As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

145791032

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    "Whoa whoa, hold up, that's a whole different story if you're after that kind of heat..." The man seems really put off by the idea as he looks over the ledger. "I mean, it ain't impossible... but I'd need more than a few hours to get that kind of gear. More like a few days. NYPD don't just put their shit up for auction, y'know? The standard gear is no problem. You want something branded, tonight? You might be shit out of luck." He goes over the ledger, seeming to weigh his options. "I guess you could try to look the real deal if you use some uniforms and riot gear, maybe slap some rent-a-cop patches on it or something. You all on some kind of deadline?" It doesn't seem he's completely in the loop on what the equipment is needed for, only that it's clearly something big.

    cj iwakura on
    rpcJVoo.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny stands towards the back, arms crossed, looking at the floor.
    "Generic shit's fine man. We roll up in a black SUV, wearing black tactical gear, muggles'll assume we're gov black ops or worse, and give us a wide berth. If these guys prefer otherwise, throw in some white spray paint and we'll stencil the word SWAT on our backs, no big."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max turns his head to look at Danny, closes his eyes for about 3 seconds, and takes a deep, utterly unnecessary breath. He opens his eyes again, deliberately and carefully unrolled.

    "Generic as possible has it's upsides. Easy to take off and put anyone who follows, cop or not, off the trail"

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Note to Self: Get fake Identifications
    If this going to continue to be my vocation."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Muggles? His reaction is plain at that remark. "I don't want to know. I'll get an SUV and as much of the gear as I can, can't be held accountable for what happens after." He retrieves a flip phone that seems on the low end of disposable. "I'd say it'll be about two hours."

    rpcJVoo.png
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Thanks." Bulldog said. Taking out his phone, the biker made a couple of calls to some of his Herd, to see if he could scrounge up any details on the attacks, the attackers, or which areas were still active.
    Wits 3+ Streetwise 1+ Herd 3
    Geth roll 7d10o10h8 for Streets is watchin

    Streets is watchin:
    7d10o10h8 2 [7d10o10h8=8, 2, 5, 6, 3, 8, 3]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Realizing he should leave the procurement to the others, Deke works his own contacts, although his informant network isn't as robust as Bulldog's.
    Geth, roll 5D10o10h8 for Wits + Streetwise + Contacts

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 5d10o10h8 for Wits + Streetwise + Contacts

    oh my god syntax error

    Wits + Streetwise + Contacts:
    5d10o10h8 3 [5d10o10h8=8, 5, 1, 8, 8]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    @Boozer
    Your contacts tell you that this isn't some random chaos. It seems focused. Businesses are getting hit. Businesses that are established and that have pull, real foundations of the city. whoever is stirring up trouble knows exactly what they are doing and who to target. Casualties are at a minimum. Devastation is not. They're out to make a mess, not a bloodbath.

    @Ardent
    The businesses being targeted aren't convenience stores and five'n'dimes. These are places with money. Restaurants that doubled as fronts for money laundering. Liquor stores that were hiding more than just one gun under the counter. And those are the nicer examples. It feels more like a concentrated organized crime war than some gangs rattling chains.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    "This isn't some random chaos. The businesses being hit are money laundering fronts, high-end liquor stores...and, well, let's just say some working girls are out tonight's take," Deke says after signaling the human to put his earmuffs on. Figuratively speaking. "It's got the feel of an organized crime war."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nods at Deke. “Yeah, I heard the same. Sure sounds like someone's sending a message. They’re hitting property, not people.”

    “Looks like we get to to crack some skulls tonight.” The Brujah said with relish.

    Bulldog gives their gear connect his cell number. “Call me when the gear’s ready, you got somewhere we can meet that’s more low key?”

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    "Hold that thought." He retrieves his phone, punches in a text that takes too long since it's keyed out with a number pad, then after a minute looks back to the group. "Bayfront by the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel sound good? Depends on exactly where you all are headed after that, but it should be quiet. 5-0 got bigger problems tonight. Just keep it on the DL, y'know?"

    rpcJVoo.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    "We don't want anyone getting advanced notice, so quiet is best, for now. Once we have the lay of the land, so to speak, we can move in"

    Fencingsax on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    The promised meeting place is far enough removed from most of the evening's troubles, although the man himself will be nowhere to be found. Once the time nears, each of your phones(at least, the accessible ones) buzz with a text that displays a picture of the vehicle's plate, and a general layout of the area around it. All that will be left is to determine who goes to retrieve it, and what its destination will be.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Deke, whose talents lean to the social, allows the members of the coterie more familiar with these situations to provide guidance. If he's fortunate, he may pick up some new skills tonight.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Guess it's too late to ask for a police scanner and chloroform?" Bulldog texts back.

    "Ok, looks like the gear's ready. I'll drive. We might as well all go, drop off looks dead. We can head straight to one of the trouble spots from there."

    Once on the road, Bulldog says "I think we should check out spots that where hit in bad neighborhoods. Less chance of cameras, or cops giving a shit. Hunt's Point, Vinegar Hill, Meatpacking District, places like that. We'll split up and take both vehicles in case shit goes south, I swapped my plates long time ago so I ain't worried."

    Scratching his beard, the biker says "Assuming it's the Triads, first we capture one, then smoke the rest and make it messy. Might be easier if one team can handles the grab, and the other handles cleanup. If any of you are good at that super hypnotizing voodoo that would help."

    "One other thing." Bulldog says, focusing on Max in his rear-view mirror. "We're a Crew now, like it or not. Don't air out your bullshit in front of the Prince. Pull that shit again and I you'll wish I left your ass drooling in Chinatown." The biker's stare lingers for another moment before going back to the road.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Bulldog, I don't need you to fight my fights.
    I deal with something like that at least 4 times a night."

    "So who here are fighters and not talking simple bar brawls?
    Because if this is Kuei-jin using the Triads as Thralls
    We could be looking at one or two of them armed with something to deal with us.
    So if you can't fight, no one will judge, that you can trust."

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    The vehicle that awaits is a nondescript jet black Outlander. It seems like it would blend in easily enough, but doesn't appear anything close to bulletproof. It is unlocked, and a set of keys are waiting in the ignition. The SUV is far from brand new, though having only a few thousand miles makes it a needless detail.

    Within the rear bed of the truck are six pairs of black clothes and a few Kevlar vests. Although no police officer would be fooled, one could imagine the average citizen would believe it easily enough. The rest of the equipment appears haphazard, as if the outfitter took the potpourri approach to armaments. A switchblade, a hunting knife, a silenced Beretta, a .44 Remington, a rifle equipped with a standard laser scope, and a submachine gun. The options seem far noisier than not. The non deadly array of equipment consists of six battery-powered 2way radios, two sets of handcuffs, a camera with a telephoto lens, a retractable directional microphone, and lastly, the dashboard radio seems more than capable of picking up the police airwaves.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny gives the vehicle a quick once over looking for tracking devices or other nastiness. "I'll do whatever's needed of me. Not done much with guns. Or cars. Just so you know. Fighting, watching, distractions. Guess I could be bait too." He looked at the hodge-podge of weapons and shrugged. "Not picky. Probably better with one of the blades, but take what you all want."
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for PerInvAus

    PerInvAus:
    8d10o10h8 3 [8d10o10h8=3, 7, 4, 6, 4, 8, 8, 9]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex grabs a set of the black clothing and dresses himself, showing no shame in stripping down in front of the others as he dons the black garb. He eyes the array of weponry as he grabs himself a Kevlar vest as well.

    "I have a decent amount of time with a gun. So, I'll likely grab either the beretta or the rifle. I'd suggest that if any of you don't have much experience in the firing range, maybe you take the .44 or the sub machine gun. Not a ton of aiming to be done there, just point and try to hit as best you can."

    Alex pauses as he looks over the other gear. "Though, it may be best if someone gets up high with the camera to be lookout maybe? I'm not sure how we see this playing out. Are we going to split in some way or thinking we need to stick together? I don't think I'm comfortable with anyone going solo." The Toreador looks to Bulldog as he asks about the plan. In his mind, the Brujah likely had the best handle on combat situations and would be the likely candidate to give them direction. As with all social dynamics, however, it was a matter of the others deciding if they felt the same way and falling in line, otherwise this might get interesting quickly.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "Never been in a fight, never really needed to. I will defer to others' expertise in this matter. But I agree that splitting up is probably a bad idea, we're stronger together, and less easily hunted one by one"

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy changes into the black clothes and Kevlar. She also grabs her bat out of Bulldog's van.

    "If I can get one or two of them alone, I could scrabble their minds.
    Confuse our targets and we can catch them blind."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog grabs the biggest set of clothes and vest, a set of handcuffs, and gets changed. “I can scrap and I can shoot, but I’m best with a weapon.” He said, patting his large knife at his hip. Along with that the biker straps his own large pistol to his belt, leaving the weapons for the rest of the crew. Lastly, he pulls a fireman’s axe out of a hidden compartment in his van as a slow smile creeps across his face.

    He grabs the scoped rifle and hands it to Alex, and an extra hunting knife from his van and hands it to Danny. He also hands a radio to all five of them and takes one for himself. “Don’t be shy, no one goes unarmed. If you think you can use it, take it.”

    “Plan might change once we see the situation, but I like a sniper and cameraman on the roof as a spotter and backup for the sniper. Alex and Max or Deke? We scope out the area first before anyone goes in in case it isn’t Triads and we’re only spying. Might also want someone on the police scanner for when the heat shows up, they can double as a driver. Max or Deke there unless one of you got super hearing and we can just leave the radio going. Like I said, we should hit the rough blocks so there’s less chance of pig interest. If Liz can mind-fuck a Triad that’ll help with the grab.” Bulldog hands her a set of cuffs.

    “So I’m thinking two teams, rooftop eyes and mayhem with me below. Alex pops one and then I go in axe swinging. We focus on the grab before that if we can, but if not we just make sure to leave one breathing.”

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Once the fighting starts we are going to have to be quick.
    If we stick around long we will get our asses kicked."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex nods as he accepts the rifle from Bulldog. He looks it over, reacquainting himself with a weapon. It brought back memories of the private range that he spent so much time at. Old, rich men had strange hobbies, but he got a skill out of it plus it landed him the lead in that play. His walk down memory lane ended and he cracked his neck. Sliding on his Kevlar vest, he turned to Max and Deke.

    "Alright then, which one of you two is with me?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    @Maclay
    The vehicle is clear, to the best of your knowledge.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Fine by me." Danny casually leans against the SUV as he pulls on his other boot. "But yeah, we should be cautious about locking in specifics before we see the lay of the land."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max finishes putting on his gear, "getting the lay of the land is a good idea, but we should have a general plan of what everybody is going to do. We can always adapt later"

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I can melt into the shadows, so I can be like a Navy Seal
    And get a ground view of the area and how it might feel.
    And again, if I can catch one all alone
    I can make their little minds blown."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Ok, let me fill in the rest. We'll have team Reaper, Alex and Max, sniping and spotting over head from a roof top. If the action's all inside, then they're with us, team Mayhem." Bulldog hands the camera, mike, and his own Light Pistol to Max, and the .44 Remington to Alex. "The revolver's in case things get hairy up close. You drive the SUV, Alex."

    Bulldog hands the silenced Baretta and switchblade to Liz. "The rest of you are with me in the van. These are in case the bat doesn't cut it Liz. You and Danny will scout out the situation below, me and Deke will hang back until the action starts. You're our best shot to capture one quick."

    Finally, Bulldog hands the submachine gun and it's ammo to Deke, as well as a Kevlar vest. "You stick with me, don't shoot until they get close, then light em up. Try not to blow the whole clip. If shit gets too hot, run." The biker quickly runs Deke through reloading and clearing jams on the weapon.

    "Stay in radio contact. Call for backup if you need it. Remember, we only hit them if it's Triads, anything else we just lay low and make some tapes." Bulldog takes a couple of idle swings with his axe, lost in thought.

    "I can't think of anything else, any questions? If not, let's move."

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Deke handles the armament with utter unfamiliarity, although after a brief instruction seems to have at least mastered reloading. He follows Bulldog, although he barely manages the swagger of a cop in his concern to keep the SMG from killing him.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Shortly after the SUV turns on, the police scanner comes on as well, and it doesn't take long to be prompted on action in the city. A shooting here, a fleeing burglary suspect there, reports of hold ups at gas stations, mostly mundane things that any criminal could be involved in.

    Until the radio suddenly lights up with a newly alerted dispatcher.

    "Be advised. Shots fired at a nightclub near 27th and 10th in Chelsea, suspects considered armed and extremely dangerous, civilians reported fleeing the scene."

    Although such a notice should be responded to with an array of officers willing to head to the scene, it takes a full two minutes before an officer agrees to investigate. Not long after, a frantic call for backup is made that goes unanswered. Then gunfire and a hiss of static.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex sits behind the wheel, listening to the scanner's latest report. "That certainly sounds like something. Maybe that's where we start?"

    He turns back to the group that was loading themselves into the SUV. "Let's get moving, we'll need to find a place near that to park and get into position."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max looks up the cross streets on his maps, and gives appropriate directions, while also researching layout and general location of other features. If this goes south, running to the subway may be the last resort.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    Getting to the street in question is easy enough. Approaching the club is not. A police car is waiting outside the building in question with flashing lights, but there seems to be no activity otherwise. People still seem to be in a hurry to escape, and there's no cordoning of the crime scene, so the immediate front of the club is a disaster area. Abandoned vehicles, deserted belongings, and what appears to be a body or two lying in the street.

    The club itself still has a roped-off walkway leading to the front door, which is being guarded by a thin man in dark clothing. He seems completely unfazed by the sight of the street, and in no hurry to move.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Well." Danny leaned forward to get a view of the building. "If we had more time and more people, I'd probably suggest covering all points of egress and picking them off. Guessing we go in? Service entrance would be my recommendation."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Max, get some pictures if that guy. He look Asian? Too calm to be the bouncer, must be a lookout. If we think he's Triad he might be worth making the grab." Bulldog said.

    "Any luck getting the layout, other entrances?" The biker added.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    "All right, I think we need t see what that guy's deal is first. Let me get a real good look at him" Max takes a few photos from inside the van, then puts the camera down and just concentrates at the guard. "Unfortunately, whatever is on the inside isn't online. They have a front and a back, and a side entrance, I think. It may be locked, and I'm not sure if it's the kind of locked that's a problem for us or not. That's about all I could get."
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Auspex+Perception+Empathy

    Edit: WELP

    Auspex+Perception+Empathy:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=5, 4, 3, 3, 1, 9]

    Fencingsax on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    @Fencingsax
    The guard has a pale aura.

    rpcJVoo.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "I can't get a good enough look, unfortunately. He isn't human, but that's about all I got"

Sign In or Register to comment.