Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12627283032

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Suit yourselves. We'll be in touch. Lock and load, or whatever." Emmett bows, and vanishes into the shadows.


    The surroundings are suddenly much quieter, and Sandra takes the time to double check her shotgun. "I hope you boys know what the hell you're doing. We fuck up and all the influence in the world isn't covering this shit up."

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "To be fair, if we fuck this up, we probably won't care".

    Max readies his own weapons, still a bit uncertain, but the path is set, and the job is before them.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    True to Emmett's word, around an hour later, the coterie's phones go off with a synchronized text. "You got company coming. It ain't happy, I imagine." The sound of running water can be heard approaching the nearest exit point, and a flood of unpleasant substance soon comes rushing out from the grated tunnel closest to the coterie.

    A loud roar follows behind it, and the entire grate is completely knocked aside, sent flying several feet out into the water... along with prone form of the beast from the museum. It appears briefly disoriented, but considering its reptilian form, it's unlikely to be hindered by the water for long.
    The creature is immobilized for one turn, so everyone gets a free action. After that, initiative will be required, so feel free to make those rolls now.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Seeing the beast sliding around and confused, Lizzy lifted up her shotgun and fired into it.
    Geth roll 3d10o10h8

    3d10o10h8 1 [3d10o10h8=6, 5, [10, 6]]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny will have taken a position to one side of the point of entry and Obfuscated for narrative purposes if not mechanical.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Stealth
    Geth roll 1d10+4 for Initiative
    As the creature bursts from the tunnel he was surprised at the momentary advantage. It wouldn’t last. Not knowing the odds, Danny wasn’t willing to risk wasting the opportunity on a weapon he wasn’t trained to use, so instead he slammed his knife into the beast’s hide.
    Would there be any benefit to just leaving the knife stuck in him, assuming the dice are in my favor? My brawl is a bit better than my melee.
    Geth roll 4d10o10h8 for Stabbing

    Stealth:
    6d10o10h8 0 [6d10o10h8=6, 3, 4, 6, 1, 6]
    Initiative:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]
    Stabbing:
    4d10o10h8 2 [4d10o10h8=9, 8, 7, 2]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke takes a moment to steady the submachine gun like Bobby had demonstrated, then lays down a burst of fire into what he suspects is the creature's back side. The ideal is to hit the back of its head, of course, but Deke will take any solid hits as a win here.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Firearms + Dexterity + Celerity
    Geth roll 1d10+4 for Initiative

    Firearms + Dexterity + Celerity:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=3, 9, 1, 8, 5]
    Initiative:
    1d10+4 5 [1d10=1]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex had chosen a vantage point with a little extra space between himself and the purposed exit point of the monster. His weapon had the best range, and it also allotted him some physical protection, at least for a while. There was a moment of confusion on the beasts part as it was flushed out, a small advantage working in their favor, so the Toreador took aim and fired a shot down on the beast, hoping to target some weaker point in it's hide.
    Geth, roll 1d10+5 for Initiative

    Geth, roll 11d10o9h8 for Rifle (+Dex, +Firearms, +Celerity, +rifle)

    Initiative:
    1d10+5 10 [1d10=5]
    Rifle (+Dex, +Firearms, +Celerity, +rifle):
    11d10o9h8 9 [11d10o9h8=8, [9, 8], 1, 7, [10, 9, 10, 3], [9, 8], 4, 6, 2, 7, [9, 6]]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog joined Liz in firing a shotgun blast into the beast.

    Apologies for lack of (quality) posting, house stuff has me swamped. According to the Armory book I got the previous gun stats from, a shotgun is 4 dice with 9 again for rerolling.

    I'm not sure if you can use celerity in a free action round, so I'll hold off on adding my Celerity dice in the hope I can burn a bp for a 2nd attack in this free round. If not I'll add the celerity dice after.

    Geth, roll 1d10+6 for Initiative

    Geth, roll 10d10o9h7 for Shotgun (+3Dex, +3Firearms, +4shotgun (9again), not adding Celerity in the hopes I can attack again this round)

    It doesn't look like anyone but alex is adding the weapon dice to their rolls, which we can (in addition to dex/str, firearms/melee, and celerity), so I'll repost what I had posted earlier about weapon dice:
    Bulldog's knives (2) - 1(L)
    Bulldog's Hvy Pistol - 3
    Bulldog's Axe - 3(L)
    Scoped Rifle - 4(9 again)
    Liz's bat - 2(B)
    Silenced Beretta - 2
    Switchblade - 0(L)
    .44 remington - 3(9 again)
    Bulldog's Lt Pistol - 2
    submachine gun - 3
    shotgun - 4(9 again)

    Initiative:
    1d10+6 12 [1d10=6]
    Shotgun (+3Dex, +3Firearms, +4shotgun (9again), not adding Celerity in the hopes I can attack again this round):
    10d10o9h7 9 [10d10o9h7=4, [9, 7], 8, 3, 7, 3, 7, 8, [9, 9, 10, 2], 5]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max moves into position, and waits with everyone else. When the beast slammed into the firing line, he pulled his trigger along with everyone else. He saw what the beast could do. Best take it down before it could get back up.
    Geth roll 7d10o9h8 for Dex+Cel+heavy pistol

    If I got that wrong, let me know

    Dex+Cel+heavy pistol:
    7d10o9h8 0 [7d10o9h8=1, 3, 2, 5, 4, 3, 6]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10+6 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d10+6 16 [1d10=10]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    By the time Sandra contributes with a blast of her own, it's a moot point. The hail of bullets from the coterie had left only a writhing corpse that barely had time to roar in pain.
    The water around it slowly turns an unpleasant shade of green, and a clearly dead beast is left floating on the surface. It clearly is more ghoul than Kindred, since there's still a very conspicuous body left behind.

    "Great. Now, what's the plan for that?" The sheriff nonchalantly motions to the ruined mass of scales and flesh with her gun. "Toss it in the back and give to the orientals?"

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Might be more effective to throw it at the feet of the higher-ups. Clear any sort of misconceptions they might be having, earn some respect for those who want it. But I'm not picky." Danny takes a minute to go over the remains in case there was anything odd to be found.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception & Investigation

    Perception & Investigation:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=4, 3, 3, 8, 8, 7]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    There is nothing unusual about the creature at a glance, though it would take a full laboratory examination to know for sure. It appears to be more of an animal than anything else, meaning it likely had little will of its own.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Unless we think someone is going to be super pissed that we didn't bring it back, or super happy that we managed to bring a sample, let's dump it somewhere and let it rot." Alex joins the group who was positioned closer to the beast's exit. "Unless that let's it get back up, in which case let's burn it now. I have a strong feeling that we got lucky this time and I don't want to face one of these again."

    The Toreador sat himself down on a nearby perch to reload and cock his rifle. They appeared to have won, but it felt too easy, so he was nervous that they were missing something.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy kicked the remains of the beast.
    "How does one of these things come into being?
    This isn't a natural thing I am seeing."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "I think we should burn it anyways, just to be safe. We don't need more runors of the fucked up shit in the Sewers"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke pulls out his cell phone and takes a few pictures. "We've got limited time. Definitely not enough time for a controlled burn unless someone's got ghouls handy to watch over it. Maybe we should sink it?"

    As he asks the question he texts Emmett. It's done. Beast is dead. Debating disposal. Fire or water? He doesn't attach the pictures, figuring Emmett will be able to verify its absence himself by next evening.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "I'd say burn it just to be sure, not like there's news crews out here." That she knew of, anyway. While the coterie debates the course of action, Sandra goes back to her bike to holster her firearm on the vehicle's holster.

    There is no answer from the text. After some minutes pass, an agonized scream can be heard echoing from the adjacent tunnels beyond the ruined ventilation grate.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Hearing the scream, Lizzy assumed it was danger and did what came naturally came to her when danger rose. She found a dark place and stood still, letting the shadows hid her.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=7, 7, 8, 4, 5, 1]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Shit. It sounds like we may have had two," Deacon says. He moves over to the SUV and pulls a gas can free of the back. The Court's vehicles were loaded down for killing things with fire tonight. "Okay, let's burn this one and hope that stumps forensics."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny peers into the tunnel. "As much as I'd like to go help our Nosferatu allies, we were told multiple times by multiple people that going underground without an escort was kind of a bad idea. If anyone wants to try, I'll back them up. Otherwise I guess the heavy gunfire we were partaking in prevented us from hearing scuffles elsewhere?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Eventually the screaming trails off, and the shuffling of slow footsteps can be heard. A hooded creature soon exits from the opening in the wall, clutching a tattered, bloody sleeve where one could presume its arm used to be. "...run..." With that raspy word, it collapses to the pavement, and turns to dust.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "The pile of ash makes a valid point." Danny jogs over to the waiting SUV, weighing the odds that an on foot escape wouldn't be terribly effective and that his meager stealth capabilities wouldn't hold up very long against something that made its living hunting Nosferatu.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex takes action simultaneous to Danny. "Load up, now!" he yells as he hops into the driver seat of the SUV. Whatever it was that had ashed the cloaked figure was likely to be able to do the same for them. Cranking the engine, he gets his foot on the gas and hand on the gear selector, ready to accelerate them away once everyone was loaded in.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deacon quickly douses the corpse and sets a short stream to get the blaze going, lighting it with a cigar lighter. He tosses the now-empty gas can back into the SUV, choosing to simply roll into the back with it. Pulling the liftgate down he gives Alex a nod in the mirror.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Fuck!" She screamed as she ran towards the van. The pain of not rhyming started to rise in her head so she finished with "Duck" just to satisfy her Malkavian curse. She jumped in the back with the bullets and guns and began to reloaded her shotgun.
    "I told you, Danny, this shit would happen.
    I can't believe I'm going to die in this meat wagon!"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Not arguing with that." Sandra isn't one to wait for the van or the coterie to depart, clearly. She fires up her motorcycle and takes off without even looking back.

    From within the tunnel, a reflection of pale green light can be seen drawing closer, accompanied by a faint, echoing laugh.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Max runs for the safety of the vehicle along with everyone else. "Well of course they have more than one of the damned things! Who could have expected different?"

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Everyone having loaded into the SUV and Sandra having taken off ahead of them, Alex shifts to drive and slams his foot down on the gas. “Hang on!”

    Gets, roll 6d10o10h8 for Dex/Drive/Celerity

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

    Dang autocorrect

    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8

    6d10o10h8 4 [6d10o10h8=7, 1, 2, [10, 9], [10, 6], 9]

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "We worked with the information we had. Emmett's going to be pissed, but probably with his people more than us," Deacon says as Alex slams on the accelerator. He wedges himself in to avoid flopping around. "I don't know all that much about Kindred, but whatever we killed probably wasn't one. So. Thoughts?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The vehicle accelerates as the remains of the dead creature light up, leaving a trail of smoke and fading flame in the coterie's wake. A shadowy figure can be seen approaching from the darkness while the SUV speeds off, and the source of the earlier glow is clear. A pair of jade pupils can be seen watching from the rear view until their faint illumination disappears along with the ignited bay.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "We shot someone's dog and now they're extra mad. Ain't that just the way?" Danny looks back as they depart. "All according to plan, near as I can tell."

    Turning to Lizzy, Danny shrugs. "I would have been perfectly happy with whatever you chose to do tonight. You would probably need to have a chat with Miser at least, if not Julia, if you want everyone off your case though. Can I say how very interesting it is that he strongly recommended I accompany you at a time you were disinclined to be a part of this. I mean, if he hadn't offered to send some extra Malkavian aid, one might have assumed he was trying to extricate the entire clan from this mess." He takes a blatantly thoughtful pause. "I guess they got lost."

    "We got some pics, maybe that'll sway some folk."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I only came because I can't have you sitting in my office all night.
    My boss wouldn't see that as alright.
    And honestly, Miser needs to drop his cryptic shit.
    I'm about ready to pull his fangs out through his lip."

    Lizzy kept her eyes behind the van as it rode off. This wasn't a success. Sure, they killed one. But they weren't any closer to finding out who was behind it. And she was wasting time doing grunt work. Bulldog was too simple of a person to lead this group. He when in half cocked and got lucky. He saw only what was in front of him. Lizzy's face would be red if she was living with that thought. She had been the same way in Seattle. And she knew that he wasn't going to change until someone died. And even then, it might be just the cost of war.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "By all means, my dear, do try." A chuckle comes from the back of the van, and a certain cryptic Malkavian offers a tip of the hat to Lizzy. "But I think you have bigger fish to fry." The vagrant grins through his fangs. "I would imagine that your friend back there is none too happy about your intervention. I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you. Or both, perhaps."

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy blinks for a moment... God damnit.

    "You have a terrible habit of showing up at the worse times.
    But I want straight answers, not these nickel and dimes.
    Why did you want Danny to shadow me?
    Who do you think is actually gunning for me."

    The last line caused Lizzy headache to hit her, slightly. Enough to make her face squinch up.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    However doubtful it was, Danny wasn't going to risk causing a distraction from the chance for some real answers. He tried to relax a little and let whatever was going to happen next happen. Still, he had a gut feeling what might be coming and turned his eyes to the street.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception & Alertness

    Perception & Alertness:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=8, 6, 1, 5, 3, [10, 6]]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    "Because you aren't playing with the team, my dear. The lone wolf gets eaten by the sheep. ...no, that's not it... well, you get the idea. Someone has to keep an eye out for you, it may as well be your kin."

    @Maclay
    The streets are practically deserted, just sparse late night traffic.[/spoiler[

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The wheel only jerked a little bit when Alex heard a new voice from the back. Thankfully it was something related to the Malkavians and not whatever it was that was coming out of that tunnel.

    "Thoughts?" he finally answers Deke, "Well, first, I'm thinking we need to get rid of this SUV. It feels like it's dragged trouble with us wherever we went, and I'd bet any amount of money that whatever was coming out of that tunnel got a glimpse of it and somehow manages to track us down. Second, we might as well report back at some point. We did half the job, maybe. I guess. " The Toreador's eyes repeatedly looked into the rearview mirror as they sped away, anxious to assess if they were being followed. "Finally, we should probably see if someone can get ahold of Emmett. If anything managed to make it out, we should know what else we're dealing with here."

    AustinP0027 on
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Coast seems pretty clear right now. No sign of scary monsters or psychic cops so far as I can tell. Good time as any to swap rides. Something generic. Best target is probably low-to-mid level criminals, won't report it to the cops, won't have the resources to cause problems for us."

Sign In or Register to comment.