Options

[Steam]: Your game library has increased. (-1 to your backlog skill)

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I see Black Ops 3 is free to play this weekend. Is this the full game or just the multiplayer again?

I think it might be the full game? I'm not sure, but it usually specifies a free multiplayer weekend for these things. It's about a 29GB download so it might take a while if you think you're interested in playing.

I'm giving it a download, actually mostly to see if it will run on my machine.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    ElderPao wrote: »
    signature.png

Congrats Kalnaur !

Woooooooo! Thanks so much! You rock. :heartbeat:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Stalker or Skyrim when i get home?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If you have vodka handy get lost in the Zone.

If not I guess you can bully elves.

• Options

STALKER

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I see Black Ops 3 is free to play this weekend. Is this the full game or just the multiplayer again?

I think it might be the full game? I'm not sure, but it usually specifies a free multiplayer weekend for these things. It's about a 29GB download so it might take a while if you think you're interested in playing.

@emnmnme As it turns out, it's just the multiplayer unfortunately.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

STALKER. Skyrim is getting a remaster in like a month. Play it then.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm wondering will mods need to be updated for the remastered version of Skyrim...

It might be worth my while going for a clean install and playing Enderal, the main thing putting me off it was having to dismantle my nest of mods.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

That's a shame, BO3 had one of my favorite CoD campaigns. Just utterly insane at points but way better than, just as an example, Ghosts.

This is not an opinion shared by many, but I stand by it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

That's a shame, BO3 had one of my favorite CoD campaigns. Just utterly insane at points but way better than, just as an example, Ghosts.

This is not an opinion shared by many, but I stand by it.

And it gets downright ridiculous gameplay when you play it in co-op. Being able to get revived enables the players to play a little more loosely and recklessly. Thunder-punches and shotguns for days for me!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    *checks gaming news*

OH MY GOD THERE'S GOING TO BE A NIDHOGG TWO, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS NOT HAVE A SHITTY NETCODE AND IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE ON MY GOTY LIST!!

*watches trailer*

Video games were a mistake.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    *checks gaming news*

OH MY GOD THERE'S GOING TO BE A NIDHOGG TWO, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS NOT HAVE A SHITTY NETCODE AND IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE ON MY GOTY LIST!!

*watches trailer*

They'll have to run it back, or there'll be mods out to make the potato men look like the svelte swordsmen they should be.

Surely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    *checks gaming news*

*watches trailer*

They'll have to run it back, or there'll be mods out to make the potato men look like the svelte swordsmen they should be.

Surely.

I wouldn't bet on it:

• Options
    I mean I have no horse in this race, it's not like I'll ever play the game.

It's just a bit bizarre really.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Pfft. I think those Nidhogg dudes look hilarious. I'm sure my kid and I will get a lot of laughs from it.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about. I want to plug a game. Age of Fear: The Undead King is a pretty good game. It's basically a straight up Table Top Tactics style strategy game. You fight turn based battles, in between battles you read some story bits, recruit and manage troops. You also have a hero unit that can use a surprising array of items. Combat is turn based and takes place on a playing field with no grid. Movement is handled like GW strategy games; You can move a unit to any location unblocked by another unit within your unit's movement range. This makes for nice and smooth move/attack gameplay, where ordered deployment and effective formations are vital to success, as you will often be outnumbered on the battlefield. In between battle units can spend experience points gained on new perks and abilities in a surprisingly robust progression system. That lowly footman can aspire to the Royal Guard or even become a legendary Blade Master. Sure, this game isn't going to win any Academy Awards for looks or story but fuck that shit anyway. This is about demolishing your foe on the field of battle with furious style.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Let's completely ignore the chubbiness and the googly eyes and whatnot. Even if those were still sillhouettes, the main thing I hate about it is it's like the antithesis to Nidhogg's look.

The best word I have to describe Nidhogg's look and feel is tight. The animations are minimalist and 100% serviceable, because it's the kind of game where a single pixel can be the difference between who wins a duel in a fraction of a second. The roll, the dive kick, every single animation (with the exception of the crouch jump, granted) both look and feel so tight that when 2 get players get into a heated duel, we feel like superhuman swordfighters in a movie.

Nidhogg 2, by aiming for that goofier, worms/gangbeasts style, is looking like it's going to totally counter to that feeling. The characters look like they're more likely to trip over their own feet and kill themselves than each other. Like, the moment I most hated in the trailer was when Orange killed Yellow and then walked off the edge, and belly-flopped to the floor while flailing. My cool-ass Swordman wouldn't do that!

I'm not saying it won't be a fun game. I'm not saying I'm boycotting it, or that I'm going to go in trying to hate it. I wouldn't be surprised if they gain more players than they lose with the goofy art. Just, personally, I don't think I could hate the direction they're taking this any more than I do right now, and I've lost count of the hours me and my friends/family have put into Nidhogg 1. It's my favorite 1v1 video game.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I've been curious about Call of Duty lately. I'm not interested in the multiplayer (Especially this long after launch) but I'm thinking of oneday checking out the singleplayer campaigns, especially to see how they've evolved.

So I know that Modern Warfare 1-3 are direct sequels, as are Black Ops 1-3. How about Call of Duty 1-3?

I heard World at War ties into Black Ops somehow?

Ghosts, Advanced Warfare and the upcoming Infinite Warfare are all separate, as far as I know.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I have somehow played 17 hours of Battlerite in 3 days.

Somebody...help..

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I've been curious about Call of Duty lately. I'm not interested in the multiplayer (Especially this long after launch) but I'm thinking of oneday checking out the singleplayer campaigns, especially to see how they've evolved.

So I know that Modern Warfare 1-3 are direct sequels, as are Black Ops 1-3. How about Call of Duty 1-3?

Ghosts, Advanced Warfare and the upcoming Infinite Warfare are all separate, as far as I know.

As someone who just played the singleplayer for Black Ops 1 and 2, take my advice and don't play them. They are not good games and whatever awe they inspired at the time 100% does not hold up.

MW1-2 and World at War were all pretty decent from memory, though, with MW1 aka 4 being the best of the bunch (and maybe the series? 2 is up there, as well).

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »
    Zetx wrote: »
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Winners

@ Zetx
    signature.png

Many thanks!

When you get around to playing it, I'd really like it if you posted a review. This is a game that Polygon gave a 9 while Destructoid rated as a 3. I'm a fan (and a critic) of alternative storytelling, so hearing your impressions would be appreciated.

@an_alt

I've only had a chance to play 20 minutes or so, but here are my thoughts so far:

It's really pretty, the music is done by a philharmonic orchestra (aka, it's gorgeous), and the story definitely has my attention so far...
    59F007864D4FB67DC6C4039449FE47E2A27AEAED
    EA52249CC69012CF145181EC29E9FC5C61AC41AF

However, my main gripes so far is that there's a constant "cinematic" black bar surrounding my viewport (as seen in the 2nd picture), there's no voice acting, and the transitions are really poor.

The last one is really the biggest one. Sometimes I'm not sure if the game's scenes are controlled by me and where the player character is or by the music (as in, music ends -> next scene). There have been several times already where I'm walking down a hallway or some such and -poof- I'm in another scene (another hallway, or a car, even). It's very disconcerting. Despite that, I definitely intend to come back to it for the story. And the music. And the pretty setting (hopefully will see more outdoors!)

Just wanted to follow-up on this. Finished the story tonight. I'm not sure I "get" it yet (which seems to be the general consensus on the Steam forums). I'll have to give it another go later on to see if it makes more sense.

Regarding the transitions, once I accepted them as something akin to an "autoscroller" scene, it was a little better. I think my next biggest issue would be the lack of voice acting. With only gestures and some (minimal) facial expressions, it can be difficult to interpret what is exactly happening, especially towards the end. With the constant transitions it would've been nice if any character could give some context to the given scene and ground the player in that particular moment.

The story still puzzles me and I don't think the main plot lines are truly resolved at the end. Then again, I could be wrong.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I'm wondering will mods need to be updated for the remastered version of Skyrim...

It might be worth my while going for a clean install and playing Enderal, the main thing putting me off it was having to dismantle my nest of mods.

You don't, actually. The Enderal installation backs up everything about your default Skyrim install before installing itself. Then when you uninstall it it puts everything back where it was.

There may be a few things you'll have to disable manually afterwards, like I had some issues with Workshop mods installing themselves again, but it wasn't a hassle.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

You don't, actually. The Enderal installation backs up everything about your default Skyrim install before installing itself. Then when you uninstall it it puts everything back where it was.

There may be a few things you'll have to disable manually afterwards, like I had some issues with Workshop mods installing themselves again, but it wasn't a hassle.

Oh that's interesting. From the Skyrim thread, I'd heard that Enderal was supposed to back up the previous install such that it would work after removing Enderal but that it didn't quite work as it should.

Thanks for your input!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Oh that's interesting. From the Skyrim thread, I'd heard that Enderal was supposed to back up the previous install such that it would work after removing Enderal but that it didn't quite work as it should.

Thanks for your input!

It worked for me. I got tired of it after a few hours and went back to normal Skyrim.

• Options

Call of duty 1, 2, and 3 are just different military campaigns in WW2. 3 was originally Treyarch's work and its not held in high regard. How good it actually is, I dunno.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Call of duty 1, 2, and 3 are just different military campaigns in WW2. 3 was originally Treyarch's work and its not held in high regard. How good it actually is, I dunno.

Yeah, the CoD games didn't really get an intriguing story until Modern Warfare. Before that, the campaigns were just neat arcadey recreations of various WW2 campaigns. I liked them both a lot, although I have a fond place in my heart for the original game. It was one of the first games I played on my first self-built PC.

I don't believe CoD3 ever got a PC release. I played it on Xbox 360. It was...okay. It did try to tell a more coherent story than the previous games, but was a tad clumsy about it.

World at War does indeed tie into Black Ops. They share a character.

I've still not played Black Ops 2, or any of the games after that one. They'll have to wait until after I have a PC that can handle them.

• Options
    hey guys

you guys

Battlerite is really fuckin' good

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So I played a lot of Steamworld Heist this week. I really enjoyed it. Wrapped it up tonight with full stars.
    Sally is my MVP. That girl's crazy.
    Thanks again to @Orivon for the gift.

• Options
    Well, the guy with the special spaz died, so its mine now.

The side quests I stalker:sow are simple but I'm enjoying running around.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    To take place at the time of 10 PM Central/ 11 PM Eastern/ 8 PM Pacific Time

2ea80ecf-f4d3-4b68-842c-a8146bab573e91cede06-8cab-4f14-9216-237a626f09df-1.jpg

Currently taking slots for tonight's big return of Friday Night Gaming

Starring Tabletop Simulator, with big guest appearance by Secret Hitler!

Currently taking a maximum of 10 players;

1. @Ed Gruberman (maybe?)
    2. @Raiden333
    3. @Ianator
    4. @HyphyKeezy
    5. @KoopahTroopah
    6. @Pimsy
    10. ME

Just send a message here with an @ or PM me to put you on the list, we can make some reservations in case someone doesn't make it.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    If it's Secret Hitler, count me in @Firebird

Otherwise 90% count me in.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Yo @Firebird I am totally up for this.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Finally started encountering monolith soldiers. While the first battle was exciting, their region is chock full of radiation and snipers. This will require careful strategy and many grenades.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    I turn thirty-five years old today! I can now officially run for President of the United States of America! Pretty excited to stream Luke Cage on Netflix this weekend for a celebration.

I have a question. Sometimes in the PA G&T Adventure Team chat in Steam it'll show users when they're playing Blizzard games. Like it'll say "playing a non-steam game." How do you get it to list that as well?

Also, I managed to contact Trion & get my Trove account back. So I can play that game again too. That game is a great, casual time-waster. Surprised it didn't amass more of a following but I guess it's just another Minecraft clone. Still, I was quite happy to get it back & now have it linked to my updated e-mail account.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You can add things as non-steam games by clicking the + add a game thing in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. That lets you do things like steamshots, use the overlay, and yes, have it show up next to your name

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    I have a question. Sometimes in the PA G&T Adventure Team chat in Steam it'll show users when they're playing Blizzard games. Like it'll say "playing a non-steam game." How do you get it to list that as well?

bottom left hand corner of the steam ui is a "+ ADD A GAME..." button
    you can use that to add non-steam games (or steam games from codes) to your library.

some games might not play nice with this feature though, usually if they have a pre-launcher.
    but you can get around that by pointing steam at a notepad link or the like and renaming that as a game prior to starting up a game.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    PSA

Happy birthday to @Coffey and @Firebird!

<3<3<3

@Gear Girl - you asked me to tag you for this occasion.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Huh, Warlock of Firetop Mountain just got an update, including:

HtvX3vE.png

Adding more checkpoint benches and decreasing souls to get unlock new heroes both certainly address issues I had with the game. Might have to take another run at the mountain.

Nice to see the devs working on improving the experience. <3

EDIT: Soul cost to unlock new heroes not actually reduced. :(

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Firebird get me in that list for Secret Hitler.

Also, happy birthday. :hydra:

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.