Options

[Deus Ex] It's not cancelled yet, but you can see it from here

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    non-lethal typhoon is so hilariously bad when you drop down into the middle of a room, thinking you're about to take everyone out in one fell swoop, and then you see that everyone but, like, one idiot is wearing a mask. For all other times there's rapid icarus dash into multiple double takedowns, I guess, as they seem to have a lot of trouble hitting you while you're dashing around.

I can't see myself using non-lethal typhoon even during a pacifist run. Original flavor typhoon was really handy for dealing with robots and sometimes tells me non-lethal variant doesn't affect them at all. Meanwhile TESLA can stun multiple targets without having to drop in the middle of them.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Frei wrote: »
    non-lethal typhoon is so hilariously bad when you drop down into the middle of a room, thinking you're about to take everyone out in one fell swoop, and then you see that everyone but, like, one idiot is wearing a mask. For all other times there's rapid icarus dash into multiple double takedowns, I guess, as they seem to have a lot of trouble hitting you while you're dashing around.

Non-lethal typhoon is like going to an expensive steak house and asking for tofu, medium rare.

Should have just made Jensen chain lightning all of the mans or something more exiting.

edit: "Non Lethal" typhoon?" I didn't ask for this.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I beat it.

92 hours.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Oh and when I got to
    GARM, Hanger 2

I decided to stop exploring everywhere. I just couldn't anymore, the idea of continuing to explore ever nook and cranny was starting to literally trigger my gag reflex.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Yes the fact that non lethal typhoon is awful compared to like anything else is what I was saying. Nothing else is quite as dramatic, but pretty much everything is immune to it.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    So I started my I Never Asked For This playthrough. I'm about 2.5 hours in, already at Mission 11. :D

Doing this with minimal augs, too. I don't even have Smart Vision, and Hacking - Capture is still at the default level 1.

• Options
    Finished GARM.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The GARM section became a lot more fun once I learned that the enemies there weren't immune to gas, and that gas mines were better than gas grenades due to a more predictable throwing arc and less shitty physics :P

• Options
    Up to the final area/mission again. Whee!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Well, I beat the game again. I Never Asked For This.

Now I just have to sit through 15 minutes of credits to see if I got Foxiest of the Hounds.

I completely fucked up the last two missions but I also got Smooth Operator for both of them so I don't know what that means.

I did not do the secondary objective which means everyone was on high alert after I went to Catering and again after the final boss. Including ALARM status.

But I still got Smooth Operator.

Hmm.

Drez on
  • Options
    The GARM section became a lot more fun once I learned that the enemies there weren't immune to gas, and that gas mines were better than gas grenades due to a more predictable throwing arc and less shitty physics :P

Mines also seem to make enemies less supicious than grenades and seem to work better/faster. They disperse the gas...better.

• Options
    By the way, I know you guys love Icarus Dash but it didn't seem useful to me at all. At least not on a ghost run.

My next run is an NG+ kill 'em all run so maybe I'll use it there. But it always seemed better to just cloak past enemies.

• Options
    I did not get Foxiest of the Hounds.

You fucking fuckers, Square.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    By the way, I know you guys love Icarus Dash but it didn't seem useful to me at all. At least not on a ghost run.

My next run is an NG+ kill 'em all run so maybe I'll use it there. But it always seemed better to just cloak past enemies.

It's mostly a convenience thing. There are some high up hiding spots easier to move between when you don't have to obey gravity much.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

It's mostly a convenience thing. There are some high up hiding spots easier to move between when you don't have to obey gravity much.

It's helpful in the Throat and M11.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I found icarus dash was only useful a few times in the entire game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I picked up Icarus Dash mostly for navigation purposes. It's very useful in that regard, though aiming it can be finicky at times.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    NG+ is hilarious.

Where you get your powers reset and given a bunch of praxis early game, it just gives you the 10 or however many praxis without resetting your augs.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    NG+ basically negates their microtransactions.

I'm okay with this.

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    NG+ basically negates their microtransactions.

I'm okay with this.

I wonder if the designers put it in as a "Fuck You" to Square.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Anyone know what was in the patch for this the other day?

• Options
    I also got Titan maxed for free in NG+.

I hadn't taken it at all in NG. Maxed in NG+ and didn't go back to zero at Koller (yes I started a third run last night at 2AM, I'm crazy).

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeah come to think of it that whole section was super weird. One or two quests after that one I pulled up my augs screen and wondered why I got Titan Shield for free, plus 27, twenty-seven spare Praxis points.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Yeah come to think of it that whole section was super weird. One or two quests after that one I pulled up my augs screen and wondered why I got Titan Shield for free, plus 27, twenty-seven spare Praxis points.

I wonder if they just give you enough Praxis to max out.

I had exactly enough Praxis to max everything after leaving Koller last night.

• Options
    edited September 2016

I wonder if they just give you enough Praxis to max out.

I had exactly enough Praxis to max everything after leaving Koller last night.

Nah it's not guaranteed max out. It's a lot though.

edit: also free maxed titan.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    NG+ is hilarious.

Where you get your powers reset and given a bunch of praxis early game, it just gives you the 10 or however many praxis without resetting your augs.

Do you get the option to change the Typhoon from non-lethal to lethal?

Because I did my non-lethal playthough, and for NG+ I'm looking to go all out with my augs more.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    NG+ is hilarious.

Because I did my non-lethal playthough, and for NG+ I'm looking to go all out with my augs more.

You do not get to respec per se so Typhoon is whatever it was in your "imported" save.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Non lethal typhoon is silly anyway. It doesn't work against enemies with masks.... Which is most of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just finished my third playthrough/second speedrun. Pretty sure I can speedrun this in my sleep now.

Got Foxiest this time.

Discovered some really odd happenings in Prague 3 this time.
    For some reason, on this run, I was getting a "searching" status after coming back to my apartment from the Dvali Theater. I couldn't figure out the trigger because I had definitely not been spotted. I did loot the breakable wall vault in Dvali theater, though, so i thought...maybe that was it? I reloaded before there, did not break the wall or loot the vault, and there was no more search status this time. Could that have been it? So weird.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Just finished my third playthrough/second speedrun. Pretty sure I can speedrun this in my sleep now.

Got Foxiest this time.

For some reason, on this run, I was getting a "searching" status after coming back to my apartment from the Dvali Theater. I couldn't figure out the trigger because I had definitely not been spotted. I did loot the breakable wall vault in Dvali theater, though, so i thought...maybe that was it? I reloaded before there, did not break the wall or loot the vault, and there was no more search status this time. Could that have been it? So weird.

There are some wall-breaks that put enemies into search status, even when there's nobody in earshot. It's irritating.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

Got Foxiest this time.

There are some wall-breaks that put enemies into search status, even when there's nobody in earshot. It's irritating.

This one wasn't even the same zone. I mean, the search status happened in South Prague, while the wall is in North Prague. But it could have been a chain reaction.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So I've been having issues where sometimes cutscenes will freeze the video, then lock up the sound, the hardlock my PC... I don't know if that stems from having a low end of the graphic spectrum card or not. I am planning on upgrading the card soon anyway though.

It's sporadic. one time it was from a cutscene within minutes of launching. this time was after playing for abotu 4 hours.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I spent all day doing everything but the story mission. I was really excited when it looks like I can rob a bank, but of course it everything needs an item specific key to open.

• Options
    Breach is a pain in the patootie.

• Options
    NG+ is hilarious.

You do not get to respec per se so Typhoon is whatever it was in your "imported" save.

If it's not too late, do what I did. Do not take either version of Typhoon in NG. Just wait and you'll be able to take either in NG+ and any subsequent playthroughs.

• Options
    I spent all day doing everything but the story mission. I was really excited when it looks like I can rob a bank, but of course it everything needs an item specific key to open.

Two of the vaults you can find the keys for in prague regardless of story progress.
    tarvos security vault card is in a safe in basement of sobchek security.
    picus vault card is behind a painting in appartment above the swan place from the neon sidequest.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    (Minor) Special dialog (slight story spoilers for the first couple of missions):
    The conversation with Sarif goes differently if you've discovered the hidden augments already, and he's surprised to hear from you again so soon if you call him before and after Koller.
    Miller and Jensen both have substantially different lines if you see Koller before or not.
    Miller will bug you if you take your sweet time getting to the first couple of TF29 missions

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Do you meet Radich Nikoladze in the main missions? I need an E-Book right next to him and I dont feel like stealthing through that Theater twice.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The penultimate mission of the game takes you to the theatre

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Do you meet Radich Nikoladze in the main missions? I need an E-Book right next to him and I dont feel like stealthing through that Theater twice.

Um, not necessarily.
    But you do have to go through the theater at some point I think. On my first playthrough I'd done everything for Otar and I just walked through it with everyone being friendly.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.