As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, hope my Santee got their stuff, says it was delivered to the front porch when it's a P.O. Box.....
    :-\

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to worry that the postal company has used my santee's gift for soccer practice, firewood, or both. Tracking shows it going into the system a couple weeks ago, and since then, nada. Hoping that it's just delayed due to the holidays, but... :x

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

December was a month of much procrastination on my part but finally I opened my gift.
    Clubs2016_zpsujwtdhes.jpg

@Radiation , you have no idea how long I've been jonesing for a nice bit of nonfiction to sink my teeth into. I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes view on history and The Presidents Club looks like just the book to tide me over during these cold winter months. Thank you very much, you are one awesome Santa!

@Kirindal Not sure if you got the PM as well, but there should've been a board game and a tasty treat as well. Also I do hope you find this interesting. I know a lot of things focus on the men in the office, but I thought the relationships between the men that shared the office quite interesting.

PSN: jfrofl
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Found a rouge box! My husband thought it was a pair of shoes I ordered so he put it in my closet. I'm gonna hold off on opening it until the last item shows up so I can post it all, it's like the holidays haven't ended!!!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey, Santa! I got your proxy notes, but nothing has arrived just yet. I'll post when something arrives!

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Proxy passed on a tracking number for a package delivered on 12/30. Unfortunately the UPS mailbox doesn't notify you of deliveries so I didn't know it was there. We are trying to get he package today (well my husband is, I'm a 30 minutes commute away and there are winter storm warnings for the next day or so).

Edit: Package retrieved. I won't be home until at least 7pm MST. Waaaaaaiting.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I swear, sometimes it feels like United Parcel Shaaaaa... If We Feel Like It. Though FedEx is worse.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Bonus GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif...

@Radiation packed my stocking with some more sweet, sweet loot that I misattributed to another Secret Santa. Now to properly unveil the extra gifts with the help of Bobiel the Christmas Bobcat.
    Tokaido_zpstis43les.jpg

Looks like I'll be taking a trip on the road and cracking open the Presidents Club while I relax at the hot springs.

Terry%20Dark_zps1cqghdzu.jpg

I had to wrestle this most Christmassy present of presents from Bobiel. He apparently is a British bobcat, who knew?

Thank you again, @Radiation for these marvelous treats. I plan to get a lot of mileage out of Tokaido and hopefully Bobiel's left me a few dark chocolate orange wedges for me...

Kirindal on
    edited January 2017
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I will do a proper Gift Get post this weekend, but I want to let Santa know I got the gifts aND I love them. Thank you @thejaxx !

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Dear Santa,

I should have posted a note to you sooner, because no less than a couple of hours after posting that, a wild box appeared!

I was told to expect two, however, so ... should I wait to open this one?

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I swear, sometimes it feels like United Parcel Shaaaaa... If We Feel Like It. Though FedEx is worse.

The coup de gras is FedEx handing off local delivery to the USPS. Don't expect to see your package ever again.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    @MagicPrime look what your kindness has wrought!

ieh0ocr1k95u.jpg

She loves her blocks, although I have wisely only allowed her access to one bag thus far.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DysprosiusDysprosius Eclectic Registered User regular
    I love this so much.

"History is Written by the Victors"
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    @cooljammer00, I have started watching Frisky Dingo and it really is fantastic, thank you for sending it! I've watched almost the whole first season in the past day.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    @cooljammer00, I have started watching Frisky Dingo and it really is fantastic, thank you for sending it! I've watched almost the whole first season in the past day.

Oh it's the best!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, by gifting you Frisky Dingo, I've also gifted you the knowledge that we aren't getting any more Frisky Dingo ever.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, by gifting you Frisky Dingo, I've also gifted you the knowledge that we aren't getting any more Frisky Dingo ever.

We'll never know what happened to Cody 3 :(

I'm also a massive fan of Sealab 2021, so if you are still wanting that style of humor, hit the first few seasons of that up.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    There's also the doomed Xtacles pilot episodes if you want a quick shot of more of those idiots and Mr. Ford.

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    @initiatefailure hit me again with two more awesome gifts. You seriously went above and beyond, so generous of you.
    First is a new baking book. He saw it on my amazon wishlist and I'm psyched to dig into it.
    IMG_20170105_202438_zpsposwmhqm.jpg
    Second is another comic, The Sandman Overture. I own all of the original Sandman so excited to see how this turns out.
    IMG_20170105_202446_zpszynb9qgb.jpg

Those two gifts plus Ody-C and a $20 eshop card I used on Child of Light round out my secret santa for this year. At least I'm pretty sure they do. Thanks so much!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    i actually just got a text that the out of stock one shipped. So one more thing.

Also I got another present from Santa @lwt1973 but I haven't been home to upload a photo. It is a copy of Until Dawn for the PS4 that Santa had already sent. I'm excited to get into that when the gf isn't around because she can't deal with horror

Ninja edit not sure if imgur app gave me the photo or a link to the photo but evidence!

https://i.imgur.com/USpRe2r.jpg

initiatefailure on
    Mechanical wrote: »
    There's also the doomed Xtacles pilot episodes if you want a quick shot of more of those idiots and Mr. Ford.

Yeah, the XTacles pilot has one shot at the start that maybe gives an idea of where Frisky Dingo would have gone, but then became its own thing. And then of course, Adult Swim 'joked' that fans could choose between a third season of FD or a full season of XTacles. Turns out neither was something that could happen.

And then a guy suspiciously similar to Mr Ford shows up on Archer a bunch

steam_sig.png

i actually just got a text that the out of stock one shipped. So one more thing.

Also I got another present from Santa @lwt1973 but I haven't been home to upload a photo. It is a copy of Until Dawn for the PS4 that Santa had already sent. I'm excited to get into that when the gf isn't around because she can't deal with horror

There's one more thing? Geez dude thanks so much. That's seriously generous of you.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    @ClannMorgan, I used my spiffy new waffle-maker for the first time last night. I stuck to waffles to start, using a recipe for Belgian Waffles I found online. The waffles were phenomenal and I'm loving this waffle iron. They cooked to perfection! Next up, some weird korean pancake thing that caught my eye in the recipe book. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    Okay so after being a slacker and the holidays over I am going to post what my amazing Santa got me:
    First thing I got was:
    Part 1 of ?. There is a lot I have personally enjoyed in this bundle, and I hope you enjoy these too. I am crappy with trying to send these but what came in this Bundle were a bunch of awesome games:
    Volume, TIS-100, Legend of Grimrock 2, Infinifactory, The Secret World, Dungeons 2 and Grim Dawn. I have been playing some Grim Dawn with a friend and cannot wait to play the rest.

The next item was a physical item that came in the mail:
    b2oju23s2qor.jpg

So Tasty and the book is great!

So I was checking my email a few days later and what do I find?!?!?! WOAH I LOVE AMAZON!!! 3 of 4 wait there is more?

p4g94brazfta.png

4 of 4 was just as cool as the rest. I cannot wait to play this. Ton of cool games to play.
    pvfg4lmzjjy5.png

And that wrapped up my gifts. Thank you so much. The gifts were super thoughtful. I cannot stop eating the treats and reading the book. This was a great holiday season. I hope you have a great 2017.

PS if you still play The Secret World let me know :):)

Thank you again.
    Ness

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
    Got the last(?) gift from @initiatefailure today. This time it was Paper Girls another interesting looking graphic novel. Thanks so much for the three new books!

@Kirindal

Second box received, opened, and loved. Real "Gift Get!" Post coming later!

Thank you!

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Santa, I'm sure that at some point the mounties will release the package you sent me and it'll get to me. Till then, we play the waiting game.
    I'm tired of the waiting game. Anyone want to play hungry, hungry, hippos?

I have pictures taken for the official gif-get. Tonight when I get home from work I'll be posting.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    edited January 2017
    Gift Get!

I would normally have the dogs pose with gifts but ...
    So on to the fun!

Games!
    Books!
    Everything!
    And a note too!
    Thank you again @thejaxx , sorry it took so long for pictures!

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    Glad you liked!

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Hey! I check my e-mail upon getting home from work and look what showed up!

FLP22lr.png

Tryanny! This game looks awesome. I'm a big fan of RPGs and had a blast playing BG back in the day, so I am excited to give this a whirl. I am installing it now. Thanks, Santa!

I don't think my Santa ever claimed credit for sending me this awesome gift. I'm only 8 or so hours in, but I'm having a blast. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Mass Effect, and that's saying a lot!

Quoting again to make sure my Santa had not missed my thanks, since he has yet to reveal himself. Santa, if you are out there thank you!

edited January 2017
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Aboard the HMS Elvenshae
    vscie667rbqm.png

My dearest Martha,

We were much surprised to speak the HMS @Kirindal after rounding the Cape, we having taken advantage of the following winds to make a rounding as easy as kiss-my-hand and that fair ship having the winds against. It being the custom in these waters at this time of year, we laid our vessels each alongside the other, hove to, and gave all hands a chance for merriment.

Near the end of the evening, the Kirindal's captain asked if we might do him a favor. He had in Malacca encountered a merchant ship, damaged by a storm, whose captain had asked him to carry home some high-value cargoes. Though he had agreed at the time, orders he received in a later port prevented him from discharging his promises - this much aggrieved him, he being an honorable sort, but the exigencies of the service, et cetera - and he would count it a personal favor were we to act as his agents in this issue. He being so polite about the imposition, and so obviously distraught, we had no real choice but to acquiesce to his request.

In moments, despite the ongoing frivolity, a crane was rigged and two pens were transferred across the narrow band of water separating our ships. The strange animals within them were met with much approbation, and the ship's boys took to them immediately.
    rb3ckmim3453.jpg75w7bm8ksz6b.jpg

aary4329y9kb.jpgmj14hqs1timx.jpg

ak4wb0b5jyz1.jpgx9m2kyicbvz7.jpg

86sjzv9bmz4y.jpgvbhwixyivslq.jpg

The love them. It took a bit to determine who was going to get which one, but they finally settled it out. :D

In the morning, before our ships parted ways, we exchanged notes on soundings, good enclosed bays in which to weather storms, and other items of great use to mariners.
    a7i5m9bs86vq.jpg

Oh, man - this book is going to be so good. It's the memoirs of a Harvard boy who enlists as a common sailor for two years, making the journey from Boston to California via Cape Horn and back. A long, long time ago I watched the movie; I don't think I ever knew it was book first, and such an important one at that!

We then bid the Kirindal a fond adieu, and continued on our journey. It was only some days later that we realized the captain had left another package for us, secreted in the supplies he provided for the animals we had agreed to transport. Although, as gentlemen, we had given our word to transport the creatures with no need for payment, the package looked fit to help while away the many nights at sea we had ahead of us. A few packages of cards would always be welcome, and the books seemed just the thing to assist in the education of the midshipmen. Also included were the notes of a renowned naturalist who had made a study of several of the islands to which we were sailing.

The cards proved useful almost immediately, with the first mate winning several hands in a row, to the great amusement of all parties.
    mmhmtl85ob6l.jpg

09w5d6pwz4kx.jpgmgrtpg9l6y7r.jpg

My wife completely dominating me in 7 Wonders, which is a *fantastic* card game. I won the second - holding her to just 28 points by completely starving her of resource-generating buildings - but she roared back in the third to take another win, almost by military domination. Funnily enough, in the three games we've played, I scored 60, 61, and 60 points. Apparently, I'm good for about a D+.

ngls62b5yn65.jpg

Missing from the above picture, because it was hiding in the box and I didn't know it was there until I was reading the gift receipts!

b14vfe5q4w5k.jpg

Yeah, she won that one, too, with some kinda BS Blob Fleet aggro thing where she dropped a Blob base on, like, turn 3 that I could never get the 5 damage out at one time to destroy, and then she just cycled all her blob cards every turn for MASSIVE DAMAGE. I had MechWorld! out at one point, hoping to stem the bleeding, but then she played the Blob card that lets her just destroy a base of her choice and WHELP! :D

And now the bumboat is threatening to pull away, so I must quickly close this letter so that it might reach you as soon as it may.

I remain,

Your devoted servant, et c. et c.

Elvenshae

Thank you so much, Kirindal! We love our presents, and my wife is still bugging me to play 7 Wonders every evening after the little ones are in bed. Eventually, I'm going to learn to stop ceding 5-10 points in combat, and then maybe I'll win a couple games.

Age of Sail is an old love of mine (maybe you noticed the Steam avatar and my continued disappointment in the lack of existence of a good sailing game post-Sid Meier's Pirates!?), and I love reading histories (the last one I read was The Steel Bonnets, about the English / Scottish marches pre-unification; highly recommended!) but the one before that was A General History of the Pyrates, so more in that vein is definitely welcome!

The only issue with the Star Wars ABC book is I need to skip a couple of pages, because SPOILERS! My eldest will probably get to watch them this year, though, so soon I'll be able to read L and V. :D

What's the story on the Desert Contest one? It looks fun! :)

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

BONUS FOOTAGE:
    My oldest son working on his Solid Snake impression:

ox6c5lu3s4ht.jpg
    s2hdfkly0iuj.jpg

Big baby smiles! (Which, translated into 18-month-old, means "Show us your teeth!" I guess?
    xhwjrw2nebrh.jpg
    nhgv97w7m2is.jpg

Elvenshae on
    Is there something I should do to get my stuff on the gift wall other than PMing Hypatia with links to my posts?

I don't think PMs are necessary. They get to them when they get to them

steam_sig.png

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Santee, your gift should arrive Monday!

YL9WnCY.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    shadowane wrote: »
    Is there something I should do to get my stuff on the gift wall other than PMing Hypatia with links to my posts?

Oh shit, part of that is on me and I spaced the past...week? Sorry @Hypatia
    I'll work on a few pages tonight.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
    Santee, your gift arrived yesterday, apparently!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Okay, an unknown Amazon package with my name on it arrived at my mother's place, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Partly because I'm not sure if it's my Santa's gift, and if it is, I don't know how it got there instead of where I currently live. I checked the info I sent to Hypatia, and my current address is on it. I checked Amazon, and while they have my mother's place as a sending address, they still have my current address as the main sending one.

The other problem is if it's Santa, then an actual GIFT GET post will have to wait at least a week, so I can either get some kind of transportation to get the package myself or have it be redirected home by mail. It's frustrating as hell.

That was mine, I guess I forgot to leave a note.

Uh...that's the address I was given to send it to.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    That was mine, I guess I forgot to leave a note.

Uh...that's the address I was given to send it to.

Then Amazon got confused, screwed up and switched addresses, no fault on your end. I'll try to get the package home as fast as I can.

UPDATE: Nevermind, that wasn't your gift after all. A cousin just late gifted me the first two volumes of Saga, and since he doesn't know my actual address, he sent them to my mother. Sorry for the confusion!

Chances are, your gift is still inbound for Monday.

Dac Vin on