The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12324252628

Posts

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "You have my thanks." Danny inclines his head slightly, "I feel like I should say something on behalf of my compatriot, but frankly I don't have enough information to judge her actions right now. At any rate, I won't trouble you any further." He returns to the street, where he can keep a watchful eye on the main entrance, in case any of his associates come looking.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog couldn't think of many things Vonner would desire less than to getting dragged into this. "I have no one in mind, Regentia."

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex bites his tongue as he steps into the room, focusing on remaining emotionless. It was important to appear at ease and calm, as to not let anything slip in this politic heavy circumstance. The tongue lashing wasn't extremely rough, though, so they likely lucked out in the end.

    He inclined his head slightly at Julia's offer. "If it pleases the Prince, I shall continue to serve the court." He said no more, leaving his engagement in these proceedings as little as possible . It was best he not get overly engaged in a political world he was still so new to.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Things are either about to get much cleaner, or a whole lot messier. We'll see. The captain plans on tightening up the crew, or so I hear."

    With that said, Sarasvat wanders off from Max, opting to engage herself with a random conversation nearby.

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    You find little that appears directly incriminating, though it depends on what you're looking for. Much of what Kenneth has on file is correspondence with his mortal business, of which there are many, including his recent plans to undertake a 'renovation' of the sewers. He has a lot of influence in a lot of mortal areas, of that much you're certain.

    "I wouldn't worry about your 'compatriot'. She's got her own situation pretty under control, far as I can tell. Maybe a little too much. Keep an eye on her if you can spare the time though, yeah?" Sybil seems about to fish out another cigarette, thinks better of it, then goes back inside, leaving Danny to the street.


    Julia seems to have expected the lack of a proper Brujah candidate. "Unfortunate, but no matter. Sandra?" The sheriff shrugs, appearing to have the same outlook as Bobby. "I'll ask around, no promises."

    "Very well. Your continued service is valued, Alex. If no one has any further matters... we will convene another night, perhaps if this 'Nictuku' nonsense is resolved to a satisfactory manner. Assuming the majority of this room return." On that dour note, Julia offers a nod. "Good evening, and best of luck to you all. Stay in contact, and if things go south, return with information. Piles of ash are useless to me."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke has made his social calls, taking note of the decimated numbers and general disarray present among the Clans. He's somewhat less confused by Kenneth's desire to hand off the Primogen post to a relative neophyte. All of the other established Toreador would likely bear some personal enmity with Kenneth. Or be canny enough to duck any appointment.

    He walked slowly towards the Seneschal's office, greeting Max with a nod when he spots the other young Rose. "I hadn't quite realized how much the disarray and depletion was affecting every Clan," Deke says quietly, just loud enough to be overheard by those who are certainly listening in. "It leaves me even more perplexed about recent political moves."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy takes her phone out and snaps pictures of the documents that seem to be about the sewers. She'll dig into them later when she isn't on the clock. She looks around and sees nothing else of interest to her so decide to slip out while she still had the chance.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8

    5d10o10h8 0 [5d10o10h8=7, 4, 1, 7, 5]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Ardent @Fencingsax
    Upon reaching the office, you find Lizzy plainly taking photos of Kenneth's personal documents, either not trying or failing miserably at being inconspicuous. Though the Seneschal has yet to arrive, he's likely not far behind.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Although not, I admit, as perplexed as I am about this," Deke says loudly enough to make it obvious to Lizzy that someone's at the door. He has a single eyebrow raised as he surveys the desk. "Not a good look for our coterie."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy causally closed the drawer and turned off her phone. She positioned herself in the room like she had been waiting for a moment before anyone else walked in.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max glances and makes sure it at least appears that everything is back in the desk. Then takes a seat away from Alex (positioned so he would be the first thing people see when they entered) and replied to Deke. "Fear makes people do dumb things, and so do perceived threats to power. A threat like this one? We must keep our wits about us, because no one else will."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "'Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering,' and I'd like to avoid suffering," Deke quips, nodding towards the door. "We can talk about avoiding unpleasantness later, though."

    "It's clear that the Clans are hanging on by a thread," he says to Max. "There's a distinct lack of elder Kindred for such a historic and important city. Are they avoiding Elysium because they can, or because they can't not? Is this even the only Elysium tonight?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Good evening Regentia, we'll stay in contact." Bulldog said before leaving.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "So tell me..." Sandra follows Bobby's lead, practically halting his progress as she moves around to face him. "What's your plan that doesn't involve getting all of us fucking killed?"

    Kenneth eventually passes by, heading towards his office, clearly having business elsewhere.


    Upon reaching the open door, the Seneschal doesn't appear surprised at Lizzy's presence, more amused. "I presume I'm not interrupting...?" Kenneth's attention focuses on the lone Malkavian. "We have clan business to attend to, my dear, unless you had need of my services?" A charming smile accompanied his words, implying that the offer could be interpreted in many ways.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Satisfied that nobody had any particular business with him, Danny seeks out any of the group not preoccupied with other matters and informs them of his encounter with Sybil.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy smiled at Kenneth.
    "Sorry, I didn't realize that you would have a meeting with your clan.
    Maybe I should have made an appointment and met you on something more planned."

    She made her way out of the office, not giving Deke and Max a glance.

    She decided to head to her office, where she could look over the paperwork.
    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Following the money trail.

    Following the money trail:
    4d10o10h8 1 [4d10o10h8=1, 9, 6, 5]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods to Kenneth and closes the door behind him. "Or are we expecting other guests?" he asks Kenneth.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited September 27
    "Not to my knowledge. I'll be brief, gentlemen, as I gather you have a... busy night ahead of you." The fact that something seems amiss about the office doesn't escape Kenneth's notice, though he doesn't seem to dwell on it, opting instead to take a seat behind his desk.

    "Failing neither of you objecting... Deacon, you are henceforth Primogen of Clan Toreador, and are to be Respected in the Eyes of the Camarilla. Maxwell, you are to be his Whip, to assist him in any courtly affairs as needed. I don't expect this will be a troublesome position for either of you to uphold, but should you have questions or concerns, I will gladly hear them out." Bearing a patient expression, Kenneth awaits any response.

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    Kenneth is primarily exploiting his Bureaucracy connections to ensure the 'renovation' goes without a hitch, though it appears he has the assistance of another organization with significant pull in the areas of finance, but you can't be sure as to who without further details.

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke shakes his head. "After taking a bit more time to examine the state of the other Clans, simply having a Primogen who isn't in torpor would seem to put us at an advantage. Max?" Deke looks to the other young Rose.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "Well, we have some work to do, and I am probably the one of the clan that knows you best. Of course I accept such an honor. There's no other choice, is there? Hopefully, we can get some of the other clans moving to be proactive against the trouble we are all facing"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods. "So, I think it's time for some straight answers. Where are the other Toreador? This is one of the foremost cultural capitals in the world. How can there be so few of us?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Splendid. We're in agreement, then." Kenneth appears taken off guard by the blunt approach of the question, but still keeps his mask of courtesy as he responds. "The city was being run by the Nosferatu until recently. We're trying to repair the... unpleasant atmosphere that gave the city. With this 'renovation' complete, we should be able to brush aside their unpleasant residue and restore this region to being the bastion of artistry that we all know it should be, and bring the cultured back as well."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Plan? Like the Prince said, the Warrens don't take kindly to uninvited guests. So I'm going to ask for an invitation." Bulldog said with a shrug.

    "If the Rats won't grant us safe passage in return for helping deal with this ancestor problem of theirs, then fuck 'em, they can deal with it themselves." the biker added.
    Apologies for the late post, closed on the house today, so I'll be busy with moving etc. I'll try and keep up.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deacon gives Kenneth a nod, recognizing that while evasive, it was a valid answer. It still didn't explain the general lack of older vampires in the city, but he knew he wasn't going to get a straight answer on that.

    "I need to send a letter to The Magdalena informing her I've taken up the Primogen's post. Whether she wants anything to do with me or not, she doesn't deserve to be kept in the dark," Deke notes. "I'll set up an access roster at the Opticon, since doing all of our business at Elysium would be a rookie mistake."

    Deacon cups his chin with one of his hands, clearly thinking. "How many of the other Clans don't have a recognized Primogen right now?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Great. And once you're in there? I'm pretty sure the place ain't exactly on mapquest. Place is designed to kill anything that goes in there that isn't a rat. Sounds like it's just a play-by-ear strategy to me." Sandra sounds pretty accustomed to that approach, preferring of it, even.


    "The Magdalena...? A sire, I presume? I'm not sure I've had the pleasure. But yes, notify who you will. If she has a problem, do forward her complaints to me." Kenneth isn't bothered by the prospect. "Let's see... Brujah is in something of a transitional state, Gangrel is not spoken for... the Tremere handle their own matters... Sybil handles the Ventrue. As you can likely surmise, there is a lot of multi-tasking being done. Either a lack of elders suited for the role, or a lack of elders willing. Much of the former court did not take kindly to Tremere rule, shall we say. Things are finally coming together, though. They won't be missed."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke nods. "I suspected there was some dissent to Tremere leadership. I've already made inroads with Sybil. Do we know if there's another place being designated as Elysium?" Deke asks Kenneth, refusing to be indirect in this moment. He wouldn't have many opportunities to get straight answers.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max speaks up "The security and sanctity of Elysium is paramount. If there is another site, we need to know about it."

    Max expects an answer, but continues "As long as we have forward momentum on our bigger problems, I don't think your leadership will be contested, especially since the Prince will be seen in our corner. Of course, we need to maintain the momentum we have. And we need to make sure we are dealing with the overall political problem, or it will sneak up on us, and break our necks when we are looking the other way. Is there anyone who we need to watch out for making trouble, besides the obvious?"

    Max knows that everyone is thinking of the Nos, but the obvious knife in front is not nearly as dangerous as the quiet one in the back.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited October 1
    "At the moment, to my knowledge? No, this is the only Elysium publicly designated. Do you feel we have need for another? There is, of course, the fact that Calebros did use a different one... not that it's of any relevance or interest to us."

    Kenneth then directs his attention to Max, with some curiosity. "Well, what do you consider 'the obvious'? I suspect you have drawn the same conclusions as I, but we may as well be on the same page."


    @Maclay
    From across the hall, Miser glances your way and smiles. He's making small talk with assorted neonates, but in the midst of that look, you hear his voice, clear as day. You heard it too, didn't you? I wonder if your sister is as astute, or perhaps she prefers to feign ignorance.

    cj iwakura on
    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Indeed. Danny isn't sure the voice in question is actually Miser's, or even if it were, that it would be two-way. He gives a nod in Miser's direction and starts making his way over. "As always sir, any advice you could offer in these... trying times would be most welcome." Danny watches him for some sign that he was the source of the communication, hoping his experiences with his Sire's particular quirk would offer some insight.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception & Alertness

    Perception & Alertness:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=6, 1, 8, 1, [10, 2], 2]

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "The Nos seem to be playing their own game. Presumably they will take whatever help we offer, but they will always use the situation to their advantage."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 4
    Alex chimes in, adding his own concerns to Sandra's, "How far are we going to trust them? I don't think we've established ourselves as enemies given our actions, but I'm not sure that we're at a point of implicitly trusting anyone either. We'll need an escape plan of sorts if this all doesn't pan out the way we want."

    It was likely an obvious point, but one that needed to be said aloud nonetheless. Any and all dissent needed to be handled before they left the Elysium, they couldn't risk being in the middle of a Nos warren with someone deciding they'd rather not participate. That would be almost certainly get someone killed, or in their case, killed for good.

    AustinP0027 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    Kenneth nods in consent to Max. "Most assuredly. Despite my... distaste for the Nosferatu, I am in agreement with your cohort. Whatever is after them is a threat, both to us and the Masquerade. Where we go from there is likely where our opinions will differ wildly. I suggest you both observe and report, and try not to get too deep in their filth. If you can avoid it."


    @Maclay
    The voice was indeed Miser's, as you can pick up on his wavelength through the MNN, though whether he utilized that or Auspex is unclear.

    "The same advice as always, my friend. Keep your family close." Miser makes an indicative gesture, as if to highlight a particular someone's absence. "Who knows what trouble they may get into when left unattended."

    @AustinP0027
    Did he go outside with Sybil or join the others with Kenneth? I don't recall him taking action since the end of the Prince's meeting.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "The Nictuku is definitely a threat to the entire court, whether they want to perceive threats or not," Deacon says. "I'm not sure we're really up for handling it, even with the Nosferatu's big guns assisting. This is the kind of problem elder vampires have run from, point of fact."

    He crosses his arms, looking at Max. "Bulldog made the right choice in there tonight. But he pissed off the Prince and I had to torpedo her power play against the Priors, which I'm sure she doesn't appreciate."

    "But I think it gained us an advantage. It proved that the Rose is not under the thumb of the Usurpers and it forced the court to recognize that there is a young coterie representing three of the weakest Clans right now," Deke notes. "But it also let the Prince know we are no meek children."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Don't get me wrong, I get it. But she's made it pretty clear that she doesn't have the same priorities as the rest of the coterie and any time I have to dedicate to her is time I can't dedicate to the mission. Not to mention my less than authoritative nature." Danny couldn't help but recall his first encounter with Lizzy and his dread at the time of this exact circumstance coming to fruition. "She's not gonna appreciate it, and to be blunt, I think I'd prefer to go one-on-one with the nictuku." He looks around reticently, "I can try to find her, maybe tag along on whatever adventure she's having, but I'm going to need to talk to my team, make sure that if we end up going in different directions that they're on board with it."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura

    Sorry, I'm in the hall with Sybil and Bulldog. Thought that we had all been ushered out of Julia's office, so he was standing with the other two.

    Looking above, I see I misread it.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Fortunately for your companion, the Regentia seems to have great respect for him. The fact that she voiced her displeasure is a testament to that. Otherwise she would have conveyed her feelings through... different means." Kenneth sounds as if he knows from experience. "I believe the social maneuver poses no great threat. The rest of the evening shall be very telling as to the other regards. I trust our new Scourge has a sound strategy well in mind. Such is all I can hope for, as I have no interest in venturing into the Warrens myself."



    "Do what suits you, of course." Miser tips his hat to Danny, before returning his attention to others nearby, deliberately cutting the conversation short. It is in your best interests to find her. Or perhaps hers. It depends on how much you value her contributions, I suppose. But this is no night for lone wolves. The unspoken message ends with a parting smile from Miser.



    "They'll have our back as long as we're fighting this enemy of theirs, on that you can bet. Nossies don't backstab during a fight, not their style. After the fact... eh, who can say." While addressing Max, Sandra fishes a cigarette out of her jacket pocket, one that looks to be the distinctly homemade variety.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited October 4
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Looking at the papers, she guesses that the unknown player is the Prince. But she still can't shake the feeling that something is going on. Kenneth's recovery didn't seem right to her. She'd need to dig farther. But she was lost where. She would ask Sybil but she couldn't go to the Harpy everytime she needed a hint. Back in Seattle, she had been in a coterie with a detective named Jack. She thought what he would say at a moment like this, but through the pained thoughts of his Final Death because of her reckless leadership, she remembered that he would always look from another angle. Lizzy had been out of the Camarilla loop for too long and being deep in it's murky waters wasn't going to do her any good. However, her name still carried weight in the Anarch circles, even if it wasn't as clean or as loved as before. If anyone was watching the situation closely, it would be those that would be caught in the fires. She just needed to remember where an Anarch place might be in this city...
    Geth roll 7d10o10h8 for Keeping Up With the Wild Ones

    Keeping Up With the Wild Ones:
    7d10o10h8 2 [7d10o10h8=4, 8, 5, 3, 4, 6, 8]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny inclines his head in thanks before moving off. He tracks down Bulldog and Alex, joining them but remaining silent so that they can finish their conversation with Sandra. He keeps an eye out while he waits, in case Lizzy happens by.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    The most likely place that comes to mind is the same as the Brujah's biker bar haunt, as their clan and the Anarchs are at very least on neutral terms in the city.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Since we're skipping ahead I'm working this through here, mostly to figure it out:
    Danny informs the others of what's going on.
    One or two may suggest letting Lizzy go her own way.
    But they probably don't have a strong enough reason for Danny to go against his clan.
    Danny checks around, realizes Lizzy is no longer at Elysium.
    Using some logic/investigative skill he figures she'll be at her office.
    The team decides they can drop Danny there along the way.
    Unfortunately I don't have a good argument currently so if anyone else wants to try they should do so now.

    "If this takes more than five minutes you should probably just all go on without me." Danny gets out of the vehicle, not paying much attention to whether or not anyone joins him. He knocks and enters the office.
    "Lizzy. Rest of the team's ready to go do the thing. You're one of us, so it'd be really good if you could be there." He pauses to collect himself. "Here's the catch, if you're not there, I'm not. Miser has very strongly suggested that I go where you go, watch your back or whatever. I have no good reason to refuse him. So it's up to you, backing up our Coterie or doing whatever this is." Danny gestures at whatever materials Lizzy has been working through.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy shook her head at Danny.
    "You want to go get killed for Bulldog, Daniel?
    Why would you want to hunt that animal?"

Sign In or Register to comment.