As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »
    I'm under doctor's orders to not eat ANY vegetables at all between now and Monday. This is shockingly difficult. It feels like a problem for this thread.

can you like..

eat pizza still?

I can, that's my plan for tomorrow, but even like: spicy chicken sandwich has tomatoes and lettuce on it, which I didn't think about. The "fuck I'm lazy" lean cuisine had peppers in the sauce I had to pick out. It's weird. I can have fruit but no fruit skins so I dunno where pineapple pizza stands on that list since the goal is as little fiber as humanly possible

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i feel like you should use this as an excuse to never not be eating steak

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    During work today I talked to students about cereal while they did some math worksheets.

I then gave them this brain-cruncher:

If you could only have 5 meals (full entrées) for the rest of your life, what would they be?

I had a student immediately shout out, "APPLE-JACKS!!!"

I'm still trying to come up with my list.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    During work today I talked to students about cereal while they did some math worksheets.

I then gave them this brain-cruncher:

If you could only have 5 meals (full entrées) for the rest of your life, what would they be?

I had a student immediately shout out, "APPLE-JACKS!!!"

I'm still trying to come up with my list.

Zonugal: Hey, what's wrong with you kids? They don't taste like apples!
    Kids: That isn't why we like 'em!
    Zonugal: Then why?
    Kids: We just do.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think my list of the only five entrées I could have for the rest of my days would be:

Lumberjack Slam
    b439537022a70d7b8246ac0c1556830c630ef320.jpg

Club Sandwich (preferably with Onion Rings)
    club-sandwich_thumb-m.jpg?mod=636106061392500000

Chow-Mein with Mandarin Shrimp
    chowmein.jpg

Supreme Pizza
    28-super-casa-Copy.jpg

Corn Tortilla Chips & Dip (Spicy Salsa, Chile Con Queso & Guacamole)
    chipsanddip.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Cleaning up a shattered wine glass from my kitchen floor and counter is sure a fun way to spend a friday night.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    I want to say I'm sad, but every time I've had them recently (last year or so) they've always tasted full of freezer burn. Like, if they're not going to give a shit about proper prep, then yeah, I'm down with taking them off the menu.

That sucks, I don't think I've ever had a single chicken nugget from any Wendy's that I would consider sub-par.
    It's specifically only the Spicy ones, though. The normal nuggets were fine.

sig.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I think my list of the only five entrées I could have for the rest of my days would be:
    Lumberjack Slam

chowmein.jpg

Supreme Pizza
    28-super-casa-Copy.jpg

chipsanddip.jpg

Those might not be my top 5, but I can see where your coming from there.

I think mine would be....

Flapjacks with real butter and Grade A Authentic Maple syrup, Bacon, eggs, sausage and home fries (Extra Crunchy)
    brinner_3221291b.jpg

The Reggie Deluxe from Pine State Biscuits
    pine-state-reggie.jpg

Sweet Potato Enchiladas with some new mexico green chile salsa
    black-bean-sweet-potato-enchiladas-6.jpg

Smoked Tri-tip with sweet potato, green beans, roasted red potato with a blueberry cheesecake (Fuck it, this meal deserves a dessert)
    Smoked-Tri-Tip-II.jpg

For my finale I have to go with a time honored classic, which is Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings. Smoked Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, home made biscuits, green beans, sweet potatoes, REAL cranberry, carrots, corn, gravy and a tall glass of milk.
    RS8283_450807555-scr.jpg

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Five meals, eh?

Patty melt, jalfrezi, carne asada burrito (onions and cilantro), jambalaya, and fettuccine alfredo.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Giordano's Deep Dish with Pepperonis and Sausage

Magic Noodle House in Chandler's Pan Fried Dumplings

Thanksgiving Dinner, at least Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Sausage Stuffing

Ribeye Steak, preferable at Gordon Ramsey's Steak in Las Vegas

Yaki Udon with Shrimp that I make sometimes.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    General Tso's Chicken over rice
    Carnitas chimichanga con verde with refried beans and Mexican rice sides
    Blackened swordfish steak with steamed broccoli and baked potato
    Tofu and shrimp pad thai
    Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce

I feel like I've got everything covered except red meat, which you could live without anyway. Putting this list together made me real sad I haven't had swordfish in like 9 years.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wor Wonton Soup (drink, veggies, and meats in one!)

Orange Chicken (Panda Express because it has to be them)

Chicken-fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (the all-purpose)

Eggs Benedict (get you some breakfast)

Club Sandwich (jack of all trades and very customizable)

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mac & Cheese, Mac & Cheese, Mac & Cheese, Mac & Cheese, and, uh, tacos.

• Options
    Mac & Cheese tacos?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Breakfast scramble - eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon
    Pizza - half BBQ chicken, half pepperoni, olives, mushrooms
    Nachos - carne asada, sour cream, guacamole, etc etc (no cilantro)
    Jambalaya - loaded with shrimp, chicken, and andouille
    Lasagna - ground beef and sausage, light or no ricotta and parmesan

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Breakfast scramble - eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon
    Pizza - half BBQ chicken, half pepperoni, olives, mushrooms
    Nachos - carne asada, sour cream, guacamole, etc etc (no cilantro)
    Jambalaya - loaded with shrimp, chicken, and andouille
    Lasagna - ground beef and sausage, light or no ricotta and parmesan

Holyshit I forgot about lasagna.

Yeah, full on turbocharged lasagna bolognese, recipes from Serious Eats. That could easily fit in there.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I think I'd give you a different list every day if you asked me this question repeatedly, but here's tonight's list:

Full English breakfast (Eggs over easy, black and white sausages, bacon, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, baked beans, rye toast.)

Pizza from Gelsosomo's in Michigan City/La Porte, IN topped with pepperoni, sausage, black olives, and mushrooms.

A gyro with a side of French fries and tomato & cucumber salad.

The Jalisco Special from El Bracero in Michigan City, IN. (Grilled shrimp, chicken, carne asada, onions, tomatoes, and peppers mixed with spices and a thin white cheese sauce, served over Mexican rice).

The "sticky chicken" my mom used to make when I was a kid, with a side of her bacon and Parmesan cheese Brussels sprouts and steamed sweet corn.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Mac & Cheese tacos?

Dare I dream?

How about a shell made of deep fried mac and cheese with taco fillings on the inside oh woops I just had a heart attack thinking of it

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

Lumberjack Slam

chowmein.jpg

Supreme Pizza
    28-super-casa-Copy.jpg

chipsanddip.jpg

That's a solid Fuckin list

Not sure how your pooping situation is going to be on that diet though.

Get some beans in that breakfast like meal.

Your anus will thank you

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Mac & Cheese tacos?

Dare I dream?

How about a shell made of deep fried mac and cheese with taco fillings on the inside oh woops I just had a heart attack thinking of it

But what a way to go! The grilled cheese sandwich I had a couple weeks ago had two patties of beer battered mac & cheese. It was heaven. I would say regular tortilla, beer battered Mac (instead of cod), chorizo, some grilled bell peppers and onion. I think that would be pretty damn good.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Spaghetti with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese
    Never ending alaskan snow crab legs with drawn butter, green beans, and hush puppies
    chicken and peas and dumplings (the noodle kind not the biscuit kind)
    Tuna noodle casserole
    Romaine lettuce salad with all the fixings, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, shredded carrots, black olives, capers, croutons, chopped dates, sunflower seeds, and balsamic dressing

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    • Good double cheese burger (lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions, ketchup, mayo) with onion rings / brownie and hot fudge sundae
    • beef lasagna with a good herby ricotta cheese layer with garlic bread and a greek salad / cold milk and warm cookies
    • Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins, only sub out the turkey for roast chicken / still-warm cherry pie (shortcrust) with vanilla ice cream
    • Nachos with spicy ground beef, beans, guac, fresh tomatoes, sour cream / tres leches cake with berries and cream
    • Homestyle Temakizushi with tuna salad, fresh salmon, ebi fry and marinated beef, light miso soup, tempura, edamame / My dad's lemon cheesecake.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Full Scottish breakfast (basically a Full English with haggis)

Keema pizza with lime pickle

Shepherds pie with beetroot and pickled onions

Chicken doner meat and chips in a pita bread with garlic mayo

Roast lamb with all the trimmings

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Agreed - this would probably change depending on when you ask me
    • Pizza with smoked mozz and red onion
    • Cold soba tanuki with katsudon from Fukada in Irvine
    • Thai red curry - no specific one, just fucking love red curry
    • Railway lamb curry w/ garlic naan, poppadoms, and rice from Dabbawal in Newcastle
    • Al pastor tacos from some taco truck in LA

*edit

Aww man, I forgot ramen - how the hell am I going to fit that on there?

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    - steak, egg, and cheese on an amoroso roll with extra new york style deli sliced american cheese

- lamb and beef gyro with feta cheese and a side of dolmades

- post honey graham oh's in unsweetened almond milk, eggs over easy, and pumpernickel toast

- rare t-bone steak with butter sauteed mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes, and grilled asparagus

- rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, and sweet corn

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Five Guys double cheeseburger and fries

sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice

chicken bacon ranch wrap with tater tots

Papa Murphy's Cowboy pizza

Baldy's pulled pork smothered fries

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I got my undergrad degree in Texas, and every week I would get a coupon mailer that included a sheet of Weinerschnitzel coupons. Every Thursday, I would go to the laundromat and the grocery store and then go to Weinerschnitzel to redeem my coupon for the Chili Cheese Dog+Chili Cheese Burger+Chili Cheese Fry combo for $3.33. They had the best fast food chili I have ever tasted, and I called it Fuck You Corporeal Form Thursdays. It was a deeply satisfying meal, especially since I knew I couldn't have it every day.

Anyway, I went to Braum's for lunch today, and noticed that they had chili on the menu. In an attempt to revisit my glory days, I got a burger and fries with a side of chili, and then came home and transformed it into a chili cheese burger with chili cheese fries.

Reader, I think I am going to die. This is the worst chili I have ever had. It is somehow simultaneously tasteless and too spicy. It's like they invented a sauce made of 90% modeling clay, 10% the cheapest ketchup they could find, and an entire can of mace. I hate everything, and God is dead. I want to vomit, but my resolve quails at the idea of having to taste that horrid slop again. Someone please send help. Or a reliable assassin.

This is God's way of telling you to spend a little money on some decent meat, make a whole fucking lot of chilli, and freeze portions of it.

• Options
    I accidentally sent my chili makin' pot to Houston with my wife! I intend to trade her some house plants for it when I go to visit her next week, but at the moment I'm in pretty dire straits.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Everything about that is extremely confusing

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Kalbi, rice and spicy garlic chicken from Side Street Inn in Honolulu
    Thin crust pizza with toppings TBD
    Pot stickers, three chili chicken and Szechuan string beans
    Italian beef sandwich, double dipped in the gravy, with hot peppers, and a tamale (with a grape soda if this is coming from Johnnie's, as it should be)
    Belgian waffle, 2 eggs, bacon and hash browns

• Options
    edited February 2017
    V1m wrote: »
    Everything about that is extremely confusing

My wife got a very good job in Houston last month, but it's the kind of thing where we don't know if she'll still be in Houston in six months, or whether she'll be reassigned to Odessa or Alaska or North Dakota or whether she'll come back to Oklahoma. Meanwhile, I've got a less profitable but extremely stable job here in OKC, so I'm not making a move until we know where her permanent post is going to be.

We sold our house and I moved into an apartment closer to work. Everything she took with her got boxed up by fancy corporate movers, and everything I took with me we had to just toss into a U-Haul during one day off before the movers arrived. So since we didn't trust the movers with our plants, I ended up with a house's worth of plants in a one-bedroom apartment, and I forgot to bring along my deep saucepan. I'm super good on shallow frying pans, but nothing I'd trust chili in. And you can't do chili in cast iron, because the acid in the tomatoes fucks up the seasoning.

So when I go visit her for the first time in the next week or two, I'm going to take along most of the house plants and use them to ransom my saucepan, since she doesn't do much cooking that calls for such an implement.

I don't know what's so hard to understand here. It's all perfectly straightforward and not a nightmare clusterfuck at all.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I had been avoiding it, because I usualy just have terrible luck with Calamari, but finally tried the one from work ( Boston Pizza) and holy shit, they might do the best Calamari I've ever had?

They fry it with banana pepper rings and holy shit it's genius and SO tasty.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The difference between good calamari and bad calamari is more stark than the difference between good sex and bad sex. Because at least with bad sex, you're having sex, but with bad calamari, you're eating deep fried rubberbands.

• Options
    Absolutely. I can safely say that I haven't had good calamari in over a decade, and it's not because I don't try the calamari at every Italian place I find in Oklahoma and Texas.

Hang on, weird Italian place in Australia. I'll be back again some day.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Boston Pizza
    the best Calamari I've ever had

Honestly I wouldn't have seen that coming.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    Boston Pizza
    the best Calamari I've ever had

Honestly I wouldn't have seen that coming.

Ya beats out the White Moose Lodge, which was a super duper fancy restaurant where the last good calamari I had was. The Banana Pepper addition is huge tho, both in the taste it adds to the batter and seems to help negate the rubbery of the calamari, it's got such a nice texture.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hmmm... 5 meals to last a lifetime.

Grisanti's lasagna, with french onion soup and garlic bread.
    A good cheese steak sandwich, side of fries.
    Eggs Benedict. Cause breakfast is the most important meal of the day, regardless of when you eat it.
    A good steak with a caesar salad and a loaded baked potato. Done medium, maybe some hot rolls to go with it.
    Waffles. Nice, deep pocketed belgian waffles. Lots of butter, real maple syrup and some sausage.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    5 meals?

lasagna
    steak dinner
    fish and chips
    curry
    chili combination from my local Chinese takeout.

• Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    Soylent, custard donuts, cheesecake, dicks, and balls

xcomsig.png
This discussion has been closed.