As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Your game library has increased. (-1 to your backlog skill)

1939495969799»

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    @CroakerBC's entirely unprovoked philosophy has raised an interesting question for me:

NBhBKBd.png
    Why are Plant-oids not just Plants? What causes or caused the -oid. Do they seed planets, or have they moved beyond such things?
    Do some plantoids flower? Are we not all, in some way, Groot?

Thanks, @CroakerBC!

Presumably because they're humanoid.

Also some of them are mushroom-based, which aren't technically plants.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Florin wrote: »
    I never watched a single episode of Sailor Moon, I was more of a Dragon Ball kid but I guess it's not too late, akajaybay made sure of that. Thank you! :D

Fun fact: In the original Japanese airing, the final 2 episodes had a real downer of a cliffhanger ending to the penultimate episode. So many young girls were distraught over it in the week between episodes and the studio got so many complaints from parents that when the series was dubbed for the US one of the changes made was to condense the two episodes into one to not make a ton of elementary age children sad.

I think this is in fact the downer cliffhanger episode.

To not get myself into too much trouble by veering into Anime town. I shall now comment on Dishonored 2.
    I'm on to the fourth level. So far I am still undetected and no killings.
    There may have been a lot of reloads to make that possible, but it's happening still.

Great game.

I've been playing low chaos, and finished chapter 3 last night but then decided to start over and go full murdertown instead. I was having to abuse quicksave/quickload too much to pull off no-kill so I figured I might as well kill everyone this play through and save the mercy approach for the next time when I know better what to expect.

Love this game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I never watched a single episode of Sailor Moon, I was more of a Dragon Ball kid but I guess it's not too late, akajaybay made sure of that. Thank you! :D

Fun fact: In the original Japanese airing, the final 2 episodes had a real downer of a cliffhanger ending to the penultimate episode. So many young girls were distraught over it in the week between episodes and the studio got so many complaints from parents that when the series was dubbed for the US one of the changes made was to condense the two episodes into one to not make a ton of elementary age children sad.

To not get myself into too much trouble by veering into Anime town. I shall now comment on Dishonored 2.
    There may have been a lot of reloads to make that possible, but it's happening still.

Great game.

Clean hands is hard enough with how fragile so many of these npcs are. Doing that and Shadow is crazy. Doing that, Shadow, and Flesh and Steel will probably break people.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Thankfully detected corpses (sorry, I mean sleepy people) don't seem to count against you. Because I have had a few of those. And general NPCs can see you as long as guards don't.
    But it's much harder to pick off and put to sleep guards when they're mixed in with regular people.

akajaybay on
  • Options

Great game.

I've been playing low chaos, and finished chapter 3 last night but then decided to start over and go full murdertown instead. I was having to abuse quicksave/quickload too much to pull off no-kill so I figured I might as well kill everyone this play through and save the mercy approach for the next time when I know better what to expect.

Love this game.

You have a really generous kill allowance to still be in low chaos. As long as you're knocking out guards you can isolate or domino together, going for low chaos eliminations, and making an attempt to sleep dart, far reach grab and choke, or power attack into a stagger and combat choke/kick lone guards that do get alerted you can wipe out the occasional room of 6 guards that swarms in on you.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think adding all the anime I haven't seen yet to a Steam backlog is wrong and Valve should be ashamed of themselves.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Thankfully detected corpses (sorry, I mean sleepy people) don't seem to count against you. Because I have had a few of those. And general NPCs can see you as long as guards don't.
    But it's much harder to pick off and put to sleep guards when they're mixed in with regular people.

I've had upwards of 20 bodies detected in some missions. I'm not going for ghost/shadow achievements so I don't really care much.

Guard and regular people mixes are ideal for Emily. Usually the civilian is easier to choke out after using Domino to link 3 guards to them.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Great game.

Love this game.

You have a really generous kill allowance to still be in low chaos. As long as you're knocking out guards you can isolate or domino together, going for low chaos eliminations, and making an attempt to sleep dart, far reach grab and choke, or power attack into a stagger and combat choke/kick lone guards that do get alerted you can wipe out the occasional room of 6 guards that swarms in on you.

I mean, I was aiming for zero kills. I'm giving up that approach for now. FULL MURDER! EMBRACE THE DARK!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

I've had upwards of 20 bodies detected in some missions. I'm not going for ghost/shadow achievements so I don't really care much.

Guard and regular people mixes are ideal for Emily. Usually the civilian is easier to choke out after using Domino to link 3 guards to them.

That's true. I guess I could just knock out EVERYONE.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Man, the first level of world 3 in Assault Android Cactus (Checkpoint) feels pretty fuckimpossible to S+ on anyone that is not Cactus.

Having fun with the game, though. Lemon and Molly are my favorites, Aubergine I can't make work, and when I want to actually get a decent score I go for Cactus, generally.

Aubergine is pretty much made to be controlled by the mouse and keyboard, if you are trying to play her with a controller you are not going to have a fun time.

My two favorites are kind of polar opposites, Starch and Holly. Starch has a narrow laser for the main attack and seeker missiles for her special and Holly has seeker ammo for her main attack and a straight fire cannon ball for the special. I find that it is easier to S+ most levels with Holly since you don't have to be very accurate with your main attack, just hold down the fire button to keep up the chain of kills.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Great game.

Love this game.

I mean, I was aiming for zero kills. I'm giving up that approach for now. FULL MURDER! EMBRACE THE DARK!

Zero kills is definitely not for a first playthrough. Even doing low chaos, I'll still take the passive that makes corpses poof and sometimes stab a guard because I don't think I have time to choke out and drag them away before a patrolling buddy comes back. My low-chaos runs are not necessarily nice person runs.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Awesome, thank you Spaniard.

I enjoyed the first Dead Space a lot but never played through any of the sequels. I heard the second one was pretty brutal so I'm excited to give it a whirl.

@SmokeStacks I'd actually really like to hear what you think of it when you play it.

Play it?

Man I know, if I could go back in time and tell a young Stacks that someday he would be working six days a week at two jobs and could build a nice PC and fill it with games and then be too busy or tired to actually get to spend a reasonable amount of time playing them I think his little heart would break right there on the spot. Who was it here on the forums that talked about having more games than they'd ever be able to play and how their "childhood dream had become their adult nightmare"?

I am jealous of children and some forumers who do not bear the heavy yoke of adult responsibilities. Stay! Stay as long as you can!

This is why I get pissed but secretly slightly relieved whenever I find out a new singleplayer game is only seven hours long.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    I don't even get mad about short single player games at this point. There's only the excitement of maybe actually being able to finish them.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    I don't even get mad about short single player games at this point. There's only the excitement of maybe actually being able to finish them.

I just don't want to encourage it, because food has already gone down that road and it just ends up screwing consumers. Food companies have been quietly reducing sizes on their products for years now (that 16 ounce jar of peanut butter gets replaced with a 14 ounce jar one year and then a 12 ounce jar the next, etc) under the excuse that "consumers are asking for smaller sizes", but the one thing they aren't reducing is the price.

I'm just afraid that if everyone says "Yeah we're cool with shorter games now" the game industry will jump on it and the average game from the next generation of releases will have a two hundred million dollar budget, cost seventy dollars, and be five hours long.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I had a friend in Japan mailing me tapes as it aired, 4 episodes per tape, so I was on episode 44 (of 46) when the finale aired and some doofus on rec.arts.anime spoiled the ending of the show in a thread title. I am still annoyed by this 24 years later.

Also I was obviously five at the time and it was perfectly reasonable for me to be watching this sort of program. I was not a full adult watching little girls shows that would be ridiculous and silly. Hah?

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I had a dream about Skaven last night. Something about how we should rob a bank. Eventually it turned into an argument about whether raccoons are rodents or not. The Skaven just would not listen to me.

What has my life become?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Fonjo wrote: »
    I had a dream about Skaven last night. Something about how we should rob a bank. Eventually it turned into an argument about whether raccoons are rodents or not. The Skaven just would not listen to me.

What has my life become?

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Man, the first level of world 3 in Assault Android Cactus (Checkpoint) feels pretty fuckimpossible to S+ on anyone that is not Cactus.

Having fun with the game, though. Lemon and Molly are my favorites, Aubergine I can't make work, and when I want to actually get a decent score I go for Cactus, generally.

Aubergine is pretty much made to be controlled by the mouse and keyboard, if you are trying to play her with a controller you are not going to have a fun time.

My two favorites are kind of polar opposites, Starch and Holly. Starch has a narrow laser for the main attack and seeker missiles for her special and Holly has seeker ammo for her main attack and a straight fire cannon ball for the special. I find that it is easier to S+ most levels with Holly since you don't have to be very accurate with your main attack, just hold down the fire button to keep up the chain of kills.

Yeah, Holly is pretty great. She just isn't a good fit on this level because you need to keep on the go and run run run, with a lot of red enemies popping up far away, and Holly's secondary weapon moves super slow and has a large cooldown, so if you can't manage to get a yellow powerup at a couple points you can very easily just simply... miss the combo from not being able to kill the dude before the combo timer runs out, or simply not have the secondary fire back on time.

Cactus's flamethrower has tiny cooldown, so it's a lot more reliable for murdering these big red dudes out of nowhere fast enough to keep the combo going.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    If they put Anime on there does that mean that the steam thread is now the Anime thread?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    If they put Anime on there does that mean that the steam thread is now the Anime thread?

You mean, the Steam thread is shut down forever?

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Cactus's flamethrower has tiny cooldown, so it's a lot more reliable for murdering these big red dudes out of nowhere fast enough to keep the combo going.

I can't say I've ever timed it but I thought all the special cooldowns were the same. I know that if you use Holly's special at full charge it will blow through enemies until it hits a wall but if you fire it before full charge it will kill one or two and then stop, so the longer you wait the more powerful it is but I don't think there's anything stopping you from firing it early.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Next thread title should be "Steam desu" just to make tube twitch.

• Options
    Don't poke the hedgehog.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well we had a good run everyone. We gifted a lot. We had a lot of fun but eventually something had to give.

Pack it up. Go home.

Go.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Thank you @The_Spaniard for your giveaways! I've been meaning to try The Banner Saga and after I got a bit of Tyranny in my system I just had to enter for a chance to a win. Awesome!

Hm I thought I at least showed up as DUE! on steam gifts but I suppose not. Thanks for the assist @Iolo !

oh and fun fact shortly before I came up with this awful username that I regret every day I was running around AOL as MoonIightKnight (the L is an i you see.)

:rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    $9.90 for ESO is tempting... just to have it on Steam...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Same, actually. That's really tempting.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Almost 3 years ago to the day, I was gifted with Infinite Bioshocks by the infinitely classy @Heatwave. Three years! My how time flies.

Today, I finished it.
    kwwqkjnqsjty.png

Thank you once again, loved it (particularly giving enemies flying lessons via the gleefully over-enthusiastic use of Undertow, and zooming round at breakneck speed on skylines). And I'm sorry it took me so long to elbow my way through the backlog and reach it!
    Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! :biggrin:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Don't poke the hedgehog.

Gift him Sailor Moon

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I will never get it, to be honest. But well, whatever.

Anyway, is ESO monthly fee or buy once and play? Because it doesn't look terrible, but definitely not interesting enough for monthly payments.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    $9.90 for ESO is tempting... just to have it on Steam...

$18.13 here, for some reason. I don't understand the conversion rate.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Ooooh it's almost new thread time :biggrin:

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options

That explains the smell...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks a lot @The_Spaniard for Ethan Carter! Have had my eye on it since it came out, looking forward to finally giving it a shot!

I've owned it since it came out, but haven't played it yet. I've really been wanting to try it out in VR, but I'm hesitant to pay 10 bucks for a VR patch that has mixed reviews. I kinda missed out on getting the patch for 2ish bucks in the last Steam sale.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

That explains the smell...

Excuse me =\

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Why yes, it IS new thread time!

NEW THREAD!!!
    NEW THREAD!!!
    NEW THREAD!!!

@Bobkins Flymo or @Echo can you please shut this one down? Thanks!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So I understand Steam has anime now, which I learned because @akajaybay also gifted me an episode of Sailor Moon!

Imgur's being a pain, so pardon the lack of image. The gift message said not to post, but I'm gonna. Thanks a bunch, man! This is unexpected for several reasons, but not in any way unwelcome :+1:

You know what's gonna happen though, right? This is the floodgates opening, like how Valkyria Chronicles showed up and then suddenly ten bajillion JRPGs and VNs followed on its heels. It starts off light, we'll get like Akira or DBZ or something. Then right behind it is NGE or Cowboy Bebop, followed by a few lesser-known shows that've been on Adult Swim a few times. Then before you know it the Steam thread is arguing about subs vs. dubs, shipping wars are a daily occurrence, gift bombings now include wall scrolls and figurines, and several posters have disappeared into Kancolle never to return because the numbers keep going up.

THE DARKNESS LIES WITHIN US MY FRIENDS

IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
This discussion has been closed.