As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Out Now on PC

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    SONS OF BITCHES SHOT MY CAT

SpawnbrokerDrunken Bastardcptrugged
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I might have to start over after a few hours. It feels like I have a bad mix with an enchanter, battlemage, wayfarer, and cleric. Gonna wait until I find Sebille first but I'm getting my face kicked in most battles. Though if I could find armor that was anything close to my enemies that'd help too.

OKAY

SO

Right after I got Beast and made him a cleric, I also got some gloves that let me teleport anyone and oh my god this has helped a lot.

Also, do I eventually get resurrection as a skill? I'm clinging to life right now thanks to scrolls.

Got the gloves at level 4, i'm still wearing them at level 7 (4k xp to 8), i don't see myself not wearing them anytime soon, having extra teleport is that usefull.
    Not only in combat, but getting around the map.

I was sad when I found out having the gloves and the skill itself doesn't give you two Teleports on different CDs. Of course at that point I just gave the gloves to another character, they are incredibly useful in every fight.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Question about the Eternal Worshipper.
    Kill or Save?

I'm kinda thinking that kill would be the right option, especially after i ate the other 3 souls, but on the other hand save seems to give decent rewards and she has been helpfull.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hey, now I recognize the Red Prince's voice actor. The same fellow who did such a great job with the Operative in SWTOR, right ?

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Okay, managed to take down Griff. Turning Butter against him and waiting for everyone to be in good positions made the fight so very more manageable. That said, I just noticed that with this level up all the vendors seem to have upgraded their stock. I wish I could have leveled up to 4 before killing Griff to get more free skillbooks out of it. Or waited to pickpocket people. Ah well. It happpens.

Still not sure what to go with for my guys' skills though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm a little puzzled.
    I'm in the cavern with the Fire Slugs, I gather than I can now escape Fort Joy and move the plot along ? If I want to get into the Fort's prison and resolve all of those quests, I need to find an entrance to the Fort, right ?

EDIT- Nevermind, I need to finish up Gawin's quest first, which takes me where I need to be.

Fairchild on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    SONS OF BITCHES SHOT MY CAT
    *unlocks fantasy John Wick talent*

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    BionicPenguinchrono_travellerAistanKyanilisQuidstopgapcptruggedKanaBobblean_alt
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So this is sort of a minor irritation, but I wish you could mouse over a finished item in the recipe panel to see its stats. It feels like a weird oversight and I'm wondering if it's a bug.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    m!ttensKanaBobble
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Hilde. You are a goldmine. Also I can not imagine doing that fight on Tactician. Funk all that.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    Went down to the prison area. I could have gone here before, I just kind of thought this was the way out when all my guys stopped for a pep talk near the door up from the lowest level. Though, admittedly, that Flenser fight wuld have been hairy as heck not too long ago.

As a note I've gotten Ifan a point in summoning and honestly this imp is super useful. Please hit the imp and leave the healer alone.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    The Flenser fight and a fight in the marshes that I won't spoil are the point where I was like "Oh. Oh shit." Some of the tougher fights in this game, the enemy gets to go first and will either one shot a character or nuke my entire team from orbit on their first round. It basically becomes a combat puzzle of "how do I keep this person stunlocked until they die so that doesn't happen again?"

Steam: Spawnbroker
    The Flenser fight and a fight in the marshes that I won't spoil are the point where I was like "Oh. Oh shit." Some of the tougher fights in this game, the enemy gets to go first and will either one shot a character or nuke my entire team from orbit on their first round. It basically becomes a combat puzzle of "how do I keep this person stunlocked until they die so that doesn't happen again?"

Tactician or Classic?

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Went down to the prison area. I could have gone here before, I just kind of thought this was the way out when all my guys stopped for a pep talk near the door up from the lowest level. Though, admittedly, that Flenser fight wuld have been hairy as heck not too long ago.

As a note I've gotten Ifan a point in summoning and honestly this imp is super useful. Please hit the imp and leave the healer alone.
    the Incarnate gets the job done, especially once you start casting the various infusions on it.
    Mine is keeping up with the party ranger for damage done

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    ED! wrote: »

Tactician or Classic?

I am playing on Classic, I imagine Tactician is even worse.

Tactician or Classic?

I am playing on Classic, I imagine Tactician is even worse.

Good to hear theres some challange on Classic later on. It's a bit too standard if you've played the previous game. Tactician though is borked; just increases Armor and makes fights a damned slog.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    So you don't need to play Original Sin to play this? What about story hooks?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    So you don't need to play Original Sin to play this? What about story hooks?

This one is about 1000 years after the first. There's a few nods to the first game but nothing revelatory or important.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    BionicPenguinsgt rob
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    There's also in game books early on that give a brief recap of the first game just for context when people reference stuff later on. But yeah, it's a standalone story.

Are you the magic man?
    I never played the first and I've found the story fine so far. I also went with one of the origin characters which I imagine helps since I'm more focused on Lohse's story.

Kana
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Right, so i finally escape Fort Joy, and now i have a bunch of journal entries saying i abandoned people to their fates, even when i did everything in my power to find some way to save them, but the game would not let me just point to the now clear escape path to a boat.
    WTF?

edit-
    apparently a known issue, patch to be out this week.
    How was this not fixed already? Fort Joy has been out on early access for a year now, seriously.

Nyysjan on
    Amyro, your secret passage is shit.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Amyro, your secret passage is shit.

Pet Pal

God dammit, I knew there was a talent I meant to pick.

Ugh, I'll go get whatsisface.

Also, I learned that if you're sneaking with one character and enter a new instance, the rest of your group is warped right in with you. That's handy.

I found a boat! If I leave Fort Joy do I have the option to return?

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I found a boat! If I leave Fort Joy do I have the option to return?

I'm not that far yet but I read you can use waypoints to come back later

destroyah87
    edited September 2017
    That's good. Cause as mentioned earlier, Lohse is going to comeback and John Wick the fuck out of these assholes.

Edit: Oh, I haven't actually left. Just gotten to the marsh.

JOHN WICK MOTHATFUCKAAAAASSS

Quid on
    chrono_traveller
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    I definitely turned the corner with this game. Was having a hard time with a fighter/cleric/shadow dancer/fire wizard. Just seemed brutal. Restarted with the enchanter/fighter/rogue/battlemaster and it all seemed to click.

One thing that was SUPER tough initially was taking Fane but never having a way to heal him. Only a little poisoned food, no poison spells, game didn't really let me know I was borking myself there. Skipped him on this play through, will catch him on the flip side. About to leave Fort Joy and wondering how much larger the game gets, because this is already a lot of game.

Yeah, I'm saving Fane for my custom, give no fucks character.

Massena wrote: »
    I definitely turned the corner with this game. Was having a hard time with a fighter/cleric/shadow dancer/fire wizard. Just seemed brutal. Restarted with the enchanter/fighter/rogue/battlemaster and it all seemed to click.

One thing that was SUPER tough initially was taking Fane but never having a way to heal him. Only a little poisoned food, no poison spells, game didn't really let me know I was borking myself there. Skipped him on this play through, will catch him on the flip side. About to leave Fort Joy and wondering how much larger the game gets, because this is already a lot of game.

Fane is a Geomancer, and they get poison spells. There are vendors in the first town that sell spells for each school.

Also you can pick up a poison barrel and carry it around to make stuff with, or so I hear.

Also, everyone should be carrying around a bedroll. Use it after each fight to fully heal your party. It also gives you a Rested buff for 3 turns, so you can use it pre-combat for a nice party buff if you want to super minmax.

destroyah87Moridin889Kana

Fane is a Geomancer, and they get poison spells. There are vendors in the first town that sell spells for each school.

Also you can pick up a poison barrel and carry it around to make stuff with, or so I hear.

He's not a geomancer if you respec him to cleric before knowing about how undead heal. I know there are ways to make it work, that's not my point. I borked my game without knowing how or why and struggled because of it, that's my point.

And if you're willing to take the time to learn it, there's a lot of fun here. Story is much better than the first game.

He's not a geomancer if you respec him to cleric before knowing about how undead heal. I know there are ways to make it work, that's not my point. I borked my game without knowing how or why and struggled because of it, that's my point.

And if you're willing to take the time to learn it, there's a lot of fun here. Story is much better than the first game.

I mean. . .you can still give them a poison wand (there's one that I'm sure they specifically put in Fort Joy for exactly this reason) and have them give themselves a poison pool, or possibly have a ranged do so as well. I will say the first couple of hours it might be a slog if you really don't have any poison bottles or bombs on you.

I want to say though, didn't they mention you can't normal heal Undead when he joins the party (I guess that actually might be too late). Reload?

• immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    ProTip: If you're insterested in interesting plot/character beats, definitely play an Origin character.

I'm playing splitscreen with the wifey, and there is a massive difference in the amount of dialog awesomeness between her origin character (Lohse) and my generic undead elf.

Kill the Elf.Kill the Elf.Kill the Elf.Kill the Elf.Kill the Elf.

<3
    QuidBionicPenguinMirkelKana
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

One thing I'm really likely about undead is that their "healing" potions are SO much cheaper to acquire (Empty Potion Bottle + Ooze Barrel = Small Poison Potion). You can combine two of the smaller poison potions to make a bigger version.

Since crafting them doesn't use up the barrel, I just make Fane carry around an ooze barrel to keep us both flush with poison potions to pop when we're in trouble.

immortal squish on
    <3
    Kana
    ProTip: If you're insterested in interesting plot/character beats, definitely play an Origin character.

I'm playing splitscreen with the wifey, and there is a massive difference in the amount of dialog awesomeness between her origin character (Lohse) and my generic undead elf.

Just because a custom character doesn't have a backstory doesn't mean they got short shrift in the writing. I've found that they prevent the game from "breaking" in terms of reactions (for example an all origin party and the reactions of that party after that scene are a little stupid).

. . .and that scene will happen eventually if Lohse is in your party.

Quiddestroyah87
    Well, I'm hardly going to restart now. Besides, none of the Origin characters really caught my fancy in the chargen screen. Beast seemed the only one I might be willing to play as, and he's amusing enough as a companion.

Okay

I was not prepared for the number of exploding pigs this game was going to throw at me

IoloKane Red Robe
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Okay that bit in marshes with the heads on the spike was just incredible, the bit where you are tormenting that one head by telling terrible joke after terrible joke had me rolling. The narrator is aces.
    I saved and 100% opened that chest afterwards too.

MassenaKana
    Aretè wrote: »
    Okay that bit in marshes with the heads on the spike was just incredible, the bit where you are tormenting that one head by telling terrible joke after terrible joke had me rolling. The narrator is aces.
    I saved and 100% opened that chest afterwards too.

I discovered you could move the "bombs" so as to not be that bad. Love the outside the box thinking that's all over this game.

I mean. . .you can still give them a poison wand (there's one that I'm sure they specifically put in Fort Joy for exactly this reason) and have them give themselves a poison pool, or possibly have a ranged do so as well. I will say the first couple of hours it might be a slog if you really don't have any poison bottles or bombs on you.

I want to say though, didn't they mention you can't normal heal Undead when he joins the party (I guess that actually might be too late). Reload?

You can get a good Starter Poison Wand from
    killing the Void-touched turtles in the NE corner of the Fort Joy map, just past that cliff camp with the two refugees in it.