As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

• Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    Hey gents.. I just now noticed that the FotL event is carrying over into the Bungie Store, with a very pleasant surprise! Looks like there is a limited run of the Pinny Arcade Destiny set from PAX West 2016 available. With it you get one nice looking emblem as well.

http://bungiestore.com/

Cheers!

Do you have a link to the exact set? I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind. $45, ouch.

Yeah, the sticker shock was real.. But that didn't stop me. It's the perfect confluence of PA & Destiny, if only that it reminds me of all the Pax Arcadia funtimes.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    omg this shader
    vruast1xp3jg.png

This is the best outfit/costume I have ever seen in this game, ever. I don't think I would ever change into anything else, LL be damned. This is the best.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    OK, for late(r) night PS4 raiding purposes--around 10pm or a little later, Eastern--here are the people who have expressed interest (I'm not going to @ people because I am envisioning a nightmare scenario where replies aren't edited to remove them, etc.)
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    The Raging Platypus / (don't know)
    StaticValor / staticvalor_1
    EvilMonkey / SciencePiggy
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

MagicPrime also pointed out the previous late-night raid people
    Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I'm not sure who would be available for tonight, but I've gone ahead and thrown a the100.io game together for 10pm tonight (@ me on here if you're not on the100 and want to raid, and I'll bump the reserved slots) just in case there's interest since we do seem to have more than enough people in theory for that late start. If tonight doesn't work out, I'll try for Thursday night since I work from home tomorrow and Friday--thus, being up later is no biggy.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Jeez, your games are all so... well, early for me. I'd like to get the OP one day.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    "I'm so tired of all these Green Engrams dropping, can you make them stop, Rahool?"

"No Guardian, I can't, I'm sorry."

"But Rahool, why not?"

"Because, Guardian, you are the Green Engram."

And then @Local H Jay was the green engram

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Hey gents.. I just now noticed that the FotL event is carrying over into the Bungie Store, with a very pleasant surprise! Looks like there is a limited run of the Pinny Arcade Destiny set from PAX West 2016 available. With it you get one nice looking emblem as well.

http://bungiestore.com/

Cheers!

Do you have a link to the exact set? I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind. $45, ouch.

Yeah, the sticker shock was real.. But that didn't stop me. It's the perfect confluence of PA & Destiny, if only that it reminds me of all the Pax Arcadia funtimes.
    Actually I prefer this confluence. :P

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I have to work tonight but i am free weds / thurs night this week. Cant do Friday night.

If youre trying to set up a weekly thing, my schedule is different every week because of my 5 week shift work schedule.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, for late(r) night PS4 raiding purposes--around 10pm or a little later, Eastern--here are the people who have expressed interest (I'm not going to @ people because I am envisioning a nightmare scenario where replies aren't edited to remove them, etc.)
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I'm not sure who would be available for tonight, but I've gone ahead and thrown a the100.io game together for 10pm tonight (@ me on here if you're not on the100 and want to raid, and I'll bump the reserved slots) just in case there's interest since we do seem to have more than enough people in theory for that late start. If tonight doesn't work out, I'll try for Thursday night since I work from home tomorrow and Friday--thus, being up later is no biggy.
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I am not opposed to doing a normal mode, but I have all my slots at 385 or Higher. So hard mode is looking a lot more appealing.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I've nothing but salt in my heart for all of you who are enjoying yourselves playing Destiny today... I'm still at work and my day off tomorrow has been cancelled due to more work.

...I continue to slog away, armored in halite and tears.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I am in general down for later-evening EST raiding so long as I can get to bed by like 0200 at the latest.

I joined the raid tonight as a reserve on the basis that I'm going out for cheap beer and wine night and don't want to hold up the raid if I'm plastered at 2200.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I am not opposed to doing a normal mode, but I have all my slots at 385 or Higher. So hard mode is looking a lot more appealing.

Yeah, my Titan is at 390. The main reason I want to run NM is to get OP (and help others that A. want to even SEE the raid, and B. need to do OP like me). Otherwise, I'm absolutely down for HM.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I signed up as a reserve for AspectVoid's WotM NM run later tonight, but for some reason the100 won't let me raise my LL above 335.
    (I'm currently 370)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Yeah, my Titan is at 390. The main reason I want to run NM is to get OP (and help others that A. want to even SEE the raid, and B. need to do OP like me). Otherwise, I'm absolutely down for HM.

I'm also at 390 on two of my characters. I've never seen the raid so I would like to at least do normal once to get a hang of the mechanics.

I have seen the last phase of the Aksis fight - some rando on my friends list (non PAer) invited me with a "please help" kinda message. After.... 2 hours? of attempts we did not succeed and I bailed. At least I do understand the normal mode mechanics of that one fight now.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I signed up as a reserve for AspectVoid's WotM NM run later tonight, but for some reason the100 won't let me raise my LL above 335.
    (I'm currently 370)

That's fine, 370 is good. I've still got room for 1 more if anyone is interested. Please be interested.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I'd prefer not to start a raid that late on a regular basis. Somewhere around 7-8:30 works best for me so that we're ideally done by 10pm. I'll be around this Friday if you need a fill in but none of my characters are 385 yet with my weekly playtime might not be for a few weeks.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    You do get a Treasure of the Lost at the end of the quest..

I got a Prince Mask and a one time consumeable that changes my spawn animation for 2 hours, was kind of hoping for something more interesting... And permanent.

Got the Superblack, Sea of Tears and Unquiet Spirit shaders but didnt get Candlelight yet and I've already spent 2 Skeleton Keys trying to get it, now I'm out of keys, seems this one will be a headache to get.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I am down to raid any weeknight after 10:00 eastern, and most nights after 9:00. I do not need NM, but I'll sign up as a reserve if you need one..

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    You do get a Treasure of the Lost at the end of the quest..

I got a Prince Mask and a one time consumeable that changes my spawn animation for 2 hours, was kind of hoping for something more interesting... And permanent.

Got the Superblack, Sea of Tears and Unquiet Spirit shaders but didnt get Candlelight yet and I've already spent 2 Skeleton Keys trying to get it, now I'm out of keys.

This is literally the first day of a two week event

You've got time.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, as long as you can get another key to drop in 2 weeks

Good luck

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Good luck

Exactly my point, I dont particularly love the idea of having to run a million strikes on the off chance that I maybe get a key, which I can then use to maybe get the shader.

Think I've gotten like 5 Skeleton Keys... Total. I'll soon need an additional one for the Thorn Bounty too.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Good luck

They've increased the drop rate of Skeleton Keys

Because its Festival of the Lost

And they are Skeleton Keys

Get it? Like Skeletons are things that are usually associated with Halloween and Festival of the Lost is like Destiny's Halloween and the keys that have increased drop rate have "skeleton" in the name

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ObiFett wrote: »

Good luck

I havent seen any official mention of increased drop rates to be honest, whats your source for that?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Good luck

I havent seen any official mention of increased drop rates to be honest, whats your source for that?

This post
    I hope they upped the droprate on Skelly Keys...

See...

oh wait, I misread that didn't I?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I was getting a Skeleton Key every 5-6 SIVA Crisis (non-Heroic) strikes. YMMV.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It just seems weird that the Candlelight shader wasnt a 100% drop on using a Skeleton Key, when I got the green Spirit shader from the very first Crucible match, as did Tini. (Jay too, I think?)

I got a Sepiks Deposed Bond with a nearly perfect roll, 25/24 Int/disc from one of my keys though, not too shabby, thats one of the nicer class items for Warlocks.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Forum Name / PSN Handle
    MagicPrime / MagicPrime
    lakhesis / strangerfork
    Al_wat / AWATTT66

Voranth
    Grydlink
    Amicabilis

I'm PST, but generally can probably start playing 10pm EST, along with my wife. Moving up in light level, I'm like 370 something, shes around there as well

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    It just seems weird that the Candlelight shader wasnt a 100% drop on using a Skeleton Key, when I got the green Spirit shader from the very first Crucible match, as did Tini. (Jay too, I think?)

I got a Sepiks Deposed Bond with a nearly perfect roll, 25/24 Int/disc from one of my keys though, not too shabby, thats one of the nicer class items for Warlocks.

for what its worth, it took me 2 crucible matches to get that shader, so it isn't guaranteed on the first. its possible that the shaders just have a very high drop rate, even if Skeleton Keys haven't increased.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Jay, you may have moved me to play destiny during the festival. My guardians thank you

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Gotta watch to the end... it made me chuckle...

https://youtu.be/X9viirsks3c

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I finally got the Thorn quest!
    1263563485_dancing_kids.gif

• Options
    So before I resolve the progress blocking vault space thing by destroying my mask collection...

where is the kiosk for masks?

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    At the top of the Tower.
    Nearby Eva Levante.

• Options
    i like how all of the masks have "you can discard and reclaim this!" intheir description now.

obviously a trap

hoarding must continue!

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I did it. And I recorded my great blasphemy against the lords of hoarding.

I now have... 91/108 spots in my vault used.

It feels weird and wrong.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    This is an excellent shader.
    efRMu8b.png

• Options
    StaticValorStaticValor Registered User regular
    Thanks @Fawst, I was working tonight, but should hopefully be down for NM fun next week (unless you run again this weekend).

What's a good LL for normal mode? 370s?

PSN staticvalor_1
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    It's 05:22 a.m. here.
    Brain tired. Heart greatfull.

• Options
    I can confirm thorn is decent in crucible. It isnt at its previous level, it doesnt have the range it used to, but it is still great. Ive been swapping between that and mida.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I don't know what the heck you guys were talking about with the Stellar Impact gloves looking bad.

These things are badass, and this particular combination of gear only makes it look better.

PYu4gkT.png