As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    more like scare eee n EEE

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Ghost Hunters should check out Airbnb.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I stayed in an Airbnb during Ghostbusters Fan Fest back in June.

It was listed as a 4-bed but it was actually only 3 plus a couch and optional air mattress. I also left my sunglasses behind. Spooky!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    more like scare eee n EEE

The crypt keeper is rolling in his grave.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    They should bring Takes from the Crypt back. Everyone loves an anthology series!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i just got the amityville horror 2 remake starring the girl that played the sister re-cast as the mother and i am turgid as fucking granite to watch this train wreck

if it's only half as goofy as the original it will be 9.97 well spent.

• Options
    They should bring Takes from the Crypt back. Everyone loves an anthology series!

I remember that one about the lumberjacks.

• Options
    It is pretty interesting that Airbnb gets reports about ghosts.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    if I ever used Airbnb I think I'd exclusively sleep at haunted places.

"note: Young girl oozes through vent in floor and cries blood at you."

sold

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I think it makes a certain amount of sense. I'd be uneasy sleeping in someone else's house regardless of whether it's an Airbnb or whatever, I think most of us kinda are speaking broadly. You're already in a state of heightened awareness. And the ghosts feed on this energy. :V

I mean also every Airbnb in my head is an HH Holmes murder factory so. That's just a me thing I think tho.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    if I ever used Airbnb I think I'd exclusively sleep at haunted places.

"note: Young girl oozes through vent in floor and cries blood at you."

sold

That is a solid 7% discount, right there.

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular

Takes from the Crypt sounds like a morning sports commentary show

Reminds me of when Drew Magary would have segments in his column written in the Crypt Keeper's voice with horror puns about athletes names and it was great. RIP Deadspin.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "I promise that I will creep in through the window while you're asleep with an icepick between my teeth and jam it up your ocular hole and that I am a ghost"

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If I ever buy a house it will be number 13, gotta get that superstitious discount. For a long time house numbers would skip the 13 but the city council stopped doing that in the last decade or so.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    "I promise that I will creep in through the window while you're asleep with an icepick between my teeth and jam it up your ocular hole and that I am a ghost"

Oh man, dang, wow, easy 11% discount on this one!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Remember the "All Through the House" Tales from the Crypt episode?

It is a classic.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I wish we had more actually good space horror movies. Because there's nothing that fills me with more real dread that the awing sense of how immense and inhospitable the cosmos is to us. Give me something relentless because it doesn't have any feelings one way or another, like the vacuum of space, rather than some rampaging beast that wants to eat the crew or some alien ghost or whatever.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I wish we had more actually good space horror movies. Because there's nothing that fills me with more real dread that the awing sense of how immense and inhospitable the cosmos is to us. Give me something relentless because it doesn't have any feelings one way or another, like the vacuum of space, rather than some rampaging beast that wants to eat the crew or some alien ghost or whatever.

Ad Astra was sort of this recently, and parts of Interstellar.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    I feel like a SciFi-Horror season of American Horror Story would not suck.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Ad Astra was sort of this recently, and parts of Interstellar.

I was just rewatching Interstellar and that's what gave me the thought. The dread that comes into that film is my favorite kind of horror film feeling, and one I rarely get to experience.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I mean, if you think about it, we're all living in a space horror movie right now. Space is only like a hundred miles away, and there's nothing between you and it but thin air.

Space could come after you at any time.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Spaceship could come by and suck up our atmosphere.

• Options
    Oh yeah space could kill us at literally any minute and with little to no warning all the time. Gamma ray bursts, the odd undetected rogue asteroid, rogue planetoids, alien Invaders and extradimensional horrors, the Tyranids. It could all go sideways, babey! Live it up!

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    watch Aniara. just expect to be more depressed than horrified.

i also recommend Europa Report. also not a horror, but still space weirdness.

i really wanted to like Ad Astra more. like, it was still quite good but i feel like the space stuff took a backseat to the family drama.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Oh yeah space could kill us at literally any minute and with little to no warning all the time. Gamma ray bursts, the odd undetected rogue asteroid, rogue planetoids, alien Invaders and extradimensional horrors, the Tyranids. It could all go sideways, babey! Live it up!

Got to 8:25

https://youtu.be/Ep_1k-lOto8?t=505

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I think it makes a certain amount of sense. I'd be uneasy sleeping in someone else's house regardless of whether it's an Airbnb or whatever, I think most of us kinda are speaking broadly. You're already in a state of heightened awareness. And the ghosts feed on this energy. :V

I mean also every Airbnb in my head is an HH Holmes murder factory so. That's just a me thing I think tho.

Wait, you mean I should just be advertising the acid chamber and body chutes instead of hiding them? This changes everything!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

Got to 8:25

https://youtu.be/Ep_1k-lOto8?t=505

Hey as long as we've got our METUHL BAWKSES we should be fine

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Yes, I absolutely agree

and it's also kind of sad that when one of those gets brewing, it often turns a corner in the third act so that it climaxes with a human enemy - see Event Horizon and Sunshine.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yes, I absolutely agree

and it's also kind of sad that when one of those gets brewing, it often turns a corner in the third act so that it climaxes with a human enemy - see Event Horizon and Sunshine.

Yes but also Sam Neil in event horizon is amazing.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Event Horizon is good! So is Sunshine!

I just wish they didn't do the turn in act 3.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sam neil is a proxy bad guy though

he's the human face of the chaos gods because event horizon is 100% in the wh40k universe

• Options
    I actually like Sunshine because
    It's still a human who is the evil, and not something supernatural or alien. Yeah the terrors of space are more scary, but the "twist" in Sunshine didn't ruin the film for me

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I would have rather had the antagonist in Sunshine to be "Madness" than some sort of monster.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I would have rather had the antagonist in Sunshine to be "Madness" than some sort of monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2X9SANsME

??

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i just got the amityville horror 2 remake starring the girl that played the sister re-cast as the mother and i am turgid as fucking granite to watch this train wreck

THE DVD DIDN'T WORK

GHOSTS

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

THE DVD DIDN'T WORK

GHOSTS

Son that DVD print run died in fire thirty years ago

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    The DVD’s are coming FROM the house

• Options
    wait so I'M filming all these terrible amityville sequels?

That explains a lot

• Options
    Remember the movie The Stuff? Never watched it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wait so I'M filming all these terrible amityville sequels?

That explains a lot

It's about time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List