As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    eat shit and dye

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    The more I watch hotform the more he's like really clearly the most elitist streamer out there. It can be easy to miss because he's so lax about everything but then he's like "control isn't worth playing unless you know how to play every single deck in the game" and I'm like that is what control is about, yeah, knowing what your opponent can do and countering it, but that seems a little overblown.

huh, I guess it is but I wouldn't have translated that into being elitist.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    eat shit and dye
    Sorry I don't play Overwatch, I don't want pink hair.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Variable wrote: »
    The more I watch hotform the more he's like really clearly the most elitist streamer out there. It can be easy to miss because he's so lax about everything but then he's like "control isn't worth playing unless you know how to play every single deck in the game" and I'm like that is what control is about, yeah, knowing what your opponent can do and countering it, but that seems a little overblown.

huh, I guess it is but I wouldn't have translated that into being elitist.

It's mostly that he's the only streamer that subtly talks down to his viewers. Reynad might have some choice words for some of his viewers, but at least that's direct and normally born out of frustration. A lot of what Hotform says comes across like he's trying to express that you're not as good as he is without actually saying that. It is most likely true, to be fair, but you don't gotta rub it in.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Haha its only been like 2 months and i already envy your blessfull ignorance.

Getting out there and meeting your first netdecks is...a rude awakening.

Having played Magic, Netrunner, and other CCGs before, it won't be too bad thankfully. It'll just be sad until I get more cards. :)

I have to admit I saw a C'Thun druid in action thanks to Day9 and I want it. Just because its playstyle amuses me.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Mudzgut wrote: »

Having played Magic, Netrunner, and other CCGs before, it won't be too bad thankfully. It'll just be sad until I get more cards. :)

I have to admit I saw a C'Thun druid in action thanks to Day9 and I want it. Just because its playstyle amuses me.

C'thun is the usual starter deck, then, so good news for you! If you didn't know when you open your first pack of Wrath of the Old Gods you get C'thun for free, along with the 2 mana 2/3 buffer.

Edit: Also C'thun Druid is one of my favorite decks of the last few months, so I do highly recommend it! Hit rank 5 with it a bit ago.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Woo!!

Just beat a legendary card back playing dragon pali, with my shadow priest!

List? Im a stubborn priest player myself so i am interested

1 x lightwell
    1 x museum curator
    2 x resurrect
    2 x swp
    3 x injure blade master
    2 x swd
    2 x shadowform
    1 x thoughtsteal
    2 x priest of feast
    2 x shifting shade
    2 x tournament medic
    2 x excavated evil
    2 x holy nova
    2 x onyx bishop
    2 x entomb
    1 x sylvanas
    1 x alexstraza
    1 x n'zoth

It seems to play as fatigue at times. Vs aggro just survive and rez your feast priest. Vs control rezzing shades or blademasters wins the game.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    The only reason rag went out of the meta was bgh though. When he and dr boom rotated out rag got center spotlight again.

Rag is still good

wyfkvgP.jpg?1

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

C'thun is the usual starter deck, then, so good news for you! If you didn't know when you open your first pack of Wrath of the Old Gods you get C'thun for free, along with the 2 mana 2/3 buffer.

Edit: Also C'thun Druid is one of my favorite decks of the last few months, so I do highly recommend it! Hit rank 5 with it a bit ago.

what's your cthun druid deck?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    C'Thun Druid is still an entirely reasonable deck I would say. I haven't played it in a while, but it's fairly flexible. I imagine shaman is not a great matchup for it, so it may be hard to play as your rank improves and everybody's in "try hard" mode.

It's probably the best version of ramp druid right now because it has a pretty solid win condition.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Until it rotates out, astral communion druid is the best druid.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Until it rotates out, astral communion druid is the best druid.

60% of the time, it works every time.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Hunter legendary revealed.

ce8325c6-200x287.png

Certainly is interesting.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited November 2016

what's your cthun druid deck?

aight so @Mudzgut and @Casual Eddy , here's wot I got:

This is the exact decklist that I hit rank 5 with:
    xFl52ig.png?1

But since then I've updated it more towards the newer metas, which actually made it a lot cheaper because I cut out Fandral and some of weirder epics!
    Mcg0f8j.png?1

I'm thinking at the current juncture of the meta, you'll probably want 1 ooze (probably in place of Aspirant) and Harrison (in place of like, a druid of the claw or something).

Budget stuff! Vek'lor is like, super important, and will be for any C'thun decks in your future. But, if you must go without him, you could get away with Ancient of War--still not cheap--or perhaps a Bog Creeper. Something big that stops them from hitting you in the face, and also threatens to kill them if it connects to their face enough. Rag can be swapped in the same manner, for the second of either of those. If you get rid of Brann, you might want to get rid of Emperor as well (the combo of getting an emperor tick on either brann or c'thun and then doing both with an innervate can win you games vs. control); perhaps a Doomcaller to help with control, and then maybe putting the Aspirant back in or another feral rage to help deal with the early game.

Edit: Also, Nourish is one of the most important cards in this deck because you run out of cards pretty fast. You should almost always be drawing with it (it's only excusable to ramp if you have a super tasty curve following it vs. an aggro deck, and even then think about it really hard), it's your lifeblood once your initial tempo plays take the board. You could consider azure drakes, but I'm meh on them because of how non threatening they are; claw being defensive vs. aggro or being able to charge as extra burn feels a lot better, and you just make up for it by nourishing all day erry day.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    doing nothing when it hits the board at 5 mana is pretty Meh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ce8325c6-200x287.png

IF THE FACE PLAYS TAUNT

ME STILL

GO

FACE

• Options
    "what if cobra shot was a minion"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Better than Stranglethorn Tiger and Tundra Rhino imo.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    What is hunter running in the 5 slot these days? Their class 5 drops are pretty mediocre right?

Seems all right if you can reliably buff it. So good with Grimestreet I guess. Hunter doesn't much find itself in a position to hold a lot of cards.

• Options
    Mostly Tiger, sometimes Rhino. Ram Wrangler is super rare. Huhuran becomes better as we get more deathrattles; Grandmother, Rats, and Infested Wolf is a solid curve.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

What if minion was face?

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »

What if minion was face?

that's bolf

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

What if minion was face?

that's bolf

Bolf is what if face was minion.

Also knowing Hearthstone Knuckles and Bolf will have some bizzare interaction where Bolf instantly dies or something.

• Options

What if minion was face?

that's bolf

oh

then jaraxxus

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular

What if minion was face?

that's bolf

Also knowing Hearthstone Knuckles and Bolf will have some bizzare interaction where Bolf instantly dies or something.

What I expect happens is if you go face with Knuckles Bolf takes 3, If Knuckles hits Bolf than Bolf takes 6.

The wording is attack and not damage so it should not go into any Damage Loop but depends on how they coded the Bonus Face Hit I guess.

• Options
    Going to stream some games. Taking requests or just watch for fun! Link in sig.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    fun fact: if you put curator in a deck purely to pull alexstraza, alex will be in your opening hand 100% of the time

(this is still generally a good thing)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man, the games I streamed tonight were EPICALLY long (RenoRogue vs Priest and MillRogue vs RenoMage). Also had a friendly match vs @KoopahTroopah (CrusherShaman vs Rogue). Seriously, 3 games took over an hour and 20 minutes. Good times! :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've gotten Eadric to work nicely with my dragon deck. Eadric sets them up, next turn the Book Wyrms knock them down.

• Options

What if minion was face?

that's bolf

Frankly, I'll be disappointed if there isn't a hilarious damage loop.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

ce8325c6-200x287.png

That's.... interesting, yeah.

If a slower version of Midrange Hunter develops, this... MIGHT be playable?

Hm. It doesn't do anything when it hits the board, but it is also a 3/7, meaning it's hard to remove. It can trade out with enemy minions and still push face damage at the same time. Much more of a slower value card while still moving that lethal clock forward each turn. It is a beast, so it has beast synergy.

And... it has synergy with handbuffs too, let's not forget.

I don't have a solid opinion on this card yet. It's... huh. I really don't know what to think.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

ce8325c6-200x287.png

More knuckles!

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Roz wrote: »

ce8325c6-200x287.png

More knuckles!

you and i are totally on the same train of thought!

i love knuckle dusters cause they are just so gangster. hahahahah!

i don't care how useable this card is. i really, really hope i get this in a pack.

Ketherial on
  • Options
    I really want to see more Mage and Priest cards. I think those are the classes that being improved upon will help unseat Shaman.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Ketherial wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

ce8325c6-200x287.png

More knuckles!

you and i are totally on the same train of thought!

i love knuckle dusters cause they are just so gangster. hahahahah!

i don't care how useable this card is. i really, really hope i get this in a pack.

I want to equip some knuckles and then hit people with this

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Doing my daily and then an Arena run before starting DOOM! If anyone wants to watch.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Don Han'Cho

DR510D90LY1P1478972985045.gif

+2 mana on stats to give a minion in your hand +5/+5.

+10/+10 is possible as a Brann/Don turn 10 combo.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man if the meta is slow enough that you can spend turn 7 making a 5 mana no-impact play, that's gonna see play. That's a gigantic bundle of stats.

• Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Man if the meta is slow enough that you can spend turn 7 making a 5 mana no-impact play, that's gonna see play. That's a gigantic bundle of stats.

Doesn't work if you're too far behind, but play turn 7, shadow step, play turn 8 + something like argent horse rider gives a 12/11, charge, divine shield

There's some fun to be had here (I want to see a 21/21 stone tusk boar)

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    One problem I have is that it kind of works against itself. If you can afford to run it, you're probably playing a deck with a lot of spells and big dudes, and it's not adding any value when your Ysera is 9/17 before it gets polymorphed/executed/etc.