Options

Tokyo Game Show 2016 starring The Last Guardian

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ceno wrote: »
    When does TGS start? Because we can use this thread for that as well if people are amenable to the idea. I'll just update the title.

Sony's conference is 9/13, midnight Pacific

edit: I keep getting the time wrong

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Sony denied Bethesda mod support on Fallout and Skyrim.

Microsoft counters with sassy tweets.

This has been a bad week for Sony.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'm ready for HDR in my television. Unless this HDR is different to the HDR that is fucking up so many photographs around the world?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Sony's doing pretty well if it sassy tweets counts as a bad week

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Microsoft can sass all they like, it ain't gonna change that Sony has a 2-to-1 lead on them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'm ready for HDR in my television. Unless this HDR is different to the HDR that is fucking up so many photographs around the world?

it is indeed different, it basically just makes colors pop more on tv

they really oughta find a better way to distinguish hdr video, hdr photography, and hdr rendering

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I'm not knowledgeable of all the tech stuff, but from what I've read HDR photography is not the same as TV display

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Microsoft can sass all they like, it ain't gonna change that Sony has a 2-to-1 lead on them

Yeah I imagine that posting sales figures would be a ready retort should Sony wish to stoop down that low.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Except as an avid Sony fan, the have lost me in this.

Skyrim is looking to be a game I would buy the PS4 Pro for and now I'm getting it in the xbone.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't see the PS4 Pro being a success. It's too early in the PS4 life cycle for people to bother upgrading and 4K just isn't big enough yet.

They should have just waited another 4 years or so and released the PS5

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Aside from everything running at 60 fps, what would the next console entail if not a higher resolution?

It's looking like 4k is three or four or even five years away from being mainstream

Wouldn't that be the typical end of a console life span?

The Xbox One.5 and ps4.5 seem weird to me.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I don't see the PS4 Pro being a success. It's too early in the PS4 life cycle for people to bother upgrading and 4K just isn't big enough yet.

I don't think it is really too early considering how many games already have issues running on the console

They are way outclassed by PC specs and have been, basically, since launch. An upgrade is very welcome, personally.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I don't think it is really too early considering how many games already have issues running on the console

They are way outclassed by PC specs and have been, basically, since launch. An upgrade is very welcome, personally.

Yeah I am a console boy all the way so pretty much any spec bump is a welcome surprise for me

It helps that I plan to get the PSVR so the extra muscle for that is extra EXTRA welcome

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's a little concerning that they more or less completely neglected mentioning what the Pro does for 1080p

Hopefully more games do like Tomb Raider is doing, which is perfect

If I had not bought into getting a nice PC this year, I would be super excited about the console upgrades

As it is, though, there's kinda no reason for me to get either when I could just put that money into my PC

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm kind of done with desktop computers as a thing. Once the one I have completely craps out on me, moving into a Surface Pro or something.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They've priced the PS4Pro such that it'll probably do reasonably well for them.

I feel like they really nailed the price point on the Slim and Pro

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    m47qujzighkx.jpg

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Did they announce any colors for the pro or slim

Am I gonna have to wait for destiny 2 to get a white ps4 again

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mods on Bethesda games apparently block out Trophies which yeah

Wasn't gonna waste time with that shit anyways

Bummer for people that were looking forward to mods but for some reason didn't get the PC version

• Options
    Bethesda taking a hard-line stance on "players should be able to do anything" with mods feels completely childish to me.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Bummer for people that were looking forward to mods but for some reason didn't get the PC version

Not everyone can afford big pcs or have room for them

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    If Bethesda could get their games to both look good and run well without people dumping hundreds of unpaid hours into mods, that would be even better.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Bethesda taking a hard-line stance on "players should be able to do anything" with mods feels completely childish to me.

that wasn't thier stance though, basically Sony wouldn't work with them in regards to thier proprietary audio, the mod size limitation (less than a gig), and one other proprietary aspect that sony wouldn't provide them with (cant remember the exact one).

They essentially made it nearly impossible to implement the mods to PS4.

"Players do anything" is actually restricted for consoles. I'm curious where you got that from?

• Options

that wasn't thier stance though, basically Sony wouldn't work with them in regards to thier proprietary audio, the mod size limitation (less than a gig), and one other proprietary aspect that sony wouldn't provide them with (cant remember the exact one).

"Players do anything" is actually restricted for consoles. I'm curious where you got that from?

Literally from Bethesda's post about it
    After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

• Options

Literally straight from Bethesda

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199
    Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

• Options
    nu uh!

yea ok.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I am slightly sad I won't ever get to see the Macho Man mod in action

It would have been an entertaining ten minutes of "neat! That dragon just said 'oooohhhh yeahhhhh!'"

Then I would have turned off the mods forever to play for actual reals

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    People always assumed there would be restrictions and curation, because we're not all high on dust, but I don't think Bethesda has ever said anything about restricting or curating mods on consoles.

• Options
    People always assumed there would be restrictions and curation, because we're not all high on dust, but I don't think Bethesda has ever said anything about restricting or curating mods on consoles.

So that was what i was looking for. Because i remember reading an article about the better body mode maker adjusting his mod so people can use it on a console since the mod allows PC gamers to make nude charectors and NPCs

Here are the mod submission guildlines

Examples of reasons to remove mods include, but are not limited to the following:
    Do not upload mods or mods taking content from other mods unless you have permission from the creator.
    Do not upload mods using third-party content (licensed properties, content from other games, and other trademarked properties). This includes using content from other Bethesda games.
    Do not create mods that allow users to circumvent the need to purchase add-on content.
    Do not upload mods featuring nude or sexually explicit material.
    Do not upload mods featuring violent acts towards children.
    Do not upload mods that feature real world religious/political content. Content specific to game content is admissible.
    Do not upload mods that include hate speech, malicious content, or content that slanders/harasses other members.
    Do not upload mods that include private information.

ref: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/13224?start=0&tstart=0

Their comment being what it was is what confused me, because they themselves dont let users "do anything."

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Why do you get any game on console instead of getting the PC version when it's clearly the technically superior choice? It sounds like you're planning on getting the console version of Skyrim, but why would you do that when you could get it on PC?

Mods on consoles was part of the initial pitch of Fallout 4 so people were looking forward to an announced feature of the version they were getting

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh no! PC vs Console debate!

• Options
    If you had Skyrim and all the DLC for PC, you can get the definative addition for free.

I have all 3 versions of Fallout 4.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I guess I won't be buying Skyrim on PS4 then, bummer, I was looking forward to that

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

Why do you get any game on console instead of getting the PC version when it's clearly the technically superior choice? It sounds like you're planning on getting the console version of Skyrim, but why would you do that when you could get it on PC?

Mods on consoles was part of the initial pitch of Fallout 4 so people were looking forward to an announced feature of the version they were getting

Because I don't play PC games

But this is literally the first outing for mods on console, so yeah, personally it doesn't strike me as some huge blow

People that are eager to mod their games generally buy those games on PC, that's the way it's been for decades

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Oh no! PC vs Console debate!

Sorry! I wasn't intending to say that people who play on console are making bad decisions. My intentions were to point out that it was very reasonable for PS4 owners to have been excited for mods on PS4. Saying that they should have gotten the game on PC if they wanted mods is ignoring how Bethesda was pushing the idea

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Yes you were! You're a monster!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Because I don't play PC games

But this is literally the first outing for mods on console, so yeah, personally it doesn't strike me as some huge blow

People that are eager to mod their games generally buy those games on PC, that's the way it's been for decades

I'm going to nitpick and point out that Unreal Tournament 3 had mod support on PS3.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    anything they want, except the things we don't want them to do

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Skyrim came out already

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I remember installing 7 or so mods available for UT3 on ps3.
    I think one of them was a freeze gun

VayBJ4e.png