Options

USA Presidential Election 2016: A Hard Day's Right

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I bet if you're a guy with a good heart who happens to have a small penis* it hurts a lot when you see that attribute used as an insult. Because you could still be a good lover and all that important shit but you're indelibly associated with people who cut people up on the freeway.

Cut then, counterpoint, when a friend finally dumped her transphobic, redneck, prison guard boyfriend and revealed that he has a tiny penis the response was "yeah of course he does, I never doubted that for a second.

*and before you ask, no, I don't have a good heart.

This was brought up with those naked Trump statues that were put up a few weeks back. Part of the iconography of those was that they depicted him with small genitalia, and there were a number of accounts from men about how doing so was very shaming for them, because it was making that body feature into a moral defect.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this.

I like the idea of a naked Trump statue, but I want it to be accurate (more or less). I don't want that to be a baked in insult. I want it to be more about the artist's depiction of an extremely powerful and extremely well insulated man shown with all of his clothes and possessions taken away, and how that changes the opinions of the people who view said statue.

Essentially, I want to go watch King Lear.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I think people are often pretty inconsiderate of how using derogatory insults about people's sexual characteristics often makes people who aren't the target feel awful. (I think they're stupid, shitty, horrible insults anyway but also this)

If you laugh at someone and say they have a smsll penis then, well, if they don't they don't care. It's an empty insult. But maybe someone nearby does, and you just made them feel crap.

I don't like the insinuation that Donald Trump has a tiny penis because it's quietly hurtful to people who actually aren't... well endowed. Saying mean things doesn't always impact the people you intend it to.

I don't like the insinuation that Donald Trump has a tiny penis because it means thinking about Donald Trump's penis. Mitt Romney was one thing, but this is just a bridge too far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Imagine there're no penises.

It's easy if you try.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    WordLust wrote: »
    There was a guy in my high school. He was kind of a weird gangly-looking guy. He wasn't an outcast or anything, but he wasn't really someone people paid a lot of attention to either. He had a really weird looking face, with beady little eyes and ears that faced full forward like elephant ears. He had a vague resemblance to a high-school-sized GWBush in certain ways.

Then one day, around 10th grade, when he joined some sports teams and started showering with the other dudes, word got around that he was actually huuuung like craaaaazy. After that, everyone started talking to him a lot more, he had a new girlfriend like every month, and dudes wanted to hang out with him.

The moral of this story is that MORE DUDES WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH HIM. Thus proving that all men, whether they admit it or not, are a little bit gay. They loved that he had a big dong!

One of the weirdest things that ever happened to me: when I was at school there was a kid who started a rumour that I was hung like a moose. That I had some terrifying gargoyle penis that struck terror into the hearts of mortal men. It wasn't true, manifestly (you've all seen me play guitar), but the fact that it started made me incredibly uncomfortable. Firstly because the guy had been my roommate for a while, and I'd undressed in front of him. Didn't this imply that he'd been checking out my penis while I wasn't looking? How did that come up in conversation? Was this something that people were talking about all the time? And you know, for the teenage girls hearing that story I don't think it made them go "wow, what a stud, I'm going to get on that", because I'm sure many inexperienced young women are terrified of their ability to accommodate any penis, let alone one of mythological proportions. And if they had then approached me, how much pressure am I then under when I disrobe in front of them? Would they be disappointed in any penis that doesn't have to actually unfurl?

It was a very weird, uncomfortable moment for me and it isn't hard at all to call up how bad it felt to know I was being spoken about like that, something that I think young women, as a comparison, deal with constantly. I'll bet men who actually have giant cocks have a lot of hang ups about it too. I dunno, does Mori even post in this thread?

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    It'll be real interesting when people that grew up with social media start getting into politics. Every shitty thought they had as a teenager archived if you know how to look.

The first handful are going to be roasted. But eventually I would imagine it would be so common place that'll just get ignored.

You should read up on Mhairi Black, she's the youngest member of parliament in the UK at 22. She has brilliant tweets to her name from when a teengager such as "Maths is shite" and "Woke up beside half a can of Tennents and a full pizza and more money than I came out with. I call that a success!"

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm younger than luckey so I can judge him right

Yeah, go ahead

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There was a guy in my high school. He was kind of a weird gangly-looking guy. He wasn't an outcast or anything, but he wasn't really someone people paid a lot of attention to either. He had a really weird looking face, with beady little eyes and ears that faced full forward like elephant ears. He had a vague resemblance to a high-school-sized GWBush in certain ways.

Then one day, around 10th grade, when he joined some sports teams and started showering with the other dudes, word got around that he was actually huuuung like craaaaazy. After that, everyone started talking to him a lot more, he had a new girlfriend like every month, and dudes wanted to hang out with him.

The moral of this story is that MORE DUDES WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH HIM. Thus proving that all men, whether they admit it or not, are a little bit gay. They loved that he had a big dong!

One of the weirdest things that ever happened to me: when I was at school there was a kid who started a rumour that I was hung like a moose. That I had some terrifying gargoyle penis that struck terror into the hearts of mortal men. It wasn't true, manifestly (you've all seen me play guitar), but the fact that it started made me incredibly uncomfortable. Firstly because the guy had been my roommate for a while, and I'd undressed in front of him. Didn't this imply that he'd been checking out my penis while I wasn't looking? How did that come up in conversation? Was this something that people were talking about all the time? And you know, for the teenage girls hearing that story I don't think it made them go "wow, what a stud, I'm going to get on that", because I'm sure many inexperienced young women are terrified of their ability to accommodate any penis, let alone one of mythological proportions. And if they had then approached me, how much pressure am I then under when I disrobe in front of them? Would they be disappointed in any penis that doesn't have to actually unfurl?

It was a very weird, uncomfortable moment for me and it isn't hard at all to call up how bad it felt to know I was being spoken about like that, something that I think young women, as a comparison, deal with constantly. I'll bet men who actually have giant cocks have a lot of hang ups about it too. I dunno, does Mori even post in this thread?

Now I'm just imagining Batman crouching on your dong, looking over that which he protects

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    at a certain size I imagine it becomes somewhat of a hassle, not that I have to imagine because of course my penis is extremely large and certainly above average at least and nothing to be ashamed of

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    What if Trump had just... a hog. Just a huge, beefy pleasure python. Like something that would make Mitt Romney gulp. I can't imagine it being true, but I dunno, I'm not a perfect judge of genitalia. It just feels narratively right that he has something piggly wiggly.

Spoilered for huge:

I really hesitated before opening that

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Look I have to worry about the witches kiss enough as is, if I had a bigger penis I imagine it would be a more frequent occurance.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That experience really came to mind a few years ago when there were all these rumours about Jon Hamm having to be dressed differently on the set of Mad Men because of his huge cock (or something? I can't remember how it came up, but the gist is big cock). Someone asked him about it and he surprised the world by actually getting really angry and hurt and saying that's a disgraceful thing to ask someone.

And on the one hand I knew from experience that he was right, and on the other I can imagine Christina Hendricks rolling her eyes so hard that she shit her pants.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

It's easy if you try.

Nowhere to blow us.

Emptiness between thigh.

• Options
    That experience really came to mind a few years ago when there were all these rumours about Jon Hamm having to be dressed differently on the set of Mad Men because of his huge cock (or something? I can't remember how it came up, but the gist is big cock). Someone asked him about it and he surprised the world by actually getting really angry and hurt and saying that's a disgraceful thing to ask someone.

And on the one hand I knew from experience that he was right, and on the other I can imagine Christina Hendricks rolling her eyes so hard that she shit her pants.

It is kind of funny how indignant dudes get when they are objectified at times.

Then again it was nice in the Joss Whedon vote video the nude pay off was for a dude and not one of the ladies.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

It's easy if you try.

Nowhere to blow us.

Emptiness between thigh.

certainly easier to shave

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    There was a guy I went to college with who we always joked had a monster dong. Like, in that very joking way, you know, like he has to tie it around his waist before putting pants on, like it's that video of a snake opening the closet door when he gets undressed, that sort of thing. I don't really know where these jokes came from - he was a super laid back dude, he was pretty slutty, he was short, so it would be kind of humorously incongruous, who knows. But once the jokes started, they never really stopped.

Anyways, about a month ago we did some sex stuff together. And he just had a perfectly normal dick. Maybe a bit bigger than the average, I didn't have a lot of other dicks right there with me to compare, but, y'know, overall it seemed about normal.

And it just had me wondering about all of that stuff with him. I've spoken to people who had slept with him before, and they generally supported the big dipper hypothesis, but I think that was more just playing along with the joke. He always seemed to be totally cool with all the jokes too, it's not like he was bothered by his perceived dick size.

I don't know, this post doesn't really have much of a point, and I'm not entirely sure I'm going to post it even as I type now. More just empty musing about how much we think about dick size.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I mean, baked into all of this is the question, should we stop making fun of dudes for their miniature wieners? That's not something you can really change that much, despite what my spam folder tells me, which is generally a line I take on the whole things to make fun of people for front, but theoretically all you're attacking in these instances is the person's own perception that they have an especially little friend.

But I'm not about to start saying that just because a guy drives an obnoxious sports car, he probably has a poor perception of the size of his johnson, partially predicated on the way that dick size is emphasized in media, which has caused him to overcompensate in the realm of things he can control.

That's just unwieldy.

Sometimes you gotta wade through crap or unwieldy burns to get to a good one. The evolution of fark.com's terminology for Ann Coulter lately is a great example - it's moved from mostly transphobic into experimental territory with stuff like "apprentice Baba Yaga" and "hate skeleton," coming into play. I especially like that latter one.

I mean, it's probably offensive to skeletons, but they're too busy lurking in barrels to surprize unwary adventurers to do anything about me saying it.

We will find something else to call the profoundly aggressive and insecure eventually, is what I'm saying here, and it'll bum them right out.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Now I'm just imagining Batman crouching on your dong, looking over that which he protects

Or it turns to stone in daylight and funnels water

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

Or it turns to stone in daylight and funnels water

I mean it turns to stone alright, am I right Tube?

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I don't think it's funny at all, because it's something unpleasant happening that you're not used to. The sad thing is that it's hard to move on from that experience to "I should obviously not do this to women". While I eventually came to that conclusion, the two things aren't interlinked.

I did learn not to aggressively pursue women from being aggressively pursued as a very young man by a gay gentleman who told me he could see my genitals through my trousers and went so far as to actually follow me home*. That taught me how awful that must feel for women who have to deal with it regularly, and it took me about a week to fully get over. I went through all the "was it my fault? was I leading him on?" cliches that again, women deal with all the time. Thankfully I had dozens of positive gay role models by that point so the experience never became about his sexuality for me.

*in one of my brighter ideas, I instead walked to the house of my kickboxing instructor

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I'm younger than luckey so I can judge him right

"Don't be so quick to judge others. Take your time and really get into it." --Demetri Martin

WordLust on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I would bet that if Trump were super proud of his package, we've had heard about it long before he ran for President.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I believe it came up because he was walking around New York without any underpants on and a photographer happened to take his picture at the exact moment necessary to see the precise shape, girth and outline of his endowment

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I don't think it's funny at all, because it's something unpleasant happening that you're not used to. The sad thing is that it's hard to move on from that experience to "I should obviously not do this to women". While I eventually came to that conclusion, the two things aren't interlinked.

I did learn not to aggressively pursue women from being aggressively pursued as a very young man by a gay gentleman who told me he could see my genitals through my trousers and went so far as to actually follow me home*. That taught me how awful that must feel for women who have to deal with it regularly, and it took me about a week to fully get over. I went through all the "was it my fault? was I leading him on?" cliches that again, women deal with all the time. Thankfully I had dozens of positive gay role models by that point so the experience never became about his sexuality for me.

*in one of my brighter ideas, I instead walked to the house of my kickboxing instructor

I haven't had this to following me home levels (although tracking me down online has happened)

But hoo boy, I have had some weird experiences being objectified like this

And before I'd had some of the bad ones, I actually got into a weird kind of place from it, because I was being objectified by people who were either completely non-threatening or who I was actually attracted to myself

So I got into that like, "I don't see why women don't like being objectified, shit feels great"

And then I had like, people who were way younger or way older than me objectify me, occasionally in some fairly insistent and threatening ways, and man, that is not a good feeling

I'm still cool with it when my friends do it, because I know the score there, but it is just a bad bad thing all around, and I try my best to avoid doing it to others

• Options
    One of the things people don't understand about objectification is that it feels great from people that you want to see you sexually and horrible from people you don't. Like no one cares if their wife tells them they're a little fucktoy but they super don't want to hear it from Dean in accounts. If you're saying it about some woman who's cosplaying or whatever (that's where I see it most often), you have to understand that you're almost certainly in the second category, it's going to feel gross and weird. There's also a difference between "you look great today" and "your tits are awesome", where one is a non-sexual compliment that lifts you up a little and the other is reminding you that the person you're talking to is thinking about how much they want to ejaculate.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I see those banner ads for, "Grow a foot-long cock!"

And it's like

What would you even do with that much dick.

It's too much dick, is what it is

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I've always wondered what happens when you click on one of those magic cock ads or what have you, not enough to find out, but one does wonder

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

And it's like

Biologically speaking anything over 4 inches is dangerous

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

And it's like

now pooro on what websites exactly are you seeing these advertisements

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I can't think of a single problem I have that would be solved if I had a cock that was a foot long

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

And it's like

Yarn wholesalers

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I can't think of a single problem I have that would be solved if I had a cock that was a foot long

"I need something quick to kill this spider"

• Options

you need to measure the length of a cylindrical tube and you don't have a ruler on you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

And it's like

Subway.com

Some advertisers horribly misinterpreted the $5 rotisserie chicken deal.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

you need to measure the length of a cylindrical tube and you don't have a ruler on you

Yeah it would be super useful if it was exactly 1 foot long.

If it was like 11 3/4" then like... man. That's useless.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    One of the things people don't understand about objectification is that it feels great from people that you want to see you sexually and horrible from people you don't. Like no one cares if their wife tells them they're a little fucktoy but they super don't want to hear it from Dean in accounts. If you're saying it about some woman who's cosplaying or whatever (that's where I see it most often), you have to understand that you're almost certainly in the second category, it's going to feel gross and weird. There's also a difference between "you look great today" and "your tits are awesome", where one is a non-sexual compliment that lifts you up a little and the other is reminding you that the person you're talking to is thinking about how much they want to ejaculate.

I don't get why guys who say shit like "What's the big deal, I'd love it if women aggressively pursued me and told me how hot I am!" can't get this through their heads. Yeah, scores of attractive people diving at your junk, who wouldn't like that? But consider the possibility of a woman you find *gasp* unattractive, or a man you find unattractive, aggressively pursuing you. Five separate, heavy-set, 65 year old people wolf whistling at you on the walk to the coffee shop. Some guy with 6 inches and 50 pounds on you leaning way too close and asking where you live, because you're just the kind of guy he likes.

Anyone who can't see what's objectionable about that is actively trying to not understand. In their heads, is every single man just infallibly attractive to every woman, so objectification by them couldn't ever be unwanted? I just don't get it.

• Options
    edited September 2016

And it's like

I think this sort of thing comes from a real weird place.

As we were saying earlier, the whole thing about having a little piggy (as opposed to a monster hog) is less about the actual size of your junk, and more about your perception of its size.

So say you've got like, a five incher. A perfectly respectable dick, all told. Depending on the study, you might be a bit below average, and unless you're into some niche shit, you're gonna be smaller than most porno cocks.

So if you're at that point, and you decide you've got a small dick, either because of those (mis)conceptions, or because of related bedroom failings, I think you'd start to regard a big dick as being something that's really kind of beyond what it should be. A six inch special is pretty much the same thing as what you have, so fuck it, let's double it. Let's definitively exit out of small dick territory.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Protip if you're an often injured back up to the back up catcher for a family friendly baseball team, making racially charged comments to twitter, not a bright career move.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    this thread took a turn for the not expected

• Options
    I don't know this has been the pattern for election threads for some time now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    this thread took a turn for the not expected

I mean....

... has there ever actually been an SE++ thread that didn't turn to talking about penises?

This discussion has been closed.