Options

[Deus Ex] It's not cancelled yet, but you can see it from here

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Yeah I've got to say. I loved the original Human Revolution and got 100% on all the achievements. But Mankind Divided has me feeling "meh."

Now, I do think the gameplay is amazing. I love the new augs and it's certainly a lot of fun to use Icarus dash and all your cool abilities to be the ultimate ghost. Gameplay wise, the game is just so much fun.

Unfortunately, the enjoyment I get out of the gameplay is short lived by the terrible story and how quickly the main mission storyline can be completed. Also, I have zero interest in Prague and the fact that we keep coming back here gets me further and further disappointed with the game. The original game was more enjoyable for me because Detroit, Hong Kong, Montreal, Panchea, there were all fascinating locations. When I looked out and saw the matte paintings of New York and Hong Kong from the Tai Young medical windows, I wanted to visit those places. It was simply beautiful and memorable and left me in awe.

These screenshots from HR are ultimately more interesting than anything I've seen in Mankind Divided. (The Gulag was cool.)
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A640&background-color=black
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A640&background-color=black
    172AE134C26A06203C52F3AAD94A2A26D2206497
    1BBE4844E306CA8087D720379778A9EFC7B70E82
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:640&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A640&background-color=blackp

There was nothing in Prague that made me want to take a screenshot. Sure there were cool advertisements and I thought the pills going into the open mouth for the subway were super creative. But ultimately, it's really boring. The characters are uninteresting, the storyline feels pointless, and I just can't find a reason why I should give a f--- about what's happening.

Sad to say, but for me Human Revolution is a superior game in terms of getting me immersed in the world and making me give a damn. (Not saying the story is award winning, but I felt more invested than I do with Mankind Divided.)

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Really? I feel like MK did a great job with it's characters. The Samizdat crew, the forger, hell that random policewoman in the forger mission.

Also the game really had something against psychologists...
    One is an Illuminati mole, the other is the doctor in the copy-cat murder case who is just such an asshole.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    There is something I find inherently amusing about how Jensen chooses to get around when the trains aren't running.
    Strolling along the tracks flexing his arm. Clearly completely unhurried.

I was expecting him to break out into a brisk jog or even an energetic walk, but that motherfucker give no fucks

Also, the audio transitioning between the pre-rendered video is awful

Am I the only one that thinks the start of the animation has him looking like he's starting a wanking motion with his arm?

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Really? I feel like MK did a great job with it's characters. The Samizdat crew, the forger, hell that random policewoman in the forger mission.

Yeah but those are side characters. I'm referring more to the supporting cast like Alex, Miller, Macready, Chang, etc. Their personalities are not nearly as interesting as Sariff's, Malak, and Pritchard.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The Pritchard dlc comes out today.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Seems to be live now. I don't have the Season Pass but it appears to be a 1gb patch + 5gb DLC download. It's also a standalone DLC just like the pre-order mission, meaning you don't get anything from your main story save and start with a set amount of praxis and items.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Does Pritchard have a different voice actor in this? Listening to the trailer it doesn't sound like the same guy as in Human Revolution. If so that's a shame, as him and Sarif were both great and it'd be sad to lose two of the old voices.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that's Pritchard. Also, I had a fun time with this expansion. Spent anout three hours scraping every nook and cranny.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Instead of making that DLC, they should probably have worked on a more coherent ending that gave this part of the story a sense of closure.

Or increase the save slots... I patched the game very recently and didnt get more slots. (PS4 players got a patch recently that added more save slots right?)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    This was a fun DLC. I like sneaky heisting, and I've always enjoyed the Pritchard-Jensen dynamic.
    Shame we didn't get to find more compromising information on those evil company servers though

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Has the M11/12 exploit been fixed? I just
    talked down Allison, and once I got control of Adam again Alex called me and said VersaLife had emptied their account.

• Options
    Blarg. Tried to roll back to a previous build, but the download kept hanging not far from the end. Hrng.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    DLC conversation:
    "I'm inside the Blade, Pritchard."
    "Good. I was worried you might get sidetracked by some random civilian in need of a hero."
    "I had several enticing offers, but I turned them all down just for you."
    "Oh, goodie."

I really missed the banter between these two. Pritchard is just a note-perfect foil to Jensen and their few conversations so far have been more entertaining than most of MD.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    By the by, there are several triggers in the bank for church-related dialogs, and most of them are avoidable, but the final one covers the entirety of what's-her-face's office, so there's no way to proceed without shutting down the church.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    This was a fun DLC. I like sneaky heisting, and I've always enjoyed the Pritchard-Jensen dynamic.
    Shame we didn't get to find more compromising information on those evil company servers though

Yeah, this was a good piece of DLC that, for me, unfortunately highlights a big problem with the main game's plot.
    Digging into who the Illuminati are should have been priority one, with stopping their plots a recurring secondary goal. One of HR's main problems was the lack of a consistent antagonist, with its competing conspiracies essentially a subplot to Bob Page wanting Megan Reed and her research. MD was their chance to get it right, but again we're sidetracked by putting too much emphasis on their moment-to-moment strategizing rather the broader picture of who they are and what they want. It'd be like if Deus Ex was wholly focused on curing the Grey Death, rather than pulling the conspiracy up root and branch.

Understandably, Jensen can't actually stop Page due to canon issues, but they could go a lot farther than they do. Having Jensen confront DeBeers in the end, showing that the powerful head of this globe-spanning conspiracy is a feeble, dying old man, could have made for an excellent conversation battle to close the game. It would call back to his confrontation with Hugh Darrow, and give him a chance to learn that it was Page, specifically, who went ahead with the attack on Sarif Industries so long ago.

System Rift has a solid multi-layered mystery, striking level design, enjoyable dialogue, and a few clever gameplay twists; the heat sensors were a welcome twist to stealth as usual. In my opinion this is a taste of what the whole game should have been. It needed more getting dirt on the inner circle, more of Jensen's deteriorating relationships and conflicting loyalties, and more keeping us guessing about who's playing who. MD needed more of everything that's here, and less belaboring the point about the horrors of aug racism.

Overall it's a great piece of what could have been, but as time goes on I find myself liking MD less as a result.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    You know there were some great characters in Mankind Divided. But I really did miss Pritchard and Mallak. And even Sarif despite being present felt kind of like a footnote.

Don't get me wrong I liked Jensen's allies in this game. But I don't feel we get to know them as well in this game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Every conversation with Sarif in that game just makes me wish for what could have been if they'd brought the old VA back. It's honestly really awkward to hear it because they nailed the casting for that dude the first time around and it isn't nearly the same despite the talent

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    "Crazy person," was a pretty good pick for him.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Got Foxiest of the Hounds the second time through, along with a few other cheevos. Came up several ebooks short of Tablet Collector, though, which is vexing, and somehow Neon Nights didn't trigger. Lastly, I have pretty much all of the aug-specific achievements to get. Wonder if I want to go for all that on a NG+.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    "Crazy person," was a pretty good pick for him.

I think that video was just a horribly received joke.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I have one request for the developers for the next Deus Ex game.

Stop with the hacking minigame. It's. Not. Fun.

Seriously just replace it with something simple like what they did with remote hacking.

• Options
    Whaaaaat? The hacking game is amusing. Giving players another consumable for just computers (similar to the door/safe hacking device) would be a nice compromise.

• Options
    Whaaaaat? The hacking game is amusing. Giving players another consumable for just computers (similar to the door/safe hacking device) would be a nice compromise.

Pretty sure Multitools work on computers, of course unless the computer controlls something or is a part of a mission it's way more cost then it's worth.

Point is you spend way to much time doing it for the privilege of reading office banter. It'd probably be fine if they just left non progress related computers unlocked or had variant minigames for different devices. Again like remote hacking.

• Options

Pretty sure Multitools work on computers, of course unless the computer controlls something or is a part of a mission it's way more cost then it's worth.

Point is you spend way to much time doing it for the privilege of reading office banter. It'd probably be fine if they just left non progress related computers unlocked or had variant minigames for different devices. Again like remote hacking.

Really? Never tried to use them on computers.

That said, if there is a compromise in place, then it's fine imo.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Really? Never tried to use them on computers.

That said, if there is a compromise in place, then it's fine imo.

Multitools definitely work on computers. I used one on
    Nikoladze's
    Security terminal on my minimal-aug I Never Asked For This playthrough so I could
    escape using his vault.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Does it matter how long you take to get to some missions? Miller keeps asking me to come in after just getting to Prague, but there's stuff to see! Will it make a difference if I keep him waiting?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Does it matter how long you take to get to some missions? Miller keeps asking me to come in after just getting to Prague, but there's stuff to see! Will it make a difference if I keep him waiting?

In this case no, generally other then a bit of complaining from your quest givers there generally isn't any consequences for taking your time.

There are points where any outstanding sidequests are locked out, but your given a warning when progressing the story will lock out content so don't worry.

As far as I can recall there is only one quest with a time component.
    The very last mission

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    finally got a chance to get back to this today for a couple hours, finished Golem after probably spending way too much time in there heh.

the DX12 build makes the game run so fucking great btw, everything is now super smooth on my 970 (not that I had too many problems originally tbh)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    finally got a chance to get back to this today for a couple hours, finished Golem after probably spending way too much time in there heh.

the DX12 build makes the game run so fucking great btw, everything is now super smooth on my 970 (not that I had too many problems originally tbh)

Oh they fixed it? It was killing my performance in the beta, like literal minutes loading, and actually like 5-10 FPS lower than DX11

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Having Jensen confront DeBeers in the end,

do not to disturb lucius debeers

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Oh they fixed it? It was killing my performance in the beta, like literal minutes loading, and actually like 5-10 FPS lower than DX11

every normal patch they've released since DX12 branch came out has also included DX12 patches. For me at least, finally get around to trying it this weekend, it ran fantastic!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Hey people, I previously asked about mouse acceleration in the previous thread when the game first released.

Has the issue been fixed? Was thinking about picking this up this weekend.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Hey people, I previously asked about mouse acceleration in the previous thread when the game first released.

Has the issue been fixed? Was thinking about picking this up this weekend.

I just started playing this week and I had to turn down the mouse sensitivity to 10 (from 50'ish) to make it not feel completely spastic. At 10 with my mouse at 1200dpi it feels great.

Now if they would only fix the incredibly slow walk speed.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    side mission 00
    This whole Neon side quest baffles me. I discovered (read: broke into) an apartment belonging to Cygnus, with the rainbow swan on it, and the game wants me to investigate this popular drug based on like two emails I got off a computer, and now I'm here in the lab and apparently there's no resolution other than to shut it down. I didn't know about the stuff until this mission, and I still don't know what it does, despite the text in the log that implies it was my goal to find out. Why is there a mission?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    side mission 00
    This whole Neon side quest baffles me. I discovered (read: broke into) an apartment belonging to Cygnus, with the rainbow swan on it, and the game wants me to investigate this popular drug based on like two emails I got off a computer, and now I'm here in the lab and apparently there's no resolution other than to shut it down. I didn't know about the stuff until this mission, and I still don't know what it does, despite the text in the log that implies it was my goal to find out. Why is there a mission?

There's a lot of steps you can bypass in that quest depending how you approach it. Sounds like you missed the rave event.
    If you do the sequence that lets you into the rave, you'll come across a conversation that Neon is fatal to most augmented due to how it interacts with neuropozine. At some point you come across a message from someone discussing weaponizing it to wipe out augs or some such.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Sounds like I missed the entire context for the quest. I'm going to leave it undone until I can see that bit.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Great game, tons of content, but not enough plot closure. Also pacing issues, because that last mission didn't feel like "this is for all the marbles" at all. I fully expected there to be more conspiracy stuff to deal with after that. Also the fact that there were only
    TWO bosses in the entire game (that I met) and only one of them was on the critical path
    was jarring. Still, got a Pacifist run my first time through. Didn't get Foxiest, but I definitely set off some alarms. Load times are a pain so I didn't save scum every little thing; just most.

Gonna play NG++ for the rest of Breach software and do Triangles. Probably will do another stealth run to get Foxiest. Too much fun that way.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Currently making my way through Mankind Divided... I have to say that I really love this game.

• Options
    Quick question about Golem
    There any significant difference in dialogue or outcome from not harming the guys on the way to meet the leader? I was avoiding them all but it got to be very time consuming and boring (it's why I stopped playing) and if I start again I just want to clear them all out then loot the place unabated.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Quick question about Golem
    There any significant difference in dialogue or outcome from not harming the guys on the way to meet the leader? I was avoiding them all but it got to be very time consuming and boring (it's why I stopped playing) and if I start again I just want to clear them all out then loot the place unabated.

Well you might find it harder to talk to the leader because he's going to be pissed off you killed all his people. So yes, there will be a difference in dialogue.

masterthehero on
    hk52krrtzsf6.gif