As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pump[Chat] Beer

19495969798100»

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    If I were a sentient sweet potato, my first thought would be "I think, therefore yam."

>:I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    man this is some whacky shit

so paladins came out, and people are like "holy shit they ripped off overwatch like whoa" and now paladin's devs are like "no way, blizzard ripped us off!" and posts a lot of characters from their old game global agenda that are really similar to overwatch characters

so blizzard ripped off high rez studios who ripped off blizzard

is the circle complete yet?

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that blizzard would take something someone else was doing, put some pretty on it and then sell it for all the money

Well, who knows how long Titan has been around and whether designs came during or after that and so on.

Alternative post:
    They just bitter Blizzard did it better.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I have a deck and a porch now.

Fear me.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wine update: Wine is very easy to drink quickly.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I have a deck and a porch now.

Fear me.

already did.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

so paladins came out, and people are like "holy shit they ripped off overwatch like whoa" and now paladin's devs are like "no way, blizzard ripped us off!" and posts a lot of characters from their old game global agenda that are really similar to overwatch characters

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that blizzard would take something someone else was doing, put some pretty on it and then sell it for all the money

Well, who knows how long Titan has been around and whether designs came during or after that and so on.

Alternative post:

Alternate alternate theory: There are only so many designs you can put forth in a class based shooter, given even Overwatch had to consciously choose to not be like TF2 and still wound up like TF2 in some ways (Junkrat v. Demoman is the closest "yeah these are surface level identical" example).

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

yesterday, in the metro, a cute couple were drinking from a bottle of white wine..........

thas illegal, i wanted to say.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It is amazing how Overwatch totally eclipsed Battleborn. They did it to the point where I had to look up the name to write this.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It is amazing how Overwatch totally eclipsed Battleborn. They did it to the point where I had to look up the name to write this.

I played some Battleborn. It's similar but honestly a fairly different and nowhere near as fun game.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

I mean, they intentionally timed their open beta free weekend to destroy Battleborn's release. Blizzard doesn't fuck around.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Alternative post:

Alternate alternate theory: There are only so many designs you can put forth in a class based shooter, given even Overwatch had to consciously choose to not be like TF2 and still wound up like TF2 in some ways (Junkrat v. Demoman is the closest "yeah these are surface level identical" example).

UMMMM, BUT BOMBRAT DOESN'T HAVE A SWORD?!?!?!???

• Options
    I SHOULD TRIM MY BEAR D.

and also my facial hair.

• Options
    Junkrat and Demoman have similar playstyles. That's to be expected. But one's a Scotsman cyclops whose eye socket is haunted while the other is a survivor of the nuclear wasteland Australian outback.

Meanwhile Paladins has a dwarf that shoots magma while Overwatch has literally that already for some time now.

• Options

yesterday, in the metro, a cute couple were drinking from a bottle of white wine..........

thas illegal, i wanted to say.

There is a cute couple enjoying this wine too. Me and my liver.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    21stCentury why haven't we drunk wine on the metro?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    due to a miscommunication I'm eating a gyro that has only meat and tzatziki sauce. but it's a looooooooot of gyro meat. which is pretty much the best tasting meat there is

plus a soft, warm pita

hurray

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    due to a miscommunication I'm eating a gyro that has only meat and tzatziki sauce. but it's a looooooooot of gyro meat. which is pretty much the best tasting meat there is

plus a soft, warm pita

hurray

Will this miscommunication be repeated

sig.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    21st, don't trim your beard

the world will either learn to embrace your beard

or die by its hand

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    the infuriating thing is that there's an additional run of cable already laid out... but it's coax for the antenna, back when there was an analog tv signal to receive.

@Ronya the solution is not to fax anything anymore.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    21stCentury why haven't we drunk wine on the metro?

Because i'm a teetotaler and you live in the eastern united states?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 3

@Quid will create the new thread
    @override367 is backup

This discussion has been closed.