Options

So I'm stuck in Chicago for 12 hours

1234568»

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    THREE FLOYDS BEER...

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    And that campaign was largely correct, in my experience

They're a lot better now, at least from what I've tasted (I never order chain pizza myself, so it's a rare thing)

Yeah Dominos totally wins the "most improved" award

They just still aren't amazing thats all

https://youtu.be/gW2D_Votd2Y

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Look their ads might be amazing but their pizza is still only good and still most appropriate for when you're half in the bag

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I just had domino's a few hours ago and it was pretty good

This is my contribution to the discussion

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I also had dominos a few hours ago and it was pretty good

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    And that campaign was largely correct, in my experience

They're a lot better now, at least from what I've tasted (I never order chain pizza myself, so it's a rare thing)

Yeah Dominos totally wins the "most improved" award

They just still aren't amazing thats all

https://youtu.be/gW2D_Votd2Y

Oh man...

We definitely ordered some of those promotional pizzas while playing pathfinder in Japan and dicked around with that dumb app.

God that brings back some memories.

• Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    2014-04-18-Just-You-And-Miku.jpg

I remember being there for the creation of this.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Miku's popularity in Japan really is something else.

Well, I guess it's pretty similar to say Mickey Mouse in the states, if Disney was more liberal in licensing their stuff out for promotions.

She's like, the mascot for one of the big 7-11 style chains out there, for example, so whatever is on sale has her little chibi head next to it advertising the sale.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    Everybody at Uchicago was obsessed with Giordano's. If people found out somebody hadn't eaten it before, they'd literally order a pizza to make the person try it.

Really? When I was there pizza orders seemed fairly evenly split between Giordano's, Edwardo's and Pizza Capri.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My favorite of the big name pizza places in Chicago is Lou Malnati's.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Hawaiian pizza is good but put some onions and peppers and mmmm so tasty.

Also I'm pretty egalitarian when it comes to pizza types. Though Hawaiian deep-dish style would probably not work.

I've not had chain pizza in ages, since there are so many local joints nearby. But one of them (my fav, natch) doesn't deliver to my new place but another more distant place does. Madness! Mind you they're really good their wings are just hella expensive.

Speaking of, how do people feel about pairing wings with pizza over, say, breadsticks? I personally prefer wings.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Miku's popularity in Japan really is something else.

Well, I guess it's pretty similar to say Mickey Mouse in the states, if Disney was more liberal in licensing their stuff out for promotions.

She's like, the mascot for one of the big 7-11 style chains out there, for example, so whatever is on sale has her little chibi head next to it advertising the sale.

this is the biggest thing I was not prepared for when visiting Japan

7-11's everywhere

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Everybody at Uchicago was obsessed with Giordano's. If people found out somebody hadn't eaten it before, they'd literally order a pizza to make the person try it.

Really? When I was there pizza orders seemed fairly evenly split between Giordano's, Edwardo's and Pizza Capri.

At least in my dorm, yeah. (I personally am not a fan.) It was almost as big as Harold's Chicken.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

At least in my dorm, yeah. (I personally am not a fan.) It was almost as big as Harold's Chicken.

Nothing will ever be as big as Harold's at the U of C. Maravillas might come close for some, though i'm not sure why. I do a yearly fantasy baseball league that's almost all former UChicago guys, and part of the decision process for where to hold the draft each year is proximity to a Harold's so we can pick up a huge order...

I commuted, and most of my friends were also commuters, with cars, so we ate outside of Hyde Park a lot. Chinatown at least once a week, better Mexican food at places like Los Comales or mom and pop joints, bbq from places like Barbara Ann's instead of Ribs and Bibs.

For the pizza though, it really was more split up overall. I did a year on the Student Government Finance Committee, which mostly consisted of reviewing budgets for student organization events and then approving disbursement of student activity fee dollars to pay for those events. We used to have to make groups order pizza from Giordano's or Edwardo's because Pizza Capri was more expensive and the budget was tight that year.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    sick now

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I really want a pizza now you fuckers

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You're an adult and it's Saturday

You should go get a pizza

Everyone should go get a pizza

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Hawaiian pizza is good but put some onions and peppers and mmmm so tasty.

Also I'm pretty egalitarian when it comes to pizza types. Though Hawaiian deep-dish style would probably not work.

I've not had chain pizza in ages, since there are so many local joints nearby. But one of them (my fav, natch) doesn't deliver to my new place but another more distant place does. Madness! Mind you they're really good their wings are just hella expensive.

Speaking of, how do people feel about pairing wings with pizza over, say, breadsticks? I personally prefer wings.

I dig wings. I'm also not made of money so I can't afford them typically.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    sick now

You eating plenty, and drinking lots of water?

Or is it the kind of sick where that isn't reasonable

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/XGgNHGS3zLs

Dominoes are great...

This is pretty dang cute and a wee bit catchy

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    You're an adult and it's Saturday

You should go get a pizza

Everyone should go get a pizza

When I grew up

saturday night was pizza night.

I mean, super market pizza but still.

PIZZA

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    We're also going to tortilla base pizza this week and I'm looking forward to it

• Options
    edited September 2016
    https://youtu.be/XGgNHGS3zLs

Dominoes are great...

This is pretty dang cute and a wee bit catchy

You like what you hear?
    Heheheheh....

Peas on