As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Space Hulk Deathwing] They are space termites and you've made a terrible mistake.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm not seeing a server in the list called "PA" :(

Edit: What's your Steam username?

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    In my sig

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I can't see a PA server or a server hosted by your username. Maybe our pings to each other are rull bad.

5gsowHm.png
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It never actually asked me for a password, but you're on my friends list and join game was an option and it worked! (There was no UI indication it was working for a while, them BAM loading screen)

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Echo wrote: »
    The 40k lore has always been out of whack with how things actually play with miniatures on the table.

"Green Tide" of orks or "Unending Swarm" of Tyranids my ass.

I would play the hell out of a Space Marine DLC boss fight against a Nob Biker Mob

Grape Ape on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    really enjoying the gameplay but wow.. netcode and bugs.. joined and dropped too many times.. never once completed the mission.

About an hour after posting that I had a full run, no drops no crashes and completed the map. When they get the network issues fixed this game is going to do well. Loving the multiplayer might need some extra... fluff though. Customization of your Terminator suit. Sadly these days you cant just copy Left4Dead's formula. Needs some sort of draw to keep people playing after they got the game down pat.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to provide feedback to the developers? Played a little bit yesterday and had some feedback.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Is there a way to provide feedback to the developers? Played a little bit yesterday and had some feedback.

They respond on their own forums more often than the Steam forums, so that would be the place to go. http://forum.spacehulk-deathwing.com/index.php

edited November 2016
    I think they want people to post on their forum regarding the beta, haven't played since sunday, don't suppose they released a patch to correct the network problems? Ill likely play this a few more times in Beta and give it a brief go during live and decide if I am going to keep it or get a refund.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    darkmayo wrote: »
    I think they want people to post on their forum regarding the beta, haven't played since sunday, don't suppose the released a patch to correct the network problems? Ill likely play this a few more times in Beta and give it a brief go during live and decide if I am going to keep it or get a refund.

The beta actually ended (or it ends) today.

5gsowHm.png
    Syngyne wrote: »
    I think they want people to post on their forum regarding the beta, haven't played since sunday, don't suppose the released a patch to correct the network problems? Ill likely play this a few more times in Beta and give it a brief go during live and decide if I am going to keep it or get a refund.

The beta actually ended (or it ends) today.

Ahh well I guess I can play something else until release date.. they have 6 days to fix issues... this may be my first refund on steam.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Have they mentioned if the tutorial has had any polish for the final release? My 2 big gripes are mostly just polish stuff, the text was not great and letters looked different depending on your angle. Also the map was really crude looking.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Have they mentioned if the tutorial has had any polish for the final release? My 2 big gripes are mostly just polish stuff, the text was not great and letters looked different depending on your angle. Also the map was really crude looking.

my biggest gripes where the connections dropping during multiplayer, out of all the matches I played only one lasted all the way through, so not sure if there was just shit connections or something with the game...

single player should be interesting though I think that since single player is the main focus of the game maybe open beta should have been a portion of that.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    "This terminator armor is massive and bulky and slow but it renders us nearly invincible on the open battlefield!"

"We will be fighting exclusively in cramped corridors that are hard to fit terminator suits through more than one at a time."

"Okay, but at least we're invincible!"

"We are facing an enemy that completely ignores armor saves."

"....fuck it, terminator armor is AWESOME!"

New campaign gameplay trailer up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ijUKQK14s

5gsowHm.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    That animation where they spin around with the thunderhammer looks kinda silly, but hey, thunderhammer.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    It'd be fun to replay Alien: Isolation in a Terminator suit.

Are you the magic man?
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

I feel like that would be like how the start of Dead Space has you trapped in a ship of alien horrors, then ends with a ship full of alien horrors trapped in a ship with you. Except with a lot more judgement involved.

Which is not a criticism. Stomping the alien through the deckplates the first time it appears would be pretty cathartic.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I feel like that would be like how the start of Dead Space has you trapped in a ship of alien horrors, then ends with a ship full of alien horrors trapped in a ship with you. Except with a lot more judgement involved.

Which is not a criticism. Stomping the alien through the deckplates the first time it appears would be pretty cathartic.

Would Alien blood melt through your boots or would the combination of Adamantium, Plasteel, and Ceramite hold up?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    Would Alien blood melt through your boots or would the combination of Adamantium, Plasteel, and Ceramite hold up?

I could go to the shelf and check the AP for Acid Spit, but I have a cat on my arm.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

I never got this. Unless alien blood is like...well..nothing...cause no acid in the world works like the acid in Alien.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Eh, Terminator armor can stand up to whatever various melty liquids the Tyrannids can cook up, so I'm giving the Imperium the benefit of the doubt on this one. Probably wouldn't even hurt the paint.

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    That animation where they spin around with the thunderhammer looks kinda silly, but hey, thunderhammer.

They do that hammer pirouette all the time, too. Surely someone in their testing team must have complained about that.

Eh, Terminator armor can stand up to whatever various melty liquids the Tyrannids can cook up, so I'm giving the Imperium the benefit of the doubt on this one. Probably wouldn't even hurt the paint.

Says so right in the Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer. And it's never wrong. Implying such a thing would be heresy.

jAi78PU.jpg

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    What the fuck primer, squats were on our side!

Kadoken on
    Orogogus wrote: »

They do that hammer pirouette all the time, too. Surely someone in their testing team must have complained about that.

Apparently one of the devs commented on the video saying yes, it looks silly, and it'll be toned down.

5gsowHm.png
    Just have the hammer use swing way back for the windup, with a big backswing afterwards. Makes a full circle, no stupid spinning animation.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

That is an ork, citizen.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular

That is an ork, citizen.

I know but they made it short, stout, and dwarflike so it looks like a squat. I have yet to see an ork that wasn't like 5/6 feet minimum tall.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

That is an ork, citizen.

I know but they made it short, stout, and dwarflike so it looks like a squat. I have yet to see an ork that wasn't like 5/6 feet minimum tall.

The morphology of the greenskins has a vast array of variation, based on their unique, and disgusting, life cycle. You have squigs and gretchen, which are small, and orks that are in the same size category as humans. Suggesting that an ork is more powerful than one of the Emperor's chosen people, however, is ridiculous. They can only threaten Terran space in very large numbers, and our Imperial Guard and Adeptus Astartes are more than a match for a Waaaaagh!

Have a little Faith, citizen. That's an order.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Short people got no reason to live

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    My favourite part of the Uplifting Primer is how there's a litany of stealth, to be recited as you're sneaking around trying to remain undetected.

So tomorrow is release day.

What's the word from beta people? I'm still half tempted because I had such a blast the first weekend of Vermintide, but there's the fear that the co-op mode in this is going to be limited, and all reports I read said the beta was constantly crashing.

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I think release got pushed back to the 14th iirc for more polish

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Yeah, confirmed on facebook, it's pushed to 14/12/2016 I think to sort out big fixes.

Fair play to them, if they release a buggy mess they're basically done. They're not a big studio

Good I am glad they are pushing it back, after that Multiplayer beta they need to make sure that shit is working before it gets released or it will be a mess of steam refunds.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Impressions on the longevity of multiplayer?

Good I am glad they are pushing it back, after that Multiplayer beta they need to make sure that shit is working before it gets released or it will be a mess of steam refunds.

Yeah, it's way past time that publishers and devs became afraid of releasing buggy beta-state messes as "finished" games. Steam refunds may be the most important feature on Steam since Steam itself was released and digital releases of games became a thing.

Well its out tomorrow on PC... will see if I will be refunding or shooting genestealers in the face.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I forgot this came out. Downloading now.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767