As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    I got home and my sister in law is all 'you got a huge box' and I was very confused!
    So I went and checked it out.
    q98im1Vl.jpg
    Santa apologizes? There's no need! I have a rad torch! I've made so many smores it's nuts.

Oh man! I had forgotten this thing existed!
    UyyVVScl.jpg
    I love growing my own little plants and I also love tiny animals!

We used to have a big fish tank but none of the kids were old enough or interested enough to help out, so it eventually went away.
    When I opened it up my 4 year old immediately went nuts and said we had to go get 'a little fella' to swim in the tank.
    So yeah we went over to petsmart aaaaaand hey everybody meet Sebastian

QpEfP7vl.jpg

Thanks so much santa! I don't know who you are but I (and the rest of the family) really enjoy all of the rad things!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

A humble package was waiting for me on my doorstep last night. Herein ye may find the chronicles of what treasures awaited...
    I don't know why my phone's taking such fuzzy images, but that's a puzzle for a different time.
    Were I not wracked by disease, I would have pithier captions for these. My apologies. Here's a box!
    IMG_20161221_220700_zpsipfwv46m.jpg

A bag!
    IMG_20161221_220900_zpsjvykjmey.jpg

Scratch that -- three bags!
    IMG_20161221_220937_zpscj0tswu3.jpg

Chosen entirely at random...
    Present one!
    IMG_20161221_221032_zpsmgxytzgr.jpg
    IMG_20161221_221147_zpszngydo5z.jpg

Tuh-hoo!
    IMG_20161221_221215_zpslv9qbzzm.jpg
    IMG_20161221_221256_zpsxxytnz3d.jpg

Thrrrree!
    IMG_20161221_221328_zps2oqbtz63.jpg
    IMG_20161221_221506_zpslbh0s1tv.jpg

Luckily, I opened them in the exactly correct order, because I didn't discover my Santa's name until the last one. Thanks, @DiannaoChong!
    I have to confess that I've been reading your name wrong all these years; I thought it was "Diana O'Chong" in some kind of Irish/Chinese mashup.

Here's the whole shebang:
    IMG_20161221_221533_zpsa3kgmjy7.jpg

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Second package has dropped and uh...yeah, this is pretty dang awesome.

Box and paper!
    ac9yaepcbrmj.jpg

Card!
    seassvhmuc9w.jpg

A box, inside another box?! What sorcery is this?
    l2e5qbbpoeca.jpg

These are awesome, I love it!
    bpdpp407k3tm.jpg
    5urvf6sk6j4b.jpg
    4gmvqtpl0sz6.jpg

@ihaveachair - These are really, really cool. Thanks a ton!

Oh man, those are awesome. I kinda want a pair.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Gifted again through Steam by my Santa, @DyasAlure
    inbfkhqvhxtb.png

A steamy new copy of Portal 2. Because sometimes, when Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, other times you build some kind of incendiary lemon launcher and go burn down Life's house.

The message that came with the game was
    Dear Hey,

How do you have this?

Ker Blam,
    Me, [[email protected]]
    I'm not sure if there was a missing word there (asking "How do you not have this?"), or if Dyas was asking what version I had while sending me a copy on Steam.
    I played it on the 360, but it was on my brothers 360, which he took with him when he moved. I've since bought a 360, but haven't gotten back into it much.

see317 on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Gifted again through Steam by my Santa, @DyasAlure
    inbfkhqvhxtb.png

A steamy new copy of Portal 2. Because sometimes, when Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, other times you build some kind of incendiary lemon launcher and go burn down Life's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6iTwVIiMM

This talk about lemons has reminded me that I need to buy sour cream so I can properly finish my lemon cheesecake for Christmas.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

A wild loot crate appears! Wait... how many of these are there?

Let's look inside!
    cb1r7b1kgo71.jpg

It's stuff! But, huh. There's an empty spot, and I feel like I'm being watched.
    ouir1lo0xuuc.jpg
    Get down from there this instant!

I'm... not sure I can wear this shirt at work. Or, like, in public. Apparently it's a Mr. Robot thing? A friend keeps telling me I need to watch that. Moving on!
    fdffvi404hdh.jpg

The pin and patch are both extremely rad.
    zzbq2p04ida8.jpg

It's a coffee table book of Star Wars / Batman / Etc action figure photos. ART, I say! Flipped through with family; entertainment was had.
    0b30y2armhmi.jpg

Weird shirt aside, there's some pretty snazzy stuff here. Thank you, @kendrik!

2.jpg 163.8K
    3.jpg 79.9K
    4.jpg 157K
    5.jpg 115.6K
    6.jpg 171.6K
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    I got home and my sister in law is all 'you got a huge box' and I was very confused!
    So I went and checked it out.
    q98im1Vl.jpg
    Santa apologizes? There's no need! I have a rad torch! I've made so many smores it's nuts.

Oh man! I had forgotten this thing existed!
    UyyVVScl.jpg
    I love growing my own little plants and I also love tiny animals!

We used to have a big fish tank but none of the kids were old enough or interested enough to help out, so it eventually went away.
    When I opened it up my 4 year old immediately went nuts and said we had to go get 'a little fella' to swim in the tank.
    So yeah we went over to petsmart aaaaaand hey everybody meet Sebastian

QpEfP7vl.jpg
    Thanks so much santa! I don't know who you are but I (and the rest of the family) really enjoy all of the rad things!

This is a really cool idea, and it's great that your kids are excited for fish (fish are awesome~). I'm still gonna pipe in and be "that guy" because the whole "betta + plants" thing has been around for a really long time and is one of these urban pet myths that stuck. I figure you've owned fish before and probably know that, but just wanted to note for anyone else who sees the setup and gets curious, those tanks still need regular maintenance and absolutely are not "set it and forget it!" kinda deals. Just know that beforehand if you plan on picking one up for yourself or someone else. <3

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Round 2. FIGHT!

New box from Amazonia land that brought gifts from the distant and fearful place of DEATH MOUNTAIN.

Do you want to check it out, mighty attack dog Gypsy?
    gypsy.jpg

Too busy with a rawhide, I see.

The running gag at my house is that I want Slave I for a gift from my kids. The other running gag is that I never get it.

But behold it is:
    slave1.jpg

My long nightmare is over! I shall never be in want of...
    slave2.jpg

Well then. Onto the next gift. Of course from Death Mountain will come something from the brain of a twisted individual whose name is emblazoned upon this very site.
    widowswalk.jpg

I've been looking at getting that for some time and thank you, O Secret Santa, for getting me it. My gaming group has played Betrayal for some time and this will really breathe new life into the game. But who was the one who sent these gifts?
    widowswalk2.jpg

@darunia106 , thanks again for everything! Great gifts that will be enjoyed for a long long time.

Edited to add:
    I couldn't find my picture of it which is why I didn't post it at first. He also generously gave me a $20 gift card to the Nintendo eShop. So many games to choose from.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    This thread is such a wonderful pick-me-up when in a bad mood :heartbeat:

Big Classy wrote: »
    This thread is such a wonderful pick-me-up when in a bad mood :heartbeat:

If you get the chance, read through the Secret Saints thread from SE++ (I don't know if it made the transfer to The Upside Down or not).
    We have amazingly generous people on this forum.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Hark, a package arrived this morning!
    5okhc5rmy4g5.jpg

I wasn't expecting anything and didn't recognize the name, which could mean only one thing...SECRET SANTA!
    I had some helping hands as I opened up the box to inspect the contents.
    5o7zlw23tz0p.jpg

First up I am greeted with some Kinder (yes!) Bueno (what?). I haven't had these before, but I am very happy to try them soon since they have hazelnut in them! And I'm sure my wife won't be too sad to taste them either...
    Beneath is the Pillars of Eternity: Lords of the Eastern Reach card game. Computer game + board game! I haven't played Pillars yet, but it definitely looks cool (I played a smattering of Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games of yore). This is apparently "a city building adventure card game for 1-4 players" and while I'm always happy to play new games, my wife isn't quite so interested in learning a new game all the time. So the 1 on that may come in very handy for my playing of it!
    x44c87h4f3xw.jpg

MOAR HELPING HANDS

The single page contained within was simply a picture of an avatar (which I immediately recognized as @The_Spaniard) and the words "Explanation soon..."
    So, THANK YOU!
    And now I wait for an explanation?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Got the second part of my gift!

Thanks so much! I'm normally super picky about tee shirts and even more so when it comes to wrestling tees (Cause they're generally awful) but this one is awesome and will see plenty of use!

Also today I put the previous gift to good use

Making what will hopefully be a tasty butter squash thai soup!

Thank you again Santa! Now reveal yourself!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @The_Spaniard thank you again for the gift! Just realized your name wasn't properly quoted to summon ye.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    Santa strikes again!
    This time with a different kind of electronic gift!

FW8ov5fl.jpg
    Hey! No frowning about presents! I am certainly not complaining. I feel like you've gotten me some really rad stuff already, so my Christmas is made. Hopefully it comes in around Jan 10th so I can not pay attention to the TV for a while, haha

6SOKT91l.jpg
    This is a rad gaming mouse! It's even got a little compartment with tiny weights in it. I'm about to head to my parents' house for the next few days but I will make sure to hook it up and give it a go when I return.

Thanks again, mystery santa!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift should have arrived Wed.

And Santa, I still don't know who you are!

Steam: offday
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Another box arrived from @spookymuffin!
    HnudjPw.jpg

I think I might have an idea what it is.
    5K7eMBd.jpg

And it is! Plus a mystery one...
    Okay, maybe not so mystery.
    X71TIPY.jpg

Deaf, senile sheltie looking mildly alarmed.
    stGaZwU.jpg

They'll live on my desk at work next to Cthulhu and Smaug.

Thanks again!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

(I got this 2 days ago but had problems getting images on imgur)
    I just got a new phone, and it refuses to send pictures to imgur because *shrug* So I have to use one from GIS.

I got my gift! thanks @Psiberian !

dj01.png
    I didn't have this, but have played it and loved it! Thank you so much for the gift! I can't wait to crack this out this weekend to give another go.

steam_sig.png
  • ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

The gifts keep coming! Number 4 has arrived...
    Guys....I got a Salt Server! This means
    AltonSalt.jpg
    THIS WILL BE MY LIFE NOW. I WILL BE THE MASTER OF THE GOOD EATS!!

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    Gifts have arrived!
    A lovely note suggested I open them first so I did!
    Parcels!
    xQBtuUA.jpg?1

Inside the first, a board game! This looks awesome!
    YFBTqoF.jpg?1

Next, a graphic novel series I have never read or heard of but the covers alone make me very excited. from the description, it sounds exactly up my alley. Santa said it's a series about art and performance and about creators/performers and fans and I love that kind of stuff so I'm very excited to dig in. Santa you did go overboard but this is awesome and I love it!
    RKtTVgK.jpg?1

Along with that they also got me Witcher 3's season pass, Overcooked, and supposedly I'm gonna get Stanley Parable which sounds awesome!

This is an insane giftage drop and I am so thankful! We already dug into Onitama and it was a ton of fun, it's a lot like a variant of chess but with a ton of variety and mind bending strategy. This is amazing. Happy Holidays and thank you amazing santa @Delduwath !
    The pieces are kinda smelly, you're right.
    jdTN72F.jpg?1

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    Gifts have arrived!
    A lovely note suggested I open them first so I did!
    Parcels!
    xQBtuUA.jpg?1

Inside the first, a board game! This looks awesome!
    YFBTqoF.jpg?1

Next, a graphic novel series I have never read or heard of but the covers alone make me very excited. from the description, it sounds exactly up my alley. Santa said it's a series about art and performance and about creators/performers and fans and I love that kind of stuff so I'm very excited to dig in. Santa you did go overboard but this is awesome and I love it!
    RKtTVgK.jpg?1

Along with that they also got me Witcher 3's season pass, Overcooked, and supposedly I'm gonna get Stanley Parable which sounds awesome!

This is an insane giftage drop and I am so thankful! We already dug into Onitama and it was a ton of fun, it's a lot like a variant of chess but with a ton of variety and mind bending strategy. This is amazing. Happy Holidays and thank you amazing santa @Delduwath !
    The pieces are kinda smelly, you're right.
    jdTN72F.jpg?1

Hooray! I'm glad you like it, @SniperGuy.

The Wicked + The Divine (or WICDIV to us lazies) is one of my favorite comics. Talk to me for ten minutes, and I'll probably slip in a recommendation in there. Oh, and the fact that the covers of those volumes get progressively darker? I'm sure it's nothing. Certainly can't be foreshadowing.

Yeah, for some reason Steam wouldn't let Proxy pass The Stanley Parable along. I sent you a friend request, SniperGuy, and when that goes through I'll gift it to you directly.

Normally, you win Onitama either by capturing your opponent's main pawn or by getting your main pawn into the opponent's main pawn's starting spot. However, there's a secret, third winning scenario that isn't in the rulebook: when your main pawn captures their main pawn in its starting spot, so you effectively win in both ways at the same time. If this happens, your opponent is obligated to acknowledge that you're a cool and smart dude, and everyone has to give you high-fives all the time for the rest of the day. Make sure your opponents are aware of this before you begin play.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My GF @wafflesmagee is also assuring me that there is a 4th unknown way to win, via strangling me to death! Thank you again, love all these gifts! I'll let you know what I think of the comics!

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I can believe it - I'm still at the novice level, so I don't know about all the advanced techniques yet.

The Stanley Parable has been deployed!

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Apparently @jclast wasn't done spreading Christmas cheer. I received a big dose of drugs and pills in the form of Big Pharma on Steam. Thanks!

• dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

So these actually came in a month earlier, I have been stuck working 60-70 ish hours a week since November, so little extra time. Sorry in delay of getting these out:

Boxes have arrived, Kid wastes no time on seeing what might be inside:
    i46o2wmkpg0q.jpg

He is super excited, so is the rogue animal cracker underneath:
    si4kh7idrld1.jpg

Item #1
    4kewjnncpapp.jpg

He loves this, he has actually gotten really good at doing the matching now and we play a round of this every night before bed.

Item#2
    5tnmiymbeclm.jpg

Another fantastic gift, he has this all over the house and takes them with him to bath time, however we did hide the Play-Doh...for now... :)

Item#3
    zuve8177r7gs.jpg

This is AMAZING!!!!, so many times I have seen this and almost purchased. I am an avid Final Fantasy fan and this was a delight to receive, my wife has actually looked through it more then I have cause she loves the art. Thanks a ton Santa!!!

Great Christmas gifts, and obvious that thought went in to these, I truly appreciate it and again sorry for the delayed response. Also I misplaced the slip that had my Santa's name on it among the brouhaha the gifts cause at my homestead, if Santa would be so kind as to identify themselves, I would greatly appreciate it.

dalith14 on
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Santa- 2nd Gift got, will make a proper post, when I get a chance!!!! Thanks!!!!!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Woo, woke up with an email from my Secret Santa!

UBkzX6t.png

And in it contained a $50 Steam wallet gift code! Thanks! Definitely gonna use that to do some prime gifting! Gonna be fun :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Round 2. FIGHT!

New box from Amazonia land that brought gifts from the distant and fearful place of DEATH MOUNTAIN.

Do you want to check it out, mighty attack dog Gypsy?
    gypsy.jpg

Too busy with a rawhide, I see.

The running gag at my house is that I want Slave I for a gift from my kids. The other running gag is that I never get it.

But behold it is:
    slave1.jpg

My long nightmare is over! I shall never be in want of...
    slave2.jpg

Well then. Onto the next gift. Of course from Death Mountain will come something from the brain of a twisted individual whose name is emblazoned upon this very site.
    widowswalk.jpg

I've been looking at getting that for some time and thank you, O Secret Santa, for getting me it. My gaming group has played Betrayal for some time and this will really breathe new life into the game. But who was the one who sent these gifts?
    widowswalk2.jpg

@darunia106 , thanks again for everything! Great gifts that will be enjoyed for a long long time.

Edited to add:
    I couldn't find my picture of it which is why I didn't post it at first. He also generously gave me a $20 gift card to the Nintendo eShop. So many games to choose from.

Glad you got (most of) the gifts! And y'know...
    you don't HAVE to give that Slave I to your kids. :wink:

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

'Twas exactly Christmas when there arose such a clatter.
    I sprang from my XBox to see what was the matter.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    but a miniature sleigh and four tiny LEGO reindeer.

bt8XJpYh.jpg

With a little old driver, so whiney and gold,
    I knew in a moment it must be C-3P0 in a Santa suit.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
    and filled all the gift bags, then turned with a jerk.

And then I set about opening gifts and I don't know what happened to him after that. Lacking numbers, I opened them with reckless abandon.

jEu02TAh.jpg

A blast from the past but one of Secret Santa's true favourites. Looks like a slight departure from your usual genres so hopefully new to you. (Pah)

It is new to me indeed. I love puzzles and I'll get to it immediately tomorrow once it is socially acceptable to avoid family with my DS.

koeUEK3h.jpg

Secret Santa's most favourite comic of all time is Hellboy and it has become a Christmas tradition to foist Big Red onto my Santee. (Lim)

I've only ever seen the movies so this will be really fun to get into. I love the movies and the book is always better don't ya know.

fL0GqONh.jpg

Secret Santa sees you like LEGO. Secret Santa sees you like fast cars. LEGO Fast Car! (Koo)

Shit yeah.

GcJSrVwh.jpg

Secret Santa and his daughers owe you a special thanks for indirectly bringing The Princess and the Pony into their house last Christmas. John Allison is my favourite web comic dude and totes friends with Kate Beaton I believe. (Loo)

OK, Santa, you are a person of class and unquestionable taste. John Allison is indeed the best web comic artist of all time. So it breaks my heart to tell you that I already have this book. Though you would have been hard pressed to find one of his I don't have...
    Not pictured, about 6 t-shirts and 4 art prints...
    FU07O3oh.jpg
    I e-mail John once and he responded to me. It was a legitimate thrill.
    Yes, I haven't gotten the newest one. Yet...

Don't worry though, my sister is a big Kate Beaton fan and I'm going to borrow your idea and give her my old copy of The Case of the Team Spirit for her birthday and we'll get her converted to the cause.

What a tremendous haul! Thank you very much, Santa!

o0d3KWzh.jpg

Now, here is the trick: I don't know who you are. I tried googling Lim Koo Loo Pah with nosuccess. Without regular access to the forum reverse stalking is getting me nowhere. I tried looking back through Hypatia's flickr stream for Hellboy (it being a tradition) but I could only find TheOtherHoseman getting in in 2011 and 2010 from Kendrik and Arikado. Kendrik gifted someone else (plus I didn't get another copy of Old Man's War ;P) and Arikado isn't in it. I thought maybe KoopahTroopah, but he's from PA and my Santa knows how to spell favourite correctly. Sidenote: Santa also knows to capitalize LEGO. And it's not an anagram because nobody has near that may o's in their name.

Is mystery! (and probably really obvious but I'm really full of Christmas cheer right now)

Thank you, @Jam Warrior!!!

Bear is Driving on
    I got Ghost Trick in this very secret santa many moons ago! It is indeed a fantastic game, do not delay in shoving into your game player's card hole.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Lim Koo Loo Pah is "kooloo limpah" mixed up.

So someone with fat elf syndrome.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Interesting. Though I told Santa I had Majora's Mask on my DS I failed to also admit I haven't played it for more than an hour.

It is my secret Zelda shame.

edited December 2016
    The Christmas cheer is getting to me. Forgot I could just edit posts.

So, uh...

Merry Chistmas everyone! Thank you for running this every year, @Hypatia

This is one of my favourite things to do in the year.

Additional Edit: This LEGO car is a neat bit of kit. The thing is a convertible!

PGmRleXh.jpg

I'm well into Hogswatch cheer now, heh.

Bear is Driving on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

bt8XJpYh.jpg

And then I set about opening gifts and I don't know what happened to him after that. Lacking numbers, I opened them with reckless abandon.

jEu02TAh.jpg

A blast from the past but one of Secret Santa's true favourites. Looks like a slight departure from your usual genres so hopefully new to you. (Pah)

It is new to me indeed. I love puzzles and I'll get to it immediately tomorrow once it is socially acceptable to avoid family with my DS.

koeUEK3h.jpg

Secret Santa's most favourite comic of all time is Hellboy and it has become a Christmas tradition to foist Big Red onto my Santee. (Lim)

I've only ever seen the movies so this will be really fun to get into. I love the movies and the book is always better don't ya know.

fL0GqONh.jpg

Secret Santa sees you like LEGO. Secret Santa sees you like fast cars. LEGO Fast Car! (Koo)

Shit yeah.

GcJSrVwh.jpg

Secret Santa and his daughers owe you a special thanks for indirectly bringing The Princess and the Pony into their house last Christmas. John Allison is my favourite web comic dude and totes friends with Kate Beaton I believe. (Loo)

OK, Santa, you are a person of class and unquestionable taste. John Allison is indeed the best web comic artist of all time. So it breaks my heart to tell you that I already have this book. Though you would have been hard pressed to find one of his I don't have...
    FU07O3oh.jpg

Don't worry though, my sister is a big Kate Beaton fan and I'm going to borrow your idea and give her my old copy of The Case of the Team Spirit for her birthday and we'll get her converted to the cause.

o0d3KWzh.jpg

Now, here is the trick: I don't know who you are. I tried googling Lim Koo Loo Pah with nosuccess. Without regular access to the forum reverse stalking is getting me nowhere. I tried looking back through Hypatia's flickr stream for Hellboy (it being a tradition) but I could only find TheOtherHoseman getting in in 2011 and 2010 from Kendrik and Arikado. Kendrik gifted someone else (plus I didn't get another copy of Old Man's War ;P) and Arikado isn't in it. I thought maybe KoopahTroopah, but he's from PA and my Santa knows how to spell favourite correctly. Sidenote: Santa also knows to capitalize LEGO. And it's not an anagram because nobody has near that may o's in their name.

Is mystery! (and probably really obvious but I'm really full of Christmas cheer right now)

I got this book last year if you want to check the gift wall

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hooray!

Wow! I should have known a man of such impeccable taste was a Tackleford man. That's an impressive collection, as far back as Blame the Sky. Though I believe I can one up you with a Look Brains and Everything.

44AC5DE9-0797-4C08-A0DF-AA4A0ACF4385_zps9afzolhv.jpg

Oh and what's this? Why it's my original Shelley drawing! Prized possession. Probably first on the 'Things to save from the burning house' list after the kids.

88725E86-7C6A-425A-857A-6EF288C2733B_zpsk5wubdet.jpg

Feel free to Amazon exchange for the latest Bad Machinery, but regifting is cool as well.

Glad you liked them. Merry Christmas all!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

bt8XJpYh.jpg

jEu02TAh.jpg

koeUEK3h.jpg

fL0GqONh.jpg

Shit yeah.

GcJSrVwh.jpg

FU07O3oh.jpg

o0d3KWzh.jpg

Two years ago. And shhh, he might notice you got the fancier library edition which was out of stock this year!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

bt8XJpYh.jpg

jEu02TAh.jpg

koeUEK3h.jpg

fL0GqONh.jpg

Shit yeah.

GcJSrVwh.jpg

FU07O3oh.jpg

o0d3KWzh.jpg

Two years ago. And shhh, he might notice you got the fancier library edition which was out of stock this year!

Time flies. I realized my 9th wedding anniversary is coming up in February which makes 10 years and I don't know how to process that. I haven't ever made it 10 years without driving someone else batshit crazy.

Merry Christmas all, enjoy the rest of this year and I hope that the New Years brings you many moments of joy and happiness.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas everyone!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

AGAIN!

c3eh18hggsx4.png

So I guess I'm just downloading digital bits this morning! I watched several different plays of parts of this game a couple years ago when it was all the rage, but now I can enjoy it myself (and maybe name some characters after forumers).

Hooray!

Wow! I should have known a man of such impeccable taste was a Tackleford man. That's an impressive collection, as far back as Blame the Sky. Though I believe I can one up you with a Look Brains and Everything.

Oh and what's this? Why it's my original Shelley drawing! Prized possession. Probably first on the 'Things to save from the burning house' list after the kids.

Feel free to Amazon exchange for the latest Bad Machinery, but regifting is cool as well.

Glad you liked them. Merry Christmas all!

I think Brains came out before I stopped being a poor student. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few others too.

I am mad jelly of your Shelley. Maybe this will inspire me to finally commission him for something. He seems pretty busy right now though.

Since I have your blessing, I might indeed exchange it for the new one.

Thank you again!