As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Your game library has increased. (-1 to your backlog skill)

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thank you Spaniard.

I enjoyed the first Dead Space a lot but never played through any of the sequels. I heard the second one was pretty brutal so I'm excited to give it a whirl.

@SmokeStacks I'd actually really like to hear what you think of it when you play it.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Regarding the Elder scrolls online, if I were to purchase a retail copy would I be able to activate it on steam?
    Radiation wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Please enter a valid US phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX.
    Boo!

Can you get a google number thing?
    Don't know but I'm not going to bother anymore.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Regarding the Elder scrolls online, if I were to purchase a retail copy would I be able to activate it on steam?
    Boo!

If you buy a retail copy it would still link to your ESO account, but it wouldnt work on Steam unless you buy it through steam.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Boo!

If you buy a retail copy it would still link to your ESO account, but it wouldnt work on Steam unless you buy it through steam.
    Bah! What's the point of buying a game if it can't become part of a steam library :razz:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Been playing a lot of ARK in prep for a change that . . . didn't happen. The basics are, lack of options to turn off stupid requirements led to Budd not clustering our servers.

So today, while the servers were down to fix things, I decided to make more progress in Dark Souls II. At this point, I have all 3 crowns, and now have to decide if I march off and nix the old king, or just go take on the last boss.

Go get that king first.

The king is dead, long live the king. I head for the final confrontation next, armed with the blessed crown upon my brow, and sporting the Llewellyn Set and a cavalcade of weapons, spells, and other paraphernalia.
    I killed the king with pyromancies and spell restoration items, which is yet another new tactic I've now used. I really love it when these games let me just find a thing that works, and moreover that it feels like mid to late game they encourage vast experimentation.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im feeling rather down today, but on the other hand i finally got Tyranny, one week late.

So far, i spent 30 minutes creating character, only to decide to start from the scratch later. True RPG experience.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    We've got winners, we've got winners!

Dead Space 2 was won by SmokeStacks, The Banner Saga was won by whoever the hell EdwardTheThird is on the forums, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was won by "chuck steak".

Also a big sorry, but I accidentally set the timer on Killing Floor to 1 hour instead of 2 days, so nobody actually entered in time. I'll just recreate that giveaway some other time.

Anyway, enjoy your games guys!

@The_Spaniard, that should be @DasUberEdward. :)
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    So after a restart divinity runs fine now, and the combat seems fun. Is there a story here or is it mostly dungeon crawling?

@Mai-Kero, Divinity OS has many virtues, but a compelling plot is not one of them. The plot is a serviceable mishmash of bog-standard world in jeopardy, fated protagonists, and thin justifications for the many noble macguffin hunts.

Fortunately the game is gorgeous, flexible, fun and jam-packed with delicious turn-based combat, loot and citizenry willing to buy their own stolen artwork. <3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Almost 3 years ago to the day, I was gifted with Infinite Bioshocks by the infinitely classy @Heatwave. Three years! My how time flies.

Today, I finished it.
    kwwqkjnqsjty.png

Thank you once again, loved it (particularly giving enemies flying lessons via the gleefully over-enthusiastic use of Undertow, and zooming round at breakneck speed on skylines). And I'm sorry it took me so long to elbow my way through the backlog and reach it!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Awesome, thank you Spaniard.

I enjoyed the first Dead Space a lot but never played through any of the sequels. I heard the second one was pretty brutal so I'm excited to give it a whirl.

@SmokeStacks I'd actually really like to hear what you think of it when you play it.

Play it?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Dishonored!
    It's not over - I thought I completed the last mission, and now there's more game! What the hell, literally every person I thought I could trust? Except Samuel, you're still cool.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure which Talon that Talon Valdez (steam name) is on PA, but thanks for the Civ 5 giveaway and making me the winner (even if I was the only entry and its totally random)!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    PSN is having a sale, so I ended up buying the remastered Jak & Daxter collection on my PS3 yesterday. I started playing through the first game in the series. I'd played through it a long time ago, but I was surprised at just how well it holds up apart from the kind of annoying floaty vehicle sequences. I really appreciate how they made a pretty seamless world with this game. I don't think there are even any loading screens unless you use a portal shortcut.

Anyone know if there are there any quality third person platformers like that on Steam? The only game that comes to mind right now is Poi, which I got as a result of the Humble Monthly. I played it for a little bit and it seemed OK, but then I realized it was still in early access and stopped.

I know that Yooka-Laylee is on the horizon too, but I don't know what to expect with that one.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I started playing Mini Metro on my ipad today during my commute. Seems like a perfect game for my 45 minute subway ride! :)

I should look for more good ipad games to play, so far I pretty much only play 2048, Desktop Dungeons, and now Mini Metro.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Woo, I "finished" RimWorld. 115 hours, and my first ship launch!

All this talk of Dishonored 2 made me start Dishonored 1. I forget why I put it down the first time, I only had like, 14 minutes of playtime in it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    A Hat in Time page says it is out 2017. Its supposed to take a lot of influence from banjo-kazooie but has been in development for a very long time.

Grow Home is very good but it centers around a climbing mechanic. Theres platforming as well but if you don't like the climbing you probably wont like the game.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    A Hat in Time page says it is out 2017. Its supposed to take a lot of influence from banjo-kazooie but has been in development for a very long time.

Grow Home is very good but it centers around a climbing mechanic. Theres platforming as well but if you don't like the climbing you probably wont like the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Grow Home. I really liked that one a lot, and I look forward to playing the sequel when I have a machine that can run it!

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    PSN is having a sale, so I ended up buying the remastered Jak & Daxter collection on my PS3 yesterday. I started playing through the first game in the series. I'd played through it a long time ago, but I was surprised at just how well it holds up apart from the kind of annoying floaty vehicle sequences. I really appreciate how they made a pretty seamless world with this game. I don't think there are even any loading screens unless you use a portal shortcut.

Anyone know if there are there any quality third person platformers like that on Steam? The only game that comes to mind right now is Poi, which I got as a result of the Humble Monthly. I played it for a little bit and it seemed OK, but then I realized it was still in early access and stopped.

I know that Yooka-Laylee is on the horizon too, but I don't know what to expect with that one.

Nothing in my library seems right, and that bums me out, but...
    Enslaved (character action)
    Mini Ninjas (seems the most like a platformer)
    Overlord series (evil Pikmin)
    Spy Chameleon (feels like a PS1 puzzle game)
    Grow Up (looks like a PS1 exploration game)

That being said, I'm also considering the Jak collection and am looking forward to the copy of Yooka-Laylee that I kickstarted.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Goat Simulator. Its a sandbox game but there is plenty of platforming and secrets to be found. Also on sale this week.

I guess you have to be tolerant of the quirks as well. Plenty of times I went for a jump and fell outside the level.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Thanks a lot @The_Spaniard for Ethan Carter! Have had my eye on it since it came out, looking forward to finally giving it a shot!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Nothing in my library seems right, and that bums me out, but...
    Enslaved (character action)
    Mini Ninjas (seems the most like a platformer)
    Overlord series (evil Pikmin)
    Spy Chameleon (feels like a PS1 puzzle game)
    Grow Up (looks like a PS1 exploration game)

That being said, I'm also considering the Jak collection and am looking forward to the copy of Yooka-Laylee that I kickstarted.

Overlord is incredibly fun by the way. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Options
    I actually played through the first Overlord on Xbox 360 many years ago. I have the sequel on Steam, but haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Huh, Steam just has full seasons of Sailor Moon now.
    aFo2MVx.gif

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Steam making up for the dreadful lack of Magical Girl shows.

If only Steven Universe was on there as well. Clearly the best Magical Girl show.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    This made me go look at the Steam video section. Clicking the "Top Sellers" gave me a list of one. I think those list are country-based but still, looks like Finns aren't buying any videos from Steam.

Also no Sailor Moon for me. :(

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »

If only Steven Universe was on there as well. Clearly the best Magical Gay Space Girl Rocks show.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dishonored!
    It's not over - I thought I completed the last mission, and now there's more game! What the hell, literally every person I thought I could trust? Except Samuel, you're still cool.

Is it just me or was that telegraphed incredibly poorly?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Unbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUBRxJztAlg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    By the dark eyes of the Outsider!
    Thank you very much @Zxerol for Dishonored 2! <3<3<3
    QRlskzO.gif

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Dishonored!

Is it just me or was that telegraphed incredibly poorly?

I think everyone agrees that it was super predictable.

The only surprise is that
    you are betrayed not by one, not by two, but by all 3 of most prominent Loyalists.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Man, I've been delving deep into Skyrim's Special Edition and it's just reinforcing my opinion that the game's fundamentally shallow. Like, it's nice to wander around in, but there isn't that much meat there and the guild quests in particular feel really unsatisfying.

• Options
    I didn't see it coming. Take that, everybody else!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    QOOj46A.png

Now I have to jump into anime again!

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    4lGcY8R.jpg

I cannot disagree with your reasoning @akajaybay I'll be sure to let you know what it's about! Thanks!

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

If only Steven Universe was on there as well. Clearly the best Magical Gay Space Girl Rocks show.

Yeah. And?

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Boo!

Just went on sale on steam. Under 10 bucks. I probably can't even run it, but might jump on it anyway at that price.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I never watched a single episode of Sailor Moon, I was more of a Dragon Ball kid but I guess it's not too late, @akajaybay made sure of that. Thank you! :D

7dvaoxeou0hz.png

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Yeah. And?

nuttin but great admiration

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    I never watched a single episode of Sailor Moon, I was more of a Dragon Ball kid but I guess it's not too late, akajaybay made sure of that. Thank you! :D

Fun fact: In the original Japanese airing, the final 2 episodes had a real downer of a cliffhanger ending to the penultimate episode. So many young girls were distraught over it in the week between episodes and the studio got so many complaints from parents that when the series was dubbed for the US one of the changes made was to condense the two episodes into one to not make a ton of elementary age children sad.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Man, the first level of world 3 in Assault Android Cactus (Checkpoint) feels pretty fuckimpossible to S+ on anyone that is not Cactus.

Having fun with the game, though. Lemon and Molly are my favorites, Aubergine I can't make work, and when I want to actually get a decent score I go for Cactus, generally.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    I never watched a single episode of Sailor Moon, I was more of a Dragon Ball kid but I guess it's not too late, akajaybay made sure of that. Thank you! :D

Fun fact: In the original Japanese airing, the final 2 episodes had a real downer of a cliffhanger ending to the penultimate episode. So many young girls were distraught over it in the week between episodes and the studio got so many complaints from parents that when the series was dubbed for the US one of the changes made was to condense the two episodes into one to not make a ton of elementary age children sad.

I think this is in fact the downer cliffhanger episode.

To not get myself into too much trouble by veering into Anime town. I shall now comment on Dishonored 2.
    I'm on to the fourth level. So far I am still undetected and no killings.
    There may have been a lot of reloads to make that possible, but it's happening still.

Great game.

This discussion has been closed.