As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FFX Ultimates available, including the dreaded Geocities at U+ diff.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Because I have no self-control, I immediately pulled on the New Dungeon relic draw.

Results:

Reno's Goggles: (Pyramid. 1 hit of AOE magic damage, large chance to Stop and Silence. Trash, likely)
    Crescent Wish: (Dreamstage.) My second such weapon.
    Shooting Star: (Rinoa's Sorceress Awakening BSB).

Would that I had an Enearth or Enice SB option for Rinoa, but that's not too shabby for FFVIII Cid Missions.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm weak and having fun with election results. After a brief look over the relics, I gave in, used 50% of a Google Play gift certificate from my birthday to not ruin my mythrilness, and got...

Bartz's BSB
    Zack's Apocalypse
    Tifa's Boostga

No more FF7 swords or gloves, please. Please please please starting giving me FF8 stuff, damn it.

But the extra BSB is sweet.

Also, looks like a new kind of SB is coming in Japan. Combo/link SBs across characters.

Cww40p5XAAQmYvF.jpg

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Do you need to have relics on two characters? I think that's illegal in Japan. Pad tried and failed.

Lucky Draw isn't curated at all. You guys are super lucky and I hate you. Will not pull.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That's Shantotto, Iroha, and... who's the third guy? I only know of FFXI characters throug their appearances in Dissidia and XIV.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Ugh, if poop like Pyramid is still in the draw, that makes it a much harder sell. I was hoping they would get rid of most of that junk. :(

It's not even -ja level damage, for crying out loud

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    What a waste of 25 mythril. Buster Sword, Guard Stick, Air Knife, and Laguna' s Jacket.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Do you need to have relics on two characters? I think that's illegal in Japan. Pad tried and failed.

No. It looks like from the datamining you need a specific SB to trigger the start of a chain, and then all skills that fall into the SB's 'category' (elemental? skill type? both? something else?) is added to the chain combo as well as powered up. The chain only lasts for a limited amount of time (there's a bar you can see in one of the right images).

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Well did the lucky draw on my alt account, because that account needs synergy nearly everywhere.

1/11.

Cutting Trigger.

/sigh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Just Zell's Gauntlet. Literal worst case scenario. I thought the garbage was getting culled, and pulled without thinking. Fuck.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Aerith's Keepsake Ribbon and Aurora Rod (+atk and phys blink), Rinoa's Valkyrie (multi lightning hit), and a dupe of Faris's Artemis bow.

2 more VII stat sticks to add to the pile (I have Aerith's SSB anyways), Rinoa and Edea don't have to fight for the Shooting Star I also have, and an upgrade for Faris's bow.

I feel guilty, because that's probably an A- pull for anybody else, but for me it's a B. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    In my quick skim of the relic list, nothing jumped out at me as being missing...all the classic garbage I expected was there, including all of Red's hairpins and Barret's gunarms. There are going to be some high highs and low lows as far as pulls from this banner go.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Keepsake ribbon has ridiculous stats for its age. I use it regularly.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I pulled, since I'll never really have a source of VII or VIII relics outside of lucky draws. 5/11:

Galuf's Titan's Gloves SSB
    Cait Sith's Green Megaphone SSB
    Aerith's Keepsake Ribbon SB (might mean something for a Cid Mission someday I guess?)
    Yuffie SB shuriken (pretty junky; I mistook it for her SSB for a moment)
    Barret SB (junk)

That's my first Monk soul break, and it does an interesting-if-awkward thing, so that's a win. Also my first instrument, first non-Halloween thrown weapon, and first non-Tyro ninja SB, but I don't know if any of that will ever actually be relevant. Pretty great for 25 mythril, in any case.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Three sparkles. Reno's first rod, Zantetsuken Reverse, and Crystal Comb. I don't really care about the first two that much, though I am hurting for VIII swords. That Comb should be alright, though!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Always drawing on the luckies. Because I enjoy doing so.

Maverick, Guard Stick, Yellow Megaphone. All three characters.. I am lacking on SBs for, so I will appreciate these anyway.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Air Knife and Zack's Gloves

Well I guess the thing I read about the relic list being curated was a complete lie

Total waste of 25 mythril

• Options
    Godo on normal will kill your leveling team.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I pulled. Tifa's Oversoul BSB.

Friends of mine in my FFRK FB group chat all also pulled BSB. 3 people got Rinoa's Shooting Star. One person got Zell's Ergheiz. One person got Aeris' Wizer Rod, and one person got Squall's Twin Lion and Seph's BSB katana (weird ass name).

We kind of sucked out everyone's luck. I'm so sorry. :(

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Zack's Gloves are still totally useful as an SB to stretch out his ChainCharging, at least.

I want to pull on this one, because it's another shot at Bartz BSB, but my 5/7 synergy is already really strong. Gonna have to consult the Mythril planner for this one.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Got my first BSB (Faris) and that's it. Is that a relatively good BSB?

• Options
    I already have the gloves and I have Bartz SSB + BSB so it's not even useful as a +wind item (106 attack without synergy is pathetic)

• Options
    Ahh, bummer.

So, Faris is a super versatile character who hardly ever gets to do things other than Full Break and a Breakdown. Her BSB lets her do other things whilst still providing those important skills.

She's my go-to support for caster teams, and I Dived her to 5* Dancer for caster teams vs AoE. She can use Wrath+Ace Striker in a caster team without wrecking her buffs, plus add Thief's Revenge or something. A synergy sword plus burst mode gives her plenty of ATK.

In a physical team you can just run her as a Thief in a DPS slot, then have her use her BSB later in the fight for a stronger Full Break and good single target entry damage.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I like it quite a bit. It's not quite as much of an immediate gamechanger as some others, but it saves a lot of ability slots and it lets Faris in particular get away with some really wonky setups (if I give her Dr. Mog's I can do stuff like R1 Mug Bloodlust + R2 Thief's Revenge and never worry about running out of hones, because the SB generation on the burst commands is higher than average). If nothing else, I think the BSB plus Defense Breakdown works out to like 13% more party damage than Full Break alone (and I could never fit Defense Breakdown into a team before I got my Artemis Bow).

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    The Bad Boy Brawl was fun. Tidus with the new 4* shooter skill, Ramza with Water Veil and Hope with Leviathan.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Well. Did the lucky draw, got Light Rod for Reno. I am really not that impressed, been having horrible luck with draws lately, is he any good as a character?

Guess I can add him to my possible mage team, good to know other people got awesome stuff!

Hopefully I will have better luck for Kain Banner 1.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    You can have Faris spam wrath with ace striker to constantly have the full breakdown effect active alongside the breakdown commands

And for the harder 200/250 dungeons in future you can sphere her to have 5* dancer for that sweet multi break

Beasteh on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Air Knife and Zack's Gloves

Well I guess the thing I read about the relic list being curated was a complete lie

Total waste of 25 mythril

Zack's Gloves are an AoE 100% stun on a character that can chain charge.

A few rounds of chain charge to push the boss into weak mode then a few more rounds of stunning it works wonders, from my experience.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Also I got Red XIII's shell + 10 hits, Seifer's Coat (already had his gunblade), and wind drake's roar. I have shitty V synergy, so thats a little something.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh shit, I got two bows for Faris, including her BSB. I guess it's time to make a mote investment.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Aevis killer, dupe sadly. I hope for better luck next time!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Y'know, now that I think about it, my pull wasn't that useless, if not exactly spectacular.

Buster Sword is basically my third-best weapon in VII (behind the 1st Fusion Sword and a 5+ Basilisk Claw), as Platinum Fist, Magic Comb, and Assault Gun are nigh-unusable by most characters. Guard Stick gives me a VII medica, so CMs are a possibility now. Air Knife is weak, but it's my first weapon with Wind+, so that might be useful down the line if I ever get a good wind SB (besides Bartz's BSB C1). Laguna's Jacket doesn't bring the greatest SB (Laguna already has Freezing Barrage) but this gives him a non-ice option, and synergy armor is always good.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Squall BSB (duplicate)
    Kotetsu V (Gilgamesh)
    Zantetsuken V (Gilgamesh)
    4-point Shuriken (Yuffie)

Well, I got a little more FFV synergy... think I'm actually basically set on that realm now.

• Options
    I mean if you get four+ rainbows that's pretty good no matter what. Someday...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Lucky Draw got me 1/11 for... Another copy of Faris' BSB. Permanent weapon for her to use with Shooter abilities, I guess?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    A Prism rod for Aerith for me, could be a whole lot worse. My gf got a Revolver, which is a stat stick for FF8 at least.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Seething at the people who casually got Cloud's OSB on the lucky draw on the reddits

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    4 Rainbows on my Lucky Draw. Diamond Pin for Red, Beast Killer for Quistis (which I just got with a 100gem pull on the lady banner), Bartz's Excalibur (good pull there, I didn't have any Bart weapons), and Cloud's Buster Sword (it was the last 4 star to come up). After Bartz's SSB I was excited for the 4th rainbow and feel like I hit a whammy getting the ancient Buster Sword for Cloud.

25 Mythril is probably worth it for Bartz's sword alone though.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/11 Strange Visions for Selphie. BSB for my A team healer. Happy with that for 25 mythril.

• Options
    This is awful to read. I'll come back to the thread when this banner closes. Must not pull must not pull.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    3 Rainbows for my lucky pull. Yuffie 4 point shuriken, Galuf SSB, and Cloud's Organics. An interesting mixed bag on that one. Only one really rough pull I suppose, and it at least has slow on it for some utility. Not even good, but I did need a FF7 thrown weapon. Galuf's is more goofy than good or bad I guess but hey it can allow for some fun stuff. Organics is just old and lacking anything but damage. The damage at least isn't the worst.

This discussion has been closed.