As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sacred vines! Secret Shamblers starts page 89. [SE++ WoW]

19495969798100»

• AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if you did dual wielding all you really had to choose from were weapons with Agility. You'd still put Strength gems in them though.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    in vanilla, fury warriors had a soft cap to strength and then needed agility for crit

boy did that go over well with warriors rolling on leather and mail items (it did not)

also my current dps is improving a lot, but I'm roughly at the point where the only thing that wiill actually improve it much is better secondaries and legendaries, and that is super frustrating

like, last week I was top 5 in most fights and had like 320k? on ursoc, but my percentiles for my ilvl are bad because rogues at my level have at least 1 dps leggo and better crit and there is literally NOTHING that can be done to correct that other than "play more"

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Or sometimes back then they put every stat on things, just because.

U2AJGCM.jpg

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Spirit on plate was a relic of when health regeneration still happened during combat. Spirit used to be the best stat for literally everyone in beta so they toned it down. But they never went back and reitemized.

They also used to follow the "jack of all trades, master of none" philosophy for hybrids like in EQ, but thankfully started to pull back from that in BC.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    tfw 69 spirit

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    Niceforge Armor

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So this weekend i had a lot of stuff going on and a car wreck took out my internet from line 4:00 pm until some time after i went to bed yesterday. So i still have yet to do any m+ this week. I have i think a +7 VoW stone in me but id run anything around that level. Gotta get my chest.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    QFitMHh.jpg

Zay wrote: »
    tfw 69 spirit

nice

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also make sure you get 2 dps legendaries as well oh wait fuck you blizzard

This is just what is needed to top the meters or to compete at a much lower ilvl.

If someone's basically heroic nightmare geared they should be able to do enough damage to go to mythic, and if they're not then it would be in their best interest to do the things I mentioned above if they'd like to attend mythic.

I hate seeing people get cut and I know that with some practice and some simple steps more people could go.

and sometimes after doing everything you said some people's DPS just doesn't get there anyway for no discernible reason. Maybe they have brain problems. It is a mystery.

Speaking for me personally, I only began to play better by necessity, and competition. I vanilla and the beginning of TBC, I was pretty bad. I only started to get better after I started raiding w the Shamblers, and saw the other rogues doing more damage than me, so I started to actually learn how to play. Then once I had caught up, it was to get into, and clear Wrath heroics.

I know this sounds a little bit of a vicious cycle, because I'm basically saying to do hard content, so you can learn how to do more damage, so you can do hard content, but that's basically true.

That sounds nice, but I really honestly feel like I have already been doing this from the beginning of the expansion, and not seen much of an improvement in my numbers since I initially switched my talents to The Ones That Are The Best DPS, Seriously Why Do The Others Even Exist, Blizzard You Are So Bad At This. If you mean you got better just by actually getting more practice doing hard content for a long time, as opposed to just pursuing knowledge about how to play better, well I guess that is the one thing I haven't yet had the opportunity to try and there may still be hope for me.

Bleh, sorry I whine about this all the time, I'm sure it's very tiresome. Obviously everyone hates getting cut, but it's not a single player game and if the group has a better chance to clear something without some dead weight, I agree that cutting them (me) is the right call. It's just... a sore spot for me when someone implies that I just need to put in the effort and then I wouldn't need to worry about getting cut. Rhylith probably wasn't talking about me specifically though, so much as he meant to encourage the people who show up for heroic EN that it's not that big of a leap to mythic EN, to help encourage turnout so we might actually be able to meet the "you must have 20 players to ride" quota. Sorry for snapping at you, Rhylith.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    SabreMau wrote: »
    QFitMHh.jpg

This reminds me of way back in, BC/Wrath days people were begging for blizz let paladins dual wield, and someone posted a pic of leaked/datamined models of "dual wielding paladins".

And you click on the spoiler and it was a tauren warrior with a ret pally in each hand.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Competition is the key to doing good.

If i look at the logs and I see a green number I am very upset.

I like Dys very much, but when it's raid time my priorities are beating boss 1, grinding Dys' bones in to dust 2.

Also does anyone have 2 dps legendaries? I technically have 1 but it is so bad that I will replace it as soon as I have something 880 with mastery on it.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

This is just what is needed to top the meters or to compete at a much lower ilvl.

If someone's basically heroic nightmare geared they should be able to do enough damage to go to mythic, and if they're not then it would be in their best interest to do the things I mentioned above if they'd like to attend mythic.

I hate seeing people get cut and I know that with some practice and some simple steps more people could go.

and sometimes after doing everything you said some people's DPS just doesn't get there anyway for no discernible reason. Maybe they have brain problems. It is a mystery.

Speaking for me personally, I only began to play better by necessity, and competition. I vanilla and the beginning of TBC, I was pretty bad. I only started to get better after I started raiding w the Shamblers, and saw the other rogues doing more damage than me, so I started to actually learn how to play. Then once I had caught up, it was to get into, and clear Wrath heroics.

I know this sounds a little bit of a vicious cycle, because I'm basically saying to do hard content, so you can learn how to do more damage, so you can do hard content, but that's basically true.

That sounds nice, but I really honestly feel like I have already been doing this from the beginning of the expansion, and not seen much of an improvement in my numbers since I initially switched my talents to The Ones That Are The Best DPS, Seriously Why Do The Others Even Exist, Blizzard You Are So Bad At This. If you mean you got better just by actually getting more practice doing hard content for a long time, as opposed to just pursuing knowledge about how to play better, well I guess that is the one thing I haven't yet had the opportunity to try and there may still be hope for me.

Bleh, sorry I whine about this all the time, I'm sure it's very tiresome. Obviously everyone hates getting cut, but it's not a single player game and if the group has a better chance to clear something without some dead weight, I agree that cutting them (me) is the right call. It's just... a sore spot for me when someone implies that I just need to put in the effort and then I wouldn't need to worry about getting cut. Rhylith probably wasn't talking about me specifically though, so much as he meant to encourage the people who show up for heroic EN that it's not that big of a leap to mythic EN, to help encourage turnout so we might actually be able to meet the "you must have 20 players to ride" quota. Sorry for snapping at you, Rhylith.

The second thing. You can only read so much, and the best setup will only get you as far as your execution. I mostly pushed myself because I was being super silently competitive and just had to be higher than everyone else.

Javen on
    Angry wrote: »

I like Dys very much, but when it's raid time my priorities are beating boss 1, grinding Dys' bones in to dust 2.

Also does anyone have 2 dps legendaries? I technically have 1 but it is so bad that I will replace it as soon as I have something 880 with mastery on it.

Adus does and I hate him

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    in vanilla, fury warriors had a soft cap to strength and then needed agility for crit

boy did that go over well with warriors rolling on leather and mail items (it did not)

i definitely remember having such a piece on my warrior at the time for that reason

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

My Belt and boots are both DPS legendaries. #2 and #4 of the 4 DPS legendaries for my spec if im not mistaken.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hell, even now I silently seethe when I take more damage/do less healing/dps than Alendra. Which is often, because bears.

edited December 2016
    This reminds me of way back in, BC/Wrath days people were begging for blizz let paladins dual wield, and someone posted a pic of leaked/datamined models of "dual wielding paladins".

And you click on the spoiler and it was a tauren warrior with a ret pally in each hand.

I remember that image, but when I went to go find "dual-wielding paladin", I got this instead.

5hAMLX5.jpg

Because if it was from BC/Wrath days it's probably expired image hosting by now.

SabreMau on

It definitely wasn't at you because I know you're putting in the work, though I haven't gone and read/compared your logs or anything because I don't know hunters well.

To some extent there's a balance, in that someone super geared/skilled doing 450k can make up for a few people doing like 250-275k for example. But we obviously can't do that for everyone unfortunately, and if someone's only doing like 200 then there's probably things they don't realize that they could work on. Whether it's cooldown usage or potions or missing a neck enchant or how to properly deal with dps while on the move or whatever, there's lots of little things people can do that they may not think of and I was just trying to point those out.

And it could be something beyond skill like latency! I have no way to look into that.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I actually remember that attack power back then was 2xStrength and .25xAgility so you could theoretically use a significantly higher ilevel thing if it had a lot more agility to make up for it, but this only mattered for weapons since weapon dps was so important that getting less AP from stats didn't matter. and also that weapons just outright had +AP on them. This was during wrath so they'd mostly done away with wearing different armor types unless you were a healer, iirc, and there was absolutely no reason for a DK to ever gem agility

No reason as a DPS DK, no. But as a Tank DK there absolutely was good reason. It was pretty quick that parry scaling from strength hit really rough DR, so if a red socket bonus was good you'd put an agi/gem in it to get the bonus and some dodge from the agi.

Similarly AGI polearms were okay for them too, though less so since they all had dps secondaries only.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

I have 2 dips leggos
    The best two for me until they ruin one in the patch

mkc.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the Wrath era strength/agility infighting.

Was very glad when they added spec-locked need/greed as a result of that, lost more weapon upgrades than I care to count as a feral druid to that nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.