Options

New Comics: 4-25-07

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
ITEM CODE TITLE PRICE

PREVIEWS PUBLICATIONS

MAR070005 PREVIEWS ADULT VOL XVII #5 PI
MAR070001 PREVIEWS VOL XVII #5 PI
MAR070003 PREVIEWS VOL XVII CONSUMER ORDER FORM #5 PI

DARK HORSE COMICS

DEC060038 LITTLE LULU VOL 15 THE EXPLORERS TP $9.95
DEC060066 PATH OF THE ASSASSIN VOL 6 TP (MR) $9.95
FEB070073 REX MUNDI DH ED #5 $2.99
FEB070087 USAGI YOJIMBO #102 $2.99

DC COMICS

FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
JAN070267 ACTION COMICS #848 $2.99
FEB070246 AMAZONS ATTACK #1 (OF 6) $2.99
OCT060266 ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE BOOK TWO #3 $2.99
FEB070251 BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #5 $2.99
FEB070268 BLUE BEETLE #14 $2.99
FEB070309 CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY #32 $2.25
FEB070249 CATWOMAN #66 $2.99
FEB070279 CONNOR HAWKE DRAGONS BLOOD #6 (OF 6) $2.99
FEB070347 CROSSING MIDNIGHT #6 (MR) $2.99
FEB070351 EXTERMINATORS #16 (MR) $2.99
FEB070273 FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN #35 $2.99
JAN070337 GALS VOL 10 $9.99
DEC060289 GOD SAVE THE QUEEN HC (MR) $19.99
JAN070292 HAWKGIRL THE MAW TP $17.99
FEB070287 JSA CLASSIFIED #25 $2.99
FEB070286 JUSTICE #11 (OF 12) $3.50
FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99
FEB070284 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA VAR ED #5 $2.99
FEB070336 NINJA SCROLL #8 $2.99
FEB070293 OUTSIDERS ANNUAL #1 $3.99
JAN070338 PENGUIN REVOLUTION VOL 3 $9.99
FEB070337 RED MENACE #6 (OF 6) $2.99
FEB070292 SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #29 $2.99
JAN070315 SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL 4 $14.99
FEB070307 TEEN TITANS GO #42 $2.25
JAN070353 THUNDERBOLT JAXON TP $19.99
FEB070328 WETWORKS #8 $2.99
DEC060251 WILL EISNERS SPIRIT ARCHIVES VOL 21 HC $49.99
FEB070303 WONDER WOMAN #8 $2.99

IMAGE COMICS

JAN071922 BUCKY O HARE & THE TOAD MENACE DLX S&N ED $17.99
JAN071923 BUCKY O HARE & THE TOAD MENACE DLX S&N SKETCH ED $75.00
OCT051762 HUNTER KILLER SILVESTRI CVR CGC GRADED 9.6 SGN #8 $99.99
FEB071881 RIDE SAVANNAH (ONE SHOT) $4.99
DEC061892 TRUE STORY SWEAR TO GOD IMAGE ED #5 $2.99
SEP061804 TRUTH JUSTIN & AMERICAN WAY TP $14.99
FEB071939 UNIQUE #2 (OF 3) $2.99
JAN071948 WALKING DEAD #37 (MR) $2.99

MARVEL COMICS

FEB072196 AGENTS OF ATLAS PREMIERE HC $24.99
FEB078174 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2ND PTG YU VAR #539 $2.99
FEB072183 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC $99.99
FEB072184 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC VAR ED $99.99
FEB072208 CABLE DEADPOOL VOL 6 PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS TP $14.99
JAN072437 CIVIL WAR FANTASTIC FOUR TP $17.99
FEB072203 CIVIL WAR X-MEN TP $11.99
FEB072097 DAILY BUGLE MAY NEWSPAPER PI
FEB072121 DAREDEVIL #96 $2.99
FEB078027 DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN 2ND PTG VAR #1 (OF 7) (PP #760) $3.99
FEB072157 EXILES #93 $2.99
FEB072099 FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS $2.99
FEB072122 FANTASTIC FOUR #545 CWI $2.99
FEB072126 HEROES FOR HIRE #9 $2.99
JAN078267 NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI SECRET HISTORY (PP #758) $3.99
FEB072158 NEW EXCALIBUR #19 $2.99
NOV062346 POWERS #24 (MR) $2.95
FEB072170 PUNISHER PRESENTS BARRACUDA MAX #3 (OF 5) (MR) $3.99
FEB072195 PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL VOL 1 CIVIL WAR PREMIERE HC $19.99
JAN072433 RUNAWAYS VOL 7 LIVE FAST DIGEST TP $7.99
FEB072147 SILENT WAR #4 (OF 6) $2.99
FEB072187 SPIDER-MAN BLACK CAT EVIL THAT MEN DO TP $14.99
FEB072116 SPIDER-MAN POSTER BOOK $5.99
FEB072186 SPIDER-MAN VISIONARIES ROGER STERN VOL 1 TP $24.99
FEB072169 WISDOM #5 (OF 6) (MR) $3.99
FEB072161 WOLVERINE #53 $2.99
FEB072162 WOLVERINE BLACK AND WHITE VAR #53 $2.99
FEB072166 X-MEN FIRST CLASS #8 (OF 8) $2.99

WIZARD ENTERTAINMENT

MAR073034 SHRUGGED #3 WWT VIP YELLOW NEG VAR TURNER SGN CGC 9.8 ED (NE PI
MAR073035 SHRUGGED #3 WWT VIP YELLOW NEG VAR TURNER SGN ED PI
MAR073050 TWISTED TOYFARE THEATRE SUPER SAVER PACK #1-8 PI
MAR073037 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #104 CGC 9.8 PI
MAR073048 WIZARD HC 4 PACK PI
MAR073029 WIZARD MAGAZINE DC TOP SECRET PROJECT CVR #188 $5.99
MAR073027 WIZARD MAGAZINE SPIDER-MAN CVR #188 $5.99
MAR073028 WIZARD MAGAZINE SUMMER PREVIEW ISSUE CVR #188 $5.99
MAR073038 WOLVERINE ORIGINS #10 QUESADA CVR CGC 9.8 PI

COMICS

FEB073553 30 DAYS OF NIGHT SPREADING THE DISEASE #5 (OF 5) (MR) $3.99
MAR073412 ABANDON THE OLD IN TOKYO HC (JUN063079) $19.95
FEB073665 AEGIS VOL 4 GN (MR) $9.99
FEB070019 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SWING SHIFT 2007 FCBD ED PI
FEB070022 APE ENT COMIC SPECTACULAR 2007 FCBD ED #1 PI
FEB070023 ARCANA STUDIO PRESENTS 2007 FCBD ED #4 PI
MAR073153 ARCHIE #500 (O/A) $1.99
FEB073258 BART SIMPSON COMICS #35 $2.99
FEB073166 BETTY & VERONICA #226 $2.25
FEB073168 BETTY & VERONICA DIGEST #174 $2.49
FEB073507 BLINDSPOT GN $13.95
JAN073586 BLOODRAYNE TIBETAN HEIGHTS CVR A $3.99
JAN073587 BLOODRAYNE TIBETAN HEIGHTS CVR B $3.99
MAR073438 BLOWJOB #21 (A) $3.95
JAN073672 BLUE EYES VOL 3 TP (A) $19.95
JAN073613 CASTLE WAITING VOL II #6 $3.95
JAN073811 DEGRASSI EXTRA CREDIT VOL 3 MISSING YOU GN $9.95
FEB073831 DEVI #10 $2.99
MAR073421 DF MARVEL TEAMS & TEAM UPS SGN PACK $69.99
JAN073780 DOKEBI BRIDE VOL 5 GN $9.99
OCT063379 DORK TOWER #36 $3.49
MAR073411 DRAWING THE LINE VOL 2 GN $20.00
DEC063587 EC ARCHIVES WEIRD SCIENCE VOL 2 HC $49.95
DEC063801 EMPERORS CASTLE VOL 3 GN (MR) $9.99
NOV063314 FATHOM KIANI #0 MICHAEL TURNER SGN ED $24.99
DEC063724 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE AMATERASU RETURN OF THE SUN HC $26.60
DEC063725 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE ATALANTA RACE AGAINST DESTINY HC $26.60
DEC063726 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE DEMETER & PERSEPHONE SPRING HELD HOSTAGE HC $26.60
DEC063727 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE HERCULES TWELVE LABORS HC $26.60
DEC063728 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE ISIS & OSIRIS TO ENDS OF EARTH HC $26.60
DEC063729 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE JASON QUEST FOR GOLDEN FLEECE HC $26.60
DEC063730 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE KING ARTHUR ENGLISH LEGEND HC $26.60
DEC063732 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE ROBIN HOOD OUTLAW OF SHERWOOD FOREST HC $26.60
DEC063733 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE TROJAN HORSE FALL OF TROY HC $26.60
DEC063734 GRAPHIC UNIVERSE YU THE GREAT CONQUERING THE FLOOD HC $26.60
FEB073664 H EOFIGENDLIC LODRUNG GN $19.99
JAN073466 HUNTERS MOON CVR A #1 (OF 5) $3.99
JAN073467 HUNTERS MOON CVR B #1 (OF 5) $3.99
MAR073285 IMP #4 HISTORIETAS PERVERSAS (A) PI
MAR073077 JOHNNY HIRO #1 $2.95
FEB073830 JOSH HOWARD PRESENTS SASQUATCH VOL 1 GN $24.95
FEB073170 JUGHEADS DOUBLE DIGEST #130 $3.69
MAR073234 JUNGLE FANTASY ANNUAL CHEEKY CVR #1 (A) $5.99
JAN073598 KING CAT CLASSIX HC (MR) $29.95
NOV063628 KING OF KINGS VOL 1 PKT ED (MR) $1.95
FEB073613 KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #126 $4.99
MAR073223 LADY DEATH ANNUAL VANQUISH CVR #1 $5.99
MAR073224 LADY DEATH BLACKLANDS SLAYER CVR #2 (OF 4) $5.99
MAR073225 LADY DEATH DARK HORIZONS LOST IN THOUGHT CVR $5.99
MAR073226 LADY DEATH LEATHER & LACE 2005 ROYAL BLUE CVR $75.00
MAR073227 LADY DEATH LOST SOULS UNIFIED FRONT CVR #2 (OF 2) $5.99
MAR073230 LADY DEATH PIRATE QUEEN HIGH GROUND CVR $5.99
MAR073222 LADY DEATH SACRILEGE FEARSOME CVR #0 $5.99
MAR073228 LADY DEATH SHI TUCCI PENCIL ART CVR #0 (OF 2) $9.99
MAR073231 LADY DEATH WARRIOR TEMPTRESS JEWEL CVR $39.99
MAR073232 LADY DEATH WARRIOR TEMPTRESS JURASSIC ASSASSIN CVR $5.99
NOV063623 LIBERTY GIRL #3 (NOTE PRICE) $2.99
JAN073572 LOST SQUAD #6 (OF 6) (RES) $2.99
FEB070043 MARVEL ADVENTURES THREE IN ONE 2007 FCBD ED PI
FEB073078 MEN OF MYSTERY FAWCETT FIGHTING FAVORITES SP #1 $21.95
JAN073302 MEN OF MYSTERY GOLDEN AGE GRAND SLAM VOL 1 TP $24.95
MAR073734 MICROGRAPHICA GN (MR) $10.00
FEB073472 NICK CARDY COMIC STRIPS TP $14.95
MAR073205 NIGHT O/T LIVING DEAD JUST A GIRL PHOTO CVR (MR) $5.99
FEB073100 NIGHTMARES AND FAIRY TALES #19 (MR) $2.95
FEB073345 PAINKILLER JANE VOL 1 PX CVR TP $9.99
FEB073344 PAINKILLER JANE VOL 1 REG CVR TP $9.99
FEB073512 PET HUMILIATION DIARY GN (A) $19.95
FEB070021 PIRATES VS NINJAS 2007 FCBD ED SPECIAL #1 PI
MAR073197 PLAGUE O/T LIVING DEAD SPECIAL SAVORY BITS CVR #1 (MR) $5.99
OCT063255 PLANETARY BRIGADE ORIGINS #3 (OF 3) $3.99
MAR073322 PLATINA VOL 1 GN $9.99
MAR073445 PROFESSORS DAUGHTER COLLECTORS ED HC $29.95
MAR073444 PROFESSORS DAUGHTER GN $16.95
FEB073403 PS238 #22 $2.99
MAR073415 PUSH MAN & OTHER STORIES HC (JUL052818) (MR) $19.95
DEC068244 PYONGYANG A JOURNEY IN NORTH KOREA TP (MR) (PP #754) $14.95
MAR073206 ROMERO NOTLD BEGINNING SPLIT DECISION CVR #1 (OF 3) (MR) $5.99
MAR073207 ROMERO NOTLD BEGINNING UP A CREEK CVR #2 (OF 3) (MR) $5.99
JAN073777 ROUREVILLE VOL 1 GN (MR) $9.99
FEB073172 SABRINA VOL 2 #84 $2.25
JAN073927 SADHU #7 (RES) $2.99
JAN073511 SAVAGE TALES FOIL CVR #1 PI
OCT063799 SE7EN LUST #4 (OF 7) (MR) $3.99
SEP063511 SHENANIGANS GN $14.95
FEB073259 SIMPSONS CLASSICS #12 $3.99
FEB073838 SNAKEWOMAN #10 $2.99
MAR073176 SONIC & KNUCKLES MECHA MADNESS SPECIAL #1 CUR PTG (O/A) $2.25
MAR073175 SONIC & KNUCKLES SPECIAL #1 CUR PTG (O/A) $2.25
MAR073174 SONIC IN YOUR FACE SPECIAL #1 CURR PTG (O/A) $2.25
MAR073178 SONIC PRESENTS KNUCKLES CHAOTIX SP #1 CURR PTG (O/A) $2.25
MAR073171 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES VOL 1 TP (SEP063083) $7.49
MAR073177 SONIC VS KNUCKLES BATTLE ROYAL SPECIAL 2ND PTG (O/A) $2.25
FEB073522 STAR TREK KLINGONS BLOOD TELL #1 KLINGON LANGUAGE VAR ED $4.99
FEB073519 STAR TREK KLINGONS BLOOD WILL TELL #1 $3.99
FEB073544 STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION THE SPACE BETWEEN #4 (OF 6) $3.99
DEC063294 SULLENGREY GIFT SET (MR) $13.95
MAR073739 SUPER F$$$$$S #4 (MR) $5.00
MAR073266 TAG CURSED #3 (OF 5) $3.99
DEC063818 THE WAR IS ON GN $9.95
MAR073235 THRESHOLD MYTHIC SIRENS PINUPS WEBWITCH CVR (MR) $5.99
MAR073443 TINY TYRANT GN $12.95
JAN073917 TO TERRA VOL 2 TP $13.95
MAR073314 TOMB RAIDER GALLERY LUCKY LARA COVER (O/A) $5.95
MAR073572 TONY LOCO #2 (RES) (MR) $3.50
JAN073650 TRAIN PLUS TRAIN VOL 2 GN $10.99
JAN073696 TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 VAR CVR SLIPCASE $75.00
FEB073535 TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON BALANCING ACT $9.99
FEB073526 TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT KUP $3.99
FEB073299 TRUTH SERUM THE LONELY PARADE TP $15.00
FEB073473 UNCLE SCROOGE #365 $7.50
FEB073839 WALK-IN #5 $2.99
FEB073474 WALT DISNEYS COMICS & STORIES #680 $7.50
FEB073563 WAR OF THE UNDEAD #3 (OF 3) (MR) $3.99
MAR073313 WOLVERINE SHI BEAUTY & BEAST CVR (O/A) $5.95
FEB070025 WORLDS OF ASPEN 2007 FCBD ED #2 PI
JAN073682 WORMWOOD GENTLEMAN CORPSE #7 (MR) $3.99

DJ Eebs on
«1

Posts

  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2007
    DC COMICS

    52 WEEK #51
    ACTION COMICS
    AMAZONS ATTACK #1 (OF 6)
    CONNOR HAWKE DRAGONS BLOOD #6 (OF 6)
    JUSTICE #11 (OF 12)
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5
    WETWORKS #8

    MARVEL COMICS

    DAREDEVIL #96
    FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS

    DMAC on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    52 Week #51
    Action Comics #848
    Amazons Attacks #1
    Catwoman #66
    Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #35
    Justice #11
    Justice Society of America #5
    Supergirl & The Legion of Super-Heroes #29
    Wonder Woman #8
    Daredevil #96
    Fantastic Four #545
    Silent War #4

    Slow week.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99
    FANTASTIC FOUR #545 CWI $2.99
    HEROES FOR HIRE #9 $2.99
    SILENT WAR #4 (OF 6) $2.99
    WALK-IN #5 $2.99

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
    JAN070267 ACTION COMICS #848 $2.99
    FEB070246 AMAZONS ATTACK #1 (OF 6) $2.99
    FEB070286 JUSTICE #11 (OF 12) $3.50
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99
    FEB070303 WONDER WOMAN #8 $2.99

    JAN071922 BUCKY O HARE & THE TOAD MENACE DLX S&N ED $17.99

    holy fuck bucky o'hare!

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99


    FEB072099 FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS $2.99
    FEB072122 FANTASTIC FOUR #545 CWI $2.99
    FEB072166 X-MEN FIRST CLASS #8 (OF 8) $2.99

    What's this whole Illuminati: Secret History thing? Is it part of the mini, because I have that on my pull list.

    Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »
    What's this whole Illuminati: Secret History thing? Is it part of the mini, because I have that on my pull list.

    It's a reprint of the first two issues. Apparently, with all of the fallout from CW and how the Illuminati are connected to WWH, the issues are suddenly in demand.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    watchthesparkswatchthesparks Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
    FEB070286 JUSTICE #11 (OF 12) $3.50
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99

    kinda slow week after the wallet buster that was last wednesday.

    watchthesparks on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    FEB072099 FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS $2.99
    FEB073535 TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON BALANCING ACT $9.99
    FEB073526 TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT KUP $3.99

    At least, I hope all that is in my pull. I bet the TPB didn't get in, though.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ughhghhhh they're really running my fucking wallet this week

    New C&D trade, Walking Dead, Justice, JSA...

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just Daredevil, Fallen Son, and Wolverine this week. The former were both fantastic, but where the latter is going is still a mystery to me.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok I flipped through Fantastic 4, and that was painful.
    Storm knocks Silver Surfer out for a few minutes with a lightning bolt.

    Then Gravity comes back to life for no apparent reason.

    Then Silver Surfer comes back, but don't worry, Black Panther puts him in a headlock he can't break out of.

    Oh and the art is terrible.

    What the fuck.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the surprise resurrection was the dumbest bit. I mean, maybe Norin does have pressure points, and maybe Storm shot Norin with pure plasma lightning or something. AT least it shows them getting their asses kicked afterwards.

    Is it Norin or Norrin?

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99
    FEB072099 FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS $2.99

    All I was interested in this week. However I thought JSA was pretty kick ass.

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok I flipped through Fantastic 4, and that was painful.
    Storm knocks Silver Surfer out for a few minutes with a lightning bolt.

    Then Gravity comes back to life for no apparent reason.

    Then Silver Surfer comes back, but don't worry, Black Panther puts him in a headlock he can't break out of.

    Oh and the art is terrible.

    What the fuck.

    A great big "what the hell" to pretty much everything in your spoiler.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    I ordered Bucky O'Hare from Amazon because my shop didn't have it and I'm too lazy to go to the other shop

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    I thought it was pretty good. I certainly liked it a whole lot more than JSA this month. It's usually excellent, but this month just didn't do it for me at all.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    I thought it was pretty good. I certainly liked it a whole lot more than JSA this month. It's usually excellent, but this month just didn't do it for me at all.
    ....What?! This month was excellent.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2007
    I didn't really like Amazons Attack at all. The art was nice, but other than that, I dunno.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    I thought it was pretty good. I certainly liked it a whole lot more than JSA this month. It's usually excellent, but this month just didn't do it for me at all.
    ....What?! This month was excellent.

    I must be missing something then. There was conflict for about 2 seconds and the rest of the issue was them chillin up in the Fortress of Solitude. It just didn't do it for me this month, just didn't grab me. I didn't like the art this month either.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't know what was going on in Amazons Attack.

    I was like "Hey, Black Lightning's cool."

    then two pages later I was like "Hey, Circe's in everything right now go the fuck away"

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok I flipped through Fantastic 4, and that was painful.
    Storm knocks Silver Surfer out for a few minutes with a lightning bolt.

    Then Gravity comes back to life for no apparent reason.

    Then Silver Surfer comes back, but don't worry, Black Panther puts him in a headlock he can't break out of.

    Oh and the art is terrible.

    What the fuck.
    Oh fuck you Gravity coming back was awesome

    did you even read Beyond!

    Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    I thought it was pretty good. I certainly liked it a whole lot more than JSA this month. It's usually excellent, but this month just didn't do it for me at all.
    ....What?! This month was excellent.

    I must be missing something then. There was conflict for about 2 seconds and the rest of the issue was them chillin up in the Fortress of Solitude. It just didn't do it for me this month, just didn't grab me. I didn't like the art this month either.
    10 pages were with Starman and co. in Arkham, that's almost half the issue, and that was awesome.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
    JAN070267 ACTION COMICS #848 $2.99
    FEB070246 AMAZONS ATTACK #1 (OF 6) $2.99
    FEB070268 BLUE BEETLE #14 $2.99
    FEB070249 CATWOMAN #66 $2.99
    FEB070279 CONNOR HAWKE DRAGONS BLOOD #6 (OF 6) $2.99
    FEB070287 JSA CLASSIFIED #25 $2.99
    FEB070286 JUSTICE #11 (OF 12) $3.50
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99
    FEB070292 SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #29 $2.99
    FEB070303 WONDER WOMAN #8 $2.99

    JSA Classified was pretty good this month, and the format works a lot better than what JLA Classified is right now.

    Legion was good, though I'll miss Kitson and Waid.

    JSofA was great as usual, and Blue Beetle had its typical comedic moments.."eep!"

    Justice was great, featuring the old Superman / Captain Marvel switcheroo, and a surprisingly large amount of Jon Stewart action.

    I liked 52, especially the scene at the Baker household.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So is Amazons attack any good?

    I thought it was pretty good. I certainly liked it a whole lot more than JSA this month. It's usually excellent, but this month just didn't do it for me at all.
    ....What?! This month was excellent.

    I must be missing something then. There was conflict for about 2 seconds and the rest of the issue was them chillin up in the Fortress of Solitude. It just didn't do it for me this month, just didn't grab me. I didn't like the art this month either.
    10 pages were with Starman and co. in Arkham, that's almost half the issue, and that was awesome.

    The only part of that I got a kick out of was when Starman told Geo-Force that he smelled like dirt.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    DC COMICS

    FEB070243 52 WEEK #51 $2.50
    JAN070267 ACTION COMICS #848 $2.99
    FEB070246 AMAZONS ATTACK #1 (OF 6) $2.99
    FEB070286 JUSTICE #11 (OF 12) $3.50
    FEB070283 JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5 $2.99

    MARVEL COMICS

    FEB072121 DAREDEVIL #96 $2.99
    FEB072099 FALLEN SON DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA AVENGERS $2.99
    FEB072122 FANTASTIC FOUR #545 CWI $2.99
    NOV062346 POWERS #24 (MR) $2.95
    FEB072161 WOLVERINE #53 $2.99

    Also the Nightwing Annual after hearing how awesome it was.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Munch, I swear to god if you didn't love this weeks Blue Beetle I will place your soul in a Legacy of Torment so deep that NOT EVEN LIGHT SHALL ESCAPE.

    NO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE SHUT UP

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It was okay. The Ted Kord love felt forced though. He was never some Sun Tzu-like strategic genius, so I don't really understand why he would've been giving Guy books on military strategy and stuff.

    And I haven't really hated an issue of the book yet, as it'd have to evoke some real emotion from me for that to happen. Right now it's just sort of there. It's like an ugly couch; yeah it's basically fulfilling its purpose, and with a bit of work it could be something great that you'd be happy to have around, but as is you won't really miss it when it's gone.

    Though I am curious about how good the next issue will be. The guest writer, Torres, was the guy who had an awesome Ted Kord/Booster Gold/Ted Kord's nephew pitch with Mike Norton at one time, so his take on Jaime should be interesting.

    Munch on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    It was okay. The Ted Kord love felt forced though. He was never some Sun Tzu-like strategic genius, so I don't really understand why he would've been giving Guy books on military strategy and stuff.

    And I haven't really hated an issue of the book yet, as it'd have to evoke some real emotion from me for that to happen. Right now it's just sort of there. It's like an ugly couch; yeah it's basically fulfilling its purpose, and with a bit of work it could be something great that you'd be happy to have around, but as is you won't really miss it when it's gone.

    Though I am curious about how good the next issue will be. The guest writer, Torres, was the guy who had an awesome Ted Kord/Booster Gold/Ted Kord's nephew pitch with Mike Norton at one time, so his take on Jaime should be interesting.
    I liked the Ted love, however saying he's smarter than Bats is a bit much.

    However "IS. THAT. A. GREEN. FIST." made me spit up my coke....not on the comic luckily.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I liked the Ted love, however saying he's smarter than Bats is a bit much.

    However "IS. THAT. A. GREEN. FIST." made me spit up my coke....not on the comic luckily.

    See, that I liked, as I've always held that Beetle should be smarter than Batman; not when it comes to battle strategy or tactics, or in a "knows how to do goddamn everything" kind of way, but when it comes to straight up science I think Ted's on a whole different level than Batman.

    And yeah, Jaime's supporting cast continues to be much better written than Jaime himself. It's weird how much more character they all have than the star of the book.

    Munch on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've always seen Batman as one of the most determined, cunning men in the DCU and its greatest detective, not one of the smartest.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok I flipped through Fantastic 4, and that was painful.
    Storm knocks Silver Surfer out for a few minutes with a lightning bolt.

    Then Gravity comes back to life for no apparent reason.

    Then Silver Surfer comes back, but don't worry, Black Panther puts him in a headlock he can't break out of.

    Oh and the art is terrible.

    What the fuck.

    Man, I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    Of any of the four, Storm actually is powerful enough to do any real damage to Silver Surfer. She's supposed to have potential power near Phoenix levels, depending on who you ask.

    As for the headlock, we never actually got to see what Silver Surfer was going to do about T'Challa's (pretty stupid) move because Stardust promptly blasted him away.

    And unless this is the first issue of FF you've read, Gravity's resurrection was pretty much a foregone conclusion when McDuffie was tapped to be the new writer. Hell, last issue almost hit us over the head with that idea.

    So yeah, I don't really agree with you there. I thought the issue was pretty great.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

    Man, I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    Of any of the four, Storm actually is powerful enough to do any real damage to Silver Surfer. She's supposed to have potential power near Phoenix levels, depending on who you ask.

    As for the headlock, we never actually got to see what Silver Surfer was going to do about T'Challa's (pretty stupid) move because Stardust promptly blasted him away.

    And unless this is the first issue of FF you've read, Gravity's resurrection was pretty much a foregone conclusion when McDuffie was tapped to be the new writer. Hell, last issue almost hit us over the head with that idea.

    So yeah, I don't really agree with you there. I thought the issue was pretty great.

    Whoever puts Storm on that level of power is an idiot. The Phoenix is a universal force, Storm makes lightning. There is a stark difference. The Silver Surfer has fought people like Thanos and most recently two of the old gods or whatever and defeatetd them all. His power level is so much beyond that of Storm it's embarassing to think he could get taken out by a bolt of lightning.

    As for what would have happened had Stardust not blasted away Black Panther, he would have been blasted into dust by SS with ease or gotten his back broken when the board crashed into him. Once again, his power level is on a level that us such a magnitude higher than BP that even portrating them as equals is insane.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »

    Man, I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    Of any of the four, Storm actually is powerful enough to do any real damage to Silver Surfer. She's supposed to have potential power near Phoenix levels, depending on who you ask.

    As for the headlock, we never actually got to see what Silver Surfer was going to do about T'Challa's (pretty stupid) move because Stardust promptly blasted him away.

    And unless this is the first issue of FF you've read, Gravity's resurrection was pretty much a foregone conclusion when McDuffie was tapped to be the new writer. Hell, last issue almost hit us over the head with that idea.

    So yeah, I don't really agree with you there. I thought the issue was pretty great.

    Whoever puts Storm on that level of power is an idiot. The Phoenix is a universal force, Storm makes lightning. There is a stark difference. The Silver Surfer has fought people like Thanos and most recently two of the old gods or whatever and defeatetd them all. His power level is so much beyond that of Storm it's embarassing to think he could get taken out by a bolt of lightning.

    As for what would have happened had Stardust not blasted away Black Panther, he would have been blasted into dust by SS with ease or gotten his back broken when the board crashed into him. Once again, his power level is on a level that us such a magnitude higher than BP that even portrating them as equals is insane.

    Holy fuck, you sound retarded. Claremont, among other people, put her on that level. After all the shit she's done with her powers, the most you reduce it to is "Storm makes lightning". Please get a fucking clue. Her control over elemental particles is at the point that she wields near cosmic level power. And if you fucking paid attention, you'd note that her lightning blast hurt Surfer but not nearly enough to be more than an annoyance. She didn't take him out, nor did she expect she had.

    BP wasn't shown as an equal to the Surfer. All we saw was that T'Challa could get a chokehold on the Surfer and do a lot of bluffing. Shit, if you're going to leap to the conclusion that BP = Surfer because of that exchange, you may as well say the same shit about Ben. Ben sent Surfer flying with a punch, that must surely mean that he's being shown as equally powerful as the Surfer, am I right? :roll:

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

    Holy fuck, you sound retarded. Claremont, among other people, put her on that level. After all the shit she's done with her powers, the most you reduce it to is "Storm makes lightning". Please get a fucking clue. Her control over elemental particles is at the point that she wields near cosmic level power. And if you fucking paid attention, you'd note that her lightning blast hurt Surfer but not nearly enough to be more than an annoyance. She didn't take him out, nor did she expect she had.

    BP wasn't shown as an equal to the Surfer. All we saw was that T'Challa could get a chokehold on the Surfer and do a lot of bluffing. Shit, if you're going to leap to the conclusion that BP = Surfer because of that exchange, you may as well say the same shit about Ben. Ben sent Surfer flying with a punch, that must surely mean that he's being shown as equally powerful as the Surfer, am I right? :roll:

    I know that any criticism of the Black Panther comic gets you into a nerd rage of fagtacular levels. But lets cool down. Aside from the fact that Storm being able to manipulate cosmic storms and electromagnetic energy is a dumb exaggeration of her powers. Why then did she not use these fantastic powers to be anything more than an annoyance to the Silver Surfer? What does annoying your opponent accomplish? So apparently all she chooses to do in a fight is "make lightning" when she apparently could do much more if she wanted to.

    Allowing BP to physically grab onto SS and put him into a chokehold is still bullshit. Forgetting the fact that the Surfer does not even need fucking air, so the whole point of this "chokehold" is even more retarded. That hold should have either never happened in the first place because the Surfer is still faster than BP and also much stronger. Even if BP managed to grab hold of SS, it should have lasted all of a second until SS broke his arm for being so stupid as to try shit like that.

    But nevermind, im just racist because I think something that happened in your precious Black Panther's comic was dumb and chose to say so. My bad, ill keep my opinions to myself as to not disrupt your delicate view of the world in the future. You fucking baby.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You shouldn't write brilliant strategists if you can't come up with brilliant strategies.

    And I always assumed that Surfer didn't have a conventional physiology.




    Frankly, I'd have expected Panther to talk it out.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »

    Holy fuck, you sound retarded. Claremont, among other people, put her on that level. After all the shit she's done with her powers, the most you reduce it to is "Storm makes lightning". Please get a fucking clue. Her control over elemental particles is at the point that she wields near cosmic level power. And if you fucking paid attention, you'd note that her lightning blast hurt Surfer but not nearly enough to be more than an annoyance. She didn't take him out, nor did she expect she had.

    BP wasn't shown as an equal to the Surfer. All we saw was that T'Challa could get a chokehold on the Surfer and do a lot of bluffing. Shit, if you're going to leap to the conclusion that BP = Surfer because of that exchange, you may as well say the same shit about Ben. Ben sent Surfer flying with a punch, that must surely mean that he's being shown as equally powerful as the Surfer, am I right? :roll:

    I know that any criticism of the Black Panther comic gets you into a nerd rage of fagtacular levels. But lets cool down. Aside from the fact that Storm being able to manipulate cosmic storms and electromagnetic energy is a dumb exaggeration of her powers. Why then did she not use these fantastic powers to be anything more than an annoyance to the Silver Surfer? What does annoying your opponent accomplish? So apparently all she chooses to do in a fight is "make lightning" when she apparently could do much more if she wanted to.

    Allowing BP to physically grab onto SS and put him into a chokehold is still bullshit. Forgetting the fact that the Surfer does not even need fucking air, so the whole point of this "chokehold" is even more retarded. That hold should have either never happened in the first place because the Surfer is still faster than BP and also much stronger. Even if BP managed to grab hold of SS, it should have lasted all of a second until SS broke his arm for being so stupid as to try shit like that.

    But nevermind, im just racist because I think something that happened in your precious Black Panther's comic was dumb and chose to say so. My bad, ill keep my opinions to myself as to not disrupt your delicate view of the world in the future. You fucking baby.

    You made some retarded statements and I called you on it. I didn't say you had to like the comic, but if you put your opinions out there and I disagree, I'm going to say so. I never called you a racist, so don't try pulling that bullshit. You're so fucking caught up in your knee-jerk bitching that you don't even realize I'm not totally disagreeing with what you said. I took umbrage with your "Storm makes lightning" comment because it was straight bullshit and you ought to know that. I disagreed with your comment about BP's chokehold because you leaped to a wrong conclusion about how that scene went down. Never once did I comment on the plausability of what happened, just that it happened.

    If he wanted to, Surfer could easily have killed all four of them. No one is denying that. Any moron could see that the Surfer didn't want to hurt any of them, even though they attacked him. By the same token, I think Storm wanted to let Surfer know that they were serious, but did not want to seriously hurt the Surfer (if she even could, even with her power).

    And, just so you know for the future, the "olol BP fanboi" shit isn't clever nor does it lend any more validity to your statements. The shit is old and tired. If you want to descend to ad hominems, be my guest, but you sound more like a baby than you accuse me of acting.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    LOL @ BP putting SS in a headlock.

    Power cosmic? Fuck that, I was a JV high school wrestler.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    LOL @ BP putting SS in a headlock.

    Power cosmic? Fuck that, I was a JV high school wrestler.

    My initial reaction to that scene was "wtf T'challa? A fucking headlock on the Silver Surfer?" I'm sure the Surfer was more shocked at the relative stupidity of that move than anything else.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood- Wrapping up the mini, this issue felt a bit rushed, almost like it was missing a few pages of content. Dialogue's still sharp, and the basic plot was still pretty tight, but didn't impress me in the end all that much. I was just expecting a much bigger, or at least more interesting threat I guess. Derec Donovan continues to kill with his art, which is sort of a blend between Phil Hester and Ryan Ottley. If you're a fan of Connor Hawke, or just want a pretty fun action book, this is for you. If you're looking for anything deeper than that though, you'll need to look elsewhere. B- for this issue A- for the series.

    Blue Beetle- Much the same as the previous issues; Rogers writes good "funny" dialogue, with realistic mannerisms and fun quips, but as soon as he tries to write something serious I just start rolling my eyes. Rafael A's art is looking much cleaner, and his layouts seem to be getting considerably better. This issue was pretty light on plot; Jaime basically meets up with Guy Gardner, goes to Antarctica to confront the Reach, faces a familiar DCU villain (who has no real reason for allying with the Reach), and leaves having accomplished nothing. I really don't get what the point of this issue was, or why this series continues to inspire such fanatacism from its fans. What bothers me the most is that next issue's a fill-in, so the already slow-moving central plot is going to be delayed even further. B-

    JSA- I don't know much about the Legion, and I'm no longer reading JLA, so I'm pretty much lost here. Still, the dialogue was okay, Starman continues to amuse, the art was nice in a unremarkable sort of way (not as good as Eaglesham), and it held my interest. A

    Munch on
Sign In or Register to comment.