a sewer is in danger. On top of that, we have no way of knowing what the Nictuku will do once they are done with the Nosferatu. Will that satifsy them, or will they come after the rest of us next?"

    "What would I have us do? I do think we should go ourselves," the Biker admitted. "We have leverage, the Nosferatu need our help."

    "Barring that, I think we should at least wait. A truce until the threat of the Nictuku is eliminated. By sending the Sheriff and I after the Nosferatu while they are hunted by the Nictuku, we will be caught in the crossfire," Bulldog added.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h7 for cha+intimidation+presence

    Using intimidation again to convince the crowd that this is a threat to all of us, not just the Nosferatu.

    cha+intimidation+presence:
    6d10o10h7 2 [6d10o10h7=9, 3, 6, 3, 4, 8]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited September 6
    Kenneth appears perfectly content to watch the brewing debate from the sidelines, though his true feelings on the matter are unclear. One would imagine he'd happily be all for going after the Nosferatu, but he doesn't seem as raring to go as certain others, namely Sandra. Either it's due to his clear lack of a taste or capacity for violence, or maybe he has other intentions, but whichever it is, he doesn't seem about to put his head on the chopping block just yet.

    @Fencingsax
    As much of your Brokerage companions lean towards the Ventrue stance, you can gather that they are not eager to go to war with the Nosferatu, so they appear relieved at Bobby's intervention. You can imagine their position falls very close to Sybil's, if not precisely in line with it. Most likely whatever involves less of their blood being spilled, though going after the Nictuku hardly seems ideal either.

    @Maclay
    There are scattered connections of some vaguely discernible sort all over the room. Even the ones that appear intertwined are made of very fragile bonds, and it isn't going to take much to cause a shift in allegiances.

    Miser is smiling, but not saying a word. Where is that damnable laughter coming from, though? It's like someone is chuckling from the mezzanine, but you can't see anyone in the darkness.

    Julia watches and listens to Bobby's offer, her expression shifting from neutrality to amusement. "By 'we', I assume you mean you and your fellows? Very kind of you to volunteer their efforts... assuming they would go along with such a dangerous venture. Not to say I would dissuade others from assisting in your noble cause, but it is well known that the Warrens do not like outsiders, least of all uninvited ones."

    The Prince's attention goes from Bobby to the others of the coterie, and then to the assorted members of the court. She frowns somewhat, as it's more than apparent she doesn't see the lust for rat blood that she'd been expecting. Passive, maybe, but hardly the devout fervor of support that had been anticipated. They were clearly more nervous about the potential threat posed by the Nictuku than raring to go after the Nosferatu. "Well... I see little cause to object. So be it. If you and yours are willing to risk unlife and limb, so to speak, for the safety of the city, then far be it from me to intervene. See what you can learn about this... menace of theirs. However, let it be known that if you do not return, the Warrens will be regarded as a lost cause along with their denizens. Should it come to that, we will eliminate this threat through a more direct means; by ridding the city of the clan which it is so eager to hunt."

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy actually growled at that. Bullshit had basically just dragged her into a death trap. Lizzy remembered assholes like him who couldn't help but try to do "what was right" only to get their group killed. Refusing would look bad on her but going would be certain death. Fuck that stupid Brujah. Maybe Sybil could do something to drag her out of this but she doubt that the Harpy would. She wasn't on board with her idea about Kenneth working with the Nos, or at least not 100% behind the Prince. Lizzy really wanted to be in Alaska right now.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke frowned. It was clear Julia was riffing, that she'd had no idea her plan to simply remove her biggest thorn from the board would meet resistance. But he was struggling to see what she thought she'd gain by threatening a coterie full of neophytes. It simply made her look even weaker and worse still she didn't seem to realize that.

    Deke finally moved through the crowd and put a hand on Bulldog's shoulder. "We'll investigate the Nictuku threat further as you command, my Prince. If the problem can only be solved with violence, however, we may seek aid here in Elysium. With the notable exception of the Scourge, our coterie has a modicum of combat training from our Sires."
    Deke is trying to maneuver for sanctioned aid from the rest of the Court here.

    Geth, roll 5d10o10h8 for Manipulation + Etiquette + Presence

    Manipulation + Etiquette + Presence:
    5d10o10h8 1 [5d10o10h8=3, 2, 6, 8, 1]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex's face was emotionless as the Prince decreed that their little group would be the ones to take action, but inside his mind was screaming. This was a step outside the bounds of what would ever be expected from a group of newer vampires, even he could see that. He wondered how many others in the crowd were thinking the same thing, but kept his gaze between the Prince and Bulldog. They were in a bit of a predicament, possibly having been signed up for a task they were expected to fail so the Prince's war with the Nosferatu could progress.

    The Toreador was spurred into action, however, as Deke joined Bulldog, a sign that the coterie would be sticking together, as well as a political machination in progress. Alex had started to defer to his fellow Toreador's knowledge of politics more and more as he saw Deke in action, it was clear that his skillset lie more in that direction.

    Heading up to join the duo, Alex formulated a bit of additional pressure that could be applied, potentially to give them an edge of even surviving the task they were given. "As the acting Harpy, as well as a fellow member of this coterie, I will happily receive solicitations of assistance from the clans as you deem it viable."
    Alex is attempting to use the position of Harpy as a means to cause the Court to attempt to aid, whether for selfish reasons as to gain standing or possibly even as an offer of "debt to be owed"

    Geth, roll 7d10o10h8 for Manipulation + Etiquette + Presence

    Manipulation + Etiquette + Presence:
    7d10o10h8 1 [7d10o10h8=8, 5, 2, 1, 3, 6, 6]

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 6
    Max winces. Now they are the ones with their necks out, and everyone will be gunning for them. If anything goes wrong, they're on the chopping block. And this is the kind of mission where nothing is designed to go right. Death by Camarilla, Death by Nos, or Death by Nictuku. Perfect

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Whelp, time for the solidarity bit. Danny stands and casually makes his way to the others, making sure to give a pointed look in Miser's direction along the way.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy stayed in her seat. The rest might be willing to go get themselves killed to prove a point but not her. Not anymore. She knew that both these issues, the sewer rats and sewer beast, could be solved the same way. No need to volunteer to die.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    For all his Clan's reputation for rebellion, Bulldog was loyal, he respected the chain of command. But he expected a real leader to look reality in the face, not throw the messenger under the bus. Bulldog wasn’t sure what he had really expected to happen once he started talking, but he knew he couldn't stay silent while Julia ignored the threat of the Nictuku to go after the Nosferatu. He knew speaking up risked putting a bullseye on his back, on all their backs, but he wanted to give Julia a chance to unify the City and go after the Nictuku. So much for that. At least he had gotten the word out about the Nictuku and delayed the Nosferatu purge.

    Bulldog managed to stifle a grimace with his best poker face at Julia's proclamation. He wondered how long it would take for Julia to send Sandra, or worse, after the Crew.

    “Thank you. I can only speak for myself Regentia, but I will gladly accept any help in investigating this threat,” the biker said, nodding at those that had joined him.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h7 for cha+etiquette+presence to convey that he earnestly believes in his advice and to try and diffuse the situation some

    cha+etiquette+presence to convey that he earnestly believes in his advice and to try and diffuse the situation some:
    5d10o10h7 5 [5d10o10h7=4, [10, 10, 7], 4, 1, [10, 7]]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Lizzy's seeming distaste for the coterie's maneuver wouldn't go unnoticed by Julia, who takes particular note of her reaction, but she maintains her composure, as it's clear that the wave of public sentiment clearly is not in her favor. "Your bravery is admirable, and a credit to your station. Any who wish to accompany you are encouraged to do so, and go with my blessing." Even though she clearly doesn't expect much from that front. "If all of you are truly in favor of venturing into the Warrens to determine the scope of this threat, then I open the floor for further discussion. Who among you will lend their support?"

    Julia folds her hands over the back of the nearest front row seat, and waits. There is a marked hesitation. The court at large does seem to acknowledge the threat posed by the Nictuku, but stepping forward to venture into the Warrens seems a less enticing option. Then, at last, a rustle of metal is heard as the Sheriff steps forward. "I'll go along. Shit, why not." Sandra gives Bobby the slightest of nods. "Sounds like my kind of crazy."

    From the back of the theater, Sybil tenses her grip on her folded arms, but doesn't respond. Kenneth makes no direct response either, he seems content to watch and wait for the result of the public sentiment. Miser clears his throat, and taps his cane lightly against the theater floor. "I admit that, frankly, I'm not much for violence nor the sewers... but I have some fellows I could reach out to, if it please the dear Scourge?"

    Lastly, of all things, Bobby's phone goes off with a text alert. It contains a brief message. "Use the bayfront entrance, chief. Bring some heat. -E"

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nodded to the Sheriff in return. Having her join them would likely make things more complicated, but keeping her close might work in their favor. Hopefully she was in it for the scrap and not to make sure the thing went South.

    Given the text from Emmett, he assumed the Nos were on board with both the Sheriff and Miser’s fellows joining them.

    He tried not to think to hard about all the ways this could go off the rails.

    “Thank you Primogen, please do,” the Biker said in response to Miser’s question.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Well, with that... matter at a close, I assume no one has further business?" Julia leaves the floor open, as it was clear that was her only major declaration to make, and it certainly didn't go as well as planned.

    "If that is the case, then we will hopefully see this matter drawn to a swift and safe conclusion by the next evening. Regardless, I expect the situation in the city will change significantly by then." The disdain in her voice makes her feelings on the matter plain. "Those who possess public office, meet upstairs once we disperse. The rest may go about the night as you will."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Seeing that she wasn't forced into Bulldog's mess, at least for the moment, Lizzy decided to head to her office. She'd already skipped out of work enough and she needed to catch up on work. Then, Lizzy thought about something. She sent a text to Sybil. "Going to find out what we talked about. Let me know when the meeting is over."

    She needed to find proof. And that required her to get in Kenneth's office.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Sneaking in to Kenneth's office.
    Dex (3) and Stealth (2)

    Sneaking in to Kenneth's office:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=1, 1, 7, 8, 8]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex swallowed silently. They had taken a shot, and even though the Sheriff had joined, he wasn't sure if they had actually landed a success. They were still off to fight some monstrosity that likely wasn't going to be easily taken down, and they were doing it without any discernible major artillery. A summons to Julia's office, however, made him think that perhaps leaving now to face the monster was a better option. Still, Alex had volunteered to take on the role, and so he walked silently up towards Julia's office, pausing outside the door for the others to join. He wasn't about to enter alone, they hadn't gotten that lucky tonight.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog followed Alex upstairs, wondering just how much worse the situation could get. He gave the Harpy a nod as he walked in, the Biker looking more confident than he felt.

    Just try not to make things worse, he thought to himself. How he had gotten so entangled in Camarilla politics? He was sure he would come to regret it before the night was through.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "I'm going to get some air. So to speak. If anyone wants to chat, I promise not to go far... of my own volition. Unless either of you have a better idea." Danny figured that there ought to be fewer unfriendly ears outside as opposed to in at that particular instant and if any of their alleged allies wanted to chat about sensitive issues a nearby alley seemed a reasonable compromise. "You're welcome to tag along of course."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited September 14
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "The meeting doesn't concern me, not really. Unless I missed a memo." As the text goes off, you find the office unoccupied. There doesn't appear anything particularly conspicuous around, apart from a note that has been sealed with a blood rose emblem.

    "We have two matters to tend to. One, how to address the reformation of office with Kenneth's return. Two, why our dear Scourge thought it appropriate to undermine my ruling in public court." Julia is seated at the far end of the desk, appearing none too pleased, but she seems willing to listen to reason; assuming it is a damn good one. "I do not contest your logic in speaking out, Robert. Merely your timing. I don't expect you'll make a habit of it."

    The rest of the sparse gathering seem to have little to say, as if their reaction hinges on Bobby's reply.


    Elsewhere in a particular alley, Sybil appears amused as she is texting a response to someone on the other end. "Your little kitten has some claws." She nods over to Danny as he appears. "Best hope she doesn't get herself bit."


    @Ardent
    @Fencingsax
    You reach receive a text on your phones. "Meet in my office after the meeting. Nothing urgent. -Kenneth"



    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods to Max to acknowledge he'd gotten the text and then slides into the crowd, meeting and greeting. The coterie was going to need all of the allies it could acquire before Julia found some way to get them all killed quietly. The Court officers meeting wasn't likely to take all that long, but this was one of the few times nearly everyone was at Elysium.

    Deke makes a point of introducing himself to the Brujah and Ventrue Primogen if he can corner them.
    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 for Etiquette + Charisma + Presence

    Etiquette + Charisma + Presence:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=7, 6, 1, 9, 8, 9]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "She really doesn't seem like much of a team player, clearly. Still, I can't help but admire the degree of distrust she looks to have built up- though expressing it as freely and as loudly as she has feels... ill-advised." Wanting to allow her the personal space the alley afforded, Danny doesn't get too close.
    "Suppose I'm obliged to make some sort of sales pitch. Get you on track with Team Hunting Trip. We both know that's a crap-shoot. I understand someone of your standing isn't about to go trudging through the sewers. I know that what we're apparently about to do is reckless, moronic, possibly suicidal. Bulldog seems to think it's the right thing to do. Guess I'll just say, if you think what we're doing is any sort of right, we would gladly welcome the aid of anyone you could convince to join us. If you just think we're nuts, well I'm not exactly in a good position to deny that, am I?"
    I have a couple of points in charisma, but no meaningful ability to pair it with. I think I recall that being a -1, bringing me to 1. Basically no point even rolling, but why the heck not?
    Geth roll 1d10o10h8 for Whatever it's Worth

    Whatever it's Worth:
    1d10o10h8 1 [1d10o10h8=9]

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited September 14
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy looked at the letter. Classic. She looked for a lamp and turned it on and held the letter up to the light. It was going to be hard to read everything but she might be able to get bits of it and maybe who it was from.
    Geth roll 3d10o10h8

    3d10o10h8 0 [3d10o10h8=6, 7, 5]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max mingles with the crowd, greeting familiar faces, even if he didn't always have a name to go with those faces. He tries to stay away from those senior in their respective hierarchies, and He makes sure to visit at least one member of each clan represented before heading over to a little space the brokerage has made for themselves. "Even though I knew better, I was honestly kind of hoping I was done."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "I apologize Regentia, I did not speak up lightly. I thought if I waited to voice my concerns privately it would be too late to turn back, too late to prioritize the Nictuku threat," Bulldog said.

    "We would be forced to fight a battle on two fronts. Facing the Nictuku or the Nosferatu alone would be difficult enough, getting caught between them is a recipe for disaster," he added
    Geth roll 5d10o10h7 for cha+etiquette+presence to try and smooth things over further

    cha+etiquette+presence to try and smooth things over further:
    5d10o10h7 4 [5d10o10h7=9, 3, 9, 7, 9]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Ardent
    It occurs that the Primogen council has not been something properly maintained in the city. Most people have been doing double duty, namely Sybil, so you know her as well as you're going to. You never thought to look for the Brujah representative until now. Come to think of it, you just know of Bobby and Sandra. If there's another, you haven't the faintest idea of who it is.

    @Maclay
    Sybil pauses for a long moment, enough to finish off yet another cigarette. "Jules can be stubborn, but she knows your boy is right, so she'll see the light of it. Hopefully. As for me..." And she tosses it off into the street. "I'll see what aid I can gather up. Ask one of your flowery cohorts about the brokerage. Could be worth financial support if not strength in numbers. Hell, from what I understand about what's down there, the latter won't be much help. Might just make things worse.

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    You have no idea what's inside the sealed envelope, at least not without breaking the seal, which strikes you as an exceedingly bad idea.

    @Fencingsax
    "Done? You haven't even begun... but your foot is in the door, like it or not." Sarasvat notes with a smile as she takes a glass from a passing waiter. "Don't take it so hard. It's good to have a voice in the court. Has advantages.

    @Boozer @AustinP0027
    "Yes, clearly. I had meant to let the two sort each other out. Who's to say the rats won't put a knife in our back as soon as we go to their rescue? But the choice has been made, no sense in arguing things now. Especially since you have been so kind as to volunteer your services. I just pray it doesn't cost us any more numbers." Julia seems to be done with the subject, as she waves her hand.

    "Now then. If Alex wishes to maintain his role as Harpy, my understanding is that Sybil is not particular to keeping it, so it may remain yours. Should that occur, Sybil is to become Ventrue Primogen. It is high time we had the council organized again. Kenneth tells me that he has a name in mind to take over as Toreador Primogen. That just leaves us with finding a Brujah. There hasn't been a need for a Tremere or Gangrel representative in some time. We handle our own affairs, and the Gangrel keep to themselves as of late. I don't expect the Nosferatu will have a public presence anytime soon."

    Julia motions to Sandra. "If either you or Robert have a name in mind to represent the Brujah, you may name one.
    I am not familiar with your... representation in the city, as I do not venture into your 'territory' much." It seems clear that she equates a Brujah domain with the average biker bar, which isn't far off the mark.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "Let's make sure the door doesn't crush me.... or whatever metaphor you want to use for being dragged into a much more dangerous game"

    Max fills her in on what's happened since he atrived at RCMH.

    "Some may be happy that our 'Treasurer' is back, but there's games on top of games here, especially tonight"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Seeing that the envelope was too thick to see through, Lizzy decided to go through other areas of the office, such as desk drawers.
    Geth roll 3d10o10h8 to search the room.

    to search the room.:
    3d10o10h8 1 [3d10o10h8=7, 8, 1]

Sign In or Register to comment.