Options

[Deus Ex] It's not cancelled yet, but you can see it from here

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So.

Spoilers about Chikane and late game plot stuff.
    Apparently the artbook says he's an Illuminati mole. I checked out his hidden stash in game, and some mysterious folks are covering his brother's medical expenses. He may be the one who tips of Marchenko of your arrival at GARM. At the very least, he's tracking your comings and goings. I'm not certain if he and the other mole are aware of each other.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Oh and there's also a major exploit (major mid-to-late game spoilers):
    That lets you do mission 11 and mission 12. Definitely not intended - you have to go out of bounds to do it. And I confirmed it myself - 100% possible. I reloaded an earlier save because I wanted to do a proper, non-exploitative playthrough).

How does this work?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That lets you do mission 11 and mission 12. Definitely not intended - you have to go out of bounds to do it. And I confirmed it myself - 100% possible. I reloaded an earlier save because I wanted to do a proper, non-exploitative playthrough).

How does this work?

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/24101-how-complete-both-confronting-bomb-maker-and-heist-mankind-divided-tweak.html

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    ... I installed a patch for Deus Ex a few days ago.

Still only 11 save slots available, fuck you Squeenix.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Been going back through Human Revolution, and I took a closer look at how the Missing Link content - integrated into the game via DC - handled the Praxis count. I'd previously assumed the number you get back at the end is based on how many you earn after the reset, and apparently that was pretty close. However, there's an interesting exploit that could still land you several extra points, if you're patient. Notes below:
    In this run I'd earned 54 points up to planting the bomb in Wang's office. The XP from the goal did not push me into 55. Cue reset as TML starts. The Praxis case near your starting gear contined 7 kits, and I had earned back a total of 20 after defeating Burke. This was a thorough but not exhaustive search that checked every corner and bought every kit from Quinn, but did not maximize xp from takedowns or disabled equipment. At the very end your gear pre-TML is placed in a case, along with your missing Praxis points; this time I got back 27, pushing me back up to 54. Completing the mission by climbing back into the stasis pod ticked me over for another point, for a grand total of 55.

Out of curiosity I reloaded an earlier save and deliberately avoided two found Praxis kits, and did not engage guards in the final stretch (excepting Burke and his team). This time there were 29 points waiting for me with my gear, which still put me up to 54, but the xp from mission completion didn't get me to 55. From this, one can conclude the 'reward' is dynamic, based around Praxis points, and irrespective of your xp pool. As a point of reference, it takes about 68 points to fully upgrade every augmentation.

That said, while you can't return to the ship at the end, you can explore the station, now free of guards - and pick up any found Praxis kits you missed. This means you could theoretically ignore every kit (I believe I found four or five, counting the reward from Quinn in his office) and exploration bonus until the very end. You may not be allowed back into the detention facility - I didn't get to test that far - but you could still potentially come out a few points up if you're willing to wait.

The tl;dr is the content adjusts what you get back to land you at the rough point total where you started, but waiting until the very end to make pickups and explore could shoot you well past that. Granted, that far in you probably have most of what you'd need, but it is a way to push you closer to capping before the end of the game.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

How does this work?

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/24101-how-complete-both-confronting-bomb-maker-and-heist-mankind-divided-tweak.html

Yep, this.

It's kind of a pain in the ass, but not as much as you might expect.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    So I finally played through Desperate Measures. I did it on I Never Asked For This difficulty and wasn't seen once (Ghost/Smooth Operator all the way through) and didn't spend a single Praxis Point.

Only then did I realize there were no achievements.

Fun challenge, though.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    So I finally played through Desperate Measures. I did it on I Never Asked For This difficulty and wasn't seen once (Ghost/Smooth Operator all the way through) and didn't spend a single Praxis Point.

Only then did I realize there were no achievements.

Fun challenge, though.

Bravo.

The game's achievements never asked for this.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

How does this work?

Yep, this.

It's kind of a pain in the ass, but not as much as you might expect.

I'd be curious how this affects the dialog/story since you're not supposed to be able to do that. Beyond that, it seems kind of pointless.
    Sure you can get the items from both, but you don't actually get to "play" both missions, which in my opinion is where all the fun is.
    Endgame spoiler
    And the bomb jammer from mission 11 is unnecessary to complete all parts of the final mission with the "best" outcome. The cure is needed to save Miller, and you can deal with Marchenko instantly with his kill switch or quickly enough with emp's and non-lethal takedown or with about 15 tranq rounds. And if you found the keycard during the mission, you can get from Marchenko's room directly to the delegates' room in about 15 seconds, stopping them before they drink the poison. In my case, with the kill switch it took about 90 seconds from talking to Miller to finishing the game.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Beat the game last night and was very thorough with not triggering alarms, even spoiled myself on certain sure "alarm" triggers during the story only to get Foxiest.

And still did not get Foxiest of the Hounds... Great! Guess thats for the speedrun where I dont take any sidemissions at all, I know the game didnt count any alarms up to the end of GARM (if you trigger an alarm for the first time, you get a tutorial popping up) and I got Smooth Operator when reporting to Miller too.

I did get every E-Book and Pacifist though.

Edit: Double checked that my GARM save practically at the last room does give me the alarm tutorial (meaning I havent had any alarms prior to that) going to see if I can just go story missions from that and get Foxiest.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Finally finished after playing off and on over the past month. Play time clocked in around 30 hours.

I was surprised when it ended. I felt sure there was more. Like... a lot more. It felt really abrupt.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Dont worry, it will probably get a proper ending soon.

With paid DLC.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think the main problem with the ending is the haphazard, godawful presentation. Like, the way it ends isn't inherently terrible since it shows you consequences from your major choices through an interesting narrative framing device (and the whole mid-credits thing is super cool), but the real shitter is that once you beat the final mission a literal "You Beat The Game!" text screen pops up before the actual ending, and it's the most fucking jarring, immersion-breaking thing in the world. Not to mention the endgame achievements aren't all doled out at the same time so the entire experience isn't consistent.

I actually like the way the ending reflects on your overall choices in a quiet, introspective moment, but there are just badly-designed elements in that last ten minutes that bring the whole thing down.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

How does this work?

Sadly, I'm sure that once I start playing this again that will be patched out. :(

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I think the main problem with the ending is the haphazard, godawful presentation. Like, the way it ends isn't inherently terrible since it shows you consequences from your major choices through an interesting narrative framing device (and the whole mid-credits thing is super cool), but the real shitter is that once you beat the final mission a literal "You Beat The Game!" text screen pops up before the actual ending, and it's the most fucking jarring, immersion-breaking thing in the world. Not to mention the endgame achievements aren't all doled out at the same time so the entire experience isn't consistent.

I actually like the way the ending reflects on your overall choices in a quiet, introspective moment, but there are just badly-designed elements in that last ten minutes that bring the whole thing down.

More mid-credits stuff? Feh, I just cancelled right out of that.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

How does this work?

Sadly, I'm sure that once I start playing this again that will be patched out. :(

Well Deus Ex should be about choice anyway.

So I'd say it's a positive!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    If anything, I would be okay with it being a timed failure for both, but yeah. IDK.

I'm still in Golem, trying to find/open all the things.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I was a bit confused about my "choices" at the end.
    It seemed like I had to choose between letting Marchenko blow up a bunch of civilians or saving Nathaniel Brown.

I chose the civilians. But then when I went after Brown, he was fine and we evacuated him safely. It turns out I had plenty of time to do both?

RT800 on
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    I was a bit confused about my "choices" at the end.
    It seemed like I had to choose between letting Marchenko blow up a bunch of civilians or saving Nathaniel Brown.

I chose the civilians. But then when I went after Brown, he was fine and we evacuated him safely. It turns out I had plenty of time to do both?
    Correct. It is timed but if you move quick enough you can take care of both.

• Options
    To be certain that this New Game+ run actually gives me Foxiest, I'm going to skip all sidemissions and stealth through everything, no takedowns unless neccessary.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    To be certain that this New Game+ run actually gives me Foxiest, I'm going to skip all sidemissions and stealth through everything, no takedowns unless neccessary.

Just to let you know, you shouldn't expect to be doing much with the experience/equipment gained in New Game+ for New Game++. Any New Game+X started will start you with your original New Game character that you completed the "first round" with.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Yeah, don't be like me and spend your NG+ pacifist run stockpiling AP ammo for your NG++ glorious violence for everyone run.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Yeah, don't be like me and spend your NG+ pacifist run stockpiling AP ammo for your NG++ glorious violence for everyone run.

That's good to know. And kind of lame!

• Options
    Also, it's times like that when CheatEngine comes in handy. Just give yourself 600 rounds of AP ammo and BAM, done.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Not on PS4 you can't.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I did this in NG, lol.

Drez on
  • Options
    Not on PS4 you can't.

That whole locked down platform thing is a pain.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    There is something I find inherently amusing about how Jensen chooses to get around when the trains aren't running.
    Strolling along the tracks flexing his arm. Clearly completely unhurried.

• Options
    Prague 3rd time was a thing I could do without.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

So much this.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I have a question about the last mission
    So I keep reading about Miller being poisoned, and needing the antidote from the bank heist to save him

But in my game he got shot in the kitchen

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So I keep reading about Miller being poisoned, and needing the antidote from the bank heist to save him

I don't remember any bullet wounds, I think he was just beaten up and poisoned and left for dead. Either way, if you have the antidote he survives the injuries.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »

I don't remember any bullet wounds, I think he was just beaten up and poisoned and left for dead. Either way, if you have the antidote he survives the injuries.

Huh.
    My memory is a little fuzzy, but I definitely remember him talking about getting into a fight

There wasn't an option to do anything with the antidote

• Options
    edited September 2016

Huh.
    My memory is a little fuzzy, but I definitely remember him talking about getting into a fight

He did get into a fight and then they forced him to drink the poisoned champagne.

You have to talk to him again before leaving and then you should get the option to give him the antidote.

Sirialis on
  • Options

Huh.

He did get into a fight and then they forced him to drink the poisoned champagne.

You have to talk to him again before leaving and then you should get the option to give him the antidote.
    Aww. I just left him for dead!

I'll just have to get it right this time.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

So much this.

It felt like they were trying to evoke/expand on Hell's Kitchen from the original Deus Ex, but forgot that DX1 had a lengthy stay in Hong Kong to separate the later visits. It could have worked - I think it did the 'city under lockdown' feel better than Hengsha part 2, what with people getting off the streets even if it means holing up in a bar somewhere - but without something as a contrast it doesn't feel all that different from earlier visits; just more of a depressing shithole. You're left to focus on the challenge of getting around and grabbing any loot you've missed, and by then both can get old fast.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So playing NG+ to try to get foxiest....what did the illuminati actually accomplish with the Dubai thing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So playing NG+ to try to get foxiest....what did the illuminati actually accomplish with the Dubai thing?
    I believe it's one (the first?) of the rash of attacks across the globe that the Illuminati intend to blame on ARC (along with the Ruzicka Station attack, and I believe the NSN conversation between Miller and Manderley mention something on US soil as well). A little redundant maybe, but it helps give the impression that this is a global issue, since 95% of the game takes place in Prague.

As for why the Prague office of TF29 ended up dealing with it, DeBeers presumably wanted Jensen present. It's possible that DeBeers intended from the beginning to drop Marchenko et. al. into Jensen's crosshairs in order to give Jensen the necessary credibility to meet Janus (while keeping this from the rest of the Council—save DuClare—because he suspects one of them, I guess). However, the Ruzicka Station attack would've accomplished that on its own, so... I dunno.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    I believe it's one (the first?) of the rash of attacks across the globe that the Illuminati intend to blame on ARC (along with the Ruzicka Station attack, and I believe the NSN conversation between Miller and Manderley mention something on US soil as well). A little redundant maybe, but it helps give the impression that this is a global issue, since 95% of the game takes place in Prague.

As for why the Prague office of TF29 ended up dealing with it, DeBeers presumably wanted Jensen present. It's possible that DeBeers intended from the beginning to drop Marchenko et. al. into Jensen's crosshairs in order to give Jensen the necessary credibility to meet Janus (while keeping this from the rest of the Council—save DuClare—because he suspects one of them, I guess). However, the Ruzicka Station attack would've accomplished that on its own, so... I dunno.
    I'm guessing, like Sneaks said, Dubai was to globalize the issue, same as the fake attack on Versalife and the frame-up in London.

It also madeTF29 come down hard on ARC, and it might also have been in place in-case Ruzika failed.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Road Block wrote: »
    There is something I find inherently amusing about how Jensen chooses to get around when the trains aren't running.
    Strolling along the tracks flexing his arm. Clearly completely unhurried.

I was expecting him to break out into a brisk jog or even an energetic walk, but that motherfucker give no fucks

Also, the audio transitioning between the pre-rendered video is awful

BRIAN BLESSED on