Browser bookmark/button that scrolls to end of page?

NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade UsernameRegistered User regular
I was wondering if there's a way to make a keystroke (or keyboard shortcut) into a single-click button or bookmark in my browser (Firefox). I've read a bit on bookmarklets which seem to be able to do cool things with javascript, but I haven't found a solution to this particular problem.

I would like to be able to use my mouse to quickly get to the bottom of a webpage, without having to endlessly scroll, or move my hand over to the keyboard "End" key, because I am excessively lazy. Main function for this is a really niche case where I post on some non-PA forums, and need to reach the bottom of the page to get to the text box where I can make a post.

Best/easiest solution for me would be if I have a bookmark on my toolbar that I can click once (if this is possible). Any ideas or thoughts?

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Are you using a super minimalist mouse? You could bind an unused button or the wheel click to End.

Otherwise, I think EdgeWise should do what you want?

NightDragon
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Are you using a super minimalist mouse? You could bind an unused button or the wheel click to End.

Otherwise, I think EdgeWise should do what you want?

Ooo! This may be perfect. Thank you! I'll try it out right now. I wanted something minimal and non-intrusive and this looks great.

Regarding the mouse, I'm using a 5 button mouse, but the only unused button (scrollwheel button) takes an uncomfortable amount of force to use. Because my hands are baby hands.

NightDragon on
    Edgewise seems to be interesting, but it functions by shifting the entire page to the right to allow for a space to be clickable. Still cool, but a bit intrusive for the page.

Willing to hear any other ideas if you guys have 'em!

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    click in middle mouse and drag your mouse down a bit.

or if you want to remap a mouse button to end: https://autohotkey.com/ can do that.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    edited September 2016
    Finally found it! I've created a bookmark button on my toolbar with the following javascript in replace of a URL:

javascript:window.scrollTo(0,document.documentElement.scrollHeight)

and it works like a charm. Thanks for the other replies!

NightDragon on