As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] this is now the old thread!

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    It's also a massive pain in the ass to climb up and I hate every time I'm forced to use it.

But enough about that, have some pics of cool aminals I've found!

s25ilsi7q5kg.jpg

2ef2jjobne42.jpg

ry7lvn96fx1u.jpg

and finally one that gave me the legit Spooks
    n6cv4vdgtx3v.jpg

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Are you... about to hug that Abyssal Horror?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    I am trying SO HARD to make this game pretty with this Ultra Low setup I've got going.
    tv68yc769kin.jpg

u8iy4bpthud8.jpg

Is that base something you found or something you built? Cause that is a cool base.

It’s one of the radio towers the game storyline sends you to from time to time.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Abyssal Cutie

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    I am trying SO HARD to make this game pretty with this Ultra Low setup I've got going.
    tv68yc769kin.jpg

u8iy4bpthud8.jpg

Is that base something you found or something you built? Cause that is a cool base.

It’s one of the radio towers the game storyline sends you to from time to time.

I was kind of hoping they'd added some new building pieces. Ah well.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Are paradise worlds actually paradises now? I remember the weather on the one that I explored alternating between "pleasant" and "OHGODDEATH".

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Are paradise worlds actually paradises now? I remember the weather on the one that I explored alternating between "pleasant" and "OHGODDEATH".

If you're asking if all "paradise" planets are perfect and placid now, no. Some still totally have superheated rainstorms, and generally you won't know until you land. I've now found two planets, one "paradise" and one that is similar but has mushrooms that glow at night on it and both have no bad weather, and I've made bases on both.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I've landed on three different paradise planets so far. The first one was only really paradise in that it didn't have any Bad Weather, but overall I always felt was kinda BLAH so I never built anything there. The second one I landed on was nice and all, but had a weather pattern like central florida, and would have super-heated rainstorms every 5 minutes or so.

It was the third paradise planet where...Actually all four of those pictures were from there. It's quite gorgeous at night and has no weather patterns to speak of. I built a base on a mountaintop overlooking the ocean which is CONSTANTLY surrounded by animals, which is just really cool in a game that's felt barren.

b8nfu575am3r.jpg

• Options
    I wish you could build bigger solar generators - I’d love giant solar panels you could build onto you house.

I have a base which is basically a 4 story glass cube, I’d love to add a floor that was just solar panels so could throw away my little generators which just make the place untidy. I’d just bury my battery farm in the basement.

• Options
    I've landed on three different paradise planets so far. The first one was only really paradise in that it didn't have any Bad Weather, but overall I always felt was kinda BLAH so I never built anything there. The second one I landed on was nice and all, but had a weather pattern like central florida, and would have super-heated rainstorms every 5 minutes or so.

It was the third paradise planet where...Actually all four of those pictures were from there. It's quite gorgeous at night and has no weather patterns to speak of. I built a base on a mountaintop overlooking the ocean which is CONSTANTLY surrounded by animals, which is just really cool in a game that's felt barren.

b8nfu575am3r.jpg

Have you gotten any of the auto-farming equipment together to start harvesting from all those critters? Eventually farming can net a fair amount of units for moderate investment. I mean, it's not mass producing stasis devices or fusion ignitors, but it's still a fair way to make some money. You can also make high quality food to toss at the dude on the anomaly once a day for some extra nanites.

• Options
    But....But why would I want to kill them? :(

• Options

The farming stuff feeds and harvests from them. If you want meat for bait and such then yeah, you need to kill critters, but this just harvests milk, eggs, "fruit", etc from the critters.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

The farming stuff feeds and harvests from them. If you want meat for bait and such then yeah, you need to kill critters, but this just harvests milk, eggs, "fruit", etc from the critters.

Wait.

Animals is NMS drop...fruit?

That's pop, right ? You're harvesting poop !

• Options
    OHHHHHH that's what the farming system is for! I just thought it was for the various plants that give you items. Ya know, star bulbs, impulse beans, those ones.

It's something to look into later. I've decided the game just runs too bad to actually play anymore so I'm getting a major graphics card upgrade for the first time in...6 years apparently.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    You can farm plants too! The Overseer directs you to making a station for that & NPC after the first 2 NPCs they direct you to? And they give you a little plant tutorial to unlock some of the blueprints. I haven't finished those yet. You can also just grab 'em from the Anomaly.

I keep wanting to build a nice planet-side base, but I keep getting distracted hunting for a mining deposit for the $$$.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options

Wait.

So . . . yes and no.

If you feed them just creature pellets, then yes, all they'll do is poop all over the place. If you feed them their favored bait, however, they'll have an option to harvest milk or eggs or "crab apples" or "leopard fruit" or various other harvestable items for use in cooking (and no poop). Using the Automated Feeder in generally close proximity to a Livestock Unit means that instead of approaching you to be harvested, the critters will eat the auto-dispensed bait from the feeders, then approach the Livestock unit and the materials will be deposited in that instead. Note that if you take out, say, milk from the Livestock Unit, you can't put it back in, and it never goes bad, so this is a good way to just leave what harvested items you want in the Unit and only take out what you immediately need for cooking with. It saves storage space.

• Options

Wait.

So . . . yes and no.

If you feed them just creature pellets, then yes, all they'll do is poop all over the place. If you feed them their favored bait, however, they'll have an option to harvest milk or eggs or "crab apples" or "leopard fruit" or various other harvestable items for use in cooking (and no poop). Using the Automated Feeder in generally close proximity to a Livestock Unit means that instead of approaching you to be harvested, the critters will eat the auto-dispensed bait from the feeders, then approach the Livestock unit and the materials will be deposited in that instead. Note that if you take out, say, milk from the Livestock Unit, you can't put it back in, and it never goes bad, so this is a good way to just leave what harvested items you want in the Unit and only take out what you immediately need for cooking with. It saves storage space.

Cool, thanks - the next time I have some research units, I’ll buy the relevant upgrades.

If nothing else, it sounds worth doing for the nanites, about the Anomaly.

• Options
    Guys, good news: I upgraded my graphics card for the first time in 8 years and it feels like a completely different game. I was playing this thing at like....10 fps man. I used to have to do laps around the area I was trying to land at because it would take that long for all of the world assets to load in. It was ROUGH. Not rockin anything fancy, it's just Stable now and that's kinda all I was lookin for.

To celebrate, have some more weird aminals!

u8uwdfegru9h.jpg

pbd3v10sxtor.jpg

rrlak7ai949t.jpg

3bu11cygs5bd.jpg

9aa7y53w0gdo.jpg

n916w5z3o4kj.jpg

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://mp1st.com/news/no-mans-sky-update-3-05-october-26-released

Oct 26 patch notes.
    Update 3.05 is available on all platforms now. Alongside the new spooky content and derelict freighter rebalance, the update includes a number of fixes and improvements. Full patch notes are listed below.

This year has been so busy for No Man’s Sky, with the release of five major updates – including the massive Origins – so we hope this Halloween update comes as a nice surprise! We’re not quite done with this year yet, and should have a bit more news to announce very soon.

Our journey continues.

Thank you so much,
    Sean

3.05 Patch Notes

Derelict freighters have been rebalanced for increased challenge.

Low temperatures are more extreme, security systems are tougher and more efficient at locating intruders, aliens are more aggressive, and all hostile lifeforms are more difficult to defeat.
    Added the possibility of looting Quicksilver to derelict freighters. This will be available for the next few weeks.

The scrap dealer on Space Stations now stocks a range of base parts, decals, banners and a Horrific Flesh-Helmet.
    The scrap dealer now trades in a new black market currency, Tainted Metal, which can be salvaged from derelict freighters.
    The scrap dealer also now stocks Repair Kits.

Added two new player titles, which may be earned via in-game achievements and selected at the Appearance Modifier.

Improved the notification icons shown when entering freighters and derelict freighters.
    Fixed an issue that caused hostile creatures to fall through the floor of derelict freighters.
    Fixed an issue that caused derelict freighter doors to take too long to open.
    Fixed an issue which could cause derelict freighter messages to linger after leaving the freighter without fully exploring it.
    Fixed an issue which caused the Lost in Space mission to linger after leaving a derelict freighter.
    Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the guild envoy and scrap dealer rewards for completing a derelict freighter to be the wrong way around in Korvax systems.
    Fixed an issue that could cause derelict freighters to despawn if the player attempted to fix or install technology on their ship while at a distance.

Fixed an issue that could cause aquatic fauna to be listed as “extinct” when discovered.
    Fixed an issue that could occasionally prevent creatures from spawning where or as often they should.
    Fixed an issue that could cause teleporters to display the wrong galaxy name for some early galaxies.
    Fixed an issue that prevented the Exocraft mining laser from harvesting resources from terrain deposits.
    Fixed an issue that could cause freighter base parts to be unpowered when constructed in specific locations within the freighter.
    Fixed an issue that could cause weather effects to occur beyond the planetary atmosphere.
    Fixed an issue that could cause frigate expeditions to reward deprecated products.

Introduced a memory-management optimisation and fixed a number of memory-related crashes on console.
    Fixed some rare crash issues.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Next gen version available day 1, with free upgrades! So glad I grabbed this again on the last sale.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My plan was for current No Man’s Sky to be one of my next gen launch game. Now it’s gonna be next gen No Man, and that’s acceptable.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Next gen version available day 1, with free upgrades! So glad I grabbed this again on the last sale.

Oh hell yeah, I'm on PC but it's fucking rad that they're bringing it forward to the new consoles

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    God I love Hello Games so much

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    My plan was for current No Man’s Sky to be one of my next gen launch game. Now it’s gonna be next gen No Man, and that’s acceptable.

I want to build a giant base.

I'm going to need glass.

Lots of glass.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    LMAO. Get the hell out of here with that lush green planet in the next-gen trailer. No fucking way it isn't filled with Shoot On Sight Sentinels.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    LMAO. Get the hell out of here with that lush green planet in the next-gen trailer. No fucking way it isn't filled with Shoot On Sight Sentinels.

I've found at least 15 lush green paradise planets with no sentinel activity at all (one didn't even have any storms!) 🧙🏻‍♂️

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I've found at least 15 lush green paradise planets with no sentinel activity at all (one didn't even have any storms!) 🧙🏻‍♂️

Mine has lush mushroom environments instead of trees, but other than that, same. It also has goddamn giant herd animals that give eggs.

• Options

Mine has lush mushroom environments instead of trees, but other than that, same. It also has goddamn giant herd animals that give eggs.

Time for omelettes!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Time for omelettes!

I mean, technically yes the creature eggs can be turned into omelettes, but they can also be turned into various batters and one custard that returns more in nanites or units, which is what I'd prefer.

Also, various foods have various effects like increasing sprinting stamina temporarily.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Watching that Next Generation trailer has made me seriously think about stopping my playthrough on VR and taking it to regular PC. The performance in VR leaves something to be desired, as does standing play, so I might just wait until the update is out and then switch to non-VR play.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Found a portion of a planet that's so dark that the only illumination is from the glowing plant life and the artificial lighting from the nearby homestead.

237AE5EE80C959CD604552EC1E9C9D9E0850F025

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    Watching that Next Generation trailer has made me seriously think about stopping my playthrough on VR and taking it to regular PC. The performance in VR leaves something to be desired, as does standing play, so I might just wait until the update is out and then switch to non-VR play.

Did you try checking the box under Properties for ‘Disabling Fullscreen Optimizations’

Apparently this messes up VR for a lot of games. Made a massive difference in Skyrim for me but I’ve also been waiting before getting into NMS.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I made a base called Costa Del Sol on a 50% ocean planet with basically perfect weather and no sentinels.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I made a base called Costa Del Sol on a 50% ocean planet with basically perfect weather and no sentinels.

I usually have ironic names for my bases.

Hell planet: Paradiso
    Paradise planet: Purgatorio
    Frozen planet where night lasts about 3x as long as daytime and my teleporter is connected to a battery-less solar panel: Hotel California
    Planet that has boiling monsoons every 10 minutes: Margaritaville

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    So I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out decent names for the fauna on my base planet because I well, lookit this thing.

heea002o5vxe.jpg

But I've got this problem where I've got one damn fauna left, and I just can't seem to find it.
    The game says it's a Common, Underwater, Always Active creature. Every time I've gone into the ocean, the only thing I find are what I called Pulseweeds

i6v47c9ylqqh.jpg

And there's a TON of them. But I'll be damned if I can find any other creature down there. I've crawled around in Super NOPE Underwater tunnels and tried crawling along the beach to see if it's some sort of Crab thing like all the google results are telling me but no dice.

Is there any way to figure out what I'm doing wrong? Have I just been going to the wrong place? Someone help me check this last box.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've put this on hold until i can play it on ps5 with all the bells and whistles.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I've put this on hold until i can play it on ps5 with all the bells and whistles.

The next gen trailer they put out looks great.

And it’s actually a new, next gen version - after installing you have to import your old save !

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

And it’s actually a new, next gen version - after installing you have to import your old save !

Did they say that? Is there a preview anywhere?

• Options

Did they say that? Is there a preview anywhere?

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/10/no-mans-sky-next-generation-update/

Also, you only have to save import on PS5 - Xbox saves import automatically.

The new stuff looks incredible.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Oh hell yeah, I'm on PC but it's fucking rad that they're bringing it forward to the new consoles

PC is getting upgrades too.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.