Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

1262728293032»

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The vehicle's interior is even less appealing than its exterior. The dial-based radio seems to only pick up AM stations, and barely at that, unless one happens to have a cassette tape on hand. Most of the upholstery is peeling off, at least where the car still has upholstery left.

    It provides transportation for all of the group, though someone has to share a lap to manage it. Lizzie's destination appears no worse for the wear, with the exception of the front door being broken off of its hinges.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "Well, hopefully you just got regular robbed. Just in case, If you're going in, you should probably have backup."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "I hesitate to suggest staying in this car, but maybe we should take a pass on going into a building with unknowns right now," Deke says. "We can address it tomorrow evening, when we've had a moment to gather our wits and maybe do some hunting."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy grabbed the shotgun and when to the broken door.
    "This is my workplace and if someone broke in then I need to know what they took.
    Then I need to call the cops to go find the crook.
    If you need to go on for your reasons, then go.
    If this is Cam business, maybe I will let you know."

    Lizzy looked at the door and tried to figure out what happened to it.
    Geth roll 3d10o10h8 for Perception Only

    Perception Only:
    3d10o10h8 0 [3d10o10h8=4, 3, 5]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The door appears to have been completely knocked off by an outside force, likely the result of a single effort. The rest of the building, and the street, appear silent. Either no one is aware of anything having happened there, or no one cares.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    "Well, shit"

    Smart leaves the car as well, drawing his pistol. He is ready to back his companion up. He tries to be relatively quiet (quieter than Hallion at least)
    "See anything?" He whispers, hoping the answer is "No, let's go".

    "That better have been a coincidence" he informed his brain.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Unless Lizzy can think of someone else who has a beef with her we should probably assume hers isn't the only place that got hit." Danny doesn't look up from his phone, other than to roll his eyes as Max exited the vehicle. "And as for that, my vote is 'Wait for her to ask for our help if she needs it.' She's made it pretty clear she wants as little to do with us as possible."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "We don't have a choice anymore. She doesn't have a choice anymore. Between 'whatever' outside group is threatening the Cam, whatever Cam clans are threatening the Prince, and whatever other bullshit is going around, we are target number one for too many people. We have barely any chance for success even if we do cooperate"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Fine." Danny gets out of the car, walks briskly over to the building and starts surveying the area for any sort of threat. He wasn't really in a mood to argue the merits in the middle of the street and Lizzy was clan, so Danny wasn't going to intentionally hamper the team any more than necessary.
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perception, Alertness & Auspex

    Perception, Alertness & Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 4 [8d10o10h8=8, 6, 8, 8, 7, 7, 8, 6]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Maclay
    Someone or something used sheer brute strength to take out the door. It was done with a single punch. The building is not as empty as it looks. You hear the singing in the shadows.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Damnit" Alex agreed with Max, at this point they were in this together, whether Lizzy appreciated that or not. Something was very clearly after them as a group, and if they abandoned one of their group, that one was likely not going to make it to the next sunset. Getting out of the car with a firm grip on his rifle, Alex took position outside the door, choosing to watch the street instead of peering inside the door. If they were going in, they needed to make sure this wasn't some sort of trap or distraction.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception, Alertness & Auspex

    Perception, Alertness & Auspex:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=[10, 8], 1, 2, 8, 2, 3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027
    The streets appear safe. Whatever took the building didn't use the roadways, but you do pick up on the thick aroma of sewage from an adjacent alley.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Only a few ways this goes down. Danny gives the group a look of resignation and walks inside, priming himself to fight or at least get out of the way of his allies' crosshairs. "Hope we didn't keep you waiting. If you wanna chat I'd rather do it face-to-face. If not, just recognize that the shadows aren't favoring you tonight."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Uh, guys..." The thick scent of sewage had reached his noise, with no other tell tale signs of the street being otherwise occupied started to raise an alarm in his head. "I think we should operate under the assumption that something has followed us up out of Nos space. More specifically, that it might be inside."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy held her shotgun up and walked in. She knew the layout of the building, but to think of work like a combat zone mean it was a new field. The hall to the recording studios would be a killing field for anyone traveling through it. Her office might provide a place for an ambush. The cheap ceiling tiles meant that a beast could drop down any moment. Seeing Danny was wanting to be stupid and act as bait, she pointed to an acoustic guitar on the wall. "Play it" she mouthed before moving forward as quiet as she could.
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for moving quietly.

    moving quietly:
    5d10o10h8 3 [5d10o10h8=9, 6, 3, [10, 2], 9]

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog grabbed his shotgun and followed Danny, his heavy boots announcing his presence loud and clear. The biker intended to backup Liz, though he was sure she'd call him an idiot about it later.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke slipped out the car, cradling his submachine gun. He settled in just out of the streetlights' glow, in a position to cover Alex where he was idling in their "new" ride.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The devastation gets more pronounced the further the coterie go into the building. Eventually beside a ruined flight of stairs can be seen the remains of an unfortunate night watchman. Half of him, anyway, and it takes a few moments to determine which half it is.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy looked at the body. She couldn't recall his name but he had seemed nice. Seeing the damage, she figured that they were on the right path. She kept to the shadows, moving further in as quiet as she could with the clompfest that was Bulldog and Danny behind her.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Odd that the murder-beast that wanted to kill them all would choose to wait for them at Lizzy's place. Since peaceful resolution was probably off the table at this point Danny let the shadows envelope him and waited to follow the others' lead. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. Could be long gone.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=5, [10, 6], 8, 4, 2, 3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The sounds of furniture being smashed gets louder the nearer one gets to Lizzy's room. The actual sight is an odd one, since an unseen force seems to be tearing the room apart. It didn't even seem to bother with a door, judging by the massive pile of debris where a wall used to be.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
Sign In or Register to comment.