As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[God Eater] Angsty Half Naked Absurdly Strong Anime Women

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    PLA wrote: »
    I'm not really sure I can call myself a sniper since the bullet I fire from it is more like a frosty satellite laser that hits every inch of it.

Some fun bullet recipes out there. Apparently its pretty easy to break the game with some of them.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    First thing I did was cranking up the basic Rapid Fire and making one of those for every gun, because it almost seems like an oversight.
    Then I made buckshot for assault's higher firing-rate. Then I made longrange homing bullets and triple spreads for shotguns.

HDH-types are obviously useful.
    One guy on that page fucks with vertical strengthening by making dumb spinning things in the air.

You can make stuff like this with radials and delayed bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLO-w3nX-4

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »
    I'm not really sure I can call myself a sniper since the bullet I fire from it is more like a frosty satellite laser that hits every inch of it.

Some fun bullet recipes out there. Apparently its pretty easy to break the game with some of them.

Yeaaaah, I have one of the HDH* ones that a friend game me that I used to defeat the very last boss Arius Nova. (who is mostly a pain because it's one of the rare instances the AI teammates can't handle it very well) . l've nicknamed it "the cheaty bullet" , so I actually don't use it much cause it makes me feel guilty. Did point a friend to it though who ALSO used it to help kill Arius Nova. And then we discovered that TWO people using it against Arius Nova makes it an incredibly short fight.

*I still have no idea what "HDH" stands for.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    "Head Direct Hit", because they come from above and are homing.
    Not guaranteed to hit anything good if the monster doesn't have a weakspot there.

• Options
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

thank you :)

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Doomerang wrote:
    "Heal area" Bullet, 71 OP

1: Heal M S Shot: Status Recovery
    -When 1 Hits
    -2: F M Control: Rotate in Place/Normal
    --With 2
    --3: Heal L Heal: Radial Follow/Normal.

The concept is that you can shoot it at anything, and it will do an area of effect heal regardless of what it hits, even if it hits an aragami. Keeping it L instead of LL saves a lot of OP and can shoot it twice with a maxed OP gauge which would heal better overall than one LL radial.

That's neat.

PLA on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    This is 33% off on Steam in a Bandai-Namco weekend sale, in case anyone has been waiting for a discount.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have this now and gave a couple missions a go to see how it compares to Monster Hunter. Granted I have only played a bit of MH on the 3DS but this was a similar feeling while also providing a story and, well, a big screen to play on. Character creator was more in-depth than I'd have thought to. Haven't gotten very far yet, basically just did tutorials and the opening ogre tail mission, but to begin with I'm trying out scythe and fire/ice rockets.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Madican wrote: »
    I have this now and gave a couple missions a go to see how it compares to Monster Hunter. Granted I have only played a bit of MH on the 3DS but this was a similar feeling while also providing a story and, well, a big screen to play on. Character creator was more in-depth than I'd have thought to. Haven't gotten very far yet, basically just did tutorials and the opening ogre tail mission, but to begin with I'm trying out scythe and fire/ice rockets.

So, a quick breakdown on bullets - you don't ever have to buy anything, and the bulk of the kit is available at the start. Just choose edit copy and pick a new slot to save it to and go (at least for Resurrection). And I may have had times I went into the editor and then it was an hour later... it's a really complicated system. You can pay a pittance for pre-created designs that are enough on their own for all purposes though, and make good starting points (for instance, I just took the basic bomb shot and upped the blast size/damage as my go-to for crush damage. The idea being that I have my gun out less... because I can't devour when my gun's out to keep burst going)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Apparently spread-shots calculate damage on the distance between shooter and target, not spread-shot and target? That's dumb.

If you chain two Orb / Strengthens Over Time, the second gets pretty big. I tried with a third, but it just bursts like a bubble.
    Cling still sticks to an enemy that touches it if it's placed in the air or on the ground instead of being launched at the enemy.

I've made some basic I.O.D.s, sticking six M Laser / Point-blank on something is pretty energy-efficient, and unlike L Laser, they have plenty of room to not cut eachother off, if the angles and timers are shoved around a little, so you get a little lightshow.
    I got some example-angles on GameFAQs, and just made the pairs fire at -5 degrees and +5 degrees, respectively. Two at 0.2 s, separated horizontally; two at 0.5 s, separated vertically; one at 1 s, and one at fading.
    An Orb / Cling / Short lasts plenty long enough. Could use some deco to place it somewhere and hope it sticks to something good, but that seems a little unreliable with something kind of like a shaped charge. I'm using the free Rapid Fire to place the orb. A sniper-shot has better range and precision, but it costs infinity times as much as free.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

So, a quick breakdown on bullets - you don't ever have to buy anything, and the bulk of the kit is available at the start. Just choose edit copy and pick a new slot to save it to and go (at least for Resurrection). And I may have had times I went into the editor and then it was an hour later... it's a really complicated system. You can pay a pittance for pre-created designs that are enough on their own for all purposes though, and make good starting points (for instance, I just took the basic bomb shot and upped the blast size/damage as my go-to for crush damage. The idea being that I have my gun out less... because I can't devour when my gun's out to keep burst going)

Oh so that's how you edit. I just figured I hadn't unlocked that feature yet, because I did browse the compendium on the terminals first chance I got. I'll play around with some of the stuff later, see what I can pull out.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Oh so that's how you edit. I just figured I hadn't unlocked that feature yet, because I did browse the compendium on the terminals first chance I got. I'll play around with some of the stuff later, see what I can pull out.

As you go along the game you unlock more modules for the bullets as you get further in the game, allowing you to create more absurd recipes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Monster vulnerabilities are confusing the heck out of me. I was fighting Metal Scorpion Thing with a freeze/crushing hammer, because those are supposed to be its vulnerabilities, but I do a paltry 40-60 damage everywhere. Except sometimes, when a hit to a rear leg will do 250, and then I can't repeat the feat three seconds later. I know the claws become very vulnerable once they're unbound, but that takes ages. I'm just not sure if I'm doing something stupud, here.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    It's differing sectors that have different damage type vulnerabilities.

With Crushing on a Borg Camlann, go for the tail blade, and batter down the shield. Yes, it takes time, but it also means that once you do, its blocks become much less effective. Plus, free loot.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    How the heck would you deal crushing damage to the tail tip? I'm not sure if you can even double-jump that high, and hammers have a pretty bad aerial combo.

That bird man monster is another one that feels impossible to damage effectively until something breaks. Everything except its walnut-sized head is heavily armored. It even covers its head with its wings half of the time.

• Options
    If you knock it down or paralyze it, the tailtip rests to the Camlann's right and can be struck fairly easily. Doing the Charged Buster with a Buster weapon also tends to hit the tailblade when done from the front. Some of its attacks will bury the tail in the ground, as well, and that's an opportunity to get a solid hit or two in.

Chi You really does need to have a few breaks before you start really doing effective damage in melee. Crushing to legs and wings will usually crack it open so you can start doing real damage - otherwise, headshots and overhand strikes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Monster vulnerabilities are confusing the heck out of me. I was fighting Metal Scorpion Thing with a freeze/crushing hammer, because those are supposed to be its vulnerabilities, but I do a paltry 40-60 damage everywhere. Except sometimes, when a hit to a rear leg will do 250, and then I can't repeat the feat three seconds later. I know the claws become very vulnerable once they're unbound, but that takes ages. I'm just not sure if I'm doing something stupud, here.

The rear legs are weak to crushing melee except when the monster is enraged/activated. Focus on the claws/shield when that happens; crushing bullets (radials or bombs) will unbind those fastest.

For Chi-You, the secret is crushing bullets to the legs. Deals full damage, and when they break they become vulnerable to melee attacks.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Fun fact: Spread bullets do split pierce/crush damage. When in doubt, BOOMSTICK.

• Options
    At long last, the day has come. I've unlocked pants. We did it, everyone! (No, I didn't find spares for the rest of you; sorry, team.)

• Options
    Okay. Two issues.

Why is there no way to split up enemies? It's awful on the Fierce Kongou / Dyaus Pita mission.

And why are spreads so low damage?

• Options
    I've never used shotguns, but spread bullets only do full damage at point-blank range, right? Or is the damage still bad even then?

• Options
    Eh, it may have been the enemy, but a shot setup that got me a few hundred with base gun in testing was doing <100 in practice. Very disappointing.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Snipers do great damage for me when actually aiming them at weakpoints.

Blasts do absurd things later game when you create your own bullets.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Eh, it may have been the enemy, but a shot setup that got me a few hundred with base gun in testing was doing <100 in practice. Very disappointing.

The problem with spreads is the split damage. Generally a spot that's weak to crushing bullets isn't going to be weak to piercing bullets and vice-versa. I find shotguns are much better off carrying a set of slugs and a set of radials rather than a one-size-fits-all solution.

As an aside, you'll know if you're getting the most damage out of spreads if you see that yellow ring effect when the shot connects, the same one you get on a perfect guard. That means you're getting the full point-blank damage bonus. If you change your spread bullets to 'point-blank mastery' modules the damage bonus gets bigger, at the downside of even worse damage anywhere but point-blank.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I've heard good things about the defense-ignoring spread.

PLA on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So, I picked this up on Steam Sale, and it's really good. Buuuuut I really just want to get through Ressurection for the story(Which I'm loving so far) in order to get to 2, because apparently Melee in Ressurection sucks compared to bullets, and I could care less about shooting the mans.

But good god is there alot of content in this game. Like, I COULD just power through and do story missions, but the side missions give you drops, which you NEED, to upgrade your gear, which you NEED, to do Story missions. Which is a fine system, if I wasn't trying to blaze through the story, lol.

• Options
    So, I picked this up on Steam Sale, and it's really good. Buuuuut I really just want to get through Ressurection for the story(Which I'm loving so far) in order to get to 2, because apparently Melee in Ressurection sucks compared to bullets, and I could care less about shooting the mans.

But good god is there alot of content in this game. Like, I COULD just power through and do story missions, but the side missions give you drops, which you NEED, to upgrade your gear, which you NEED, to do Story missions. Which is a fine system, if I wasn't trying to blaze through the story, lol.
    You don't really need as much gear as you think. I obsessed over it initially, but after a while I settled into using an ice/divine spear and a fire/shock Quadriga assault rifle (which has the STUPIDLY good Hair Trigger skill after some upgrades) 90% of the time. Borg Camlann greatshield with its burst skills is the only shield I ever used. I also had a hammer or two for monsters that really hate crushing damage (Quadriga and Borg Camlann lines mostly...I suggest frost as your main crushing element). Just do story missions until you feel like one of your favorite weapons is falling behind and then make a pit stop to farm. Most monster types show up on the story path sooner or later, so sometimes you can get the stuff you need without side missions. Especially with tickets as a supplement.

If it helps, shock is basically useless, so don't bother going out of your way farming shock weapons. I literally can't name one monster that's weak to shock and nothing else. I also never had a slashing weapon and never ran into trouble, but I'm not sure if piercing was better or just good enough to get by.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

You don't really need as much gear as you think. I obsessed over it initially, but after a while I settled into using an ice/divine spear and a fire/shock Quadriga assault rifle (which has the STUPIDLY good Hair Trigger skill after some upgrades) 90% of the time. Borg Camlann greatshield with its burst skills is the only shield I ever used. I also had a hammer or two for monsters that really hate crushing damage (Quadriga and Borg Camlann lines mostly...I suggest frost as your main crushing element). Just do story missions until you feel like one of your favorite weapons is falling behind and then make a pit stop to farm. Most monster types show up on the story path sooner or later, so sometimes you can get the stuff you need without side missions. Especially with tickets as a supplement.

If it helps, shock is basically useless, so don't bother going out of your way farming shock weapons. I literally can't name one monster that's weak to shock and nothing else. I also never had a slashing weapon and never ran into trouble, but I'm not sure if piercing was better or just good enough to get by.

The way I understand it, like, nothing is actually strong against Slash, and it's a good all-rounder type of Damage, while Pierce and Crushing appear as weaknesses more often then not, allowing them to hit harder on certain parts than Slash.

And thanks for the shock tip, I didn't know there are multi-element weapons down the road, so that should be useful!

• Options
    Slash is usually best for tentacles and the like, in my experience. I think the big tail on Borg Camlann is weak versus slash, as is Ouroboros tentacles.

Shock really doesn't show up much as a specific weakness, indeed. Divine is a lot of things, though, but when it's resisted, it's Resisted.

Also, set up multiple loadouts for when you head on multipart missions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah. You're going to want backup weapons of different elements or damage types. And again, multiple loadouts for multipart missions.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    It should also be noted that Resurrection and GE2 have pretty much the same battle system. I mean, 2 has blood arts , but I think people over-exaggerate how much those actually add to melee. (Basically they are just special moves that you can set on yourself. You can only set 1 on yourself at a time.)

Also, dear GOD the story pacing in GE2 is a lot worse in comparison to the pacing in Resurrection. Especially the content after the first ending. Like, I really WANT to do "free missions" but the "story missions" where nothing actually happens but you have to play them anyways kinda kill the desire.

Really hope the inevitable GE3 goes back to the pacing style of 1. Or just tightens it up a LITTLE. (so. much. padding!)

Anyways, still enjoy the games, but damn, the filler in 2. ...damn.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I still barley played the game.

From what I have seen on Giant Bomb, it has some pretty crazy and silly stuff.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    You guys made me pick this up and I have started playing Resurrection. Like other games of the genre you are assaulted with a wall of information. At this point I'm like, I'll look into enemy weaknesses and stuff after I find my weapon type and and just hitting stuff stops working.

I love being able to bring NPCs on missions, get for soloing.

• Options
    Handkor wrote: »
    You guys made me pick this up and I have started playing Resurrection. Like other games of the genre you are assaulted with a wall of information. At this point I'm like, I'll look into enemy weaknesses and stuff after I find my weapon type and and just hitting stuff stops working.

Hahaha, yeah, that's pretty much the best way to start :) .

sig.gif
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Then go play with the bullet editor for a while. You'll make lots of weird crap with no functions whatsoever but eventually you'll formulate something awesome.

• Options
    Handkor wrote: »

I love being able to bring NPCs on missions, get for soloing.

It is really nice.

Players are still more useful, and there are parts where you'll think "MY GOD HOW ARE YOU ALL DEAD".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So, I'm very likely to pull the trigger on getting GE since it's on a 60% sale on Steam.... but quickly help convince me that I'm not going to regret giving Bamco an interest free loan while I shuffle stuff around to get some time into it.

Just a a quickie background, played Prison Liberty Freedom Wars, loved it, wish there were more people to play with and the weapon upgrade system wasn't a total piece of RNG ass.
    Tried MonHun. Could never get into them. I dunno, they always just lose me during the tutorial.
    Played Toukiden, pretty sure Kiwami is in my library. Maybe. Like it but it fell onto the backburner and I kinda want to play with other people for once...

And somewhat related, maybe. Played PSO2. Like it. Latency doesn't phase me too much because the game is designed around what the client sees so meh, but language barrier is a PITA and Sega are bastards. Also, I play a Braver so the thought that my preferred playstyle which is mixing both melee and ranged based on the situation may not be optimal due to how stats are like at the top end kinda puts me off...

Is GE a good enough game on its own as a solo experience, and will I have a blast playing it online?

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    If nothing else it's a pretty easy button mashy experience for a good long while.

The upgrade system is fairly straight forward. There is a bit of fuckery with abandoned arcs and getting skills that way but eh. Smash some things together and it'll work out.

With the right NPCs you can solo anything. With people you can share bursts and just generally be much more efficient.

It is anime as fuck and I still think the second one is much better because the blood trigger stuff is way more fun than the lame instant devours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Scratchy and @Stabbity Style for the eats tonight, helping work my way through the D2 missions in Resurrection. Apparently Scratchy thinks I know what I'm doing?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Ok, I pulled the trigger, and I've got God Eater now. And I'm facing the dreaded first boss: Character creation.

Can you change your character's looks later on? Because I'm going to have severe remorse over the styles I didn't choose. I'm literally right now scrolling through the hairstyles going "Ooh, this is awesome!" scroll to the next one and "OH I LIKE THAT ONE!" scroll to the next one and repeat from the beginning.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld