As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    unfortunately they toned down jills absolute dump truck that she has had in previous games

Hmm.

Now I have to wait for the RE5 remake...

play rev1

she's got the whole damn bakery

I did, recently!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    God, it is feeling like fall. Chilly mornings.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Did you know that Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction was so massively successful in Germany they produced additional episodes there in 2018, unfortunately without Jonathan Frakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY

You must also see the drunk versions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uC8mRy2p9w

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It's a song about a dance, internet lady, not another song.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The Monster Mash is a dance, not a song. You "do" the Mash, you don't "play/sing" the Mash.
    It could be done to many songs, including the one written in tribute to it.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    But then you have the Time Warp, which is both at the same time!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    It's a song about a dance, internet lady, not another song.
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The Monster Mash is a dance, not a song. You "do" the Mash, you don't "play/sing" the Mash.
    It could be done to many songs, including the one written in tribute to it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Clearly the Crypt-Kicker Five are the band booked to play at this Monster Mash event, which consists of musical entertainment and dancing the Monster Mash.

E: see also known emblem of antiquated partiarchial authority Dracula expressing distaste for this newfangled Mash, with a preference for the Transylvania Twist.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Pickett co-wrote "Monster Mash" with Leonard Capizzi in May 1962. The song was a spoof on the dance crazes popular at the time, including the Twist and the Mashed Potato, which inspired the title.
    link

Bobby "Boris" Pickett, pride of Somerville, MA, would confirm my assertations were he still alive.

I would like to hear what songs were played during this monster-fronted dance-party.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Pickett co-wrote "Monster Mash" with Leonard Capizzi in May 1962. The song was a spoof on the dance crazes popular at the time, including the Twist and the Mashed Potato, which inspired the title.
    link

Bobby "Boris" Pickett, pride of Somerville, MA, would confirm my assertations were he still alive.

I would like to hear what songs were played during this monster-fronted dance-party.

Waltz for Werewolves, the Poltergeist Boo Step, and Frankenstein’s Frontal Lambadamy

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I quite enjoy Riboflavin-Flavored, Non-Carbonated, Polyunsaturated Blood

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    The Addams Family and Addams Family Values were both on last night and, goddamn, those movies are great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ByUXOjgLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Ww1crg078

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3r6mBRUXI

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Watched the Addams Family over lunch yesterday and it was the best Decision I made all day

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I learned roughly 45% of my romantic game from observing how intensely Gomez loves on Morticia

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    raul julia died far too soon

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Oh look it's my favourite comedic line reading in the history of cinema

#pipe on
  • Options
    The Adam's Family movies had great casting. Everything worked perfectly.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hey, prolific music making person 2 Mello is doing another Atmospheric Horror Music album, and here's the first track for a spooky listen.

https://youtu.be/SuNZT08Eeko

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I learned roughly 45% of my romantic game from observing how intensely Gomez loves on Morticia

The entire Adams family dynamic is great, minus the occasional attempted murder but it's all in good fun. They're super supportive parents, they all love each other and accept outsiders openly even when the outsiders think their way of life is strange. The Adams' are good people.

• Options
    I will have to track down the Adam's Family movies.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    You guys are giving me a headache

It's Addams

• Options
    I would, but I don't really have the ams to spare.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I will have to track down the Adam's Family movies.

I think they're on Netflix

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    You guys are giving me a headache

It's Addams

nah bro, it's the bearenstein bears

• Options
    I can't find any good ghost sighting videos.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I can't find any good ghost sighting videos.

can't imagine why

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Any recs for good spooky graphic novels? I've enjoyed Wytches (gone too soon) and Harrow County in the past. Early Sandman is good of course. Anything new I might not have read?

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    burbo wrote: »
    Any recs for good spooky graphic novels? I've enjoyed Wytches (gone too soon) and Harrow County in the past. Early Sandman is good of course. Anything new I might not have read?

If you can track down the collections of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, that's a pretty good one if only intermittently spooky.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Oh my god, everybody, right now, go find and watch some people playing a new game called Phasmophobia on Steam. It's the most creeped out anything has made me in a long long time when I played it.

Holy sweet Jebus yes. Got this on VR on a friends recommendations and seeing the overall review status on steam. It's basically you playing as one of those insufferable ghost detecting shows on TV.

Sounds simple, but I cannot overstate how goddamn scary this game is. I was unable to even complete the tutorial on my own where there is a "none dangerous" ghost to try and detect.

I won't spoil any of the haunting, but in the game proper I got ghosted so hard my entire skin started, what I can only describe as, fizzing. Genuinely the most spoopy scared I have been in my while life.

A+++ would scream "Oh God" 10 times in a row again.

Campy on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Immortal Hulk is hella spooky.

Terrifying if Im being honest

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    burbo wrote: »

If you can track down the collections of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, that's a pretty good one if only intermittently spooky.

I got some of the collections. Moore's Swamp Thing is some trippy stuff.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I had a dream where I was in a strip-mall parking lot and a guy with a stag's head, like a minotaur but for deer, was trying to break into a car that a girl I like was in, so I beat him to death with a rock.

on the horizon a mountain buckled and then rose, stone sliding away, a cyclopean figure standing, silhouetted by the red setting sun

edit: I woke up sweating and mid fight-or-flight so it might have been A Vision.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I had a dream two nights ago so spooky that I'm for real still not ok. First time in a decade that I've physically lashed out from a dream. I'm not doing an attention thing with this, my girlfriend was over trying to help me process and this event put a fire under my picking a therapist from the list my insurance gave me. Not looking to do a full telling of the dream, but a couple days later and you can still feel the texture of the grime built up on a vault latch, can still smell the stale dampness of the long corridor mixed with the fresh water smell from where the next hallway over corroded out and let the stream in. Can still see the thing that skittered past the far doorway, chittering in the shape of a man.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Woke up tonight fully convinced there was a guy in my room. I hadn't fully opened my eyes, but it looked like the guy had frozen and was staring at me. Wearing a black hoodie, pretty tall, right next to the door. My hazy brain reckoned it was Lady Raven coming home... but then why was she being sneaky? And she doesn't wear hoodies. Oh fuck, someone broke in. I did leave the back door unlocked. Should I get up, confront the guy? I don't got anything heavy nearby to use as a weapon. Risk another look, my vision comes into focus.

It's some pants slung over the top of the wardrobe door.

Oh brilliant