Options

[God Eater] Angsty Half Naked Absurdly Strong Anime Women

KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
edited September 2016 in Games and Technology
While I am new to God Eater, I feel that I must dig into the latest release:

God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Also comes with a remake of God Eater 1. 8-) )

A Quicklook:
https://youtu.be/RxKjQD5EOSM

The intro:
https://youtu.be/D9R_jmofJuM

From the Bandai Namco Site:

GAME OVERVIEW

Three years after the events of GOD EATER: Resurrection, a mysterious red rain sparks a fatal pandemic called the Black Plague. With no established cure, this scourge has a mortality rate of 100% once infected. Members of the Special Unit “Blood”, an affiliate of the Fenrir Organization, are sent to assist and investigate. Take control of their newest recruit as you master incredible weaponry, challenge enormous monsters, and cooperate with an iconic cast of characters fighting for humanity in GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst.

Pre-order GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst and receive the Day One Edition which includes:

Free Download code for GOD EATER: Resurrection
DLC Costumes based on characters from Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tales of Zestiria Assassination Classroom, and Tokyo Ghoul

KEY FEATURES

MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SLAY A MONSTER
Use “God Arcs”, massive weapons created from Oracle Cells, to hack, slash, shoot and devour Aragami, gigantic monsters set on devouring humanity.

MONSTROUS CONTENT

GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst continues the epic GOD EATER saga, featuring new and returning heroes, rich character and weapon customization, and over 100 hours of story and gameplay content, fully voiced in English.

POWER OF BLOOD
Learn over 400 different Blood Arts for Melee weapons to enhance your attacks and Blood Bullets to add various attributes. Tap into your Blood Rage to unleash your ultimate attack potential.

SQUAD UP
Play with up to 3 additional players online to form a cooperative four man cell, perfect for taking on the most difficult of missions.

PLAY WITH ANYONE, ANYWHERE
Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst features both Cross Play and Cross Save functionality.

Feel free to share what you find out about this game.

For some reason, the members of the unit are teenagers or look like teenagers. Creepy.

Krathoon on

• Options
    Yeah. Burst seems to be pretty niche. I think the art style could be better. The characters are too cute.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Been playing Rage Burst slowly. Just got to Chapter 3.

The dual-boss missions are something man.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Been playing Resurrection on PC and loving it.

It compliments Monster Hunter well. You get a better appreciation for sort of the slow impact and weight to MH while in God Eater you're finally free to go dashing and slicing through the air like a mad man. God Eater is like a fun arcade take on the hunting experience.

I also really like the darker setting and lore.
    God arcs are horrifying living weapons and God Eaters basically gamble with their humanity and risk becoming monsters themselves in order to use them and not be eaten by them.

They're the drafted last line of defense for humanity forced into desperate methods to survive.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The commander in GE2 is such an asshole.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    The commander in GE2 is such an asshole.

I'm just waiting for the chance to slice him.

Such a dick.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Anybody know how much damage the NPCs do? Taking down enemies in those missions where there's just you and maybe one more God Eater always seems to take forever, but that might be because the Aragami is targetting you a lot more so you have to dodge and block more often.

• Options
    If anyone's playing GE2 on PS4/Vita, hit me up. vagrant_winds like in the sig.
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Anybody know how much damage the NPCs do? Taking down enemies in those missions where there's just you and maybe one more God Eater always seems to take forever, but that might be because the Aragami is targetting you a lot more so you have to dodge and block more often.

You can see their equipment loadouts. They'll do as much damage per hit as that suggests, though their AI isn't as strong as a normal player. Though Orders help.

Though speaking of the AI, I love how each character is actually coded in line with their personalities.

• Options
    This story is going right for the feels at moments.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If anyone's playing GE2 on PS4/Vita, hit me up. vagrant_winds like in the sig.
    Mirkel wrote: »

You can see their equipment loadouts. They'll do as much damage per hit as that suggests, though their AI isn't as strong as a normal player. Though Orders help.

Though speaking of the AI, I love how each character is actually coded in line with their personalities.

Their loadouts in GE:Resurrection don't tell much, it's just "short blade, buckler" or whatever.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Looks interesting (tried a monster hunter game on PSP but never really got into it), but before i go and spend 2 weeks gas money (i don't drive a lot) on a game, i'd like answers to few questions:

1. How is solo gameplay?
    2. Is there a story/campaign, and if so, is it any good
    3. Keyboard & Mouse controls any good?
    4. Boiled Eggs, start from cold or drop into boiling water?

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    1. Solo game-play is good. You have actual full-on NPC members that can do everything you can do, with AI based upon their character personality, and the ability to give more specefic orders. Multiplayer is still going to give you an easier time, but Solo's fine.
    2. There is a story. I'm not far enough to judge full merit, but it's decent for a hunting game so far.
    3. Couldn't say as I'm playing this on the PS ecosystem.
    4. Start from cold.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Never roll with more than two other people in Multiplayer so you can save a spot for Kanon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1MPGOR4nU

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hm...I get intrigued by these Monster Hunter-likes from time to time, but I've never actually pulled the trigger on any of them.

Does anyone have any opinions about how Soul Eater Resurrection, Soul Sacrifice, and Freedom Wars stack up to one another, for someone who's only played Monster Hunter?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    So god eater 2 and god eater resurrection come in a bundle, which one should come earlier?
    Would playing one make playing the other less confusing?

• Options
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    So god eater 2 and god eater resurrection come in a bundle, which one should come earlier?

Story wise, Resurrection comes before 2.

Gameplay wise, Resurrection was made after 2: Rage Burst and has gameplay improvements over it.

• Options

Gameplay wise, Resurrection was made after 2: Rage Burst and has gameplay improvements over it.

So a prequel, sorta, but not needed to make sense of the story?
    Ok, might as well start with rage burst then.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

So a prequel, sorta, but not needed to make sense of the story?
    Ok, might as well start with rage burst then.

Resurrection is a remaster of God Eater 1. It's not a prequel to Rage Burst so much as Rage Burst is a sequel.

• Options
    Well, started rage burst, done couple hours, got to difficulty 2 quests.
    So far, writing (of dialogue, too early to critique the story) has been disjointed, and voice acting has been mediocre at best.
    The characters are pretty standard,
    Happy go lucky one, broody one, overly serious one, annoying one, over flamboyant (but amusing) one, and older character that looks like a child one.
    Though maybe they will get some depth as we get to know them.

Gameplay, however, is fun.
    And as soon as i figure out how bond, blood abilities and npc tactics work, it will probably be even more fun.

• Options
    This game throws crazy shit at you super early. Why hello dual boss battles where one of the two bosses also summons endless hoards of minions.

As an older Monster Hunter player who hasn't really delved into the last couple last 3DS releases, I am loving God Eater so damn much and I've barely scratched the surface. It requires percision like Monster Hunter to do really well, and it's intense and dangerous when testing your mettle, but it's so much faster paced and crazy. Toukiden was as fast, but that playa more like Dynasty Warriors in a Hunting Game (which is still awesome) where this plays like Monster Hunter on speed.

The best thing I can compare it to.... God Eater : Monster Hunter :: Bloodborne : Souls.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    The best thing I can compare it to.... God Eater : Monster Hunter :: Bloodborne : Souls.

Faster paced, dodge steps instead of rolls, transforming weapons, guns...

Yeah, this checks out.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    You should really play Resurrection first. The story pacing is more...uh, normal in that one too (well, for the first part.) Not to mention that GE2 actually has some returning characters from it. (who, for story-line reasons, actually DO have reasons for being a little cagey about the specific details of GE1. Which is kinda a nice touch.)

Though with that said, I'm still enjoying the heck out of GE 2 so far :) . I'm only on Rank 4 so far however.

In Resurrection I mostly used a scythe and a blast gun. With occasional uses of the hammer and sniper riffle for specific situations.

In GE2, I'm trying to change it up a bit and I'm using the spear as my "main" and the assault riffle. The assault riffle though....eeeeeeeh, I'm thinking it's not for me. Gonna go back to my precious blast gun I think. *hugs blast gun and it's glorious "oracle reserve" ability <3 *
    Also, holy shit the fallen kongo's are not phased by the spear's pierce-only damage.

OH. And speaking of, It's a bummer that the database only lists elemental weaknesses of the mon's and not the physical weaknesses ( Slash/Pierce/Crush damage ). Only way to find those out is to look 'em up in the fan- wiki, and I just can never remember them off the top of my head. I hope the inevitable GE3 does something about that.

Oh, also, it's kinda neato that GE2 just gives you different types of bullets as you're playing. Though the default ones kinda shame my custom ones lately. Well, it's a good way to learn how to make better bullets. It's just personally embarrassing for me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Hm...I get intrigued by these Monster Hunter-likes from time to time, but I've never actually pulled the trigger on any of them.

Does anyone have any opinions about how Soul Eater Resurrection, Soul Sacrifice, and Freedom Wars stack up to one another, for someone who's only played Monster Hunter?

Freedom Wars is a lot of fun to play. The controls are good, for a not Vita, so you don't get to have every function used as easily as possible at the same time. Crafting has a learning-curve, and is not fun or good in any way after you learn it.
    Robot-buddies. Spider-Manning. Many monsters kind of lego-built of the same pieces. More partbreaking than Monster Hunter. Every part is like a tail.

Soul Sacrifice is different. Kind of small arenas. Neat ammo-system. Neat utility-weapons. Books all the way down. Very menu. Every living thing ugly.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Freedom Wars has boring characters with no development, and despite a REALLY great world set up, said set up gets ignored at about the halfway point and the "story" just gets pretty god awful as it goes along.

That said, the character creator is pretty great and you can change your character's look and gender whenever you want, and the gameplay, especially the grappling hook is a lot of fun.

....but yeah. God. That story.

.................Man. Freedom Wars and its wasted potential still makes me sad :( .

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Wait, is Vic Mignognogngna just actually doing Junpei?

Resurrection seems to have the bigger voice-budget, overall. Nothing really catches my attention in GERBIl.

PLA on
  • Options
    That feel when you knock an enemy out of the sky then proceed to hit it a stupid amount of times right in it's weak points with your powered up rocket hammer. <3

• Options
    Any way to exploit putting one of these on both my Vita and my PS4?

• Options
    Er. I'm ... not sure I understand the question...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well, 30 hours in (GE2:RB), and can't say i am horribly impressed.
    Story and characters are very cliche and predictable so far (doing difficulty 4 missions now, not sure how far in that is).
    It's not that they are bad, it's that they are almost offensively mediocre (and i am using the term "offensive" to mean "attacks you", not "makes you upset/angry"), could be worse, but just feels like it was done by just pouring in a bunch of cliches and playing them straight wih no self awareness whatsoever.

What is bad however, is pacing.
    I spend 5 to 10 minutes in combat (was 2 to 5 early on), then maybe 2 minutes talking to every npc, then go back and do another 5 to 10 minutes of combat, watch a cutscene, then talk to npc's, then go do another 5 to 10 minutes of combat...
    Not to mention that in every break between combat, npc, combat, cutscene, npc, combat, there is a loading screen, and after every combat section i spend 10 to 15 seconds in reward screen.

Combat is ok, even fun (using scythe, assault gun and buckler), most of the time, and KB+M controls are adequate (though button placements leave me occasionally wondering what whoever was in charge of pc port was thinking).

The bigger mobs feel way too fast and mobile at times though, there is no time to dodge or block lot of their attacks, and you can be almost at the other end of the map, and they still can just jump at you.
    And beyond their bullet sponge nature and mobility, there is little challenge to most boss monsters (well, the monster summoner ones are kinda interesting), though when they start coming in numbers stuff can get harder, or atleast more time consuming.
    I can't help but feel that the game would be lot better if the "boss" monsters were lot more impressive, and the regular mobs were weaker, but came in larger numbers.

All in all, it is a rather mediocre but fun game.
    And how well people take it will probably depend on how familiar (and tired) they are with typical anime and jrpg tropes, how patient they are with loading screens, and how much they like beating up large monsters with oversized weaponry.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    with a thread title like this, how could I say no?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    PLA on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Deleted post.

Krathoon on
  • Options
  • Options
    I get kinda sad looking at all the ruined cities and desolate world. :(

• Options
    That Gil/Haru/Kate Chapter 3 storyline. :( That said, that was one nice ending cutscene for the mini plot-arc.

God Eater is some Noble Dark stuff. This world is horrible and horrific. :(

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Deleted post.

It was a good post.

• Options
    That Gil/Haru/Kate Chapter 3 storyline. :( That said, that was one nice ending cutscene for the mini plot-arc.

That's where the JP demo ended! I mean, you could still do a ton of free missions and some of the chara quests, but yeah.

God Eater is some Noble Dark stuff. This world is horrible and horrific. :(

I like how so many of the characters themselves have a kinda upbeat attitude about it all though. haha. Part of the reason I like the game word/characters so much.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Well got the game and made my waifu. She is the best. Actually she has the kind of the face and look of your typical super silent anime character. Which, since your character is a silent protagonist, works really well.

Started off doing missions and my first impression was, "Yeah fun, but seems a bit basic". As I progressed I began to unravel the systems and became all, "Oh. Oooh. OOOOOH!".

This game is definitely scratching a number of itches. :biggrin:

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Well got the game and made my waifu. She is the best. Actually she has the kind of the face and look of your typical super silent anime character. Which, since your character is a silent protagonist, works really well.

Well, it's a weird half-and-half. Silent in cutscenes, but they'll happily join in on the end-of-battle chatter. And then in the expansion content they start getting some lines in some cutscenes, which just feels weird after the whole rest of the game.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    So, I picked this up and I've never really delved too deep into the monster hunter type games. But I would love for some people to hit me up on steam if they wanna play. I'm just startin' out.

• Options
    Shotgun and assaultgun are very similar. One goes forward, and one goes backward. And one is faster.