As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Wait

Isn't that the lady who was a creepy stalker for Trish Stratus?

CYpGAPn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mickie James rules

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Mickie was one of the few bright spots of the Ruthless Agression era women's division.

New thread title?

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    That's cool! She was a lot of fun to see at KoT last month.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    New thread title?

Quick, someone write up a review of the first Tiger Mask W episode!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Mickie vs Asuka totally makes up for ANOTHER Joe vs Shinsuke match

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I guess it's cool that they're bringing in Mickie James, but it really underscores how depleted the NXT women's division is right now. And that they don't feel like they can build anyone up as a credible challenger in the next 6 weeks.

Sprout wrote: »
    I guess it's cool that they're bringing in Mickie James, but it really underscores how depleted the NXT women's division is right now. And that they don't feel like they can build anyone up as a credible challenger in the next 6 weeks.

They could have done something with Moon.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    They want to save Ember Moon because she is 100% winning

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    They want to save Ember Moon because she is 100% winning

Yeah, they obviously aren't ready to stop the "Asuka is an unstoppable monster" narrative. I mean, they even only booked those Bayley matches to have one of the legends of NXT only be able to sort of hang with her.

My guess is that after Takeover we get an Ember Moon/Nikki Cross feud that's designed to establish both of them as War Goddesses, with one of them being the one to finally take the title off of Asuka at the pre-Rumble Takeover. Or that could just be nonsensical fantasy booking.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I can't confirm it but I feel in my bones Ember Moon vs Nia Jax would be very good.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised Daria hasn't gone against Asuka on TV. Their match at the house show I was at was pretty damn good with a fantastic submission-counter-submission-counter sequence that went on for like two minutes.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Whoa when did Mickie James come back?

EDIT: I see it's only just happened very recently. Surprised she's been brought back, I thought she left on bad terms?

Goose! on
    Goose! wrote: »
    Whoa when did Mickie James come back?

It's probably a one time thing.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bix elaborated a bit on the AO1/TNA suit

So yeah that's probably RIP, and honestly good riddance because fuck all of that, especially with them currently still doing that to talent to this moment (see my previous post about their late payments about to happen for the marathon tapings)

It takes a fucking lot to be more scummy than Vince. Congrats Dixie, you piece of garbage.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Bret Hart wrote:
    "I'd like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to Michael Hayes. A while back I made comments about the Freebirds not being as worthy of being in the WWE Hall of Fame as others. It was unfair for me to dismiss their contributions to the industry and they certainly did great things in Texas with the Von Erich Family. Michael Hayes always treated me with great respect, as did Terry Gordy, Ronnie Garvin and Buddy Roberts and I'm sorry if I disrespected any of them with my comments. Furthermore I apologize to both Triple H and Seth Rollins for any hurtful comments I made on my podcast. The reality of all this is the reason I quit doing podcasts in general, because they're for the most part an outlet for negativity, and have left me with a reputation as being angry and bitter. I'm not, I'd spoke candidly and openly but it's no excuse for minimizing other wrestlers or their contributions. In saying all that, I still believe Jim the Anvil Neidhart of the Hart Foundation, including Owen, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith, The Dynamite Kid, Jimmy Hart, The Rougeau Brothers, The Killer Bees, The Demolition, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, and One Man Gang all deserve their place in the WWE Hall of Fame. My apologies to all. Bret Hart x"

this makes me very happy

I didn't listen to the show because he's my favorite ever and I just didn't want to hear him be negative, even if it was sometimes things I agree with and even if I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's been through some shit. and because I want to like him.

after not ever listening I googled it the other day because I've had a lot of downtime at my job and saw there hadn't been a new one in a while. seems my timing was perfect.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it always warms my heart a little to see how much bret loves the one man gang

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    damn that's some good apology right there

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO CUTE IT IS KILLING ME

CYpGAPn.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular

FUCK ALL Y'ALL TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

who gives a fuck

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Radius wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

who gives a fuck

Me.

I give a fuck.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

I don't see it that way. Honestly, they've brought in legends and main roster talent to work with the men for ages now, and it's awesome to see them doing the same for the women.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm just mad that the first response wasn't the vine, ok

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Mickie James is perfect

There's gotta be something illegal to come up when the dust settles.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Dixie Carter seems like she uses everyone

from her employees to her family

Xehalus wrote: »
    Dixie Carter seems like she uses everyone

from her employees to her family

Billy Corgan walked into a snake pit

On the last edition on TNA Impact Wrestling, theme music used for Mike Bennett and DJZ were both pulled from the show; both songs were written by Dale Oliver. TNA did not replace either song with different music, but they did crowd noise to cover the music.

According to prowrestling.net, there were rumors earlier today that Pop may not air the show due to music licensing issues. This led to speculation that there were issues regarding music written by Billy Corgan, following reports that Corgan filed a lawsuit against TNA.

The site notes that Corgan’s TNA theme song aired as usual, so there do not appear to be any issues with TNA having rights to music that he has written for or supplied to the company. Oliver wrote both themes, and they are newer songs. It appears that there are now licensing issues with Oliver’s 2016 theme songs. While not confirmed, this could be an issue where Oliver is owed money.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I say.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    ed: He updated, nm

Sweeney Tom on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Bret Hart wrote:
    "I'd like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to Michael Hayes. A while back I made comments about the Freebirds not being as worthy of being in the WWE Hall of Fame as others. It was unfair for me to dismiss their contributions to the industry and they certainly did great things in Texas with the Von Erich Family. Michael Hayes always treated me with great respect, as did Terry Gordy, Ronnie Garvin and Buddy Roberts and I'm sorry if I disrespected any of them with my comments. Furthermore I apologize to both Triple H and Seth Rollins for any hurtful comments I made on my podcast. The reality of all this is the reason I quit doing podcasts in general, because they're for the most part an outlet for negativity, and have left me with a reputation as being angry and bitter. I'm not, I'd spoke candidly and openly but it's no excuse for minimizing other wrestlers or their contributions. In saying all that, I still believe Jim the Anvil Neidhart of the Hart Foundation, including Owen, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith, The Dynamite Kid, Jimmy Hart, The Rougeau Brothers, The Killer Bees, The Demolition, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, and One Man Gang all deserve their place in the WWE Hall of Fame. My apologies to all. Bret Hart x"

this makes me very happy

I didn't listen to the show because he's my favorite ever and I just didn't want to hear him be negative, even if it was sometimes things I agree with and even if I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's been through some shit. and because I want to like him.

after not ever listening I googled it the other day because I've had a lot of downtime at my job and saw there hadn't been a new one in a while. seems my timing was perfect.

I pretty much have the same feelings about this, and am glad that he did this. Its a very candid apology too, he doesn't try to hide from the shitty things he said, he owns them and apologizes. Good on you Bret.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I'm really happy Roderick Strong is going to WWE, means I don't have to worry about seeing him in PWG main events.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I assume Jericho is sitting to his left?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I'm really happy Roderick Strong is going to WWE, means I don't have to worry about seeing him in PWG main events.

Please do not speak ill of the third-greatest PWG Champion of all time.

The first two being Adam Cole and Joey Ryan in that order.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.