The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

1232425262729»

Posts

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "I don't know what to tell you. The only reason I follow Bulldog is because he was the one actually willing to take charge. Reason I'm here now is because, from my perspective, Miser outranks him. I'm a follower, probably always will be. If Julia had outright said no to going after that thing... who knows." Danny walks over to a window, looking out at the street.
    "Here's the truth: I think the nictuku being dead offers me the most possible positive outcomes overall. Going down there myself is out of obligation, going with you is out of obligation. Doesn't mean I won't do my damnedest in either scenario. You coming with us allows me to fulfill both of those obligations and that's the only reason we're having this conversation." He looks back at Lizzy. "Since no one else is begging you to stay, I won't either. Feel free to tell me to piss off, least I can say I tried. Otherwise, I'm sure there are more productive things we could be doing than standing around running our mouths off."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    In midst of the discussion within Lizzy's office, the two pick up on a faint disembodied chuckling, as if it were on an unseen intercom echoing throughout the interior.

    Outside of the office, anyone watching the building exterior can see a long haired man in a trenchcoat approaching from the sidewalk.

    @Maclay @Grunt's Ghosts
    Make an Awareness/Alertness roll please.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8

    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=9, 6, 6, 1, 5, 9]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The laughter is pursuing each of you through the Network, and the closer you get to the 'meeting point' that Beckett has indicated, the more inescapable it seems. You don't know whether it's warning you away from the sewers...
    or beckoning you to them.

    The echoing laughter suddenly stops, and a knock comes from the door. The choice is yours whether to greet it,
    or retreat through another avenue to return to the coterie.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny doesn't react to the knocking. He continues to look at Lizzy. Her office, her decision.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy grabbed her bat that sits behind her desk and nods to Danny to grab the guitar that was laying against a nearby wall. She moved away from the door in case someone replied with a shotgun.

    "Sorry, but the studio is closed at this time of the night.
    Please return after day light."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny silently picks up the guitar and takes a position beside the door. He's pretty sure there's still a bit of that five minutes he requested left, and no one had sounded an alarm, but he wouldn't have blamed them if they had already left.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    There is a pause, and an amused voice replies. "Your studio seems quite popular for such a late hour, I was hoping to get my voice heard for a recording session. A pity... but surely you hope to take full advantage of the acoustics underground, yes? Make sure to savor them to the fullest." There is the sound of fading laughter, and the man is gone.

    Outside the office, the man looks to those in the van, and smiles with a fanged grin, before departing off into the night, whistling merrily.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Well that was helpful." Danny leaves the guitar by the door, moving over to a chair and slumping into it. "Guess the Nosferatu cordially invite us to join them..." He wasn't really sure if it was a threat or not so he left off the or else that immediately sprung to mind. "Can't go anywhere in this damn city without all the major players having a bead on you." Danny stares at the ceiling. "I'm done Lizzy. Ride's leaving any second. You haven't told me to fuck off, so I guess I'll just sit here staring at the ceiling until you're ready to go... Anywhere."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I liked werewolves better than our kind.
    At least I knew what was on their minds."
    Lizzy gripped her bat then opened the door.
    "This is a trap, you know this, yes?
    I really don't want to deal with this stress.
    But know this: First sign of that beast, I am out.
    I'm not risking my immortality, believe that without doubt."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Can't say I blame you, though I'm guessing there are some folks who'll be less forgiving, might want to use some stealth if you do leave." Danny heads outside, ready to call a cab if it proved necessary. Fortunately the others didn't appear to have left yet.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The hour grows later by the time the vehicle arrives at the sewer entrance by the bayfront. There doesn't appear to be anyone in presence apart from a parked motorcycle and an impatient Sheriff. She's waiting beside the docks with her arms crossed and a shotgun resting at her hip. She had been nursing a cigarette, which gets flicked off into the water at the sight of the coterie's belated arrival. "Bout fuckin' time." Then again, it was less time spent meeting Final Death, she supposed.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Sorry, we had a meeting with the Seneschal," Deke said by way of explanation. The rear liftgate coming up revealed some of the remaining incendiary rounds. "I believe there are some Dragon's breath shells in there. Familiar?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny exits the vehicle and surveys the area for unwanted guests, or those too shy to come out in the open.
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perception, Alertness and Auspex

    Perception, Alertness and Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 0 [8d10o10h8=5, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 5]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Well, it rings a bell to me, tower club." The amused voice echoes from the darkness as Emmett steps out and approaches the van, looking over the coterie's 'arsenal' with some amusement. "I guess it's a start. So what's the plan, boys? And girls. Whatever." The creature waves a taloned hand at Sandra dismissively. "I hope someone's got one."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex comes around back after parking. He gave the Sheriff a brief glance, but focused on checking the rifle out to ensure everything appeared in working condition. He wasn’t sure what they were headed into but they were likely going to have to fight their way clear of it at some point. He was finally going to play a role other that chauffeur for the group, but still was deferring to the others for leadership.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 19
    "Whatever we do, splitting up too much would be a bad idea. We know how much damage these things can do when they're on our territory. What they can do down here... well, that's why we're here, I suppose"

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Was anyone else expecting more people to show up? Guess they just see this as an opportunity to eliminate the annoying gnats who refuse fall in lock-step." Danny looks to Emmett. "With regards to plans, maybe Bulldog has a trick or two up his sleeve, but it's you guys who know the terrain and know the enemy. All I got is 'Walk round in the muck and when something comes to kill us, kill it first'."
    Addressing everyone, "Also, one of us is probably going to leave before the fight, I'm going to try real hard not to notice when that happens, I'd advise everyone else do the same, there's more important things to worry about."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nodded at the comments of the Crew as he loaded his pistols and shotgun with incendiary ammo. “Except for maybe Miser’s backup, I think this is all the help we can expect from the other clans, at least until we can come back with more evidence of the threat.” Bulldog said, sounding more confident than he felt.

    Turning to Emmett, Bulldog said, “As for plans, we’re here to show that the Prince is willing to put inter-clan politics aside for the good of the city. Your clan is the most familiar with the Nictuku and with the Warrens. We’re here to help deal with them and to bring evidence of the threat to the rest of the Camarilla. If that goes well perhaps more will realize the gravity of the situation and assist us. So let’s try and work together, because we won’t get another chance to keep this from devolving into a civil war.”

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "I wouldn't hold your breath for that, but hell, at least someone's an optimist. Okay kids, sewer cartography 101." Emmett goes to a nearby wall and begins to scratch out an extremely rough outline of a tunnel, then a big X over the left side. "We are here." He draws a line from there to the right, then goes straight down. "The Warrens are around here." Then another X. "Big nasty showed up around here and we got the hell out of dodge. Safe to say it's nesting somewhere around there, if we're lucky. If we're not... it's daddy is there, and we're all fucked."

    Emmett clears his throat, and looks to the coterie. "Let me make this abundantly-fucking-clear. If I tell you all to run, get to the gone. If it's master is there, I might get a chance to throw up a warning before we all start getting dusted. Capiche? The Nictuku make the Assams look like pussies, get me? Their pets are stupid. They're not. So... you all want to go straight for the direct approach, or what? I'm all ears."

    Sandra makes a pointed display of rolling her eyes. "I'm starting to think the rat pack had the right idea with getting out of town. Bit late for that, I guess. I hope those rounds are universal?" She cracks open her shotgun and starts loading up extra shells, just in case.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny tries to make sense of the map, but isn't having much luck. "So we probably don't want to go to the lair itself then. It'd give us room to maneuver but we may end up biting off more than we can chew... Tunnels are kinda cramped for a fight I'm guessing? But not enough to cause the beastie any trouble. I think we need to draw it out. Either somewhere tight with multiple attack vectors or somewhere open to run around some with a single way in and out?"
    Moving close to Lizzy, Danny faces away from the others and whispers "Sorry. Mouth doesn't always know to stop. Lemme know if you want a distraction at some point."
    He turns back to face Emmett, "Is a bunch of noise gonna be the best lure? Anywhere specific come to mind?"

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy gave a hard look at Danny.
    "You should learn to shut up.
    You aren't responsible for me, pup."

    Lizzy grabbed a shotgun and loaded it with the Dragon rounds.

    "A sudden response is the best.
    What lies above their nest?
    Where does the gas line run?
    And do they share our weakness to the sun?"

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke finishes checking his submachine gun and begins quickly filling up extra magazines with incendiary bullets. He listens as the more adept fighters discuss tactics. This wasn't his world, not really, but the show of solidarity would pay off at the end.

    He considered Emmett's rough map and tried to extrapolate, imagine the entire sewer network laid out under the city. Given they were about to try to set it on fire, it figured it would try to flee towards water. Which he realized was a thought that should be shared with the group, and did so.
    Geth, roll 7d10o10h8 for Auspex + Architecture + Intelligence

    Trying to see if Deke's visualization can provide any clarity on his thought about water.

    Auspex + Architecture + Intelligence:
    7d10o10h8 3 [7d10o10h8=1, 4, 9, 7, 6, 3, [10, 8]]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "It's pretty tight quarters for a while, but the warrens opens things up a bit." Emmett carves out a big circle where the underground 'X' is. "Plenty of room to cause a distraction. Noise would probably draw it out, at least for a little while, unless something pisses it off." Then he addresses Lizzy. "They're basically ghouls. Sun irritates them, but it won't do much. Don't count on that strategy. It's a pretty tall ceiling. We usually don't pick homes that have gas lines running through them, makes for bad real estate."

    @Ardent
    Though gas lines aren't much of an option, there's water mains just about everywhere in the tunnels. It won't be hard to track one down at any given point in the sewers.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Can we flush it?" Deke asks. "Blow a few water mains and send it right out the flood locks into the East River where we'll be waiting?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 21
    "Other option would be to cave it in, but presumably you also don't make homes in places where that is easy, either. Maybe we can at least block off a few entrances?"

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Assuming we can flush it out, how sure are we that we can even kill it? Are we armed well enough with all this?"

    Alex had been about to chime in about Danny's comment about someone leaving but the group had quickly moved on to strategy instead. Deke has danced around the question a little with his comments about gas lines, but in their current state, Alex figured there wasn't any point in avoiding the obvious questions that they would need to answer for themselves to come out of this alive.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Uh... hmm." Emmett considers the option for a moment. "Shit, I guess it's possible. Pretty sure that piece of shit is awfully water-savvy, and might have one hell of a Masquerade breach on our hands if we fuck it up... but it's not the worst idea I've heard. You have a game plan in mind, or does this mean we spend a few weeks looking over sewer blueprints?"

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "No need, you just need to make sure the locks going up and downtown are set so the water can't drag the thing away. With the Hudson-side lock set, the water that gets flushed into the system will have to exit on the east side," Deke says, pulling a pad out of the back of the SUV and scribbling on it. In a few minutes there's a surprisingly good map of the city's sewer network sketched out, although everyone would notice Deke didn't mark the Warren at all. The symbols next to what seem to be the water locks make it clear where it should be, though.

    "It's going to be messy and there'll be a new clump of garbage in the East River tomorrow, which will raise attention. But if we get this done the Nictuku will be taken care of, so extra attention in the sewers shouldn't be difficult to deal with," the architect says.

    He looks over at Bobby and gestures. "What do you think, Bulldog?"
    If you want another roll for the sketch I can do that. Also note that Deke isn't a tactician, he's just thinking like an engineer here. There are definitely holes in the plan.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
Sign In or Register to comment.